It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastors to Host Readings From the Qur'an at Churches across the Country to Display Respect and Comb

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Human Rights First Press Release

Washington, D.C. – Christian clergy at churches across the country will host readings from the Qur’an and other sacred religious texts as they welcome their Muslim and Jewish colleagues on Sunday, June 26, 2011 for Faith Shared: Uniting in Prayer and Understanding. Faith Shared is a project of Interfaith Alliance and Human Rights First, which seeks to send a message both here at home and to the Arab and Muslim world about our respect for Islam. The National Cathedral in Washington, DC, along with 50 churches in 26 states have committed to participating in this effort. Other participating churches include Christ Church in New York City and All Saints Church in Pasadena, Calif.

This link has a listing of churches involved. The list scrolls on the right side.

A response with opposite view point can be found here - One step closer to a one world religion

The title of the press release is that the reason the Christian churches will be reading out of the Qur'an is to 'display respect and combat anti-muslim bigotry'. I don't know how they expect to combat anti-muslim bigotry by reading from their holy book. The muslim 'holy book' isn't exactly a peaceful book. The pastors involved will probably cherry pick the readings and only read those that are calm and that were stolen from the Christian faith to begin with.

This is a form of religious suicide. Islam itself doesn't tolerate infidels or non-muslim religions. These pastors are promoting something that wants to be rid of Christianity. I understand their compassion, but in this case it appears to be misplaced and it's suicidal.

One of the articles Pope Benedict. A few years back he went to a Muslim mosque in Turkey and bowed to Mecca. That is something no Christian would do. He was validating a religion that doesn't tolerate Christianity. Was this misplaced compassion on his part? Was it just stupidity? Was it him helping to usher in the NWO One World Religion?

Are these Christian pastors exercising misplaced compassion or are they dupes of the NWO One World Religion? We can't see what is in their hearts and they may indeed by acting on compassion, even though they can't see that their validation of Islam is religious suicide for themselves. This is something to watch in the future to see how it unfolds.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bad Dog

All the Muslims I know are peaceful.

Their book is no more outrageous than the Bible.

Christians and Muslims worship the same God.

Maybe a little understanding would be helpful.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
We keep hearing about this "bigotry". This word more now than ever is used to frame up anything that fails to agree or to allow their personal world to be influenced by outside definitions. Thus the meaning has changed. It used to imply ignorance but now is used against anyone that wont buy the offical version or be moved by it otherwise.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Logarock because: sp

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I remember them doing something like this before and I am just as sick now as I was then. While I do respect other peoples faith I think this is going a little to far. Why would a Christian want to pray with a Muslim or vice verse? Those pastors should be ashamed of them self, I wouldn't call these guys real pastors, but imposters of the faith. No real Christian or Muslim would ever agree to such a thing, these people are clearly blind and not sure what they believe in.

This is very disturbing.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bad Dog
Human Rights First Press Release

This link has a listing of churches involved. The list scrolls on the right side.

I don't know how they expect to combat anti-muslim bigotry by reading from their holy book. The muslim 'holy book' isn't exactly a peaceful book.
The pastors involved will probably cherry pick the readings and only read those that are calm and that were stolen from the Christian faith to begin with.

This is a form of religious suicide. Islam itself doesn't tolerate infidels or non-muslim religions. These pastors are promoting something that wants to be rid of Christianity. I understand their compassion, but in this case it appears to be misplaced and it's suicidal.

That is something no Christian would do. He was validating a religion that doesn't tolerate Christianity. Was this misplaced compassion on his part? Was it just stupidity? Was it him helping to usher in the NWO One World Religion?

i'm sorry, have you actually read the Quran, or are you just paraphrasing the local news' opinion on muslims this week? I myself have read the Torah, Bible, and Quran various times, and i don't see the where the non peaceful parts are that you so heavily emphasized.

"Islam" tolerates ANYONE willing to learn about God. The Quran itself says various times that all holy books came from the same Entity, and anyone who is a firm believer regardless of their chosen religion will be in the Kingdom of God.

its sad that instead of basing your formed opinion on fact, you'd rather paraphrase whatever you have dedicated your time to learning, and clearly do not know enough on either christianity or Islam to comment. people need to stop the labeling and realize the sooner PEOPLE come together quietly, to worship God together, then i don't see the problem. ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT is a different story.

thanks for the informative post.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
reply to post by Bad Dog

All the Muslims I know are peaceful.

Their book is no more outrageous than the Bible.

i completely agree.

all i wonder is have any of you actually READ the Quran to speak so freely on something you obviously know nothing about? at least inform yourself before just typing whatever MSM has fed you since birth. would you come unprepared to a test?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
I remember them doing something like this before and I am just as sick now as I was then. While I do respect other peoples faith I think this is going a little to far. Why would a Christian want to pray with a Muslim or vice verse? Those pastors should be ashamed of them self, I wouldn't call these guys real pastors, but imposters of the faith. No real Christian or Muslim would ever agree to such a thing, these people are clearly blind and not sure what they believe in.

This is very disturbing.

Your comments are disturbing on so many levels.

"Why would a Christian want to pray with a Muslim or vice verse?"

"I wouldn't call these guys real pastors, but imposters of the faith."

"This is very disturbing."

I would agree with your last comment...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bad Dog

There is nothing wrong with this and some should read "their" entire book to see the tru messages within the Quran as the Bible and other books carry the same messages. Its unity

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Been there done that,

Have been to church and prayed with and for Muslim friends, in years past.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

They don't worship the same god. Christians have a triune god. Muslims have Allah. Christians worship Jesus. Muslims do not. But yes, a little understanding would be helpful. Understanding on how exactly Islam really got started and how it does not tolerate the Christian faith. Instead of cherry picking nice readings out of the Qur'an, perhaps those pastors should read up on what Islam thinks of them and their faith.

Compassion is great. Tolerance is wonderful. But this is misplaced and gives a false picture of a major religion. It white washes over the fact that Islam does not tolerate Christianity. It white washes over the fact that Islam got started with faked visions. Supposedly, Christianity isn't supposed to uphold false visionaries and 'wrong' religions. Supposedly it's supposed to promote truth.

Supposedly.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Bad Dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
What a whole bunch of crap and hypocrisy,

We are invading two Muslim countries and on top of that we are bombing the hell of a third one, and now our propagandist wants people to be nice and respect those we are killing in numbers while reading their holy book.

They can all kiss my Latino butt and then dive in the nearest volcano for sacrifice.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
What a whole bunch of crap and hypocrisy,

We are invading two Muslim countries and on top of that we are bombing the hell of a third one, and now our propagandist wants people to be nice and respect those we are killing in numbers while reading their holy book.

They can all kiss my Latino butt and then dive in the nearest volcano for sacrifice.

Who is we?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here it comes!!!
The melding of all religions into a One World Religion to go with their New World Order.

TPTB have to keep this thing going in order to keep people ignorant and under the old fear-based control that has worked so successfully for thousands of years.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Here it comes!!!
The melding of all religions into a One World Religion to go with their New World Order.

TPTB have to keep this thing going in order to keep people ignorant and under the old fear-based control that has worked so successfully for thousands of years.

Possible

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

This is very disturbing.

Your comments are disturbing on so many levels.

"Why would a Christian want to pray with a Muslim or vice verse?"

"I wouldn't call these guys real pastors, but imposters of the faith."

"This is very disturbing."

I would agree with your last comment...

And your point is? You didn't answer the question.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Who is we?

And your point is?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Islam refutes the idea that Jesus Christ was crucified on the cross. They believe that God spared His messenger from such an ignominious death and later took Him up to Himself. For Christians, the death of Jesus Christ on the cross is the focal point of all that they believe. The only way for man to be reconciled to a Holy God is for the ultimate price to be paid. Christians believe that Jesus Christ paid the ultimate price by shedding His blood. Without that precious act, Christians remain hopeless and in sin. "In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness" (Hebrews 9:22).

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by visinequeen
have you actually read the Quran,

Yes. Have you? Both the Qur'an and the bible are full of violence and intolerance.

The bottom line is that the Christian Churches involved in this may think they are being compassionate, but they are just being politically correct. They are doing the bidding of the NWO One World Religion. According to Christianity, the Qur'an is not anything holy and was just invented by a liar. According to Christianity, a Christian pastor should not lead his or her flock astray. By reading from what Christianity calls a false book, that pastor is indeed leading his or her flock astray. Teaching compassion is great, but pastors are misrepresenting Islam to those who look to him or her for guidance.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by visinequeen

"Islam" tolerates ANYONE willing to learn about God. The Quran itself says various times that all holy books came from the same Entity, and anyone who is a firm believer regardless of their chosen religion will be in the Kingdom of God.

Thats fine but there are many that dont believe these books came form the same Entity. And not becouse we have anything against the Quran for frivolous reasons. And please consider this in its proper light....we dont have to allow the Quran to be read from our pulpits to show some expanded understanding of God. You may want that but many consider what you want very presumptuous.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
From the christian perspective, all these "pastors" should be given a choice to repent, or be excommunicated from the church. What they are doing is blasphemous and heretical.

The new testament does not teach violence, but it does not teach tolerance either. Unless you are reconciled to God through the shed blood of Christ, you are a heathen, and you are lost. To the christian, it's that simple.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join