It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why casey anthony?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If she was an unattractive, overweight woman of color, this case would be a footnote on page-last of any newspaper. It would not have any TV attention.

Society and it's thirst for sensationalism can be barbaric at times..

Let's also not forget about Jamie Leigh Jones' case finally making it to court! Where's the coverage on That one?

yeah....exactly

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
please delete - duplicate reply
edit on 30-6-2011 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

The defense did a terrible job. They promised things in the opening statements, but never delivered (except for the fact that the Anthony family was dysfunctional....which we already knew) :lol
. Most of the defense's questioning was laughable, and I think Baez was incompetent. For that reason I would bet the farm on the fact that she will be found guilty of at least manslaughter, but will file an appeal because of attorney incompetence. Either that, or a hung jury. There are just sooooo MANY lies, not just from Casey, but her family as well, that it boggles the mind! I think Cindy is lying her a** off. The other thing that gets to me about Baez, is that it's CASEY'S trial, but he has tried to make it seem as though it's GEORGE'S trial.....he's just a doofus!

edit on 6/30/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

I think the interest is not because of how she looks, but the fact that she is such a liar. She spun this fantastical story about "Zanny the Nanny", etc......just outrageous lies.....and people were like...."what the H***???" This girl is a study in abnormal psychology!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

A lot of people pretend its a looks/race issue that pretty white girls get more press, and I think there is something to that. Pretty innocent little girls are easy to get the public to sympathize with, so it does make for good press.

But I have also noticed a very real correlation with how much noise the FAMILY makes, and how active they are in getting the whole community involved in the search for their missing kids, or to find the people who killed them. Some families, quite frankly, make more noise than others. Some people barely tell the people next door, and some people march in the streets with bullhorns an plaster posters on every single pole. The Anthonys got the publics attention when the bulk of the family still thought it was a kidnapping, and then, when the tables turned so dramatically, it captivated people all the more.

Who gets noticed by the press is a complex combination of things and its partly "who makes a sympathetic victim" in the presses eyes, but its more than just that.

As to why specifically Casey Anthony, its not HER looks, its the absolute callousness she showed in that murder. The details of her going out dancing, having a great time, getting tattooed, etc., make her "special" as far as murdering parents go. She is a sociopath, and she fascinates people much more than your average shake your baby to death mom does. The fact that her Dad is a police officer only adds to the intrigue and interest.

So, its a lot of things.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

You are 100% right. The ones who get noticed are the ones who have families who will do anything (including media blitzes) to find answers......hence, they get the media's attention....which gets the public's attention.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
We are Discussing this Case on ATS Live T'night! and we have a guest on that is probably one of the most knowledgeable person on this case that you will find.

So, if you want to call in and voice your thoughts - we want them!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The case is being discussed RIGHT NOW on ATS Live!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Closing on a Sunday...how unusual is this?

So far the prosecution is quite animated and is putting on a good show...the jury ought to be pretty entertained right about now.

Casey looks like she is going to get up and start yelling any minute...very interesting!

Too bad there is not a time limit set for the closing arguments...because it sort of looks like the prosecution may take this into the late hours of Monday...I say give them both (the prosecution and the defense) two hours to re-cap their case and then let the jury deliberate...just my opinion.

It is too early to comment on how the closing is going...so I won't...but it is pretty interesting to watch so far.

Edit: No sooner did I get done typing this and the prosecution closed...I retract my "into Monday" statement...that was quick.

edit on 3-7-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Things are getting super hot in the closing arguments...wow...I have never seen a trial get so heated...this is getting crazy!

I don't care if Casey is found guilty or not...there is something to be said for the defense's closing arguments here...he is tearing the prosecutions case to shreds...it's still early but awesome plays by the defense.

Duct tape seems to be less of a case closer now...IMO...and daddy is looking worse then Casey by far...I would not be surprised to find him on trial in the coming months...regardless of how this plays out for Casey.

Just my two cents on the current status of the infamous Casey Anthony Trial!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Final instructions to the jury being passed down right now...

I need to grab a live link to this...brb...going to go get one.

This is history...another huge trial coming to a close!

Here is a good link: Casey Anthony Trial
edit on 4-7-2011 by jerryznv because: ...add link...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
One hour and thirty minutes into jury deliberation.. It is 1:40 pm in Florida.

I think we will see a jury verdict in about 4-5 hours. Those jurors want to go see 4th of July Fireworks, after they make some of their own.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

A better link...
The Hinky Meter
and the owner of that site was on Live this past Saturday. Probably the MOST comprehensive coverage of this case!
edit on July 4th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

It really takes that long?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

You have expressed what I have been thinking. I have been following this case closely too...and I have no doubt that Casey Anthony is guilty.

I personally think any child that is harmed and killed ...IS A BIG DEAL.

I think that the birth mother is a sociopath and deserves the death penalty.

My only comfort in all of this is that little Caylee is in heaven wrapped in the arms of the angels where she has joy and is loved.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ObvTruth

It could take that long, it may not. We could see something come in in the next few hours, or the next few minutes.. All I can say, is stay tuned to HLN.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by jerryznv

A better link...
The Hinky Meter
and the owner of that site was on Live this past Saturday. Probably the MOST comprehensive coverage of this case!
edit on July 4th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Well then thank you for providing a better link with more comprehensive coverage!

I only provided one to the trial footage as it was happening in real time...do what I can with what I have.

Most people that have been following this case have a site, or new station they prefer anyway I think...I was only hoping to provide those that have little, or no knowledge of the case some real time footage as it was happening that moment in the courtroom.

Either way...thank you for the additional link...it is another look at the case for sure.
edit on 4-7-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
One hour and thirty minutes into jury deliberation.. It is 1:40 pm in Florida.

I think we will see a jury verdict in about 4-5 hours. Those jurors want to go see 4th of July Fireworks, after they make some of their own.

That is a good estimate....
It is really hard to tell how long they will take. Based on the site I linked above, one of the members of that site was sitting in the courtroom nearly every day - so she got to watch the jurors and watch their responses, facial expressions, when and if they took notes, etc...

So, based on her observations, it could take some time or it could be super fast (which is relative to everyone).

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

The site I linked has a member who was literally sitting in the courtroom nearly every day....so she had direct witness testimony to everything going on.....she gave an amazing account of what was going on in the courtroom off camera and how the jurors were behaving...

But you are right....there are so many good sites out there!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

But its super obvious she did it. How much could they talk about lol

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join