It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Police Shoot and Kill Teenager over $2 bus fare GRAPHIC VIDEO

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
there is no way of telling what happened from the video so we can discount them, they only prove something happened not what happened.

then there are two versions of events, the reported story/what the police say, and then what the crowd say, untill someting becomes available to prove who is telling the truth again there is no way of knowing.

but i agree with others, why leave him there to die? why no help to stop the bleeding or slow the bleeding untill medics arrive? why leave him on his own to die with no attempt to save him?

he might of done something wrong but he is still a human being with a family.

I understand what your saying. But there were only like 5 or 6 cops there3, and a 100 strong angry mob. So turning you back on thm to give aid to a guy that was shooting at you could be poor judgement.

Anyway alot of the cops didnt want to approach him, as he seemed to be flailing and fishing around for something, for all they know he still had the weapon in his wasteband.

This isn't simple CPR, the man was mortaly wounded, even an best end average response from an ambulance of like 4 min, most likely wouldn't have saved him. The man was dead from the moment he was shot imo.

Again I don't have all the facts I don't know if this shooting was justified or not, 'm just going by what I saw on the 2nd posters video. Not all cops are trained paramedics. That's why they have paramedics, and yea 5 minutes is a good response time. The video isn't even 3 minutes long. Also an officer DOES approach him after 2 and ah lf min to see what he can do but, obviously there's not much you can do for a bullet through the vitals. Unless you have a portable ER in your pocket.

Also info coming in that the shooting victim is a wanted parole violator (means he was convicted of a felony) from another state? Can anyone clarify this?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DJLateralus

Not like police have lied before, but we know how the system works, unless indisputable evidence come forward showing that cops were on the wrong, the system will protect them from prosecution. Last I checked a girl was smashed in to the ground face first, then the police officer claimed she assaulted him. That case proved a point, even though there were numerous number of witnesses right there in the crime scene, the cop was confident that he would get aware, and he did until a video shot of the incident came forward.

This is the reality, people need to arm themselves with their cameras, rather than guns.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This isn't the first time officers out there in the bay area have shot and killed unarmed young black men and it won't be the last. These cops know that a BART train officer served less than a year in jail for shooting a young black man in a train station not long ago. They will continue to perpetrate these crimes knowing they can get away with it.

What was absolutely horrific in that video to me was the little girl in pink, watching the entire thing and how such violence will affect her life.

I'm sorry but these cops are monsters. And no one went to that guy until he was dead. Imagine the last moments of your life laying on a sidewalk alone, bleeding to death.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
First of all, being a middle class, conservative (support Ron Paul), White American, you'd automatically think I'd say, "Oh well, black guy, so what?"

No! This is a travestie! He was murdered. The officers involved need to be brought to justice. They failed render aid and failed to secure the suspect. Had he had a gun he was moving, still alive, and could have shot someone---had he been an ACTUAL threat.

Once shot, and incapacitated the officers had a duty to render aid! I was a paramedic for 10 years. I can assure you, I've worked several officer involved shootings. The officers always rendered aid.

The dark days of the Republic are upon us.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Some of you people are just dumb, this guy was released from prison for a sex offense and was wanted for involvement in killing a pregnant woman. He's just a piece of garbage who was finally thrown out.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Love how people who werent there say this doesnt add up, all we got is a video of a man dying on a sidewalk shot by cops the rest is not proven yet, or disproven. What if he is a drug dealer with charges already and fled for that reason? Does anyone know? Everyone is quick to jump against the cops on this one...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
Love how people who werent there say this doesnt add up, all we got is a video of a man dying on a sidewalk shot by cops the rest is not proven yet, or disproven. What if he is a drug dealer with charges already and fled for that reason? Does anyone know? Everyone is quick to jump against the cops on this one...

Because cops are always in the wrong. They serve no purpose other than to oppress the people and impose illegal, immoral "laws". Never trust a policeman, they'll just sell your information to newspapers like Millie Dowler's family.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Timetoriot

There is so much wrong with your statement that I don't even know where to begin. Serve no purpose other than oppress? So if someone steals your car what do you do?
edit on 18-7-2011 by Jo Jo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by vlady95

Really? if you have a concealed carry permit or are just a thug why cant you have a gun on a bus? The gun would be on you and your on the bus. Not a hard concept.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

So a guy firing at cops who was in jail for sex offenses and involvement in killing a pregnant woman make the cops wrong? I swear some of you people have your head so far in the sand its amazing you can breath. I have never had a problem with cops as im sure most of you have not either. Nothing wrong with cops if you have nothing to hide. So figure out a real way to argue this, all I know is that a sexual predator and murdered got what was coming. "Every dog has there day!"

Maybe if more people just got taken out people would stop acting like barbarians, hell theres to many people on this planet anyway!
edit on 18-7-2011 by nyk537 because: Edit for manners - Refrain from personal attackes please!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
SFGATE

The man who police officers shot and killed after he fired at them during a foot chase in Bayview-Hunters Point was a 19-year-old Washington state parolee sought for questioning in the slaying last week of a pregnant woman in Seattle, the San Francisco police chief said Sunday.

Hold the phone! According to eyewitnesses he fired at police during a foot pursuit and he was wanted for questioning in a murder. Lets get all the facts first. If he was shooting at the police, even if he ditched the gun, he was a danger to the public.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

Thank you traderjack!!!! Someone actually shows the guy deserved what he got!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jo Jo

There is so much wrong with your statement that I don't even know where to begin. Serve no purpose other than oppress? So if someone steals your car what do you do?
edit on 18-7-2011 by Jo Jo because: (no reason given)

I have enough security to make stealing my car impossible.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by raceway40

Really you moron? So a guy firing at cops who was in jail for sex offenses and involvement in killing a pregnant woman make the cops wrong? I swear some of you people have your head so far in the sand its amazing you can breath. I have never had a problem with cops as im sure most of you have not either. Nothing wrong with cops if you have nothing to hide. So figure out a real way to argue this, all I know is that a sexual predator and murdered got what was coming. "Every dog has there day!"

Maybe if more people just got taken out people would stop acting like barbarians, hell theres to many people on this planet anyway!

Your post has been reported. It's such a shame you feel the need to resort to personal attacks.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The man bein shot in the back isn't what surprises me (which I won't go into), it's the conduct of the officers afterwards. It's reprehensible that they stood by for minutes and didn't administer even basic first aid. Had they done so, the suspect might have survived. Even as a suspect, he is owed a duty of care by the police. One explanation I've thought of is that the area was not "secure" enough for them to do so, due to the angry crowd massing around them. (Rightfully angry, it would seem.) However, half a dozen armed officers is surely enough to cover a suspect who might be armed, disarm him if necessary, and administer first aid. There has to be some kind of legal blowback for this incident.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DJLateralus

if everyone were armed, no need for police...look at the town that adopted a city ordinance requiring each household to have at least one registered firearm-crime dropped 90% in a year. The cops don't do anything
for society, they're always a dollar short, and a day late when it comes to crime, they don't "prevent" crime,
and for what they're paid, they don't do a very good job investigating crimes already committed. Private investigators do more than state paid detectives do. The field attracts the worse personality types for the job, adrenaline junkies, psychologically bullied as a child types, sociopaths, and control freaks with power issues, along with adrenaline-blood thirsty shell shocked vets looking for a little more trigger time, a little more combat action. How is it England is able to manage their crowded cities with crime, and murderers without carrying guns?

It will be interesting to see "why" the suspect was running, and his criminal history. If it was indeed just a $2 fare, then there's no credence to the story "the suspect fired on police."

Now, if they kid was wanted and had a warrant for something that might land him a long stretch in a penitentiary, then perhaps there could be credence (which I doubt, I know how dirty cops are, I used to work for a p.d. as a dispatcher) to the "suspect turned and fired" story.

It will depend on how much pull the cop had, who his friends are, and what kind of politics will occur, as to what will happen to the cop. He will either be covered up by his brothers and sisters in blue, along with the d.a. and other political heads, or he will be made an example of; either way, no one deserves to die like a dog, bleeding out on the streets, pleading with arms and legs as no one comforts this young man.

If he did indeed fire upon the cop, I would have done the same thing unfortunately, which is the right thing to do, procedurally, and instinctively, but San Diego, and San Francisco cops have a known reputation for overkill, living in the shadows of the "supercool-gung-ho L.A.P.D."

Hope someone makes a new thread when they get the rest of the "official story" (background on the young man, eye witness reports, press release, forensics on gun, autopsy to determine where the bullet entered, exited, etc.)

I have just seen, thanks to the internet, too many injustices on behalf of the state police forces, reminds me of one of the most disturbing I saw a few years ago when a Texas redneck cop pulled over an old lady, feisty as she was; she didn't deserve the man handling, and eventual tazing which collapse her to the ground shaking.

Ask me if you want to know how to save the lives of over 33trillion donuts a year!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by raceway40

Well, at first I read, "unarmed and running away" and I read, "fleeing because he didn't have a bus pass," (faux reporting from a hip-hop site) and I said, "OH HELL NO! The police were wrong!'

However, as I always do, I dug deeper and discovered, "Ooops. In the moments leading up to his being shot, he was armed and had fired at officers." So, yeah, he was a fleeing thug. Sorry, the police make lots of mistakes, but this was justified.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Maskirovka

I ABSOLUTELY agree with this statement. It's dead on and correct. I was a paramedic. Most officers are at least first responder certified and many are basic EMTs. Furthermore, since this guy had shot at them they endangered themselves and the public by not securing this suspect.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Im so sorry your so bias that every cop is bad. Maybe you shouldnt personally attack police officers with your jaded and very misinformed ideas.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by raceway40

Im so sorry your so bias that every cop is bad. Maybe you shouldnt personally attack police officers with your jaded and very misinformed ideas.

I'm so sorry you don't possess the intellectual capacity to accept other peoples' opinions. Maybe you should try to be more accepting, and maybe read a dictionary too, since your grammar is extremely poor.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join