It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the UN has in mind for your guns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
According to the ATF report Firearms Commerce in the United States—2001/2002, during the one-hundred year period from 1899 through 1999, an estimated 248 million guns became available for sale in the United States (not including those produced for the military). This number included more than 87 million rifles, 86 million handguns, and 72 million shotguns. According to estimates from the ATF, there were 1.5 million guns produced in the United States in 1950, 3.7 million in 1970, 5.6 million in 1980, 3.8 million in 1990, and 4 million in 1999. The ATF data suggest that the number of imported rifles, shotguns, and handguns combined averaged one million per year in the 1990s, with handguns accounting for roughly half of that figure. Exports averaged fewer than 400,000 per year. Putting all estimates together, by the end of 1999, the total number of guns privately owned or available for sale in the United States came to more than 260 million, nearly enough for every man, woman, and child in the country to own one.

www.libraryindex.com...

The United Nations wants to do what? LOL good luck!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Would never be ratified in the USA.

Think about it - the USA won't even sign up for the landmine treaty.

Not likely the US Senate or Congress will vote to let a UN law supercede the Constitution, regardless of what the law might be.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Keep your guns America. I'm one of the Brits who thinks we should all carry guns if we want legally...and yea I've got my reasons...mostly self-defence...its a wild world out there.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
No effin way!!!!!

I'm not envious of big houses, fast cars, or having bling bling but I'm envious of this:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Blah, blah..

I have been hearing this for about 15 years now and that whole time gun laws gotten lighter.. Its just fear and more fear.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

What? I don't know about gun laws becoming lighter. Just ask the people from California, NY, or Illinois...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

Odd, seems alot easier to conceal carry now then then.. Not to mention the The Federal Assault Weapons Ban being lifted..

Seems i remember some tea party stuff awhile back where they all came out to protest with fire arms.. Think that would go down well in the past?

edit on 1-7-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

Do you own a firearm? Do you know all the gun laws for all the states? Do not assume and spread misinformation.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Yah, i do own a firearm. And i dont care about state law other then the one i live in. That and FED law which would be more with the UN. Unless the new thing is how the UN is a danger to states rights somehow.

If you dont like the laws of the state you live in.. Move

edit on 1-7-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by crudos
Never going to happen. Second sentence, same as the first. Take a breath, relax, think how utterly impossible such a act would be to enact in the US, short of martial law.

I don't even think martial law would work. Armed Americans still FAR outnumber the entire armed forces.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
all thats left in Britain are the placid stock.

Hey! Don't tar us all with the same brush! I'm pro-gun, even though I'm unable to own one.

Maybe the Brits who went to America ran away rather than staying to fight the tyanny of the Crown. Granted, those of us who did didn't do a very good job of preserving our ancestral liberty
, but there's time yet.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

England is the one country I would be glad to go to war with. Again.

Why?! And if you mean you'd go to war with our government, then please endeavour to differentiate from the people of England and its rogue government/monarchy. Our government does not represent 90% of the English people. If you want to go to war with our government, without wishing to conquer our land and purely for ideological reasons, then I would fight on your side!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I dont need to say much here except that gun control is nessecary, here in Australia awhile ago they banned alot of guns and bought in a buy back program where you get money for the banned guns and it worked brilliantly!
We in Australia don't have a big problem for guns because of tight laws surrounding the buying of guns and for that reason we are ahead of places like the USA in crime control......less guns less deaths and major crime simple and if you think otherwise you are obviously against gun control and making the world a safer place!!
My point is it's definatly worked here in Australia so i don't see why the USA and other gun crazy nations cannot do the same thing

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
oh no.the un will not take my firearms away. i need those for when the zombie apocalypse comes around!

i doubt the people who live off said firearms to hunt for food will give up their guns lightly....

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

usually the said firearms involved in crime here in the us are imported or bought illegally. a felon cannot buy a gun legally in the us thus most of the times the criminals have to turn elsewhere or get resourceful if they want one.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
It won`t happen, Charlton Heston would never let it happen and i`m sure he has a plan from that place he`s in now, either that or he`s cussing loudly, hmm maybe that`s where all the chaos is coming from angry dead people creating natural disasters from beyond

All I have to say is; "Good luck with that, UN."

Americans may not be the most politically savvy people on the planet, and our government sure does bend us over on occasion, but its really going to be hard to get Americans to give up their guns. I personally just dont see it happening.

Of all the things they could do to make Americans possibly really revolt, and storm government buildings, that would be it. Maybe after a few more decades of scaring us and gradually taking our freedoms, but the climate in the US right now is already tottering on the verge of.................well, something. I cant quite put my finger on what we are on the verge of, but there is definite tension between the people and government that the media isnt covering, and is trying to gloss over, but, its there.

Im already disappointed at what wussies some Americans are with their "oooooooo protect us by taking all our freedoms from those big scary terrorists," but even though that element is growing here, thanks to the constant fearmongering, we arent even close to being ready to be disarmed.

edit on 1-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I sighed in envy of that beautiful vault. I love it here in the US were I am allowed to walk around with a concealed weapon for mine and my families protection as well as hunt one animal or another nearly year round, buy an AR of the shelf for $600 with 2 30 rnd mags. I think this would be an extremely difficult task for them to complete we can not even stop the govn't from selling guns to cartels in Mexico.

Also guns sales have soared in most of the states in my area I worked at Cabelas for a bit right after Obama got elected we sold 750 AR's alone in the first month after his election cause every one thought the semi-auto bans were coming back we sold on average over the next 6 months 1000 guns per month in a town of less than 100k.

edit on 1-7-2011 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2011 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

How do you know this? I have found that misrepresenting legislation is pretty common. Does it really say all that? Have you read it and so you really do know or are you just repeating what you read somewhere? I advise anyone to get a copy of the act and have a look at if before getting all excited.

How, exactly, would all unregistered guns in the US be collected? Marshall law would have to be declared and everyone would be hiding their guns before the search was on.

Besides those pragmatic considerations the UN would be so busy in Charlton Heston's basement they'd forget about the rest of us.

Sorry I think this is not a true thing but just more hype.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by crudos

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by crudos

First they manipulate and over ride all your ammendments......then there's the patriot act and domestic terrorists...where do you think the US is heading??

Not down the road your painting. What constitutional rights have been dashed lately? As far as I know, all of them are still in effect. And of course the Patriot Act was/is a terrible idea, yet there's no fortitude to abolish it. Vigilance and information are key to making sure your picture never happens.

The thing is, there is No Constitution, The United States is a Corporation. No one has really ever had any rights, it was a cover and the greatest con ever to blind the masses.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

You guys don't have a border with Mexico either.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join