It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stange Object found on Texas Lake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What do you think it is...huh? Photo at link.

NACOGDOCHES, Texas -- Police say low water levels at a Texas lake during the drought have led to recovery of a container-like object that could be from space shuttle Columbia.

The shuttle broke apart and burned in February 2003, scattering remnants over East Texas.

Nacogdoches police on Monday announced recovery of the item, described as about 4 feet in diameter and "full of mud." Police say the piece was found in an isolated part of Lake Nacogdoches.

Sgt. Greg Sowell says the lower water level has exposed a larger than normal area on the north side of the lake. Sowell says a large, round object became visible and it's very possible that the item was part of Columbia.

Police have notified NASA and provided photos. Any shuttle pieces are government property.

Associated Press

www.firstcoastnews.com...

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware
of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as
a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 8/2/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Here's a video on the subject, same found in russia.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

Whoa...hadn't a clue of others of these being found. TY for posting the vid. Now, off to research what I can find online.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
My first guess was that it may perhaps be a piece of Columbia, right where the tail fin meets the... exhaust, I guess you can say? Sorry, not familiar with proper names of a space shuttle's parts.

That above is an old image of Columbia found with a basic Google search.

Then again, maybe not. Judging by another photo of it at a different angle, it looks way different than the object found.

It's definitely not the nose, the nose is black!

As I write this, I am having a major case of Deja Vu...

As for the video, they look like balls of sand, not solid objects.
edit on 2/8/2011 by andriod because: added link

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Nasa claims it in this article...

NASA confirms debris found in ETX lake is section of Columbia
Posted: Aug 02, 2011 11:21 AM EDT Updated: Aug 02, 2011 12:29 PM EDT
By Kerri Compton - bio | email

NACOGDOCHES, COUNTY, TX - NASA has confirmed to CNN that an object found in Lake Nacogdoches is a section of space shuttle Columbia, according to a Kennedy Space Center spokesperson.

"It's one of ours," said Lisa Malone.

Malone said the piece is a power reaction storage and distribution tank from the shuttle. It's about 4 feet in diameter. The tanks provided power and water for shuttle missions.

NASA was informed by authorities last week they had found possible shuttle debris in the lake.

NASA is in contact with Nacogdoches Police to try to determine a recovery plan.

"We're looking into whether will send a team out or local authorities can do it," Malone said.

Malone said the plan is to get the tank back to KSC where the rest of Columbia's debris is stored

"Once a year someone in Texas will find a piece of something, they think is Columbia debris," Malone said.

The last debris recovered was a year ago. Columbia remains are stored in the vehicle assembly building at KSC.

www.ksla.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
These orbs are def not from a space shuttle. They look like giant eggs to me.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm watching news story on CNN...they said Nasa in sending team to area...also said on CNN, to Not touch it. If you touch it, you can be arrested....whaaaa????

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by abilitiy

Gives whole new meaning to pod people huh...

edit on 2-8-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
That thing really reminds me of something else posted here on ATS within the last few days. Can't remember what it was or what thread though.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

See, the 4 feet in diameter helps sum it up a bit better...

But really, how can people trust what NASA has to say lately? How do we know it's not just another cover-up?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

Seems like an entirely separate matter to me.

Not to mention that video is clearly edited and toyed with.

ETA: Got the link to load finally. I apologize, this is obviously a related incident and a much higher quality photo than the video. That said, while this may be debris, the others appear to be rocks. Highly edited rocks.
edit on 2-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by abilitiy

I was thinking the exact same thing...very creepy

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

One guy had a piece of a spacecraft or something float up on his property from the ocean.

Does that sound familiar?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
looks like a Decepticon eye-ball to me, shag happens when you mess with Texas

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Probably an old ocean depth mine of some sort.

link   
I say that NASA needs to buy it if they want it!

Claiming it as part of the shuttle seems unlikely since another has been found elsewhere in the world; it also appears to have already hatched!

link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
Probably an old ocean depth mine of some sort.

But...it's in a lake. Would they use those in a lake? IDK.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What would really be gross is if you found one of the astronaut's helmets with their charred skull still inside it. I don't know how much of the remains were found during the initial search, so I assume it's possible.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Extraterrestrial probes. Either shot down or crashed.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It's MINE...and you can't touch it....

"We want to remind everyone that the rules are the same as they were back in 2003. If this object is indeed a part of the shuttle, it is government property, and it is a criminal offense to tamper with it." said Sgt. Greg Sowell of the Nacogdoches Police Department.

CNN's Dave Alsup contributed to this report.

I say grab it a sell it on Ebay....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join