It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the UN has in mind for your guns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

If passed by the UN and ratified by the U.S. Senate, the UN Small Arms Treaty would almost certainly FORCE the U.S. to:

*** Enact tougher licensing requirements, making law-abiding Americans cut through even more bureaucratic red tape just to own a firearm legally;

*** CONFISCATE and DESTROY ALL "unauthorized" civilian firearms (all firearms owned by governments are excluded, of course);

*** BAN the trade, sale and private ownership of ALL semi-automatic weapons including shotguns and other firearms commonly used for hunting;

*** Create an INTERNATIONAL gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun CONFISCATION.
the above is from a email that was sent to me i have found no web source, the web site this is from is a by member only so no link there, but i thought it worthy of putting it up just so you know what is in store for us in the US other nations have already done this just ask our British friends across the pound how they have guns or in the land down under, we will be next How to stop this tell your sen to say no way if he/she wants your vote this time around.
side note this one

*** BAN the trade, sale and private ownership of ALL semi-automatic weapons including shotguns and other firearms commonly used for hunting;
also includes your six shooter pistols. now i do not know if SASS falls under this that is single action six shooter's your DW da SW da and Ruger red hawk, does for they do, they hold more than 3 rounds is double action and has the use of speed loading. The thread topic was sent to me by this site www.nationalgunrights.org... I will say they have moire teeth than the NRA, when they say they will do they do.

edit on 30-6-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit. added link

edit on 30-6-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Yep New World Order in the making.

It was planned way back..take a look at this link.

NWO discussed 1940
edit on 30-6-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Never going to happen. Second sentence, same as the first. Take a breath, relax, think how utterly impossible such a act would be to enact in the US, short of martial law.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by crudos

First they manipulate and over ride all your ammendments......then there's the patriot act and domestic terrorists...where do you think the US is heading??

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Boggles my mind how many people defend their rights to guns. Either give one to everyone or take them all away. I prefer the latter. The only purpose of guns, bombs, missiles etc. is to hurt other human beings. I say ban them all! It just doesn't make sense to me I guess. Patiently waiting for the 'defensive' replies to my post.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

I agree...still cant understand why Americans think its normal to walk around with lethal weapons

edit on 30-6-2011 by Sinny because: Typooooooooo

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Looks like now is the time to get into illegal arms dealing

The business will be booming soon

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by deanGI5

Taking a leaf out the CIA's book?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
All I have to say is; "Good luck with that, UN."

Americans may not be the most politically savvy people on the planet, and our government sure does bend us over on occasion, but its really going to be hard to get Americans to give up their guns. I personally just dont see it happening.

Of all the things they could do to make Americans possibly really revolt, and storm government buildings, that would be it. Maybe after a few more decades of scaring us and gradually taking our freedoms, but the climate in the US right now is already tottering on the verge of.................well, something. I cant quite put my finger on what we are on the verge of, but there is definite tension between the people and government that the media isnt covering, and is trying to gloss over, but, its there.

Im already disappointed at what wussies some Americans are with their "oooooooo protect us by taking all our freedoms from those big scary terrorists," but even though that element is growing here, thanks to the constant fearmongering, we arent even close to being ready to be disarmed.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I cant understand why Brits are scared of everything.

It must be a cultural difference. Or, it might be that America is full of the descendants of people whom the British monarchs deported for being rabble rousing revolutionaries in their home countries, (or just rowdy criminals) and all thats left in Britain are the placid stock.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by crudos

First they manipulate and over ride all your ammendments......then there's the patriot act and domestic terrorists...where do you think the US is heading??

Not down the road your painting. What constitutional rights have been dashed lately? As far as I know, all of them are still in effect. And of course the Patriot Act was/is a terrible idea, yet there's no fortitude to abolish it. Vigilance and information are key to making sure your picture never happens.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

While I don't think the US is the only place with that problem, I don't think anyone can really disagree with it. (Wikipedia - List of countries by gun ownership - I know it is 2007 data but who would've guessed the Swiss would be number 3?)

If you take the world's military forces into account - we have more weapons than people to kill... likely thousands of times over.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

We gave you the nutters and created America! LOL....Sorry Im prejudice I admit. I think the American system is a plague on the world.

ETA: Sorry didnt catch what you meant by the British being scared of everything

Scared of Americans with guns? or NWO? please elaborate

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by crudos

Sorry, thats just what I've been hearing from most Americans on ATS, there kicking up a fuss over a handfull of ammendments at least...but thats just off the top of my head at the moment...When I come across the stories that I mean I'll be sure to post them here for you

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

I agree...still cant understand why Americans think its normal to walk around with lethal weapons

edit on 30-6-2011 by Sinny because: Typooooooooo

And we who do just that can't understand why others think it's normal to walk amongst predators (yes, whether you choose to believe it or not, it is a FACT that there are bad people who routinely prey upon other people) without the ability to defend themselves.

Would they go naked into the woods, knowing there's hungry wolves there?

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic."
Ted Nugent
edit on 30-6-2011 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The guns that are for Hunting are also to protect us. Our founding fathers instilled the 2nd for us to have the ability to fight back agenst the Government if ever needed. Sounds like TJ was right if they try to take
Em well the can have them well after they pry them out of my cold dead hands. We have chosen to keep them so we don't end up like you in the uk no guns no chance of freedom. As long as the criminals have guns Ie cops military gang bangers and regelous nuts give them up I think I'll keep mine till than

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Its quite alright that you are prejudiced. I am too. Although I have met English people I liked just fine, England is the one country I would be glad to go to war with. Again.

Edit to add, and "the American system" is just "the British system" on steroids. You guys were happily doing exactly what we are doing until we got better at it than you.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by crudos

same thing was said about the owner ship of full autos back in the 30's, then it happened no more owner ship with out the FFL just a tax, then there was "i can walk in and by a gun" then it happened need to pass a background check, just a tax,( proof of where you live, how many are in the home, and age and what other types or fire arms do you have. short form) "I can carry my gun " then it happened you need a CC license. Just do not cross state lines, travail with it, or in some cases leave your home with it. For only law abiding people need to get a background check,= tax pay for CC,= tax FFL=,tax. Out laws, and just bad people none required they just get one.= no tax.
Obama's M1 Ban should be a wake up call.
The Ban on pistol grip stocks should be a wake up call it is called freedom of choice.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tmac420

So.....AMERICA is scared of its own government? (that comments for illusionsaregrander)

Not good is all Im saying...we Brits dont fear ours
I trust my armed forces to protect me in a proffesional manner.

Other than that guns promote destruction...and why would anyone wanna do that?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

you never hunt or shoot just for fun? got to ask. Hunting is a true sport. big game, bear, Elk, or Big horn sheep then there is Deer, cougar and coyote, rabbit wild game You vs Nature.
What will happen when people start killing people with knives or rocks ban them too people will kill people so when it goes form one to the next what then ban the human race.

edit on 30-6-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join