It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck and Family Attacked in New York’s Bryant Park

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
No-one in a Democracy should be attacked for their beliefs, Right, Left or Centre, I'm not a fan of Mr. Beck, infact he makes me quite nauseous, but he has a right to his opinions however much I, or others, may disagree with him, If you want to discuss viewpoints with people then engage them in conversation not rude and brutish behaviour.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Oh I have. Many times and many places. And just know that the hate comming from the left is very real. Once in college during a lecture no less I heard a PHD who just happened to be talking about the "progressives" he was one, state that if he had it his way the local campus street preacher would be arrested, locked up, rights of free speech shut down ect ect. He was a very angry man.

It is quite right and fair for progressives to hate MODERN conservatives (aka Christofascists). Why? Because progressives/liberals just want to live and let live and are tolerant of all others who are tolerant. Conservatives want to force you to live like them.

It is intellectually dishonest and simple lie to equate the two as equally valid positions. They are not. Conservatives seek to impose their will on others, by force if necessary. That makes them fascist and it makes it moral to oppose them. Sorry, neocon theocrats, I won't accept your repression so stop whining when those you seek to subjugate don't call you "neighbor."
edit on 29-6-2011 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

I am certain that there are fascists on both sides. That is being intellectually honest. You on the other hand must be a fiction writer.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
“Nobody ever did, or ever will, escape the consequences of his choices.”

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think Beck is a joke and there are many I find worse, there are many people who do more than talk, people I absolutely hate and would like to see punished by the full extent of justice.

That being said, if I were to run into some of these folks in public, attacking, or throwing a beverage on a member of their family would not be something I would even dream of doing.

Freedom of speech. It's for everyone, don't make me go quoting Chomsky

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrivaled1

And sadly...or not... you and I will not escape the consequences of the choices of others.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Thanks for the anti-American rant (because there just aren't enough of them on ATS) but can you explain what your rants and insults have to do with the topic of the thread (Glenn Beck and family attacked)?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Most of you Americans are just plain dumb.

Most of you are not special at all. Not even needed. You act worse the hand fed enemies you blindly hate. Give your heads a shake man. We are in this together.

Wow...so this means we are all a bunch of dumb asses....in this together. So you shake my head and I will shake yours.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

I'm still waiting for a lefty to say what a terrible thing it was.

Why? Do you think the person who spilled the wine represents a group of people? I would not kick wine on anyone so I sure as hell am not going to apologize because someone else did. I have also had worse things than wine spilled on me and I never got a parade so too bad for Glenn Beck and his wife.

I am still waiting for proof this even happened. Got any?

If people can't talk and have to resort to this kind of thing, then this year and next are going to be a hoot!

By golly.
(gotta watch my swears around here)

I see no good reason to believe any of this happened, let alone for you to demand anyone else come in and feel bad about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I hadn't thought about it, Becks radio show is on right now. This made me think about listening to it. Thanks guys.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Oh I have.

You have yelled that you hate conservatives? I do not believe you.

Many times and many places. And just know that the hate comming from the left is very real. Once in college during a lecture no less I heard a PHD who just happened to be talking about the "progressives" he was one, state that if he had it his way the local campus street preacher would be arrested, locked up, rights of free speech shut down ect ect. He was a very angry man.

Wow. One guy once said something. Amazing.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Most of you Americans are just plain dumb.

Most of you are not special at all. Not even needed. You act worse the hand fed enemies you blindly hate. Give your heads a shake man. We are in this together.

Wow...so this means we are all a bunch of dumb asses....in this together. So you shake my head and I will shake yours.

Good idea. We all fight, in the streets, on the way to work, with your loved ones, neighbours, you hate religions, races, countries, punks, preps, jocks, fat people etc...... So much tension. Look at yourself and people walking around. It sometimes feels at any moment people are going to snap.

Sorry if my last post came out as a rant. Why so much hatred and anger not only in the world but in you? (generally speaking)

The human race in whole has become quite vile.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

That was just one example my dear Watson. Didnt think to bore anyone any further.

If you want to hear more just listen to Beck.

edit on 29-6-2011 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
reply to post by beezzer

Whatever you say. The next time a Glenn Beck listener gets caught planting bombs at a local mosque, I will remember how un-intimidating they were.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

And you have proof of a Beck listener doing this?
Ah, the familiar tones of acceptance, tolerance to others and love for all. Oh yeah, only for those that are of equal Liberal thought.

What a load of BS.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Glenn Beck Smears Obama's 11-year-old Daughter

Beck, taking off on this, mockingly affected Malia's voice, asking "Daddy" why he "hates black people so much." Then Beck attacked Malia's intelligence, saying: "That's the level of their education, that they're coming to -- they're coming to Daddy and saying, 'Daddy, did you plug the hole yet?' "

This routine continued for several minutes, as Beck and his co-hosts touched on a variety of topics and laughed the entire time, all of it at the expense of an 11-year-old girl.

Beck's a hypocritical crybaby. He dishes it out in spades, yet turns into a kitteny victim when he gets his just desserts. He preaches hatred and fear. But when it's reflected back on him, he folds and cries "injustice"! What a tool!

I don't know what to believe about the OP because we're only hearing one side. One side from a known corrupt liar. It doesn't mean much. But his crying about being treated as he has treated others doesn't deserve any sympathy from me. He's a hypocrite and a wimp.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I wasnt talking about fighting my friend. I was talking about some mutual head shaking. Maybe if we work together like you say we can help pull each others heads out of the darker areas. So you want me to shake my head....my own head....but you are trying to shake it for me. So let me shake yours once in awhile.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Glenn Beck Smears Obama's 11-year-old Daughter

Beck, taking off on this, mockingly affected Malia's voice, asking "Daddy" why he "hates black people so much." Then Beck attacked Malia's intelligence, saying: "That's the level of their education, that they're coming to -- they're coming to Daddy and saying, 'Daddy, did you plug the hole yet?' "

This routine continued for several minutes, as Beck and his co-hosts touched on a variety of topics and laughed the entire time, all of it at the expense of an 11-year-old girl.

Beck's a hypocritical crybaby. He dishes it out in spades, yet turns into a kitteny victim when he gets his just desserts. He preaches hatred and fear. But when it's reflected back on him, he folds and cries "injustice"! What a tool!

I don't know what to believe about the OP because we're only hearing one side. One side from a known corrupt liar. It doesn't mean much. But his crying about being treated as he has treated others doesn't deserve any sympathy from me. He's a hypocrite and a wimp.

Ah, but did he throw stuff at a family member?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And I heard the original of this, and have yet to see where he is making fun of the Obama daughter.
He was talking about how Obama himself, used his own daughter's interaction, to talk himself up.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
New York can be a rough place, just as a tea party rally can be a rough place. Politics is also a rough place just like religion.

The hated liberals have a track record of violence you have to look no further than the Revolution. Thank God for Liberals

The right also has a track record of violence you have to look no further than any fascist right wing government that ever existed.

Frankly one side is no better than the other we humans will kill for our beliefs. Just one side claims in the name of God and that somehow makes it ok.

If you preach that certain groups of people should not have rights or should be deported what do you expect would happen.

Thank God it was only wine.

*edit* You people are so wrapped up in the left right thing, yet look around you....Our country is in a mess and how can you blame one side when the other side has been in more control for the past 30 years? Both sides are to blame because you believe in rhetoric and talking points
both side have sold out to corporate America and the fat cats are sitting back watching us go at each others throats.....
edit on 29-6-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

i cant believe people are still so ignorant as to think one party is better or even different than the other. what the hell have these people benn doing for the past 40 years? what exactly is the 2 parties differing agenda? because from where i reside i see no difference in either party. just different names.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join