It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastors to Host Readings From the Qur'an at Churches across the Country to Display Respect and Comb

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bad Dog

Originally posted by nunya13
There are many peaceful passages in the Qua'ran that even preach tolerance.

They are few and far between compared to the ones that preach violence and intolerance.

Really? Can you show us something to support this? Have you read the Qua'ran and counted the violent versus compared to the peaceful ones? If so, please provide a number and evidence before you go making such claims.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
When it comes right down to it, Christians are commanded to be separate. The bible commands them; "Be ye separate" They are to be sanctified and set apart. The bible also says that they "should not be unequally yoked". So this is not a matter of tolerance or who is right or wrong. It is simply the church leaders fearing man over fearing God. It is the Christian leaders who are being disobedient and the bible states that the punishment of a leader is greater because they are responsible for the guidance of the followers.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet that I know more about islam than most on this forum. I have read the entire koran from back to front as well as every Hadith which was translated by Dr. Muhammand Muhsin Khan and even been to Juma once just to get a better understanding. There are some peaceful muslims out there but the overall message that they teach is not in harmony with the God of Abraham. From my studies I only see hatred towards anyone who does not believe in islam.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
let anyone come into the Christian Churches around
here in the Bible Belt and read from the Quran and see
what happens to them.

They will be ushered out the door.

If it is a pastor or preacher doing it,
they would be fired on the spot.

That stuff won't go around here.
But don't take my word for it,
go ahead and try it, I wanna
watch to see what happens, lol.

And last but not least, the mixing of Christianity
and Islam is the agenda of a Soros funded
entity.

saynsumthn.wordpress.com...

New World Order tactics,
dilute and pollute both religions
til they are no longer an obstacle
to the anti-Christ.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The sentiment is nice but it doesnt mean anything. Christians will still be laughing stock and Muslims will still be unaccepting and violent.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bad Dog

An excellent post by BadDog. He is absolutely right in all that he says, except I think "compassion" is not the pastors' reason---I think it is a combination of financial "incentives" offered by Muslims, who are pouring money into building mosques and trying to convert westerners, fear & craven submission to Muslim whining and bullying, leftwing political correctness, and the evil attempt to establish the NWO global religion, which will apparently be a Global Goddess.

All the male gods of the major religions are being subversively replaced by female goddesses: in China, the "goddess of compassion" Guan Yin, carrying a baby in her arms, has elbowed aside the Buddha in most temples. The new "Lady of All Nations, Formerly Known as Mary" has a new prayer we're all supposed to pray every day, in which Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ Our Lord and Saviour are replaced by the "Lady of All Nations" and the Holy Spirit. Her new image is standing directly in front of the cross, with her bare feet planted firmly on the entire globe, and Jesus Christ nowhere to be seen. Even Muslims have increased their veneration of "Lady Fatima". Even Jewish people apparently invite a mysterious female "Bride" into their homes on certain religious days. Combined with other cults like the "Queen of Heaven" and "Star of the Sea", many reports indicate that the New World Order Global religion will be the worship of a Global Goddess.

BadDog and a few other wise posters are also right in pointing out the evils of Islam: violence, sadism, torture, horrific human sacrifice involving slitting hostages throats and sawing off their heads from the front, while praying to their "god", rape of young boys, girls, and women, paedophilia, throwing homosexuals off high buildings, beheadings, chopping off children's hands for stealing fruit from the market, stoning adulterers, burning down Christian churches and shooting Christians as they run out the door, kidnapping of Christian, Hindu and Buddhist girls for forced conversion and rape, never to be seen again by their parents. What kind of "religion" encourages and condones such depravity?

Then there are the Islam-approved practices like "taqiyya" or deception, lying, cheating and even fake conversions to other faiths---all permitted and even encouraged by Islam in order to further their goal of a Global Caliphate (Glenn Beck was right). Islam fits so well into the NWO plans that all governments are encouraging it in every country. Then there is the satanic element: the black magic rituals generating negative energy, such as the whirling dervishes, who envisage the MOON in one upraised hand, while lowering the other toward Earth and whirling in a satanic counterclockwise rotation, transferring Earth's energy and life force TO THE MOON, which they worship because Allah is in fact a Pagan Moon God. Look at the way they all run naked, underneath their white Mecca robes, seven times counterclockwise around a meteorite stone set in a vulva-shaped sculpture, which they all have to kiss every time round. Chopping off of heads and body parts is also a satanic attempt to trap souls by preventing them from easily ascending---ditto donating body organs---not a good idea, folks.

Please see these websites for further information:

Index of Islamic Infamy
crombouke.blogspot.com...

The Religion of Peace. com

Islam's Progression Through Societies
crossmuslims.blogspot.com...

Allah the Moon God
www.2001translation.com...

Fjordman: Why Islam Must Be Expelled from the West
gatesofvienna.blogspot.com...

Islamists Hate Music, Western Art and Culture
crombouke.blogspot.com...

Finally, someone pointed out that: "Muslims have only two reactions to non-Muslims: Whine & Snarl."

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
reply to post by Bad Dog

All the Muslims I know are peaceful.

Their book is no more outrageous than the Bible.

Christians and Muslims worship the same God.

Maybe a little understanding would be helpful.

You couldn't be any further from the truth and evidently have never read the Quran or Hardif . Islam has one goal and that is one world religion under their Sharia law . The only way to heaven in Islam is to die or kill fighting for Allah aka Satan. I can care less wether you believe me or not but i will ask you to remember what I have written here. The muslims believe that Jesus will lead them to this one world religion and a good Christian should know that the Antichrist or Instead of christ comes first. Satan when cast from heaven on the sixth trump will come to earth saying he is Jesus and he will be very convincing. Satan will work all sorts of miracles to fool many and his army will be Islam to force those he did not fool into submission or death by beheading just like the book of revelation says. This will all occur soon, within our lifetimes because the signs telling us the tribulation has began are increasing at an expedential pace.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
If the churches are sincerely reaching out, who can condemn that act?

GOD and He will.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godsontoo

You couldn't be any further from the truth and evidently have never read the Quran or Hardif . Islam has one goal and that is one world religion under their Sharia law . The only way to heaven in Islam is to die or kill fighting for Allah aka Satan. I can care less wether you believe me or not but i will ask you to remember what I have written here. The muslims believe that Jesus will lead them to this one world religion and a good Christian should know that the Antichrist or Instead of christ comes first. Satan when cast from heaven on the sixth trump will come to earth saying he is Jesus and he will be very convincing. Satan will work all sorts of miracles to fool many and his army will be Islam to force those he did not fool into submission or death by beheading just like the book of revelation says. This will all occur soon, within our lifetimes because the signs telling us the tribulation has began are increasing at an expedential pace.

Wow , someone should write a book like that and turn it into a film. It's a great fantasy story!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Why does it seem that most of the people who complain the loudest about the violence of islam are bible believing evangelicals? Do alot of evangelicals not read the old testament or just stay quiet about the fact that it is equally violent? In the old testament the israelites had to kill alot of people as they claimed the promised land. Look at the heroes of the bible. David slew Goliath, but then they leave the part out that he cut his head off and took it back to his village and showed everyone. Samson killed hundreds of men in battle. God ordered the israelites at times to kill men, women and children. At other times they were under orders to keep virgins and children as slaves. Maybe they were the originators of the muslim virginity test haha, ok thats not funny. Anyway, the quran isnt anymore violent or aggressive than the bible. By the way, who has been in whos land for the past 2 decades?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by modeerftahw

First of all, you are absolutely right that the "Lord of Hosts" of the Old Testament was shockingly cruel, jealous and brutal in punishing the slightest transgression, even blasting to death two young men who tried to offer the wrong recipe for incense, to say nothing of bashing babies heads against rocks. This is the reason so many Christians have left the faith. This is also the reason many Christians REJECT the Old Testament and believe only in the loving, joyful, compassionate Heavenly Father of the New Testament.

Secondly, UNLIKE Muslim imams, no Christian priests or pastors encourage Christians to commit violent acts of murder, rape, paedophilia, hostage taking, crashing airplanes into skyscrapers and cheering at killing thousands of people, human sacrifice of captives, stoning, beheading, chopping off hands, or any of the rest of it TODAY, nor have they ever in the past!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This could be because the churches know that soon they may all be proven to be false so they are going to possibly going to merge thus increasing their credibility.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I disagree, I follow Christ not just God so in their denial of Him as the son of God they deny our religion so not "the same God" Christian= followers of Christ www.foxnews.com...

'Now I lay them in the dirt to keep.
I pray the Lord their souls to reap.
If they all die before my sights
Then Trijicon has made them right. Amen"...
Know your enemy to more easily defeat him??

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bad Dog

These are the idiot, self loathing "christians" that want everyone to know "they love you".

aaawwwww. sweet.

"now come here nice pseudo christian. put your head on this little piece of wood"......CHOP!

SUSHI , ITS WHATS FOR DINNER

I've no use for the folks. They go to these emotionally driven mega-god plex's and feel "sooooo good". They are taught (per 501c3 pastors) that Jesus was all meek and mild.

HORSE EXCREMENT! Remember the Temple? JC GOT PISSED AND WRECKED THE JOINT!

If a church has more than about 150 - 200 folks in it, I have doubts about it. too much money running in the trays and too little god.

As far as reading the quran? I'd like to go to a mosque and read a few lines from a few of my religious texts. Thats not likely to happen though.

hmmmm. not very tolerant of me is it?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well stated my brother.

s and virtual f

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bad Dog
Human Rights First Press Release

Washington, D.C. – Christian clergy at churches across the country will host readings from the Qur’an and other sacred religious texts as they welcome their Muslim and Jewish colleagues on Sunday, June 26, 2011 for Faith Shared: Uniting in Prayer and Understanding. Faith Shared is a project of Interfaith Alliance and Human Rights First, which seeks to send a message both here at home and to the Arab and Muslim world about our respect for Islam. The National Cathedral in Washington, DC, along with 50 churches in 26 states have committed to participating in this effort. Other participating churches include Christ Church in New York City and All Saints Church in Pasadena, Calif.

This link has a listing of churches involved. The list scrolls on the right side.

A response with opposite view point can be found here - One step closer to a one world religion

The title of the press release is that the reason the Christian churches will be reading out of the Qur'an is to 'display respect and combat anti-muslim bigotry'. I don't know how they expect to combat anti-muslim bigotry by reading from their holy book. The muslim 'holy book' isn't exactly a peaceful book. The pastors involved will probably cherry pick the readings and only read those that are calm and that were stolen from the Christian faith to begin with.

This is a form of religious suicide. Islam itself doesn't tolerate infidels or non-muslim religions. These pastors are promoting something that wants to be rid of Christianity. I understand their compassion, but in this case it appears to be misplaced and it's suicidal.

One of the articles Pope Benedict. A few years back he went to a Muslim mosque in Turkey and bowed to Mecca. That is something no Christian would do. He was validating a religion that doesn't tolerate Christianity. Was this misplaced compassion on his part? Was it just stupidity? Was it him helping to usher in the NWO One World Religion?

Are these Christian pastors exercising misplaced compassion or are they dupes of the NWO One World Religion? We can't see what is in their hearts and they may indeed by acting on compassion, even though they can't see that their validation of Islam is religious suicide for themselves. This is something to watch in the future to see how it unfolds.

I don't hate anyone of other religions, but what would Jesus think of this? As Christians we honour only one God, the true God - just reading revelations the other day I see now what is happening and God is not going to be pleased by these churches doing this.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
I'm willing to bet that I know more about islam than most on this forum. I have read the entire koran from back to front as well as every Hadith which was translated by Dr. Muhammand Muhsin Khan and even been to Juma once just to get a better understanding. There are some peaceful muslims out there but the overall message that they teach is not in harmony with the God of Abraham. From my studies I only see hatred towards anyone who does not believe in islam.

Glad to know that someone here in ATS know more about islam, more than most on this forum even. I guess you already master the general 7 tools to read quran such sorof, nahu, bayan, mantek,sapiah,alfiah until tasawuf. And i guess you master too about identified true or false hadith with more than one sulukh to learn. Know a lot about aqli and maqasid.
You sir can become an ulama easily then.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

They don't worship the same god. Christians have a triune god. Muslims have Allah. Christians worship Jesus. Muslims do not. But yes, a little understanding would be helpful. Understanding on how exactly Islam really got started and how it does not tolerate the Christian faith. Instead of cherry picking nice readings out of the Qur'an, perhaps those pastors should read up on what Islam thinks of them and their faith.

I'm sorry to say this to you..
I'm in fact a Muslim.. And read the Qur'an many times..
if you say Muslims AND Islam did not tolerate Christian faith, well here is some facts..
1. Prophet Muhammad SAW wife, Siti Khadijah, has a sister.. and her sister is a DEVOTED CHRISTIAN.. and The Prophet said in the Hadith that he saw the sister of his wife in his dream, live happily in heaven
2. One of Prophet's Sahhabah, AKA followers, was converted to Christian
3. Read about the history of Sultan Saladdin
4. Read the Early Spanish-Ottoman empire
5. Read the truth about the Shariah law, and the PROTECTED non-Muslims by the Muslims. ( I can't help to say this, but most of the Shariah laws nowadays are corrupted.. :p)
and lastly, try to look out, is the muslims attacked christian first? or vise verse??

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by maung

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Glad to know that someone here in ATS know more about islam, more than most on this forum even. I guess you already master the general 7 tools to read quran such sorof, nahu, bayan, mantek,sapiah,alfiah until tasawuf. And i guess you master too about identified true or false hadith with more than one sulukh to learn. Know a lot about aqli and maqasid.
You sir can become an ulama easily then.

I'm not saying that I know everything about islam, but I have been studying it for more than 10 years. I had alot of friends that are true muslims so I learned alot from them. I'm not involved that deeply anymore, but I still have a ton of hand written notes from 1998 on the history of Muhammad, to what the real story is behind the Kabba. If I pointed out some of the darker secrets of islam I think it would just piss people off. I had started a book called "Message to Muslims" but I have just never followed up with it.

I'm always up for a good debate on the subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join