It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Satan truly evil?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
You tell me, he only comes around to steal, kill and destroy.....I guess you think that's a good thing....go figure

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by goldentorch
As I replied to another thread let's add up the figures from the Bible itself.

Satan murdered 10 people.
God murdered 2.5 million.
Both desevere incarceration, Satan as a serial killer and God as a genocidal lunatic. I refuse to listen to arguments that God only did it to teach us the right way, after all isn't one of his rules "stone them to death if they pick up sticks on the Sabbath" wtf!
edit on 14/7/11 by goldentorch because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/7/11 by goldentorch because: (no reason given)

" Is it normal to live in a world where if I kill ten people ? I'm a murderer.
But, if I kill ten million people ? I'm a conquerer "?

Charles Manson
edit on 14-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
We are the collective nature of Satan.

Satan is Society!

There is, however, a Devil and he is the incarnate King of Demons.

Lucifer was an Angel from Heaven!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

"The satanist and the christian are both theists and therefore have much more in common than an atheist and a christian."

Satanists have only one use for Athiests - and that is to use them to further their own goals of creating strife amongst the religious community and to help them to breakdown the remaining aspects of morality that remain in society. From all my readings, satanists despise Christians because of their love for God and Jesus, but Satanists will deceive many of them into accepting the worship of another. But as for Athiests, they will not be tolerated because their lack of belief in God makes them extremely resistant to accepting worship. People with a strong belief in God and Athiests will soon realise that they are paddling in the same boat "persecution", at least for awhile.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Satan is existing to the best of his abilities, the same as everything else. Good/evil are just perspectives...something 'evil' happening now could be a 'blessing' further on down the road, and vice versa. We don't see the outcome, and, due to this, have an incomplete view of the world.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

"The satanist and the christian are both theists and therefore have much more in common than an atheist and a christian."

Satanists have only one use for Athiests - and that is to use them to further their own goals of creating strife amongst the religious community and to help them to breakdown the remaining aspects of morality that remain in society.

Atheism has nothing to do with breaking down morals nor has any goal of creating strife in religious communities.

But as for Athiests, they will not be tolerated because their lack of belief in God makes them extremely resistant to accepting worship.

Correct, which is why satanists and christian have more in common than they think.

People with a strong belief in God and Athiests will soon realise that they are paddling in the same boat "persecution", at least for awhile.

Huh?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think if there was a satan you may want to thank him, afterall he is the reason you have the ability to type on your computer right now isn't he? Supposedly he gave man the ability to gain knowledge from eating a magic apple and therefore allowed us to progress as a society, otherwise we'd still be walking around naked competing with the animals right???

Do you regret living everyday in a modern society were all these creations that were made by man were only because satan gave us the ability to think? I guess what I'm saying unless you are living in a remote area with no knowledge of technology or religion then you are basically living in satans world..... hmmm....
edit on 14-7-2011 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Based on my own observations and conclusions i believe the roles of God and Satan were reversed. God seems more like a tyrant and slave master, think about it....u have a list of things that u cannot do and u have to worship him in order to get into "heaven" what does that sound like? Satan was a open minded thinker who didnt have any rules and didnt demand that ppl worship him, he says do whatever makes u happy. Satan represents FREEDOM and God represents SERVITUDE and SLAVERY.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Ha ha, wow i never thought about it like this.

I always see people fighting and killing in the name of god, in the name of their christian beliefe or the some other.

But i honestly, (and call me ignorant if you want) i have never ONCE seen anything about a war because of ones beliefe in satan, but plenty of war over god.

This is why i avoid the scene

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
That's a great thought there, really good quote too.
I'll be using that again, hah.

For me, 'god' and the 'devil' are jus symbols for good and evil.
God representing the morals of humans, empathy etc. The devil representing stuff like greed, jealousy etc

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Basically from what I can remember Satan went to take over God with a bunch of other fallen angels, aka demons, and God smacked them down with ease. God could have eliminated him but still loved him. God shows compassion we will never understand, if it were me I would have destroyed Satan and stop all this nonsense.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
All Christians believe in a limited form of reincarnation. We see that our soul is placed into this body when we are born. This is incarnation one. We believe that we can be saved and receive a new body. This is incarnation 2. I believe that we have many. In John 3, Jesus says, "You must be born again." This is not an option. In other words, you were here, likely, in OT days. You are also here now. The veil of the temple is the veil of your memory in the body. The body is the temple of God that must live by faith. The baptism in the water is this material world. To find salvation from it, you must be baptized in the spirit. This is the message of John 3. Jesus came to offer you the Holy Spirit. Love your neighbors and love God. Luke 10 explains it. Your neighbors are even your enemies. Love is the key removes the flaming sword of hatred and bias from the tree of life.

Expand your world and read this article. LINK

Originally posted by JonU2
reply to post by SuperiorEd

God, on the flip side, stands for others in equality. God ensures that we all learn His law of love form the earth and nature. Satan was our choice, but does not need to be now. We have free will with every choice we make. God allows us to live on our own merits.

Why is it that religious people such as yourself are not totally honest about the contents of the Old Testament?

If you buy into the OT and believe it to be true then what about the many instances where this God character advises the Israelites to totally wipe out whole cities and villages. God advises at times to not even spare women and children...............where does his supposed 'law of love' fit into the, literally, millions of people that were massacred by his order (I've studied it and was shocked at the massive numbers of people that were murdered at his direction).

In all honestly, if you believe the OT to be true then you must believe that God is a genocidal maniac!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Satan doesn't exist. He is just a made up being to fear people into believing that hell is a bad place for wicked people in the afterlife, and heaven is for the good people. Also, the concept of an afterlife makes people feel more comfortable and secure, even though there isn't one when we die.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
Expand your world and read this article. LINK

You didn't even acknowledge or address the question and points that were asked in the post you quoted. It appears you breezed over it entirely (probably because it was difficult) and used bandwidth for completely unrelated prosthelytizing.

I'm rather interested to see how you rationalize the points presented. Perhaps you'd like to address those issues rather than shamelessly preach?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The devil is out to distroy every thing that God has created (except the universe, his servants and himself) and his intension is to deceive, manipulate and disgrace everything that 'carries' Gods signature.

Why...? Because the devil is an egocentric jalous psychopath with megalomaniacal tendencies and a sore loser.

Thats why...

edit on 14-7-2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yes SHe is; but just like the Tree of Knowlegde; Satan is both Good AND Evil...duh..

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
Because the devil is an egocentric jalous psychopath with megalomaniacal tendencies and a sore loser.

Thats why...

That also sounds exactly like the biblical god.

You'll have to find some other way of distinguishing Satan.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

befor discussing the alledge atributes of " satan " - can we have evidence of existance ??????

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Agrees with you 100%, while we are on this subject, can we also have 100% proof that God Exists also.

Until then i will take assumptions and statements that there is either a God or a Satan with a pinch of salt.

Star for you.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
No that's because Jesus and Satan received different missions from GOD. Jesus came to save the world; whereas Satan role or part was to Deceive the Whole World; Remain silent about Her part, and than at the last minute Speak up; telling the whole truth and nothing but the Truth; so Help Her GOD; which is Satan has been working for GOD all along, and Satan Loves Her God Given Government Job.

Originally posted by zatara
The devil is out to distroy every thing that God has created (except the universe, his servants and himself) and his intension is to deceive, manipulate and disgrace everything that 'carries' Gods signature.

Why...? Because the devil is an egocentric jalous psychopath with megalomaniacal tendencies and a sore loser.

Thats why...

edit on 14-7-2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join