It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secrets of Masonry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
there are very few high ranked free masons who truly know what free masonry is all about apparently most freemason's are mislead, with only a select few in the know.

page 21 of Codex Magica:
"Hoodwinked! pity the poor, foolish man who becomes a freemason! In the very first degree ritual, that of entered apprentice, a blindfold is put over his eyes, and a cable-tow is hung around his neck. Symbolically, the dumb candidate is "hoodwinked." Little does he know that his superiors intentionally set out to deceive the candidate and they contrive their deceit through all the ritual degrees up to and including the 33rd."

I'm thinking the average mason knows jack.
edit on 5-7-2011 by indisgust because: filled out

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by indisgust

I find it rather repugnant that some non-members reads an exerpt and thinks that truly represents Freemasonry, and how it operates. Now it's not even a high vs low, but you're hypothesizing that not even all your fabled "high levels" know everything?

I live how you don't cite anything actually official, but rather cherry pick books that contain much, but mostly the opinion of the author. Plus your little "Codex Magica" is not even written by a Freemason, but rather one of your ilk. What a rude and ignorant take on Freemasonry this book is. Using this book as evidence of anything is like having Nazis to give their opinion on Jews or the KKK giving their opinion on Blacks, and using that evidence against the latter.

I'm thinking the average mason knows jack.

And you would know less than the average Mason.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Blue lodge? Is it to do with the American system? How does it work? It's different here.

reply to post by KSigMason

Thanks, I have never heard of the Regius Poem/Halliwell Manuscript. Have to check it out. Edit, just read your post below, thanks.

reply to post by network dude

God. IN whatever method or reason you call him that. Whatever you call him. It's a very generic term to suit all individuals to exclude nobody and promote truth.

This is where I have a different opinion and thats why I mentioned the "greatest architect of the universe" as oppoosed to God, as the concept of a single all powerfull, all knowing God is unique to only one civilisation, by combining the "powers" of the countless pagan Gods into one power source. No other civilisation did this. The God of the Bible ,Kuran etc are just fabricated or borrowed from the pagan pantheon of Gods.

It's not that we deny them, it's that we cannot find true proof of lineage. We still have degrees dedicated to them, and still talk about the Templar ideas, but we have not found that historical marker that unites us. Pike thought it existed, and many others have tried to find it, but as of yet, it is still missing. I would be proud to be associated with such honorable men.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Scottish rite.
edit on 7/7/2011 by naeem11111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by naeem11111

No problem at all.

Blue lodge? Is it to do with the American system? How does it work? It's different here.

Blue Lodge is a name for the Symbolic Lodge or Craft Masonry that contains the degrees leading up to Master Mason degree.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by naeem11111

I was thinking more along the lines of the Scottish rite.

I am a member and on several degree teams. We do use Templar regalia, and clothing in performing these degrees. The lessons taught use some stories of Templar events. But the historical connection is what's missing. I am not sure if I can get into it but the 31st degree uses some very different costumes and stories that have nothing at all to do with Templars, Monks, or Priests. It's memorable and I wish I could go into it, but I had better not.

The link with the Templars is just not provable at this time. Many historians have and are trying to find it. Even when discussing the Scottish Rite.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Is there a lot of heresay about Masonry? Yes.

Is a lot of it misunderstood without proper initiations/info? Yes.

But here's where I stand.... I'm a "knowledge belongs to humanity" person. Even the lowest level masons do know things that are enlightening and would benefit all of humanity to know. No matter who or what they worship, I can't imagine any benevolent God requesting for secret societies, let alone asking them to keep information from thier fellow man.

There are a lot of good men in masonry, I have no doubt about it. But there are some extremely shady things about it also...

I don't have time, nor do I want to get into semantics now...

Let me just use the analogy of Platos Cave for the time being... We are the people chained to the posts in the cave, watching whatever the masons and world leaders put on the screen for us...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I am not sure if I can get into it but the 31st degree uses some very different costumes and stories that have nothing at all to do with Templars, Monks, or Priests. It's memorable and I wish I could go into it, but I had better not.

What do you mean, you can't go into it, by explaining about it? If you have made oaths then its fine. I'm just interested when you mentioned it has nothing to do with Templars, Monks, or Priests. I just want to hear your view compared with my reserach.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HologramDenier
This topic just oooozes self importance.
Personally, I really dont care about Freemasons. You can have your naked romps amid stag head adorned country lodges. You can dress up and play kings and queens in your finery and practise your secret hand shakes.
It is ultimately meaningless. Along with your post, all of your practises and traditions are nothing more than attention seeking, inconsequential nonsense.
But thats just my opinion...

You know VERY little about Freemasonry and I can assure you, that there are NO naked romps amid stag heads whatsoever.
Are there any other societies of men that you would like to throw in, while you're at it?

But we do agree on one thing.........it's only your opinion.
Have a nicer day than the one that you've already had.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Profane22

Thank your for your post. During the ceremonies, the lessons of morality that are portrayed through allegory, symbolism (ie working tools, lectures, and so on). The lessons are we are to take and better ourselves, this we do not keep secret. I've talked about the meanings all of the time.

The Bible does say that a wise man keeps info to himself and that secrecy is not a bad thing.

The one thing that can be said about Masonry Is that we're a private group that has existed for centuries and has notable men in history as members, so it's an easy target for suspicion.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

The Bible does say that a wise man keeps info to himself and that secrecy is not a bad thing.

Actually, what it says (English Standard Version) is:

Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.

Sorry. Couldn't resist that joke at your expense-you opened yourself up for it though.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

What do you mean, you can't go into it, by explaining about it? If you have made oaths then its fine. I'm just interested when you mentioned it has nothing to do with Templars, Monks, or Priests. I just want to hear your view compared with my reserach.
Dude's just being shy. The 31st degree is an allegory play set in the Egyptian afterlife, where the exemplar candidate must go before the Egyptian pantheon and have his soul and the actions of his lifetime weighed to determine his eternal fate. I agree with the Dude, it's actually a pretty cool degree. And yes, it has nothing to do with Templars for a change.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Well luckily I wasn't referencing that verse:

Proverbs 11:13 - A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.

Proverbs 12:23 - A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.

Proverbs 10:14 - Wise men lay up knowledge: but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction.

Matthew 6:6 - But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I wasn't sure how much I could go into that. thanks Josh.
That is one I was sure I didn't want to be the active candidate on.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by naeem11111

The Scottish Rite website has an abundant source of information. You can also Google "Scottish Rite Degrees" and they come up with a good description. This Site seems pretty good.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Dude's just being shy. The 31st degree is an allegory play set in the Egyptian afterlife, where the exemplar candidate must go before the Egyptian pantheon and have his soul and the actions of his lifetime weighed to determine his eternal fate. I agree with the Dude, it's actually a pretty cool degree. And yes, it has nothing to do with Templars for a change.

This describes only the Southern Jurisdiction work, the Egyptian theme came from Pike. In other jurisdictions, the 31st degree is based on Templary.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

KsigMason - Being raised a Christian, I would normally agree with you. However... we all know there are some things wrong there... I personally don't trust it completely anymore. My point isn't what this book says or that book says... as a person... as a humanist... what does your HEART tell you...?

Nothing is secret. Nothing is kept from anyone. Everything that outsiders think is secret just isn't told. Not until someone asks. If you want to truly know the secrets of masonry, you would ask a mason.

I am not sure if I can get into it...

Alright networkdude, why aren't you sure if you can get into it...? Funny, I've been reading some posts by masons who threaten other members when they are dangerously close to revealing something. But I digress... I'll take you up on that.

So, who is the "horned" god that represents the Ram...? I've seen a few theories...

What does 666 really mean...?

Why do most higher level masons become islamic red hats?

What is the order of the "real" days of the week?

What is the difference between and upright and downward pointing pentagrams?

What does Osiris have to do with Sirius?

Who is Jah Bul On and what do each of his vowels represent?

Who was Mithras?

What ever happened to Adam and Eve?

Is it possible the bible (Babel) was ever paganized and what about it was?

Who was "Captian Morgan"?

What does the metaphorical "gold" in alcehemy stand for?

Have you ever had the chance to spit on the cross while you where being tested for a degree?

When does the masons calender actually begin?

What does the word "Genesis" actually mean?

What does the gnostic cross represent?

Have you ever been told the meaning of something at a lower level only for it to change during the higher levels?

What is "FOX" in gematria?

What does 22 mean in numerology?

Now, when I joined "Amway" a few years ago, we got tapes, books, etc... with quotes to defend ourselves... is this true in masonry? You guys seem to all have the same prefab answers...

Most people think of the "Devil" or "Satan" as some dumb, dark entity who does nothing but send his drones to scare people... If you were him, how would you "deceiveth the whole world"...?

I look forward to your replies since nothing is hidden in masonry!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

My heart tells me nothing is wrong with secrets, secrecy, or privacy. In regards to Masonry ever in my heart have I said "Wait? This isn't right."

Threaten? On here? I've never seen anything threatening nor have I been threatened.

Why do most higher level masons become islamic red hats?

if you're talking about the Shriners they are not "high level" Masons. Any Master Mason in good standing may join.

What is the order of the "real" days of the week?

Who was Mithras?

Huh?

[quoteWhat is the difference between and upright and downward pointing pentagrams?
Depends.

What ever happened to Adam and Eve?

The Common Doom of Man.

Who was "Captian Morgan"?

Do you mean William Morgan? He disappeared from jail after supposedly he was kidnapped. Some Masons were put on trial, but found not guilty for lack of evidence. Public scrutiny found them guilty though and Freemasonry in America was nearly destroyed. The AGrand allege of NY condemned the actions of these possible rogue Masons.

What does the metaphorical "gold" in alcehemy stand for?

Possibly enlightenment. Transforming, bettering yourself.

Have you ever had the chance to spit on the cross while you where being tested for a degree?

Never. The Order of the Temple is a very Christian order. 

When does the masons calender actually begin?

We follow the same months everyone else does, but if you're referring to the year system we use then it varies from varies with each Masonic body.

Now, when I joined "Amway" a few years ago, we got tapes, books, etc... with quotes to defend ourselves... is this true in masonry? You guys seem to all have the same prefab answers...

No. What I use to counter the posts against us comes from my knowledge of the Craft (internal affairs, symbols, rituals, and so on) and from me researching what I don't know about the conspiracy theory.

Many of your questions had nothing to do with Masonry.
edit on 8-7-2011 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I wasn't insinuating YOU threatened anyone... I said a few masons have done so to brothers in other forums.

I realized there are many different orders with different structures and belief systems... and I realize some of them study different material, some of them very basic, some deeper... I have seen quoted many times that masonry isn't for a specific religion, yet, yours is a "christian" order?

I have a method to my madness and I noticed you dodged some of my questions, especially the most important ones...

Most of the questions you asked had nothing to do with Freemasonry

Are you sure about that and would you tell me if they did?

My questions still stand for any other masons that can answer them.
edit on 8-7-2011 by Profane22 because: Added

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Oh okay. They shouldn't threaten. If someone is coming close they could correct him, but there's no reason for them to be hostile.

In the York Rite, the Chivalric Orders require you to profess a Christian belief. Masonry isn't a religion, but the various bodies do have specific requirements to join; for the chivalric orders it's Christianity.

Some of them I skipped over because of various reasons, but most of them had nothing to do with Freemasonry. If you're trying to get me discuss secrets from any of the bodies I will not, and I hope you can respect that.

There's a book called Workman Unashamed that talks about a few of your questions.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

If you're trying to get me discuss secrets from any of the bodies I will not

Ok, that's all I needed to hear, at least from you... Networkdude let on otherwise...

If someone is coming close they could correct him

Getting "close" to what exactly...?! I thought there were no "secrets"? Why would anyone be afraid to give away these "secrets" if there aren't any, or "they aren't a big deal"...? hmmm...

My questions still stand to any other masons who would like to prove to me there are "no secrets"...
edit on 9-7-2011 by Profane22 because: your mom

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join