It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stange Object found on Texas Lake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Another thread here for anyone of your interested in the comments there

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

How fast would this ball have to have been going when the shuttle blew up?

Pretty damn fast, and I'm reading it survived the impact of hitting water going at least a couple of hundred of MPH? Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
reply to post by Balkan

One guy had a piece of a spacecraft or something float up on his property from the ocean.

Does that sound familiar?

May have been. It's the patterns on the object that remind me of something recently posted (that was round also). *shrug*

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Here is a picture of the Power Reactant Storage and Distribution tank from the shuttle.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/708669f5a46c.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is what they found in the lake and has been claimed by NASA

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d95e3af0963.jpg[/atsimg]

Aside from both being spheres, they don't look the same. Maybe the PRSD tank sustained enough damage in the Columbia explosion to become that sphere found in Texas, but I don't know. I would say that the found sphere is not a Power Reactant Storage tank as NASA claims it is. Kind of weird...
edit on 2-8-2011 by ZeroReady because: typos

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Cant NASA just say its this or that part with no issue there are engineers there???????

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

That does raise an eyebrow but consider the following:

The terminal velocity for this object may not have been enough to destroy it.

The apparent rip would most certainly alter the aerodynamic profile of the object. In essence, "catching" air and slowing the object down. Assuming of course, this damage occurred pre-impact.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
"If you touch it, you will get arrested".

Obsessive much?? Nasa should get arrested everytime some question is left unanswered, or an anomaly/photoshop spot the size of texas shows up on the space photos.

About the sphere(s), they look as though they could be those thingys on the back of the shuttle.
I'd say it's credible.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

In a Texas lake? I'm not sure what it is.. is it even metal?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Cant NASA just say its this or that part with no issue there are engineers there???????

I agree...but, that would require some one actually making a decision no?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Unfortunately yes.... *Sighs again nasa nasa nasa

edit on 8/2/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here's an example of these tanks from the Apollo missions. Doesn't look like the old Apollo ones, but I don't know how much things have changed. Looks more like something else, to me. www.spaceaholic.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Anyone ever see the movie "COCOON" ?

2nd

Parker

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Aren't the military the usual ones who take over these sort of things? Never heard of NASA coming out to take care of something like this, but then I'm not hip on UFO lore/history.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
the hole was made from the inside out. like something came out of it
looks interesting to me

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'd like to add something more:

From the damage to this tank, it appears that it was inflicted pre-impact. From the blast profile of this, it appears to me that it occurred from within the tank. This may very well have been the true cause of the mishap or may simply be an secondary to another failure onboard.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I thought that too, glad I wasn't the only one.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
Here is a picture of the Power Reactant Storage and Distribution tank from the shuttle.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/708669f5a46c.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is what they found in the lake and has been claimed by NASA

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d95e3af0963.jpg[/atsimg]

Aside from both being spheres, they don't look the same. Maybe the PRSD tank sustained enough damage in the Columbia explosion to become that sphere found in Texas, but I don't know. I would say that the found sphere is not a Power Reactant Storage tank as NASA claims it is. Kind of weird...
edit on 2-8-2011 by ZeroReady because: typos

this doesnt make sense, where are the ridges in the metal body compared to the one in the NASA pic, the one that was found was completely smooth. it reminds me of this ... www.youtube.com... or ya from the movie cocoon. either way, I really don't think it is what NASA says it is, there would be some sort of resemblance to the space shuttle part still other than it being the same shape.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well the Mail online is reporting that NASA has confirmed it is part of the shuttle Columbia's power reactant and storage distribution system .

Nasa confirmed today that the object found in Lake Nacogdoches was part of Columbia’s power reactant and storage distribution system, which held the cryogenic hydrogen and oxygen necessary for the vehicle’s fuel cells to produce electricity in space.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 2-8-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

link   
Definitely interesting! Very cool! Thanks for posting. Looks like space poo! No idea though, will certainly do some research on it ! Hopefully we'll learn something.

link   
going off topic,i notice alot of threads about low water lvls........the heatwave is doing some damage i guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join