It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck and Family Attacked in New York’s Bryant Park

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by newcovenant

nothing at all!

save a tree eat a beaver!

but this is ot.

i just wonder how close that person was to death, if glen had security with him.

think you could kick a glass of wine on michelle and live to tell about it?

I bet Glenn always has security with him.
I imagine he gets the occasional death threat.

re Michelle? No...well maybe. They are sort of laid back.
Obama's anywhere outside of the Pope-mobile is "laid back" to me.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

You're right, by golly. I should have used "heck". Mea Culpa.

Trees. They make bats (primary function) so liberal union thugs can knee-cap innocent people.

There. Hope, that cleared things up for you.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Despite what happened to Beck and his family and how disgusting it was, this thread is pretty funny. "It's messed up what happened to Beck. Screw the liberal left! This is expected of those tree-huggers! I'd beat them up! Etc etc!" As if people in this thread saying stuff like that are any less contentious and less wanting to heckle people they don't agree with.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

I'm still waiting for a lefty to say what a terrible thing it was. If people can't talk and have to resort to this kind of thing, then this year and next are going to be a hoot!

By golly.
(gotta watch my swears around here)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Liberals never cease to amaze me. Because Beck has a Radio and tv show, they throw wine on his wife?
Pansies only have the nads to attack a women who has nothing to do with his shows. Amazing.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

you know the drill.

get the soap!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I wonder how it will be twisted to put the blame on Obama and the "left". I feel sorry for Mrs. Beck and lil Beck though. It's not their fault he's a controversial douche.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm politically neutral, but I'll speak on behalf of all the reasonable Democrats. The event that took place with Beck and his family was deplorable. The people who heckled him and his family should be ashamed of themselves.

I feel a little like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton after having said that. Maybe with this issue officially resolved, now Republicans and Democrats can put their differences aside and stop messing this country up bit by bit.
edit on 29-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

thank you, but you are neutral and the left needs to do the apologies.

they don't and won't.

why? i don't know. common decency, where did it go?

open season on anyone ya don't like? sounds like it.

hit the family, ya, that's the ticket.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbc650mike
I wonder how it will be twisted to put the blame on Obama and the "left".

Because it was people on the "left" that did it.
Blame Obama? How? He was probably golfing or raising re-election funds in the White House.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I can't stand Beck, and I hate democrats and republicans. How do you know it wasn't an independent? It's not good to classify millions of people based on the actions or words of 1 person.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I don't really understand why a person who alleges to be a Democrat online needs to denounce the actions of a few idiots. I don't really know what it would achieve or why it even matters. Anybody with a little respect for other people can realize how insane in the membrane it is to randomly go around tossing wine or other liquids that can stain onto strangers. But it isn't as if every democrat is biologically tied together by some type of political umbilical cord, and it isn't like it'd make a difference if a true Democrat said "this was disgusting."

The people who were intentionally trying to antagonize democrats wouldn't take back what they said.

I mean, if I had said that I was a Democrat rather than saying I was politically neutral, would that have somehow made everything okay? I'll go back and edit my post! (Just kidding)

People just like to be contentious.
edit on 29-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
No matter where you stand on this issue...name-calling is wrong and in the end only adds credibility to the other side. Instead of name-calling back up your beliefs with facts.

What happened to Mr. Beck and his family was wrong...plain and simply wrong.

I have read posts here saying heckling is not assault and I agree. To many in the public eye it is something that comes with the territory...but that does not make it feel less like a verbal assault. However when it comes to his family it might as well be an assault. Put yourself in a family members shoes or remember a time when you were verbally attacked...especially to a point where wine ends up all over your shirt. That might as well be an assault/attack, there is no way around that. Take the names off the people and see it from a generic point...assault is assault.

Mr Beck has a right to go anywhere he wants just as all the rest of us can...he has a right to believe what he wants and keep in whatever occupation he wants without feeling threatened by others.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I can't stand Beck, and I hate democrats and republicans. How do you know it wasn't an independent? It's not good to classify millions of people based on the actions or words of 1 person.

I get classified over what a conservative says.
Sorry you can't stand Beck, just don't watch him.
But attack his wife?
Tacky.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Blame Obama? How? He was probably golfing or raising re-election funds in the White House.

They could have been self-loathing conservatives.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist

They could have been ninjas with underwear from Fredericks of Hollywood with speech impediments.

But they weren't.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Throwing wine on his wife is assault, end of story.

I cannot believe that you defend this. Your hatred is blinding you.

And what's worse is, someone starred your post.

Well, you don't know why it was starred though. He did have one valid point -- what does Glenn Beck expect? It has nothing to do with whether it's right or wrong. All violence (other than self-defense or punishment of crimes) is wrong. But for example, if you are white and walk around the worst parts of the ghetto all day, you will eventually be attacked. I can say "that's wrong & reprehensible" and I can also say "what did you expect?" and both of those statements are correct.

Beck has some valid points and also some idiocy. Either way, I support his free speech. But he knows his message is incendiary, and therefore, he should expect that this kind of thing will eventually happen. Acknowledging that doesn't mean you support it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist

They could have been ninjas with underwear from Fredericks of Hollywood with speech impediments.

But they weren't.

But they weren't necessarily Democrats either.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Yes

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sbc650mike

that sounds familiar, where did i hear that argument before?

it is really ringing bells, where did i hear that same line?

ooooooooooooooooooh! terrorists!!!

that explains everything!!

just painting with a broad brush, back in the hills we call that a catch phrase.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join