It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stange Object found on Texas Lake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

The ridges, as well as any material exposed from the blast could have burned off or melted from it's descent in Earth's atmosphere.

ETA: The object from the lake clearly has markings of a circular nature around the circumference and the two points on the ball correspond with the two connection points on the shuttle tank.
edit on 2-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: additional content

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It would be a a really really large egg if it was. And the way they are handeling it is like how a ufo is to be handled in the firefighters guide avoid anyone incontact is labeled toxic ect. So lets hope its just some part and not sneak disclosure

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well...was searching on new info online, came to the Daily Sentinel the Nacogdoches news paper...found this in the comments on the story...makes me wonder about the Nasa story a wee bit.

We had a similar object in Beech Creek on our farm in Lilbert. We contacted NASA and sent photos and they had someone call.
She never came and got it. There is a water moccasin guarding it in our photos!
They are posted on Remember in Nac When on Facebook.

dailysentinel.com...-comment-area

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
When those things hatch out, they probably attach to your mouth....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Firefigher's Guide for
Disaster Control
ufo related section

"Near approaches of UFOs can be harmful to human beings. Do not
stand under a UFO that is hovering at low altitude. Do not touch or
attempt to touch a UFO that has landed. In either case the safe thing
to do is to get away from there very quickly and let the military
take over. There is a possibility of radiation danger and there are
known cases where persons have been burned by rays emanating from
UFOs. Don't take chances with UFOs!"

In view of the federal law (cited earlier) empowering NASA's
administrator to impound, without a hearing, anyone who touches a UFO
or its occupants. it would be inadvisable to make personal contact
unless you are willing to submit to NASA's quarantine requirements,
should the law be invoked.

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

edit on 8/2/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I have to agree, after seeing ZeroReadys post. If that green tank is from SS Columbia, the sphere from the lake is not.

The ridges would not erode that much in 8 years, not without a trace. No text is visible at all, no green color is visible neither.

It must be an egg. And it has hatched...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
never eating another egg again.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
Aren't the military the usual ones who take over these sort of things? Never heard of NASA coming out to take care of something like this, but then I'm not hip on UFO lore/history.

NASA is a military branch. I don't even mean that in a figurative, bitter sort of way. They are very plainly a branch of the US military.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gossipnancy
going off topic,i notice alot of threads about low water lvls........the heatwave is doing some damage i guess.

Went to the park the other day, there are cracks in the ground I mean pretty huge cracks, unlike anything I've ever seen in my entire life. I'm from Oklahoma, very used to hot summers, but never before has my news station ever told us to stay inside. Its about 110 right now. Our plants are pretty much dead outside. We can only water every other day, some nearby cities are shutting down water for 3 hours a day in the mornings, another electric company is calling for everyone to try and use less power through the hours of 5-8. Never seen anything like it!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Off topic. Its because more radiation is mixing with the green house gases trapping a very interesting stew for many to breath as well as heating up EArth. Causing water evaporation to occure more, NOT EVEN MENTIONING WHAT HAPPENED IN THE GOM SMH.....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Here's the link to the fb photos of similar object found farm. From the Daily Sentinel post above...I went and found the link to post here...IDK if it is the same as the lake object.

oops...wrong link will find again.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Sorry link won't work here...lot of photos of space debris from the Columbia.

Go to FB search for "Remember in Nacogdoches when" then scroll down to Shuttle Columbia Debris. You will find photos of another sphere, surprisingly never picked up by Nasa...
edit on 2-8-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I really don't think we should trust NASA but it does look man-made to me. IT seems way too metallic to be any kind of egg. My best guess is that, if it is not part of Columbia, that it may be part of another craft built by NASA or another branch of the government. We need to wait and find out what this really is!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It's probably a pressure-vessel tank -- maybe a liquid oxygen (lox) tank or some other pressurized chemical, perhaps used for propellant. They are usually spherical. The exterior growth on it could be due to being in a lake for eight years.

Here's a cutaway of the Space Shuttle where you can see several of these spherical tanks (I count 13 in this image, and it's only of half of the shuttle):
upload.wikimedia.org...

Here is picture of a lox tank from a Saturn-V engine:
www.flickr.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I see a groove that seems to circle the whole thing just under the roundest part of the sphere I also see two sets of nozzles. The edge of the hole looks like bent metal. Seems to match what NASA says it is, if not perfectly...maybe it was a different model?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

The LOX on the Saturn V model seems a little large, no?

This found object was said to be 4ft by 4ft.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by andriod

The LOX on the Saturn V model seems a little large, no?

This found object was said to be 4ft by 4ft.

The Saturn V tank was obviously only shown as an example (considering that the Space Shuttle is not a Saturn V). The cutaway of the Space Shuttle I provided showed spherical tanks in various locations and of varying sizes.

Someone a few posts back said this was possibly part of Columbia’s power reactant and storage distribution system, which held the cryogenic hydrogen and oxygen that powered the shuttle's fuel cells to produce electricity in space. This may be one of those cryogenic tanks -- probably the hydrogen tank.

Here is a description of the hydrogen tanks in the power reactant and storage distribution system:

...The hydrogen tanks also are identical. Both the inner pressure vessel and the outer shell are constructed of aluminum 2219. The inner vessel's diameter is 41.51 inches and the outer shell's is 45.5 inches....
Source

45.5 inches is just about 4 feet. Plus, the tanks are insulated, so perhaps that's why the object that was found looks a bit "bumpy" -- not too mention the scum and lake sediment that may have collected on the object over the eight years it was underwater.

edit on 8/2/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I understood it was used as an example, I just wasn't sure if they were all roughly that size or not. Thank you for clarifying.
edit on 2/8/2011 by andriod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

May have been. It's the patterns on the object that remind me of something recently posted (that was round also). *shrug*
reply to post by Balkan

I seem to remember reading about a ball of ice that fell in Russia recently. It had lines etched, crisscross fashion on the surface. Looks a lot like this, same size, and a perfect sphere, by all accounts. Could that be what you're thinking of?

edit on 2/8/2011 by crumpet97 because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This was in the news. On MSM. It is a cryogenic fuel tank used on the space shuttle Columbia which exploded upon reentry. According to the article I read, there have been over 2000 pieces of the space shuttle found strewn over eastern Texas and Louisana. The severe drought has lowered the water level in this lake by over nine feet thus exposing this tank that has been submerged for many years now.
edit on 2-8-2011 by karen61057 because: wrong space shuttle name. Both exploded.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm going to go find it and swim with it.
Remember the movie"Cocoon"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join