It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am very disturbed because of something I saw on a Movie....

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rboiATS

Thank you rboiATS! I've been saying all along.
The responsibility lies on the parent.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Charmed707

I'm sorry but your arguments are not even on topic anymore. You're telling her what she's implying, while she continues to add to the thread. I don't mean to take sides but I'm not even sure anymore why you have the opinion you have after 3 pages of your responses. You're arguing against a movie you've never even seen, and didn't even know we were discussing....

You also imply that she's "idiotic" - you should probably spend some time googling what it means when you lean towards insults.

Just sayin...

I'd tell you but you won't believe me anyway.

The point remains. It is not hollywoods job to babysit - its the parents job.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

" You don't debate - you use childish smear tactics."

pardon me, i have been bringing up valid arguments this entire thread regarding the scene in the movie in which the OP referenced in the initial post, and of which has been the topic of pretty much the whole thread. You, on the other hand, have argued for pages about a scene in a movie that you have never even seen. Why would I possibly need to "smear" you? You've done an excellent job of that yourself. Can you please get back to the topic? Nothing in your last post was even remotely directed towards the topic of this thread, but rather it was about what you think my debate style is.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

LOL GMTA!!!
its not on topic mods I'm sorry
but its definitely in context!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

I'm sorry but your arguments are not even on topic anymore. You're telling her what she's implying, while she continues to add to the thread. I don't mean to take sides but I'm not even sure anymore why you have the opinion you have after 3 pages of your responses. You're arguing against a movie you've never even seen, and didn't even know we were discussing....

First off, I couldn't care less about you "taking sides". Secondly, I was not the one who started spouting out baseless personal attacks which have nothing to do with the thread. Do you have some sort of mental disorder? I mean that in the most serious sense. Can you not read with your own freakin eyes and see her posts where she said I had some sort of sexual attraction to children? It's amazing how many mentally handicapped people are in this thread alone. I NEVER argued against the Butterfly Effect, but rape scenes involving children.

You also imply that she's "idiotic" - you should probably spend some time googling what it means when you lean towards insults.

...and you're defending someone who labeled someone a pedophile simply because they had no other defense but to resort to such a childish tactic. It wasn't I who resorted to insults.

edit on 3-8-2011 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by puzzlesphere

More likely it was a range of very carefully planned shots, where it is unlikely that their lips even touched. If you see lips touching out of context from the whole heads, than most likely it was adult actors kissing, edited in with a range of footage to give you the impression that they kissed heavily... and it seems they succeeded... from your reaction to it.

I am willing to bet lots and lots of money that is exactly how they did it.

I was supervisor on set for Traffic & Security for a show in Australia called Satisfaction (for Season 3) which is a show about prositutes & a brothel and would have never believed some of the ways they make things look like something else.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by highpriestess

pardon me, i have been bringing up valid arguments this entire thread regarding the scene in the movie in which the OP referenced in the initial post

You resorted to a smear tactic. Simple as that.

You, on the other hand, have argued for pages about a scene in a movie that you have never even seen.

I DID NOT ONCE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT. Good god....are you seriously THAT thick?

Saying someone is sexually attracted to children with NO evidence or base for the claim is a smear tactic, and a pathetic one at that. I honestly can't believe you're an adult. If I had to guess, I would say you couldn't be any older than about 13 or 14.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
ok. i can see the trend here. everyone who doesn't agree with you has a "mental disorder" - you dished out that same insult to me a little while ago.

i can see that we aren't going to get to pass over your bridge without paying your toll, so we'll just go ahead and let you climb back up on the cross and preach your rape-pedophile-devil-in-movies schpeel. there are better topics on this board and arguing with you (who has admittedly not even seen the movie in question) has become redundant. You're just here to pick posts apart and call people "idiotic" and say they have "mental disorders" - i take it your lack of valid argument on the subject means the subject is pretty much over at this point.

ETA: "I DID NOT ONCE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT." --- exactly. thank you for making my point for me. it is the scene in that movie that is the topic of this thread.
edit on 3-8-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I'm sorry, you lost me at mental disorder.

People who resort to insults (and I don't care if you try to justify it with a question mark, its an obvious insult), do so in an effort to "own" the argument. They realize they no longer have a valid point to make, and its often a sign of social weakness.

Feel free to google it.

I will not address personal attacks. If you choose to present your side of the argument again, I may present mine. But I've said my piece, over, and over, and over, and I should've left when I bid you goodbye on page 12

Originally posted by Charmed707
You know damn well that if your average Joe did some of the things actors and film-makers do, especially involving children, they would really be in for it.

If you think adults raping a child in a game of make-believe is subjective, then I fear for any children that may come into contact with you.

You genuinely believe kids are being abused in hollywood by the producers don't you.....

Well no one in this thread can fix that for you. I can only suggest you go out there and see for yourself, and/or contact some authoritative type person out there to confirm or deny these accusations.

Based solely on this comment, I'm convinced nothing we say will make you see otherwise, and I'm sorry I wasted half an hour trying to verify your previous claims.

oh look! you did say they were being raped!

no matter, I'm still done

Peace.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Y'all blow mad dudes.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

ok. i can see the trend here. everyone who doesn't agree with you has a "mental disorder"

...and everyone who doesn't agree with you is obviously a pedophile or some sort of sexual deviant.

there are better topics on this board and arguing with you (who has admittedly not even seen the movie in question) has become redundant.

It's completely irrelevant whether I have seen the movie or not. Did you not even read the original post? This thread is not simply about that movie. It's about movies with adult themes that involve child actors.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rboiATS

Thanks rboiATS! Charmed never responded to my reply to their post.

When I was in primary school, we had to do a pseudo work experience project, and I worked with a food photographer... I helped make an ice-cream sundae, made out of Styrofoam balls, tissue paper, cellophane spray-paint, spack-filla and glitter... lol... after it was photographed looked like the most delicious sundae EVER! Same applies to movie making.

Probably part of what got me into my current career area!

edit on 3-8-2011 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JeffMagnetic
Y'all blow mad dudes.

well, they're usually not mad afterwards

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JeffMagnetic
Y'all blow mad dudes.

well, they're usually not mad afterwards

ooh hey gurrlie

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
I watched the movie Butterfly Effect ages ago and just recently watched it again and I felt unsettled.

Well, I went to bed and wrote in my journal and I figured out what upset me and it is not the actual story.

What disturbed me was the fact that a movie was made and children were acting in that movie. They were acting in scenes that involved sexual abuse and adult themes, such as smoking and alcohol.

What is wrong with media? These movies might tell a fictional story but then they are getting children to act out the scenes!!!

Now if a person at home set up a camera and said, "right kids, we are making a movie so take off your clothes or play a game" THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW!!! and yet here we see MOVIE Producers do the same thing and we don't see a problem with it???

It is just a movie??? The child actors are too young to be introduced to adult themes.

They are using child actors in horror movies etc... society has ratings on movies and tv and children are not

allowed to watch them and yet, the movies and tv programs that kids are not allowed to watch HAVE

CHILDREN ACTING IN THEM!!!!

????????

This is the point.... it was not based on just one movie. I used that as an example. There are many more movies like this that use children who are minors in films that are R or M15 rated.

People have discussed another movie called Houndog...now that film has a rape scene in it....
I will go back and post it under here in a moment:

here:

Originally posted by dreamseeker
Like in the movie hound dog. The little girl got raped by a teenaged boy who was older than 18 I am pretty sure. There was a lot of voilence in that scene. I agree there are other ways to go about these scenes without all the voilence etc. If I was a child it would give me nightmares after acting out a scene like that.

and the discussion went from there and it was on topic. It related to the topic at hand.

Originally posted by Charmed707

ok. i can see the trend here. everyone who doesn't agree with you has a "mental disorder"

...and everyone who doesn't agree with you is obviously a pedophile or some sort of sexual deviant.

there are better topics on this board and arguing with you (who has admittedly not even seen the movie in question) has become redundant.

It's completely irrelevant whether I have seen the movie or not. Did you not even read the original post? This thread is not simply about that movie. It's about movies with adult themes that involve child actors.

Thank you Charmed707. I apologise that you have been personally attacked for contributing to the discussion.

edit on 3-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: to insert quote

edit on 3-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: to insert quote

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Hell no, that's hilarious.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

People who resort to insults (and I don't care if you try to justify it with a question mark, its an obvious insult), do so in an effort to "own" the argument. They realize they no longer have a valid point to make, and its often a sign of social weakness.

You're defending the very person who resorted to insults to begin with, smart one.

oh look! you did say they were being raped!

No I didn't. I said "adults raping children in a game of make-believe". Make-believe= not real, since that apparently goes beyond your logic ability.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Thank you Charmed707. I apologise that you have been personally attacked for contributing to the discussion.

Thanks. I really can't believe someone who is grown and has children of their own resorted to labeling someone a pedophile for being concerned about children's well-being.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
i was going to stop posting but i could not resist this one:

"Make-believe= not real, since that apparently goes beyond your logic ability." ---um... that's what we've been saying the whole thread. thank you for making my point for me YET AGAIN.

ok, ladies. have your little thread and your little crusade against hollywood make-believe land. i'm over it, you haven't even been on topic for i don;t know how many posts now. clearly the subject is dead now.

Later!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join