It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W.I.S.P.S (Woodwytch Investigations of Supernatural & Paranormal Source) - The Case Of The Haunted C

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Woody,

I must say I am impressed by this case. You definitely have put a lot of time and effort into it, and I am looking forward to the updates, especially Sadie's pictures (hopefully). I also need to check your other threads. Have you obtained any other interesting photographs in previous cases?

You mention you don't use a lot of equipment, choosing to do more of an "au naturale" style of investigation. Do you feel like the added electronics cause too much interference with the investigation?

Is it just me, or just Nurse Barnaby remind you of Nurse Ratchitt from "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Update #1

Having already discovered quite a lot about 'the soldier' (Corpral Jack Wright - 'Oakey'), who we were able to determine was linked to the chair ... and was a benevolent spirit who gives no cause for concern, we decided to focus our attentions on the nursemaid ... who's activity did offer some initial underlying worries that seemed to persevere. Because there is a young child (2yrs old) in the home we needed to be sure that all was well, for all concerned.

We also came to the conclusion that the nursemaid had in fact been around Liam since he was born ... with a high probability that they could have had a pastlife connection that she could not let go of (for reasons unknown) but had remained in a dormant capacity until now. It was only when the chair was brought into the home and the energy of Jack Wright was present that she seemed able to become active herself in a more physical way.

Here are a few things that we have picked up about the nusemaid ... as yet unconfirmed because we haven't had time to research the data yet;

The name 'Barnaby' (the name she was known by).

A spinster with no children of her own.

I feel she was fired from her post because a child died in her care (accidental or not - I don't know)

Obsessive link with Liam.

She doesn't approve of his name (maybe because it's a modern name?) she refers to him as 'Edward'.

She is very strict and disapproves of his parents more relaxed standards of discipline (more of this later).

'Barnaby' is tall and thin with sharp features and greying brown hair, scraped back in a top-knot.

I believe she is in her 40's but looks older.

Hopefully you will recall my telling you about a couple of things Liam had said about 'the lady when he was being put to bed by Richard (his father) with reference to 'shhh, I'm not supposed to tell'.

Now understandably a couple of you questioned this and even suggested it was either exaggerated or that Richard had blatantly lied and Liam had said nothing of the kind ... and I can understand why you might think that because whichever way you cut it ... it does sound like something straight from the script of a Hollywood Horror Film.

However, you might be interested to know that earlier that same day (in the afternoon) ... Sadie had a friend visiting who also had a two year old boy. The boys were playing in the siiting room and to quote Sadie, 'Liam was trashing the place with toys everywhere'. All of a sudden he stopped dead looking straight in front of him ... went physically pale ... and his bottom lip started to tremble. She asked him what was wrong and he wouldn't answer her but he looked terrified. After about 30 seconds he sat down and played very quietly and remained subdued for the next hour or so.

The next day Richard put the chair out in the garden ... when Liam came into the sitting room the first thing he asked was 'where the chair had gone' ? Sadie told him it had been put in the garden out of the way and he got really upset and demanded it be brought back into the house. Once she had brought it back inside and back into the sitting room he was calm again saying 'that's better' !

When we were there for the second visit yesterday and Sadie was bringing us up to speed with these events she also said that Liam had started to say two things that he never had before and they were not the type of thing he would normally say in his grasp of vocabulary.

The first thing she told us was that he will be doing something naughty and before Sadie can tell him off or correct him he stops ... puts his forefinger on his chin and says 'Let's think about this for a moment'. And the second thing he has started saying with finger in the air is 'I've got an idea'.

After hearing all the latest we decided it would be a good idea to send the nursemaid on her way and cleanse the house as soon as possible ... and we planned to do that on Thursday.

Before the planned cleansing I asked Sadie to get Liam to draw a picture of all the people in the house ... including 'the lady' ... even though his artistic skills may not be up to much at 2yrs old I thought colour and style might give some indicators (psychologically). I also asked her to very casually introduce some minor discussion about the lady into their conversation ... in an effort to see if we could determine why he needed to be secretive about her presence.

When she did this after our visit yesterday whilst they were playing in the kitchen ... he explained quite coherently that he couldn't say anything because she (his mother) was talking to the ladies (us) !!!

I asked Sadie if she could take some photographs in the dark and without using the camera flash (we've had some of our best photographic results using this method) of Liam's bedroom ... their bedroom ... the landing ... the stairs ... the sitting room. That way we wouldn't have to go back at night and disrupt Liam's bedtime routine.

I asked her not to look at the photographs ... just in case she captured anything in any of the pictures ... but just to send them to me via email attachment. Well, she took the pictures and curiosity got the better of her as a result I got a panicked phonecall from her about 9:45pm last night saying that she knew she'd done wrong but she uploaded the pictures to her computer and instead of sending them straight to me ... she looked at them.

Apparently, one of the pictures she took from the upstairs landing ... looking into her bedroom ... shows someone in the room looking around the door (remember this is the same door that has opened a dozen or so times of it's own accord).

Naturally she was in a flat panic and because Richard was out and I couldn't get down to her house myself I asked her if she wanted me to send my grown-up son down to sit with her until Richard got home and we'd be round in this morning to do the cleansing. She accepted the loan of my son and I spoke to her on the phone until he arrived at her house.

She said she would ring me this morning to confirm the time we would go around and that was it.

My son returned just before midnight after Richard had returned and he said Richard was quite distressed and told Sadie she 'should never have started messing with this stuff'. Obviously he was scared ... but I have not heard from Sadie today ... I have not been able to contact her (I know she was going out this morning) ... she has not forwarded the photographs to me.

My gut instinct is telling me that Richard has freaked out and told her she has to leave it all alone ... which is understandable but it won't solve the problem ... in fact it risks making it worse.

So that just about brings us up to date for the now. If I don't hear from Sadie today I will ring her again tomorrow ... but obviously I can't force them to let us cleanse the property and send the nursemaid on her way if they decide they want no action taken.

For now it's a case of watch this space and I will continue to update you if/when anything new happens.

edit on 26-7-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

Oh dear.

And it seems that all of a sudden you have a much larger problem: the entity does NOT want to go, and the words you're using: "fear, panic, scared" ... all are going to work against you in this.

They'll phone you ... eventually. I'm just hoping sooner, if they leave it, they're gonna get hurt
but no, you can't force anything. Next step is nanny will attack Richard, you really should warn them it will increase now, regardless.

I'd love to see those pics, of course, but if you get a half a chance, seal the kid ok?

In my thoughts, peace and love

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This is really incredible to hear this investigation as it happens, and the part about this child Liam is very disturbing... It appears he is taking on characteristics and mannerisms of this nanny spirit,or mimicking and is even acting out what he is learning by observing and experiencing the way she is communicating herself to him. I have a young daughter of 3 and so it is quite easy for me to see that something truly is going on in this home of theirs with their son...

..I have a neice that lives a mile away that has a similar situation in their home right now, but it is much much less than what is happening with your investigation woody..

she took this picture a few months ago and didn't show anyone except her husband, then she just emailed it to me..
My neice's daughter was 3 when it started, she came out of a spare bedroom/playroom and said "I'm not going back in there mommy, because there's people back there" man that so freaked me out hearing that...

She was sitting in master bedroom and aimed droid phone camera at the hallway and took a shot, seeing nothing but a clear hallway at the time...

picture is grainy and fairly low res, but on the right side you can see the figure..
hope no one minds me posting it here, as I wasn't sure I wanted to make thread for it..

Good thing is, they don't feel threatened by it, and not too much happens, and not often affect anyone..

edit on 27-7-2011 by alienreality because: edit

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnnieMaine
reply to post by woodwytch

I just started reading this thread and look forward to what you have to say about the chair, but if the chair seems to be involved, what about just borrowing the chair and bringing it to your house (maybe you answer this later on - will keep reading) and see if the things that have been happening follow the chair?

I really look forward to your posts. You are so good about sharing your knowledge! Wished I lived next door to ou so i could perhaps tag along and learn from you.

Hey there Annie Maine,

If you lived next door to me you would be welcome to tag along and learn ... that is exactly how the W.I.S.P.S team came together ... the girls all began as clients and ended up asking me to mentor them. As for sharing my knowledge ... I get a real buzz out of helping people to develop and I usually end up learning something new from them in the process.

As you may have read (if you've got that far in the thread yet) ... Sadie had not contacted me yesterday as had said she would ... and I sent her an email today suggesting the importance of completing the investigation and tying up the loose ends rather than leaving things unfinished (never a good thing) ... but I have still not had a reply either by phone or email ... and as frustrating as it is (and trust me it is very frustrating) I can not force them to let us go back into the house and send the nursemaid on her way ... their fear is overriding their commonsense at the moment (hopefully they will change their minds sooner rather than later).

So you can see that at this point in time having the chair at my house is not possible ... although I do like your way of thinking and it would have been a great experiment to see if Jack followed the chair ... but as previously mentioned the nursemaid is not specifically linked to the chair per se

Woody

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunsetatdawn

Hi there woodwytch. I am so glad I found this thread, even though it's a couple of days after initially posted. As with your previous threads this one is going to draw me into a part of your world for a while.

It's weird to read something like this because I always think of my life as being just like everyone elses ... but it's only when I think about it after reading such things that I realize it's actually not ... and then I realize just how lucky I am to be able to do the things I do ... meet so many interesting people ... see some intriguing places ... and have some of the amazing experiences that I do

For some reason this case has had a peculiar effect on me. Maybe as it involves a young child ( I am a mother of four ) so perhaps it's that protective streak rearing it's head, but I do feel so bad for the young boy as he is clearly frightened.

I hope for the sake of the whole family you will be allowed to 'do your thing' and send the malevolent spirit on it's way, and allow Liam to enjoy his childhood free of fear, as all children are entitled to happiness and laughter in their young lives.

I couldn't agree more.

Woody

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMur

Hey Woody, so would it be safe to say that maybe the old women may be angry at the child becuase the childs soul decided to reincarnate and left the others in the soul group still in "limbo" so to say??

No I don't think so because it seems that for whatever reason she has got stuck and her spirit is still earthbound in the form of her previous incarnation.

I think she still has issues from that previous incarnation ... could be something as simple as her just being a nasty / obsessive person in that life and she continues to act out the same way in spirit because she is stuck.

Woody

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBigDog1974
Woody,

I must say I am impressed by this case. You definitely have put a lot of time and effort into it, and I am looking forward to the updates, especially Sadie's pictures (hopefully). I also need to check your other threads. Have you obtained any other interesting photographs in previous cases?

During previous investigations as you might imagine we have taken hundreds of pictures ... and whilst we have had many that had nothing exciting to reveal ... I think we have been very lucky because we have indeed got some very interesting pictures ... it's certainly a case of quality rather than quantity ... and whilst I always hope we will capture something of paranormal interest during any investigation ... I am always genuinely surprised when we do.

And maybe I'm biased but I think there are several in our collection that any paranormal investigator would be proud to have captured ... and best of all it is with the most basic of equipment.

You mention you don't use a lot of equipment, choosing to do more of an "au naturale" style of investigation. Do you feel like the added electronics cause too much interference with the investigation?

I think that's a good point that you raise and I think it could be possible. Also more expensive equipment may be more sensitive and that may not always be good. I guess it's each to there own and we just choose to keep it basic and down to earth ... but that is the way of the Pagan

Is it just me, or just Nurse Barnaby remind you of Nurse Ratchitt from "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"?

I get the feeling I'm going to come across as a complete ingnoramous now because I know this is a classic film ... but I don't think I've ever seen it so I'm sorry but I don't know who Nurse Ratchitt is

Woody

edit on 27-7-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Oh dear.

And it seems that all of a sudden you have a much larger problem: the entity does NOT want to go, and the words you're using: "fear, panic, scared" ... all are going to work against you in this.

They'll phone you ... eventually. I'm just hoping sooner, if they leave it, they're gonna get hurt
but no, you can't force anything. Next step is nanny will attack Richard, you really should warn them it will increase now, regardless.

I'd love to see those pics, of course, but if you get a half a chance, seal the kid ok?

In my thoughts, peace and love

I hope they do ring and I also hope sooner rather than later ... and the first thing I plan on doing if we get the opportunity is smudging and sealing Liam.

Woody

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
This is really incredible to hear this investigation as it happens, and the part about this child Liam is very disturbing... It appears he is taking on characteristics and mannerisms of this nanny spirit,or mimicking and is even acting out what he is learning by observing and experiencing the way she is communicating herself to him. I have a young daughter of 3 and so it is quite easy for me to see that something truly is going on in this home of theirs with their son...

She certainly seems to have a degree of manipulation over him which is a worry.

..I have a neice that lives a mile away that has a similar situation in their home right now, but it is much much less than what is happening with your investigation woody..

she took this picture a few months ago and didn't show anyone except her husband, then she just emailed it to me..
My neice's daughter was 3 when it started, she came out of a spare bedroom/playroom and said "I'm not going back in there mommy, because there's people back there" man that so freaked me out hearing that...

She was sitting in master bedroom and aimed droid phone camera at the hallway and took a shot, seeing nothing but a clear hallway at the time...

picture is grainy and fairly low res, but on the right side you can see the figure..
hope no one minds me posting it here, as I wasn't sure I wanted to make thread for it..

Good thing is, they don't feel threatened by it, and not too much happens, and not often affect anyone..

edit on 27-7-2011 by alienreality because: edit

Interesting ... you can definately see something in the right of the picture. I'm assuming (without seeing the picture it's all I can do) that this is something similar to what Sadie caught in the picture that freaked her out.

Woody

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Another amazing thread Woody! Your knowledge and natural instinct is always impressive to me. That kind of combination is something I strive for & still have much work to do.

It's troubling they have not been back in contact, but like you have stated, they can't be forced into receiving help. In reading through your update I found the following very "off".

The next day Richard put the chair out in the garden ... when Liam came into the sitting room the first thing he asked was 'where the chair had gone' ? Sadie told him it had been put in the garden out of the way and he got really upset and demanded it be brought back into the house. Once she had brought it back inside and back into the sitting room he was calm again saying 'that's better' !

It makes me wonder if the nurse is gaining some sort of control of the child. Which is a very disturbing thought. I know that entities can influence people's behavior, but they need some strength to do that. As you mentioned before, she was sort of brought out by the presence of the chair. Do you think that now she is being acknowledged, it could "feed" her energy? Kind of like an ego trip for us living folk.

I hope they contact you soon.

Blessings to you!
OiO

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Another amazing thread Woody! Your knowledge and natural instinct is always impressive to me. That kind of combination is something I strive for & still have much work to do.

It's troubling they have not been back in contact, but like you have stated, they can't be forced into receiving help. In reading through your update I found the following very "off".

It makes me wonder if the nurse is gaining some sort of control of the child. Which is a very disturbing thought. I know that entities can influence people's behavior, but they need some strength to do that. As you mentioned before, she was sort of brought out by the presence of the chair. Do you think that now she is being acknowledged, it could "feed" her energy? Kind of like an ego trip for us living folk.

I hope they contact you soon.

Blessings to you!
OiO

Hey there OiO long time no type great to see you ... I agree it's very disturbing and very frustrating to have your hands tied when you know they seem to think it will all go away if it's ignored.

They seem to have forgotten that they sought us out 'because' of the activity ... it feels almost like they think they need to keep us out for fear of making it worse ... people never cease to amaze
I just hope Sadie doesn't feel too embarrassed to get back in touch because they've let it slide a couple of days.

In a way I hope you're correct about her feeding from the energy of being acknowledged ... because that would mean that our absence should allow things to calm down again. However the fact remains that she will continue to manipulate Liam (in a more subtle way) ... and again we come back to the fact that the activity had escalated prior to our first visit and that is why we were asked to help.

Catch22 ... I just don't feel good about not being able to conclude a case like this ... it's never happened before.

Woody

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You are right, the activity could die down but that would just leave them in the same spot. And I didn't mean to imply it was your team that bumped the activity. Just the general acknowledgment that something was there. That alone can create fear and I believe that fear can be sensed and used.

I really feel for the child. I have had to deal with an entities influence and know how confusing and hard it is. I can't imagine as a child having that kind of presence around.

I hope it's ok if I light a candle and send some encouraging energy that way. I just feel the need to so something to help out.

Hope they contact you soon!

OiO

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Really interesting thread I would love to see the photo Sadie saw that made her scared hopefully she will eventually upload you the photo

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Woody, I am worried for that child.

Could you maybe call on the spirit world for help - like maybe ask the child's spirit guides or the family's ancestor spirits to give them whatever protection and help they may need. I don't know, it just seems an awful situation.

peace
J

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Woody thank you for posting your investigations as they occur, i find all of your posts interesting thank you for taking time to share these things with us. I look forward to seeing how all of these things develop keep up the good work

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Like so many other people I am finding this thread so interesting. It is great that people are being positive and trying to give suggestions rather than criticise and try to de-bunk you.
Unfortunatly I have zero experience in this field and most of my ideas have already been given so I cant really add antyhing. I am learning and getting more understanding about the whole spirit world, so thank you for the education.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Update #2

Hey there everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know what is ... or rather isn't happening with this case as of the now.

Sadly, I had still been hoping to hear from Sadie even if it was only a brief reply to the email I sent her yesterday saying they didn't want us to take any further action ... but I have not heard a word from her.

I am concerned about this because of the way events had started to unfold ... especially with the influence the nursemaid seemed to wield over Liam. But as I have previously stated I cannot force them to accept our help (particularly as they won't even respond to my efforts to contact them) ... which is really frustrating because by now it could have all been dealt with and they could have returned to their normal life without further manipulation.

I know several of you have expressed concern for Liam and because our hands are metaphorically tied I would like to suggest that anyone who would like to help ... focuses their attention of the photograph of Liam in the OP and sends all the positive and protective energy towards him that they can muster. See this energy surounding him and forming an impenetrable shield / cloak / cocoon around him. Then visualize him healthy and happy and free from manipulation.

Some of you might like to light a candle and call on his spirit guides / guardian angels to be extra vigilant of his wellbeing.

Even if you are not into this kind of thing ... you can simply send a protective thought to him ... it all helps.

Obviously if I do hear anything or anything connected to the case crops up I will let you know ... I know a lot of you seem pretty confident that Sadie will contact me ... I just hope she doesn't feel too embarassed to contact me because she's ignored my attempts to get in touch with her.

On A Separate Note

Because so many of you have shown an interest in the subjects covered in this thread I thought it might be an idea (instead of letting it go to waste and fizzle out) to open it up for questions from you.

So if you like that idea and you have questions that you've always wanted to ask about the paranormal now is your chance.

And as I am certainly not the only person on ATS with knowledge about such things I would also like to welcome other genuine investigators to stop by and offer their answers to some of the questions ... that way people will be able to see how different approaches to the subject can produce results and provide different perspectives ... because this is such a broad subject and there are no clean cut and dried ways of dealing with it or explaining it ... and styles vary enormously ... it's all about what works for you.

Woody

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
great idea woody!

i do have a question...would it irresponsible for a person to get a sage stick and walk thru their house (for protective measures) without having any knowledge of things like that? could it open them up for things from the other side to be able to come in and start messing around?

i hope this question makes sense.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Im a walk in thats been through angelic possession an experience which left me a wreck for nearly a decade I wont say much because your thread will become polluted by trolls and shills that will classify me as either schizophrenic or delusional,but I understand just like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz all is not as it seems,I hope you have some major protection in your corner there is some very very nasty stuff out there.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
great idea woody!

i do have a question...would it irresponsible for a person to get a sage stick and walk thru their house (for protective measures) without having any knowledge of things like that? could it open them up for things from the other side to be able to come in and start messing around?

i hope this question makes sense.

It makes perfect sense ... and no it would not be harmful in the slightest ... sage sticks are used for smudging and the purpose of smudging (walking around with a smouldering sage stick ... wafting the smoke into all the corners / nooks / crannies) it to cleanse and purify the energy in the place being smudged. You can even smudge people for the purpose of protection and spirit cleansing.

It certainly won't open you up to any nasty entities.

Woody

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join