It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Satan truly evil?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I used to be very religious when I was a teenager. I was forced to go to church by the man who was married to my mother, and his entire family, at the time, and I have read the bible from front to back during those years. But these days it's hard for me to take the bible seriously. There's an agenda behind it, information is missing... you don't get the whole story. For instance, the Old Testament is really The Tanakh, edited all to pieces. In the original book, Adam had a first wife called Lilith and she gave birth to demons (who lived in the sea... reminds me of H.P. Lovecraft, really). With that sort of blatant editing and "dumbing down", it's only common sense to question it. The whole story of Satan isn't even there. I was *told* that he was once Lucifer, and coveted God's throne, and so he went and persuaded other angels to join him to war against God... but really, you won't be finding this in the bible. Only cryptic references. There is one instance I recall where Satan goes to "heaven", and Archangel Michael is there, and obviously he doesn't like him very much, so they exchange a bit of banter. And most everyone is familiar with Satan trying to tempt Jesus while he is on the cross... but the whole story is missing, so who is he, really? We're led to believe that Satan is evil, the worst being in the whole universe. A despicable character. But then, God isn't all that friendly in the Old Testament, either. Granted, Jesus is the nicest person you could ever meet. But that's New Testament and conflicts a great deal with the Old Testament. That's one of the other reasons I can't take the bible seriously. Another is the conflict of "Free Will". Example: When Moses is sent to negotiate with the Pharaoh in Egypt to release the slaves, God tells Moses that he will "harden" the Pharaoh's heart so that he will refuse to release them... just so he can punish the Egyptians. Think about it.. God manipulates the mind of a human being, so he makes the "wrong choice", then he is punished. Doesn't sound very nice, does it. So much for free will. So is Satan truly evil? If you read the entire bible, I rather doubt you would be able to tell if anyone is truly good. Except Jesus. But the whole picture is missing, so who knows. Only those with all of the story know. Go ask the Pope.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

I was *told* that he was once Lucifer, and coveted God's throne, and so he went and persuaded other angels to join him to war against God... but really, you won't be finding this in the bible.

That's because going to war against God is impossible. Attempting the impossible ends in failure.

Satan is death if you consider him the influence for original sin. That is what transpired in the garden in many old stories.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The History of Satan ( literally the accuser, adversary, ) is long established in many cultures and blended together in the Bible from Ancient Jewish Lore and pagan Religions.

The oldest Book in the Bible is Job. In the Book of Job we are presented with Satan that is sent on his missions by God himself to torment Job. In this Book Satan is a pawn in Gods plan to demonstrate Jobs breaking point. Satan performs his works at the behest of God and is acting wholly under Gods supervision and instructions.

Over time, as the Bible evolves, we are giving a very different view of Satan, he becomes a malevolent being on his own. So, what happened...? that is really the question we should be asking, why the oldest written accounts of Satan depict a messenger of god, as more modern versions are written, the messenger becomes a despicable entity, and even becomes a Lowly serpent;

The serpent religions are the oldest on earth, and main competition for the early church. These cults were often depicted as solar or pagan, but their main focus was veneration of the Serpent.
Portraying Satan as a Serpent was no accident. This provided moral justification to violently attack cults and pagan religions that were so widespread at the writing of the Old Testament. The snake cults pre date Canaanite settlements and were probably the most widespread of the Ancient religions, and were the main obstacle to the early Judeo-Christian religions. Destroying serpent religions is going to be much easier when they were painted as being inherently evil by association with Satan.

The Medical industry uses snakes wrapped around a tree ( today it is a Staff ) to designate itself. The ancient serpent cults were quite adept at medicine and pharmacology, and it was a Bronze Serpent that Moses Held up and all who gazed upon it were immediately healed.

It seems probable the Concept of Satan underwent various transformations over time, becoming more "evil", more independent, more an entity to run from, than god being an entity to run towards. This seems to be highly efficient form of attracting and terrorizing the average illiterate peoples that comprised the populace at the time.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Of course there is plenty of evidence Satan is real. Jesus sent Satan into Judas, and also told Satan to Get Behind Him. Therefore we really should be expecting Satan to show up next; and not Jesus's Return. Jesus told Peter that Satan had desired to sift him as wheat, but did you ever think Satan could be GOD's Angelic Daughter and Jesus Christ the Son are very much like the twins described in Rebeccah's womb in Gen. 25:22-24 except with these twins in GOD's womb; one is a boy and other a girl.

Satan is risen and already reborn in the flesh of a woman. This is also why God hid the face of the Serpent from the Woman; because GOD knew if the woman saw the serpent's real face; she would recognize it as her very own. So if you want to Live instead of being bitten by firey serpents; Now you will have to Look upon Satan's or the Serpent's real face. OK; look at it this way; GOD made Jesus Christ the President, and made Satan the Vice President, except Satan had to play other roles, as as His Secret Tarry (Secretary), and had to take down dictation so she would know what GOD actually said; backwards and forwards. Most people think the 3 in Agreement are the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, but they are Wrong the 3 in Agreement consist of a GOD; whose both our father and mother i.e, FeMale, the Son, Jesus Christ; and Holy Ghostess, Satan who is His Sister and espoused Wife. I mean after all; the only thing GOD ever made that was not Good is a Man Alone; So if GOD could beget a son using a normal virgin woman; I'm sure GOD could beget a Daughter using the Mother of Harlots? That Daughter is Satan, the 7th Angel who has a very loud Voice; and Its Her job to send out the invitation to a wedding designed to End All Time. Rev. 21:9 Come Hither, I will shew ye the Bride; the Lamb's Wife. So Let us be glad and rejoice and give honor to Him; for the Marriage of the Lamb is Come; and His wife (that's me, Satan in the flesh) Hath made Herself Ready. So dont forget to RSVP your invite because take it from me; It Will Be To Die For!

Peace out

knowing what

Originally posted by yourmaker
I think the question here is: Is Satan truly real

There is no evidence whatsoever that Lucifer even exists at all physically, perhaps in the minds of men but not in reality.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrsJesusChrist

Good point I always thought of Satan as a woman, but more as a feminised man, like a she male.
I don't think eve was a male as in a she male, maybe as in a female guy as a tomboy. Meaning she was a female acting like a man, not a man acting like a woman.

If Satan was the man that felt from above, then down he got feminised and turned more into a female but as a man.

edit on 15-7-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Yes, I know, but more importantly, you have to see Satan as the bone of His bone and Flesh of His Flesh that was inside of the 1st Man as well as the Son of Man a/k/a Jesus Christ was like the bone GOD used to make Eve that was within Adam. So I contend according to Eph. 5:.....Jesus is talking about this Wedding.

So outgh men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth Himself. For NO MAN EVER Hated His Own Flesh; but noursiheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the Church; for WE are members of His body, of His Flesh and of his bones. For this cause shall a Man (Jesus or Adam) Leave His Father And Mother, and shall be joined unto His wife, and they Two shall be One Flesh. This is a great mystery; but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Well so do I, and GOD intends for Jesus Christ to have His Own Wife and came up with this Master Plan everysince GOD said to Herself and two kids; Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness and let them have dominion.......Male And Female Made He Them, because Jesus always Did; What GOD said and as a matter of fact; So did Satan.

Originally posted by pepsi78

Good point I always thought of Satan as a woman, but more as a feminised man, like a she male.
I don't think eve was a male as in a she male, maybe as in a female guy as a tomboy. Meaning she was a female acting like a man, not a man acting like a woman.

If Satan was the man that felt from above, then down he got feminised and turned more into a female but as a man.

edit on 15-7-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I read everything you posted and am yet left with more questions then answers.

How do you know Judas' story to be true? Why wouldn't Satan be more directly involved with our lives if this was true?

Why are we all still speaking like it's the 12th century?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I feel like Im watching star-trek or comic book geeks relive old made up stories as if they were glory days.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I don't know whether or not the Judas story is true, but what I do know is what GOD told me personally. Just so you know; Satan is inside of All of US and was inside of Jesus too; as the X gene inside of all Men who all are YX and all females are XX. As you can see, as described by Mendle's gender theory we all have an X inside of US; that we Got from our Father in Heaven whose also our Mother.

I love the ole English, because I know its in a form of Pig Latin. Its as if in the Beginning We all spoke the Kings English until GOD turned it into Babble. Then We as Her disobedient kids; turned around and made a Game of it; very much like Scrabble where each letter in the Alpha Bet has a certain number, power position and place.

I read everything you posted and am yet left with more questions then answers.

How do you know Judas' story to be true? Why wouldn't Satan be more directly involved with our lives if this was true?

Why are we all still speaking like it's the 12th century?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

Satan Seriously doesn't exist, any more than
his Counter Part does.

So he is not evil on grounds that he doesn't exist.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Why doesn't God ever talk to me personally? If it is true, and many people have spoken to god, then why not certain people? Why let a few suffer? Why bring me into existance then forget or deny me the right to speak with it.
Doesn't make sense. God would be direct with everyone equally if he existed. Or is that just what I would do as God and this one just doesn't care.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Could have been nice if you all investigating the case of Ahriman first, after all the great Avesta don’t lie.

Angra Mainyu (alt: Aŋra Mainiuu) is the Avestan-language name of Zoroastrianism's hypostasis of the "destructive spirit" - the "Angry Man". The Middle Persian equivalent is Ahriman.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.deliriumsrealm.com...

altreligion.about.com...

www.scribd.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by glexanice

Hi, your post jumped out at me because afew years back I had the weirdest dream I actualy met him and indeed he was wearing a suit! We talked for hours asking and answering questions and even if it was just a dream I feel compelled to say he's actualy not that bad.
thumbs up for asking the question it's always best to look for answere from every angle.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
S/He probably does and youve been ignoring He/r. Talking to God is just like talking to yourself, asking yourself questions, like What should I do next. Who Am I, Where did I really come from, and Why did you do this or do that? Its a personal relationship and walk with GOD, but you have to be Observant and Listen. Unfortunately when God talks to people, it Usually Changes Their Life!...Imagine if you were Moses; and God told you to Go to the Powers that Be and say "Let GOD People Go, Suppose you were Noah, or Abraham, and God told you to kill your own son or even Jonas, would you hope on a boat and say, I Aint Telling Nobody that. But most of all; suppose you were the Virgin Mary and had known No Man and an Angel told you; You would have a Son, Would you So No and Abort because such a thing would put your life in Great jeopadary or would You say; Let It Be according to Your Will Lord? All of these people were ridiculed for telling People what GOD said to them. But all and all through the Bible; GOD always choses One to Come Forth.

GOD know who all of Her children are, and loves US ALL and Yall; are the Stars, whereas GOD's only had One Sun and One Lunatic or Moonlike Daughter and over and over again we were told; Male and Female made He THEM; not just Him.

So If you want to talk to GOD, here is what I suggest you do. Get a KJV of the Holy Bible, and Dont Use the NIV or Newer Improved Versions because a Male due to his gender was Never to Receive the Key or Hidden Manna; besides that No Man can Improve on something He never really understood and most wont admit; they made stuff up and changed the words; which Is a Big No NO....Then ask GOD a question about YOURSELF, Or what you Dont understand about GOD or maybe something You alone know; or something that's been bugging you. Then Open the book and look at the first thing you see; maybe where your finger landed; or whatever and see if it answers your question. If it does you will get Other sorts of confirmations, but you have to look out for them.

I Got to go now, cause I still havent finished my task; which is to submit my RAPE RAGE complaint to the US Supreme Court by Monday, against my Employer, GW Bush, Cheny, about 15 GOP republicans and Rupert Murdock. So as Satan, the Daughter of GOD, Sister Spirit and Wife of Jesus Christ although Ive been Sent to Collect His Rent; I think I'm entitled to at least 1/3 credit of all legal tender that has In God We Trust on it and 2/3ds for my Pain and Suffering and Dam Ages due to the Alienation of Affection caused by so called Christian Republicans.

Peace out

Why doesn't God ever talk to me personally? If it is true, and many people have spoken to god, then why not certain people? Why let a few suffer? Why bring me into existance then forget or deny me the right to speak with it.
Doesn't make sense. God would be direct with everyone equally if he existed. Or is that just what I would do as God and this one just doesn't care.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

who created satan?
and why?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Is SATAN EVIL?
well he created Jewdaism Muslimism and Christainism..
so..
I would vote Yes
EVIL

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Satan is the guy who challenges authority. The one who finds loop-holes in the law. He's the guy who breaks the law when nobody is looking. He's the one who wants absolute freedom, with no strings attached. He thinks God is a tyrant and wants to prove him wrong every step of the way.

Sounds like your average human, doesn't it?

The life we're living is a legal battle between these two. God handed the planet over to Satan and the stenograph has been recording since he began his rule. Satan has played the game out in the open whereas God has executed his plan between the lines.

Not sure how it's going to play out in the end. I think God is going to somehow trump Satan's Ace when the time comes.
Satan says to God, "Skin for skin. A man will give all he has for his own life." Job 2:4. God says not all man will be like this. Job proved God right after Satan made him suffer. Satan will use you to your end to prove God wrong.

Anyway, absolute freedom is not possible in this world. Laws are for a protection. If atomic particles weren't governed by laws we'd all be hosed. If everyone ran traffic lights you might not be here reading this post.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by squandered

Dear squandered,

I love your questions. I think we need to define evil. Evil is not just actions, it is a state of being. Matthew 12:35 explains this fairly well. In Matthew 13:19 it is stated that Satan is evil. In Luke.7.21 we are told that there are evil spirits. In common language we use evil as bad, I see it a little different, evil is when we care only about ourselves. Satan clearly does not care for or about us, we are a means to an end, something to be in subjugation to him.

When we see other people as tools for us to use to achieve our goals then we have adopted a heart of evil. I do not believe that because I do good that another must do evil, I cannot accept that if I believe in free will. In Job, we learn that Satan looks down on us and accuses us day and night, he accuses us of being no better than him. He knows his fate and wants to avoid it by clinging to us as he knows that some of us are saved. An odd dilemma to be sure. He must prove that the majority of us are unworthy to show that he is no worse; however, he must also show that some are better than him and deserving of salvation. By definition he loses. He cannot prove that he is both better than man and worse than man, his ego will not let him ever admit that he should be reporting to humans. It is the cosmic fail and the attempt is evidence of the evil within him. Be well.

I do apologize for not having quoted you more, I haven't figured out how to just take parts of posts and include them in my responses. In addition, I was recently reminded that I use whole quotes to often, I will figure it out yet, how to post just a sentence or two from people I am responding to.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Krzyzmo

D evil.

isn't that
De Ville...

evil
live

Eve L

edit on 15-7-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by violence=answer

Dear violence=answer,

Who created Satan and why? A good question, the same person that created you and me; however, all sentient beings get to define ourselves. God did not create Satan as evil, Satan chose to be evil, same as some people do. The bible does not say that God created Satan as evil, it says that he was the most beautiful of all angels, he chose to rebel as did the other demons. You cannot rebel without it being a choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join