It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck and Family Attacked in New York’s Bryant Park

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hate the man if you must, but when a family cannot enjoy an evening out in America because of political leanings, then something is dreadfully wrong.

On his broadcast on GBTV this morning, a somber Glenn Beck tells the story of how his family was heckled in New York’s Bryant Park yesterday evening.

They had gone to the park to watch the Alfred Hitchcock film The 39 steps. Beck says he is a very big Hitchcock fan. Apparently, a group of people surrounding the Becks decided to act up a bit. Here’s how Beck describes the event himself –

It was a hostile situation…Long story short, somebody kicked a cup of wine intentionally on my wife’s back, so she was completely wet, our blanket was wet. As my daughter and my wife went to go to use the restroom, they were about, i dunno, a quarter of a block away I guess…some guy stood up and pointed their fingers at them and said “We hate conservatives here.”

People were taking pictures of my family. You can take pictures of me, make me into a monster, but please leave my family out of it.

Beck then references “one site” that’s “especially horrible.” It looks like he is referring to this Gawker article from last night. He says that they have put his family “in jeopardy in their own home.” He then references part of the commentary of the article that says “of course it’s a red white and blue blanket.” The Gawker post with the photos says that “they sat (of course!) on an American-flag blanket.

Beck Attack

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
That is awesome!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEndIsNear421

It's awesome that his family was attacked?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

What else would you expect from the group that preaches inclusion and tolerance?
What would you expect from the people that decry the use of guns but would resort to violence if it's in their own interests?
What would you expect from the same people that'll berrate a family but preach muslim forgiveness?

I'm not surprized. I expect nothing else from them.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

It was a hostile situation…Long story short, somebody kicked a cup of wine intentionally on my wife’s back, so she was completely wet, our blanket was wet. As my daughter and my wife went to go to use the restroom, they were about, i dunno, a quarter of a block away I guess…some guy stood up and pointed their fingers at them and said “We hate conservatives here.”

I'm sorry, but in this volatile state our nation is in--and given the nature of Mr. Beck's dialogue--I don't know why he expects anything less. When you are a celebrity who makes controversial statements on national radio and television, you probably shouldn't assume you can take your family for a day in the park like the average Joe and not garner some attention of this kind. You play, you pay. His wife and kids certainly didn't do anything to deserve that, so maybe Mr. Beck should think about that.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

They weren't attacked. They had wine thrown on them, and they were heckled.

Did he think he wouldn't draw attention?

He knows who he is right?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I'm sorry, but in this volatile state our nation is in--and given the nature of Mr. Beck's dialogue--I don't know why he expects anything less. When you are a celebrity who makes controversial statements on national radio and television, you probably shouldn't assume you can take your family for a day in the park like the average Joe and not garner some attention of this kind. You play, you pay. His wife and kids certainly didn't do anything to deserve that, so maybe Mr. Beck should think about that.

And I'm sorry, but there is no justification for acting like hoodlum thugs. None.

And I have to say this - this kind of behavior is the exclusive domain of the leftist liberals. Never do you hear of conservatives acting like this. Democrats should be ashamed of what their party has degenerated into.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

They weren't attacked. They had wine thrown on them, and they were heckled.

Did he think he wouldn't draw attention?

He knows who he is right?

Throwing wine on his wife is assault, end of story.

I cannot believe that you defend this. Your hatred is blinding you.

And what's worse is, someone starred your post.
edit on 29-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
ya, sad.

watched glen today.

i would have taken that person out big time but i'm not beck (who is a good target for law suits) i got nothing to loose.

frikin leftie buttmunchers, they will start the war.

all new yoorkah's are crude. watch any tv show.

celtic's rule and knick's drool!!

that is what is going on as normal in the states, bachman, palin et al;

what's next lefties? outright violence? as if this wasn't.

beatings and lynchings in the streets? just kidding lefties!

naw, keep it down to libel and slander. ya, that's the ticket!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Not buying this account one bit.

some guy stood up and pointed their fingers at them and said “We hate conservatives here.”

Who the hell yells that at anyone? That could not sound more made up. I am having "B" lady flashbacks.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

progressive/liberal tree huggers of course!

whom do you think yells that?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
And I have to say this - this kind of behavior is the exclusive domain of the leftist liberals. Never do you hear of conservatives acting like this. Democrats should be ashamed of what their party has degenerated into.

That is such a weak little lie. No party has sole domain on heckling and acting like a thug. Please do not make me whip out the videos and articles. If you want anyone to feel sorry for Beck, you should set your partisan blinders down just this once and attempt to come at the story from a factual point of view. Are you capable of that?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Any person who intentionally attacks my family will either end up in the morgue or the hospital. My political views are protected by the US Constitution - acts of random violence are not.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

What else would you expect from the group that preaches inclusion and tolerance?

What would you expect from the people that decry the use of guns but would resort to violence if it's in their own interests?
What would you expect from the same people that'll berrate a family but preach muslim forgiveness?

Who is this mysterious "them" that you are talking about?
Freedom loving Americans? Clumsy people? Heckled is not attacked.

Since when are "inclusion" and "tolerance" dirty words to be thrown around like insults?
Beck is a media darling. He has to put up with attention from his fans and his critics alike. Just like everyone else on television. Pick a new profession Glenn, if you can't handle the audience.
edit on 29-6-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

That is such a weak little lie. No party has sole domain on heckling and acting like a thug.

True. But the progressive liberals have made an art form (golly possible NEA grant!) out of intimidation, protest, fear-mongering, name-calling and hatred.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Kitilani

progressive/liberal tree huggers of course!

whom do you think yells that?

No, no one yells that. I could see some vulgar name or "neo-con shill" or media whore or you know, something derogatory. True conservatism is not hated. The people that wear its mask and do the dirty work of others are. I have never in my life heard anyone say they hated "conservatives." No one says stupid things like that. If you are going to yell angrily, the last thing you are going to call Beck is a "conservative." You believe it though because Beck says that is what happened. So much for denying ignorance.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Whatever you say. The next time a Glenn Beck listener gets caught planting bombs at a local mosque, I will remember how un-intimidating they were.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by beezzer

Who is this mysterious "them" that you are talking about?
Freedom loving Americans? Clumsy people? Heckled is not attacked.

And since when is inclusion and tolerance dirty words to be thrown out as insults?!
Beck is a media darling. He has to put up with attention from his fans and his critics alike. Just like everyone else on television. Pick a new profession Glenn, if you can't handle the audience.
edit on 29-6-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)
Yeah Glenn! Pick a new profession if you value the safety of your family!!!

ARE YOU SERIOUS???

I guess in todays America, you aren't free to have a difference of opinion. I sure as hell see where this is going!

edit on 29-6-2011 by beezzer because: error

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
What are you talking about?
edit on 29-6-2011 by Byrd because: Moderator edit -- contains material "mannered" for rudeness.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join