It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastors to Host Readings From the Qur'an at Churches across the Country to Display Respect and Comb

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
ALL must keep in mind ALL the great books have been touched and smeared with filth to prevent TRUTH. with that in mind some of the data is intentionally minipulated added and subtracted from. this is why WE cannot get along-INTENTIONAL- So there is possibility for things to work out between many. As long as WE ALL remeber some of the data has been touched it should help to mend the grey areas of misunderstanding.

Be Well

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Who is we?

And your point is?

Thought you had a mouse in your pocket,

There have been a few times in the history of this magnificent(cough) planet where Muslims, Christians and Jews have lived peacefully, side by side, for short periods of time,

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If the churches are sincerely reaching out, who can condemn that act?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Somewhere in the world, a Muslim person is saying the same exact thing as the OP.

"This is heretical! How dare they take our book and read it like it was their own" yadda yadda...

Look, I don't know what all this one world religion strangeness is coming from, but I as a Muslim don't give a damn who reads what. It's a mans heart that matters. What they do with their hands might very well be, diplomacy. (i.e politics, and I would definitely take it as such)

Oh and according to the Quran, God is All Fair, meaning He would not let any human carry the burden of another humans sin. According to us Muslims, thats beyond unfair. Hope that clears out why we don't worship Jesus.
edit on 30-6-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I was pulling your leg you know,
I agree, if it wasn't for greed we could be just a wonderful world, but greed, wars and the need to conquer is in our genes, even the ancient Gods and God encouraged wars.

I just see the whole issue as a big hypocrisy, but if it makes some people feel better good for them, in my case I just roll my Latino big eyes on them.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Um just sayen do any really think the creator would create some of you then pick favorites. After teaching us about favoritisim. I think GOD wants his children to work together. Call his offspring what you wish as long as its known they are creations of the creator... You are creations of the creator, so why act like every one is seperate keeping these segragating issues ongoing...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Soooo very much uninformed. How do you figure that muslims and Christians worship the same God? Show me the evidence to back up this preposterous claim. Read this:
english.aljazeera.net...

This is from a muslim news organization that says that the word allah is strictly for muslims, meaning that they believe that allah is their god only. How then do we worship the same god? The muslim allah has pagan roots anyhow. He was their moon god back in the day.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
These pastors are total idiots.

Each and every one of them should be defrocked and sent to live out the remainder of their lives in the house the love best. The House of Islam. Let them pratice what the muslims preach and see how much they enjoy it.

Let them practice jihad. On school children. Like the muslims did to the kids of Beslan.

The pastors are stupid, ignorant men leading their flocks to slaughter on the altar of an alien god.

The Promise of Islam as Witnessed by the Children of Beslan:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/795f31241e0b.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 30-6-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I agree with you there.

However, when a bunch of these creations claim things like: "God put the burden of one mans sin on another and made him bleed for it" and you know in your heart of hearts that this sort of goes against the very idea of fairness and equality, someone has to speak up and say it. No?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I can. They are ignorant men who willingly leap into the arms of jihad.

Let them live Islam. Like the children of Beslan lived it.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

Soooo very much uninformed. How do you figure that muslims and Christians worship the same God? Show me the evidence to back up this preposterous claim. Read this:
english.aljazeera.net...

This is from a muslim news organization that says that the word allah is strictly for muslims, meaning that they believe that allah is their god only. How then do we worship the same god? The muslim allah has pagan roots anyhow. He was their moon god back in the day.

Great find! Great job posting some crazy group of peoples ideas as if its as generalized as they come.

What ignorance.

And what do you think the Christian Arabs call God with?

Muslims will never ever claim that Allah is THEIR God. The belief is that Allah is the creator of everything. The very word Allah comes from ILAH, meaning 'god' but with an AL- for THE as in , THE GOD.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Allah was one of many deities worshiped at the Kabbah in pre-Islamic Arabia.

Allah is a deity unrelated to the God of the Jews and Christians.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus

and you know in your heart of hearts that this sort of goes against the very idea of fairness and equality, someone has to speak up and say it. No?

In my heart yes I feel its wrong this is why I say the data has been touched and WE have to act like mature adults with clear minds to be able to see the deception planted in these books to keep everyone feeling that what they do is right and others wrong due to their belief in GOD of only them and not ALL. I think when many can see GOD of ALL the issues of segration will dissolve into past but for now its brotheren against brothern down to die for GOD. Its sad what been done. Universally if observed I can understand how SOME ET or ALIENS lol at the species abroad. OTHER ET orALIENS may see we are missdirected and eventually intervine.

Be well

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bad Dog

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Christians and Muslims worship the same God.
Maybe a little understanding would be helpful.

They don't worship the same god.

Supposedly.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Bad Dog because: (no reason given)

We don't worship the same God?

You could not be more wrong.

It's just a question of Prophets.

Jesus or Muhammad. Take your pick.

But, we do worship the same God.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
While it would be nice if all religions could either get along it doesn't seem possible as each doesn't seem to be able to play nice amongst themselves let alone with others.

I must add that I do not subscribe to the notion that the 3 faiths share the same god.. at times I am unsure if each shares the same god amongst themselves.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
How do you grow unless you understand one another,

I started a topic on this, I think it fits in a sense,

Famed Buddhist tells West: 'Look to Jesus'

The world's second most famous Buddhist is heading to Vancouver this summer with a message that may resonate among West Coast residents, who are on the front line of blending Western and Asian spiritualities.

Vietnamese Zen monk Thich Nhat Hanh, a peace and environmental activist second only to the Dalai Lama in global renown, doesn't want all North Americans to become Buddhists.

Thich Nhat Hanh, author of scores of books, is happy if Christians remain Christians, Sikhs stay with Sikhism and atheists hold onto secular humanism.

However, the 84-year-old monk urges all people to engage in inter-spiritual dialogue. He believes it will strengthen their commitment to their own founders' authentic teachings.

While Buddhists make up one of the fastest-growing religions in B.C., self-described Christians remain the largest cohort - comprising about 54 per cent of the provincial population, according to the last census.

I thought this might be of interest to those practicing Buddhist, that were not born into it, Thich Nhat Hanh, once commented that if you are born into Christian religion that is the path you should follow this life time, and discourages changing religions.
communities.canada.com...

I have studies Buddhism, and I think it taught me a lot, perhaps made me a better more open minded christian, I have studied many different religions, I guess it is all about the individuals journey,

If you are truly following the way, then love and forgiveness is the only answer.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus

However, when a bunch of these creations claim things like: "God put the burden of one mans sin on another and made him bleed for it" and you know in your heart of hearts that this sort of goes against the very idea of fairness and equality, someone has to speak up and say it. No?

Can you explain this in greater detail? Just because something goes against our form of thinking doesn't mean it is not true. It troubles me that man thinks so highly of himself. But when it comes to God this verse makes the most sense to me:

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways", Says the LORD. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9.

God is smarter than us whether we like it or not.
edit on 30-6-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
While it would be nice if all religions could either get along it doesn't seem possible as each doesn't seem to be able to play nice amongst themselves let alone with others.

I must add that I do not subscribe to the notion that the 3 faiths share the same god.. at times I am unsure if each shares the same god amongst themselves.

But we can play nice, I have told this story before on the forum the Christian, and Jewish community came together in our community to help rebuild a mosque that was burned down,

There are moments
edit on 113030p://bThursday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
reply to post by nusnus

Allah was one of many deities worshiped at the Kabbah in pre-Islamic Arabia.

Allah is a deity unrelated to the God of the Jews and Christians.

My my, you have done your homework havent you?

Yes, you are absolutely right. Allah was one of the 'gods' the Arabs worshipped in the Pre-Islamic era.

BUT, they also worshipped statues as smaller gods who they thought actually helped the MAIN god.

When the messenger Muhammad asked these people, don't you believe in God the Creator of everything? they would say YES, but they would not stop associating other entities with Him, making the whole concept of UNITY, benign. They would reject the whole ONE GOD concept because their system rested on the capitalism of the statues. Whoever controlled the statues would control the tribes. Corruption at its best. So God sent a messenger to set these people straight. Ofcourse from a Christian person's point of view, this messenger was unnecessary and I will not expect you to believe this. But if you come out and claim something totally different than what I was taught in school I will set you straight. Because thats called spreading lies, get my drift?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

We do not worship the same God. That is a very absurd statement. The allah of the muslims was their moon god. Historians say that pre-Islamic Arabs worshipped the moon-god by bowing in prayer toward Mecca several times a day. They would also make a pilgrimage to Mecca, run around the Kabah seven times and throw stones at the devil. And they fasted for one month, which began with the appearance of the crescent moon and ended when the crescent moon reappeared.

These same rites form the core of Islam today: Muslims bow in prayer toward Mecca; they make a pilgrimage to Mecca and run around the Kabah seven times; and they still throw stones at the devil. They also observe the fast of Ramadan, which begins and ends with the crescent moon.

Moreover, the ancient symbol of the pagan moon-god, the crescent moon, is the official symbol of Islam; it appears on the flags of Muslim countries, as well as on the tops of mosques and minarets everywhere. They had some 360 pagan gods.
Christianity is rooted in Christ, the Son of God. Not a moon God.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join