It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the UN has in mind for your guns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Sounds like paranoia to me

Live and let live
Not Die and let Die

just IMO

edit on 30-6-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by crudos
Never going to happen. Second sentence, same as the first. Take a breath, relax, think how utterly impossible such a act would be to enact in the US, short of martial law.

I bet the people in Australia said the same thing and look at them now.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

I'm not naive. I know there are plenty of bad people out there and that won't change unfortunately. People need to defend themselves and it should be on equal ground - if they have a gun then you should too. In my ideal world every weapon manufacturer would be shut down and ALL guns, bombs, missiles etc would be destroyed. People can still fight, defend and go to war but at least they would be forced to use weapons that won't cause civilian causalities.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'd just like to add that if you read my original post with the link...the guys talking about NWO actually have good intentions to bring the human race together and eradicate all destruction so the human race can continue to advance as a civilization...

Makes sense to me

you know..eradicate all different religions (They cant all be right anyway, they bloody contradict each other!!)
Abolish borders and countries (If aliens were to greet us Instead of saying "I'm American" or I'm British" we should totally be like.. "Im an Earthling") lol

I dont get what all the fuss is over....or am I missing something?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
all I can say is:
they can try

but they won't succeed

anybody who wants a gun
will have a gun even if they have
to buy it illegally.

I am so ^&*%^$# sick of the UN
telling me what to do.
Who made them our daddy ???

I believe it was Charlton Heston who said:
"From my cold dead hands!!!"

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by tjack

Sounds like paranoia to me

Live and let live
Not Die and let Die

just IMO

I respect your opinion, but paranoia? Really? Ever watch the news? Read a paper? Crime happens. Murder, kidnapping, rape, it all HAPPENS. Every day. In every country.

It isn't paranoia, it's sad reality.

And if you're ever cornered and faced with a grave threat, I hope you have something handy to defend yourself with, a big stick perhaps. Or someone in your trusted armed services.

edit on 30-6-2011 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So.........AMERICA is scared of its own government? (that comments for the guy illusion..summin)

So, you think wanting to maintain your right to have firearms in case your government goes rogue is a sign of our "fear" of our government? I dont think we fear the government. Not on average. Some do. But our desire to keep our arms isnt based in "fear" but a knowledge of history. Many of us here in America are so because we were very badly treated by people in power elsewhere. And America itself was badly treated by the people who officially began this nation, the English.

It was our arms that drove your government OUT of America, and our willingness to fight greedy tyrants that won us our freedom. Thats not fear, thats bravery. It was armed rebellion all over the world, Europe, the Americas, etc., that helped convince your government to treat you better, for fear you lot might actually grow some balls and run the monarchy out.

We arent "afraid" of our government. We are armed so that they have cause to fear us if they get too pushy and dictatorial. I cant speak for everyone, but many people I know almost have a "c'mon, do that one thing wrong enough to bring on the fight" attitude right now, and thats not fear.

Not good is all Im saying...we Brits dont fear ours
I trust my armed forces to protect me in a proffesional manner.

Well good for you. After a couple thousand years of having your population culled of anyone with any fire in their veins, Im not surprised you dont mind being herded around like sheep and beg to have your country bubble wrapped so no one gets hurt. Your farmers have been managing their stock well to ensure a nice placid little herd. Wise on an island, I suppose.

Other than that guns promote destruction...and why would anyone wanna do that?

Your country has been responsible for plenty of destruction, and your violent crime rates are still among the highest in the first world. The difference is you people throw bricks and spork each other to death now, because you have no guns, swords, and large knives.
You certainly arent "better" less violent people just because you gave up your weapons.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Well...not in my community...I spose it all depends on how effective your law and order is...and IMO the American system is very flawed. Infact Im currently involved in a thread discussing how appalling the American prison system is..locking up innocents...allowing rape....all that...

ETA: I agree in self defence, thats why I undertake boxing and stuff...and I'd certainly beat an attacker with a stick...but not a gun...too messy I think lol

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Can't say I have ever hunted or went shooting for fun. I personally think bowhunting would be more my style if I chose to take up hunting. And no - people don't NEED guns to hunt. I think guns help desensitize people from violence. Basically the further you are away from the person you are trying to injure, the less personal the act. I say if you really want to inflict pain and/or death on another individual then do it face to face, good ole hand to hand combat. I think more people would think twice if they only had a knife to fight with.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

then knives would be band as well, your hands would need to be FBI reg and your car searched for sharp objects when pulled over as well as being hand cuffed

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Which amendments would those be? Freedom to discent, to voice opinion, is still alive and well. Freedom of religion, to worship as one chooses is still alive and well. Freedom to own firearms is still alive and well.

As for your opinion about my country? You know nothing of us, yet have strong opinions about us... Few of us run around carrying guns just looking to shoot someone, or something. Those that do? Most assuredly the exception to the rule.

The Senate will never ratify such a stupid, not to mention unconstitutional, treaty. ...and even if they did? Goodluck enforcing it. They'll need it.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
you now what gets me is that the UN wants to ban small arms ok fine ban all that includes the Mil and police, why is it just the us the people being told give up your arms think about that. Why just small arms?; planes, bombs land mines, and tanks would should ban them.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Not quite sure what your argument is to be honest. Anything can be a weapon, my hot cup of morning coffee, the keyboard in front of me or the knife I use to cook my dinner. Knives have plenty of uses - guns have one. Why do we as a human race build weapons of the sole purpose of hurting others? Chances are an innocent bystander across the street from a knife fight won't get hurt as opposed to a stray bullet from a gunfight.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

So, you think wanting to maintain your right to have firearms in case your government goes rogue is a sign of our "fear" of our government?

Quite simply...yes

And America itself was badly treated by the people who officially began this nation, the English.

Because America is sooo nice to the rest of the world LOL

It was our arms that drove your government OUT of America, and our willingness to fight greedy tyrants that won us our freedom.

Was that something about greedy tyrants?? 2 words for ya..... Corporate Capitilism.....America has took it to new heights!!

for fear you lot might actually grow some balls and run the monarchy out.

Erm...have you met our Parliment yet? and Im quite proud of our good old Elizabeth (1st) thank you very much

We arent "afraid" of our government. We are armed so that they have cause to fear us if they get too pushy and dictatorial.

You still sound scared to me
cant you sort this our civily? You are in a democracy

Your farmers have been managing their stock well to ensure a nice placid little herd. Wise on an island, I suppose.

Coming from an American
I still cant believe it lol...but yes we do have a nice quiet little life over here, not worrying about our government plotting against us...you must be soo jelous

Your country has been responsible for plenty of destruction, and your violent crime rates are still among the highest in the first world. The difference is you people throw bricks and spork each other to death now, because you have no guns, swords, and large knives. You certainly arent "better" less violent people just because you gave up your weapons.

I'll be the first to admit it has! but nothing quite as sinister as that..er... orange war? you guys started in China...because they wouldnt buy your heroine :|.....and we were'nt going charging into Libya without America putting pressure on us.....just to name a few things there

And dont put words in my mouth, I never said we were better!!

Lets agree to disagree, we are fellow ATSers

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I totally disagree with taking away what little guns we do have. And it IS little compared to our military, or UN forces that could be used to thwart any real civil uprise. In that respect, we still have no chance in making any real change.

Those of you who agree citizens should have no right to guns are already where they want you. I can agree with you, in a perfect world, no one would have guns. That includes the government.

Simply owning a gun does not desensitize you to violence, the TV and digital entertainment has done a far better job at that.

If the government were to start enforcing clearly tyrannical actions for the means of utter controle, unless you're going to run out with a kitchen knife you have no say whatsoever.

THIS IS WHY THE SECOND AMMENDMENT EXISTS!!! This is why the United States exists and is not still an extention of the British Empire.

Taking away guns will only allow criminals to gain a stronghold on gun ownership. No matter how many laws are in place they will never be able to take guns away from those who desire to kill people with them.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
Knives have plenty of uses - guns have one.

And what is that "one?" Killing people? I guess I must be a genius then, because I have found a second use for them. Target shooting. Other must be similarly brilliant, because they hunt with them. Guns have more use than just as weapons of war, and I dont see ANY governments disarming themselves, and until they do, Im keeping my arms. Whats good for those in power should be good for everyone.

Why do we as a human race build weapons of the sole purpose of hurting others? Chances are an innocent bystander across the street from a knife fight won't get hurt as opposed to a stray bullet from a gunfight.

Because people are in competition with one another. Thats why. Its part of that whole evolutionary process called "natural selection" that some people pretend is not reality. There is a set, finite amount of resources in any given area, and in the world, and our population grows. And that increases demand for resources, which leads to conflict over said resources. Now, we COULD reduce our population to the point where there was plenty for all, and outlaw hoarding by the wealthy, and live in harmony. But we arent doing that yet. We are still growing our population and that means war is inevitable. Not optional.

And as long as war is inevitable, the wise will be armed.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

reply to post by bekod

~snip~

Why do we as a human race build weapons of the sole purpose of hurting others?

~snip~

And I'm sure that if any of us could snap our fingers and change all that, we would in a heartbeat, but it isn't our current reality, nor has it ever been. Humans are what we are, and if people are happy to live in bliss and give their throat to the wolf when he shows up, more power to them.

Can you imagine in the whole of human history, how many individuals have stood before their attacker KNOWING that they are probably about to die? That in THIS MOMENT it's kill or be killed?

I cannot live with the idea that IF (not when, I'm as far from paranoid as you can get) that moment ever happens to me or my loved ones, that my only recourse is hope, and I cannot understand the mindset of those who would.

At least with a gun in hand, one has a fighting chance.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I do not hunt, I do not competitively shoot.

I keep firearms to defend myself, property and others who are incapable of defending themselves.

The MAIN reason that I keep firearms is to keep my representative government in check. As long as I am armed they are limited in their actions and I have the power to not only defend my rights but to revolt and overthrow my government and create a new one.

Also what kind of a blibbering idiot wants to live in a world where only those born the strongest get to make the rules? When you take away our technology, you put us back into a world where people will fight with clubs, with sticks and stones, swords and knives. I do not want to go back in time, back to the ancient world.

Firearms put all human beings on a level playing field, regardless of age, regardless of being in a wheelchair, regardless of if you are pushing a baby carriage. Firearms even the playing field.

Come and take them.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Quite simply...yes

And quite simply, you are wrong.

Because America is sooo nice to the rest of the world LOL

And the English are better? In what alternate universe did that happen?

Was that something about greedy tyrants?? 2 words for ya..... Corporate Capitilism.....America has took it to new heights!!

Yes we did. And Im not proud of that. But it isnt like your kind havent been playing right along. I dont see BP turning down oil contracts in Iraq or any other nation we have bombed into submission. In fact, I see your country bombing the snot out of Libya.

Erm...have you met our Parliment yet? and Im quite proud of our good old Elizabeth (1st) thank you very much

You still have bunch of Germans sucking tax dollars out of your people and putting their two cents in, you didnt exactly get rid of your monarchy or aristocracy, they just switched labels.

You still sound scared to me
cant you sort this our civily? You are in a democracy

Well, there is no accounting for IQ, is there? There isnt anything even resembling scared going on in my body chemistry. Scornful, is more like it. Ahd we currently ARE sorting it out civilly and democratically. But our democracy is being subverted right now, and its not working well for us. We may be able to get it back on track, civilly, democratically, and thats what the vast majority of us want. But if we cant, we have another option. Which we would use, if we had to.

Coming from an American
I still cant believe it lol...but yes we do have a nice quiet little life over here, not worrying about our government plotting against us...you must be soo jelous

Hardly. I would fight to the death rather than live like you do.

Originally posted by Sinny...and we were'nt going charging into Libya without America putting pressure on us.....just to name a few things there

Yes, of course. "America made us do it." Kind of bolsters my "grow some balls" argument, doesnt it?

Lets agree to disagree, we are fellow ATSers

We can agree to disagree, but no English who bash America are my fellows. Some people in some countries have a right to bash us. You dont. Its beyond hypocritical.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
the sad thing is as long as the is land and wealth of the land gold, silver, oil and land to grow food there will be killing and wars ones own property will be a cause, this is just about the right to have the right to defend, hunt or shoot if one wants too.
Not all do but for use that do we will, if it makes us an out law then an out law we shall be till we stand and say as one voice we will not be out laws any more.
The biggest problem is we worry about our selves as one self; "They will not come take my gun " when it should be "They will not come take our gun's" once that is said as one voice they might change there minds, no nation will invade us, why? We out gun them as a hole , take that a way and we are ripe for the taking for our police would not be able to handle that our armed forces are spread to thin to defend us so we the fire arms owner are the ones that stand in there way.
Yes some do carry all the time, but do not react, if that was the case a lot criminals would be Swiss chess not sitting behind bars or on the run. Another fact most people are killed with their own gun.
Why they do not know how to react when in a combat situation, yes some know how ,and they are the ones that are,
for one put in prison for defending them selves , (the cases are dropping for the law is getting to be on there side) or they had what it takes to shoot another , most shootings are done by nut jobs, or gang bangers doing drive by's, that do nothing but put fear in the "hood" or kill/ injurer the wrong person and they do not care about any laws in the first place. If all guns were to be banned and only the police or mil had them, nut jobs and hard core criminals would too, and we, the law abiding citizen would be at there mercy and they would have none.
So when i see the UN and/or our leader ship say things like "we will take your guns" it makes me shudder, for could it happen yes, would it happen? Not with out a fight, making my country a war zone, is this what they want?
edit on 30-6-2011 by bekod because: editting

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join