It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A grim outlook, the Misery of the bored and lonely One Consciousness.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Welcome to the Dark Night of the Soul.

Love is the key.

Good luck.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Fizix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Fizix

oooh, the Dark Night of the Soul.... i was going to post the same.
I'm passing through it right now, i feel nauseated of the entire "all and everything" right now, also feeling useless at seeing the grade of decayment this world is on it. I've also lost my capabilities of lucid dreaming and my visions again....
I have been here so many times and yeah, it's kinda sad, but i'm not scared at all, the good thing is it's gonna pass, one day, and maybe sooner than we expect.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
From Wiki,

These parallel experiences across faiths have led to speculation that the Dark Night is a common spiritual or mystical state or stage which is independent of the specific belief system.

That´s very interesting, thanks for your input.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

I found this for you:
youtu.be...
Namaste.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

MamaJ, Bless you! We are the majority! All of us who are sick of the advancement of the selfish. Yet they divide us with consumerism and TMZ. I feel I can no longer wait for the brave one who will instigate change so we can follow. I can't.

Love and positive energy to you and yours. I'm sending it now wrapped in a hug!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by shimmeringsilver73

How do I know that the One Consciousness strives for growth and experience-gain? Go to any spot on Earth where nature is in its purest form. The sheer magnificence of our unspoilt planet and the feeling of Oneness in these places is the purest mirror to me of the true nature of the One Consciousness. Such beauty cannot be created or experienced by a comatose consciousness.

So freaken true!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
reply to post by JR MacBeth

I think I see where the problem came to be. The notion of God was given human characteristics, of which boredom was one of them. But who could have blamed them. Thinking outside the box in those days, was dangerous, hence the establishment of secret societies that still exist to this day, well not so secret anymore.

But nonetheless, the human characteristics attributed as God I believe is where the problem lies, as with most of our world religions. A mistranslation, or perhaps and intentional foul up to cover the truth or simply knowledge used against humanity to enslave us.

The secret however being that we as individuals have the potential of being God. For we are offsprings from the same source, of which is all there is.

This of course brings us back to question TPTB and thier agenda, but that is another matter all together.

Peace

edit on 4-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the response, that wasn't quite what I was getting at, but can certainly be a problem of course.

One of the risks I took with my response was mentioning "New Age", and "God". That can be an automatic shut-off switch right there, especially in a thread like this. One other poster responding to my post may have got caught that way. But, I'm sure I could have made my point clearer.

My point in bringing up "God" in a thread like this is precisely because the definitions of a divine being, start to converge when we begin imagining things like "One Consciousness", or a "Higher Self", or an "Omega Point", etc.

That being the case, while we may be thinking of "different" things, in fact, upon closer inspection, if the "beings" in question share enough characteristics, then we need only overcome the labels, to perhaps constructively find pertinent information that illuminates both.

In this case, our ancestors in the West had already spent many years thinking about the matter, at least in their terms. What I thought was interesting was that they have already encountered the exact same problem the OP speaks of, and then offered their "solutions". If you buy the notion that the ideas are in fact similar, then it seems that we could stand to learn something.

To recap, the ancients contemplated "divinity", at the time as "apart" from themselves of course, and a pantheon was born. Additional critical thinking resulted in a "oneness" that was expressed in monotheism. This oneness led to the recognition of potential difficulties, the prime difficulty being that our experience seems to regard relationship as very important, and yet, a Oneness seemed to imply that such a thing was impossible.

Of course, there were other intuitions besides the idea that such a being might be "lonely", such as boredom, and ultimately, misery, terms the OP used, and which seem very much to the point.

Are these intuitions automatically of less value, when we realize our anthropomorphic tendencies may have been at work?

Not necessarily, and this might be an important point. While there certainly are very "human" concepts that we might erroneously attribute to deity, or an Omega Point consciousness, that would be well beyond some of our naive notions, is it possible that there are indeed issues that would remain, for any conscious being?

Difficult to imagine of course, with our limitations, but are there perhaps issues that are "of the essence", pointing to existential realities that are perhaps disturbing at some level?

Enter some "solutions", such as the attempt to re-insert relationship within deity, post monotheism, i.e. the Trinity.

Again, my use of the term "deity" shouldn't be such a stumbling block I would hope. The fact is, if we are all "one" in some greater sense, that our future selves are in fact "One" at some imagined "Omega" point, that exits time, and therefore could inform it's past, then we are not dealing with an entity substantially different than what we usually consider "god". For all practical considerations, these entities have converged.

I think this is a more useful approach then creating a false dichotomy, as some seem so apt to do. They imagine that they have put distance between their modern enlightened notions, and the ignorant past, all the while missing the point that only terminology and labels may have changed. The fundamental ideas may have been there from a very early stage.

I often find value in what our ancestors had discovered so long ago, and I think others might also. But, we must get to the point where we can make connections, read what they left us, and see that our "modern" problems, might not be so modern after all.

JR

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

This notion of oneness that you talk of was not thought up. It is not something that can be reached in the future, this is a thought up notion.
You are the oneness you just haven't realized it yet.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Thanks I´ll check it out tonight.

Are you from Belgium?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Good post, i see what you mean about different labels, but it being sort of the same thing.

Just like the Dark Night of the Soul, that other posters pointed out, seems to be a shared spiritual expereince across all religions.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Excellent thread, good ideas here--- and I must agree with ItIsNowAgain, I think he is must be a kindred spirit of mine

He is quite right about William Samuel---If you want to find Happiness and Joy and Peace while getting through the upheaval going on, I suggest you read William Samuel's book titled The Child Within Us Lives! A Synthesis on Science, Religion and Metaphysics---It is a big book about the next step after we discover the world is Subjective not objective (but includes the appearances of objective) It is about finding the Joy of Living in the world again because we know what we know.

It is a book which was written in 1986 because he saw exactly what was coming. He knew many were going to discover the Oneness, and knew they would do not know what 'to do with It' now that "they got It". He knew because he had made the same journey. It is prophetic and powerfully wonderful book that I am hoping many will find because it holds some essential keys about the Balance between this world of matter and the Higher Self-knowing of Oneness. We can find our Original Self (The Child) that does not deny this world of images, but understands the reasons for this time in the world---We have much to do for our world, and It is a Joy to do it.

After you read it, you will not ever feel bored again, you will tap into Something that is Vital and Alive and eager to do what we are here to do, in our own unique and marvelous way.

Thank you everyone, for your beautiful unfolding Wisdom and Light, Sweetmystery

edit on 8-8-2011 by Sweetmystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I just have add this: The more I have grown to understand 'who I am' in relationship to Life/ God/Oneness more the less fearful and self concerned I am, and that just opens my heart and mind so that there from that I can enjoy people and work, all the everyday stuff including my own company and my relationship to everyone and everything has become so much more fun and enjoyable and interesting---and I don't need much of anything to feel truly fulfilled in my heart and soul--- Really things get so much better as we begin to understand "oneness". I know for sure that I am more at peace with Life and much more In Love with Life at a very deep level---and Life just seems so much easier, sweeter, gentler, simpler more meaningful without needing much of anything----I am not lonely or bored, even when there are no friends around, I feel connected to Love and Life and Everything seems to be so much more alive and beautiful that I am not lonely at all---Life just gets richer and deeper and more interesting to me---I feel like a little kid excited for Christmas morning----

Being less fearful I am able to Love the Mystery of Life so much more and I don't need anything or anyone in order to feel this profound peace and yet there are more friends and loved than I could have ever dreamed. I love the Peace that just carries me through without worries or fear--- No, I cannot say things are grim when I discovered the LIving Truth---no, really there is so much more too--- I will continue to discover ever new things about this Oneness, this is just the beginning of Life, not the end---There is no way it is grim or boring or lonely.

Much Love, SweetMystery

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I kind of have thought about this, too. I mean I really have. Identical thoughts to what you laid out here. I mean when I am bored when most people are, what do we do? We play games or fantasize or dream. It's true this sad image this may be indeed the actual truth. But would you give up your conciousness? I wouldn't, I'd embrace it!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Ahh but that is when we shine as the divine. Our ability to create art, literature, music, etc is when we lick the sugar on top. It's the only reason we exist for. It's our gift to pass the time on this utopia of sights and tastes. At least, that was the premise behind all of this.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

I mean when I am bored when most people are, what do we do? We play games or fantasize or dream.

When you are bored...this is the time where your soul is calling.
Do not fantasise, ore play games, do nothing.
This is where you can see your ego in frustration, your ego is bored but never your soul.
So inflict your ego many minutes of frustration so he can leave you alone as a soul-being.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

I agree, when boredom is apparent who is it that says this is boring. This one can be watched by the presence that you really are. When you can locate yourself as the watcher of the bored one you will see that there is a misidentification. You are not the bored one (that is an illusion), you are the still peaceful one that is watching.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join