It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why casey anthony?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I would love to be a fly on the wall in that jury room! I think I heard somewhere that the longer they deliberate the worse it will be for the defendant.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
I would love to be a fly on the wall in that jury room! I think I heard somewhere that the longer they deliberate the worse it will be for the defendant.

Could be. There is a mountain of evidence that they may want to get their hands on up close and personal.
There could also be that one person who is holding out and they are arguing over everything...

Ive been a juror on an attempted murder case - way long ago. So, I do know what goes on in there. We did not deliberate long. Maybe a few hours. And it was unanimous - guilty. What took so long was deciding to what degree. That may be the hardest part and what takes the longest. Even if they believe she is guilty, they need to read the law and understand it to come to the conclusion of what degree....
edit on July 4th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ObvTruth

But its super obvious she did it. How much could they talk about lol

Yes it is super obvious she did it...I am surprised they even had a trial...what a waste of tax payers time and money...what could they be talking about?

It is my opinion that as a member of a jury you have a duty to weigh the evidence presented in both the defenses argument and the prosecutions.

There was a lot of evidence presented in this trial and some jurors may want to take a thorough look at it again before rendering a verdict...as I said this is just an opinion...and they may want to go over some of the more complicated evidence that was presented in the scientific arena of this trial.

Remember a womans life, and justice for a murdered child hangs in the balance...it is a weighty decision that the jury is faced with....not a quick stop by the supermarket...I think they are just being thorough.

I applaud the jury for weighing the matter closely and using some discretion with the time schedule...it is a hard position to be in (a juror in a murder trial) and it can be emotional for them too...putting aside their emotions to render a verdict is probably very difficult for some of them.

Besides...what else have you got to do?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

But the State didnt prove 'Without A Reasonable Doubt' that she did it. They just try to make her seem like a lier and a whore.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ObvTruth

The timeline itself shows that she did it without a reasonable doubt.

The baby was gone 31 one days before she said that poor pretty little girl was gone. Then she lied about where she was (the nanny has her). Her own father, who the defense tried to throw under the bus, said he smelled the unmistakeable smell of human decompasition in the trunk of the car.

If she didn't do it then why lie about where the child was?

Like the prosecution said. I hope that she wasn't awake when that duct tape was put over her mouth and nose.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think she will be found guilty.
I do not believe she will get the
death drip.

Nothing anyone of us can do now but wait and see..

I also find casey guilty of being attractive..
On all counts..

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I also find casey guilty of being attractive..

Me too...she was a little cuter before the whole jail stop over...but she is still reasonably attractive!

I doubt that is going to help her in this case...maybe if there is some perverted old juror that feels the same way...other than that though...her looks are not of any value.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I was discussing this very topic today with a friend who has been avidly following the trial.
In his opinion, the popularity is because it's, as he put it, "a perfect storm of idiots". Lying witnesses, inept lawyers, idiots fighting in line to see it, etc. He said that any aspect of the case you look at just leads to disgust. He went on about it for a good while, citing examples of idiocy, most of which I don't remember (I'm not following the case. At all. So I just pretty much took his word for it.)

I was surprised (although I don't know why) to hear that folks were traveling from other countries to attend the circus....er....trial.

I guess it's the train wreck factor, it's just too horrible to look away.

As an aside, my friend was also pretty irate about the "free speech zone" that I guess has been established out there. I got to remind him how he scoffed at the idea when I mentioned it some years ago. So yeah, that was fun...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I truly hope justice will be served and my gut feeling is that she killed her child based on both evidence and life experience in the behavior of non psychopathic human beings throughout my life...
My sister in Orlando has told me that the local coverage has provided MUCH more actual evidence that what the MSM has explored and that in spite of the media circus no one she knows locally in her expansive social circle believes she is innocent.
I cannot believe that she will be found not guilty and hope for closure and peace for those who truly did love that precious child.
She deserved better.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
HLN's Breaking News ticker just said that the jury is not expected to deliberate past 6 pm. 2 1/2 more hours folks.

ETA

Does that mean they might reach a verdict before 6? I dunno. Do they stay in "deliberation" until they have a verdict or do they take breaks?

And did anyone see the blouse Casey had on today??? STRIPES! I noticed it and they just mentioned it on HLN.. Today is not a day to wear stripes Casey!

edit on 4-7-2011 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The anticipation is great!

I know guilty will be the verdict....just extremely curious what degree!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
HLN's Breaking News ticker just said that the jury is not expected to deliberate past 6 pm. 2 1/2 more hours folks.

ETA

Does that mean they might reach a verdict before 6? I dunno. Do they stay in "deliberation" until they have a verdict or do they take breaks?

And did anyone see the blouse Casey had on today??? STRIPES! I noticed it and they just mentioned it on HLN.. Today is not a day to wear stripes Casey!

edit on 4-7-2011 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

they stay until a verdict is reached!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have flipped back and forth between a few news (dare we call them that?) stations and CNN just reported that jury deliberations will be between 8 am until 6 pm....so I am guessing that if it goes until 6 tonight...they (the jury) will resume deliberations at 8 am tomorrow morning.

They will continue with this schedule daily until they reach a verdict...somewhere I heard that some deliberations take weeks...that was new to me...although I don't suspect these deliberations will take anywhere near that long.

I am not sure I understood that correctly...but I think that is what they meant.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Judge let the jury go home for the evening, deliberations will resume tomorrow morning at 8:30 EDT.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

GEO: I would assume it will be a lesser degree than capital murder in the first degree...

why?

The jury would of returned within 3 hours. I have seen cases where juries only deliberated for 2 hours with a guilty verdict. It seems like this jury may or may not be conflicted on what charge to give Casey.

My bet would be that she gets manslaughter. There is no way the jury would come back with a not guilty plea either, that again would of came out today just like the Murder in the first degree verdict.

The prosecution has failed in determining cause of death or any link between Casey and Caylee. everything has been circumstantial and pure assumption on the prosecution side.

The defense didn't do any better either. They also failed on proving how lil Caylee died as well.

First it was chloroform, then duct tape and then chloroform and then duct tape. both sides have been inconsistent in their theories and keep on guessing rather than sticking to 1 story.

It just seems like both sides were playing a confusion game.... when it shouldn't be a game. a life is at stake here regardless what has been done. Casey will get a guilty verdict, but it seems like (At least from what I have seen watching the case live on TV.) it will be a lesser charge than Murder in the first degree.

I think there will be a verdict sometime mid day tomorrow. Some jurors just want to get it over with and go home, but at the same time make sure they make the right call on the guilty charge.

.02 added

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have a feeling the jury will come back with first degree. The prosecution painted her as a slut and there is a lot of hostility towards women. Yes, she was lying and trying to act as nothing happened but this could have been to cover up an accident (one due to Casy's negligence) as well as a murder.

There is really no evidence showing a murder instead of an accident. The only reason why most people think she is guilty is due to Nancy Grace. And the only reason Nancy talked about this so much is she got ratings showing Casey acting sleazy.

My personal opinion is this was an accident. I think she tried to give her something so she would sleep and it killed her. I still think if it was a planned out murder, the disposal of the body and the crime would have been planned better. As for her doing something out of anger, you would expect to see a beating or something spur of the moment. Making a chemical and using duct tape takes a while.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Very well thought out reply....something to think about...

I was surprised he let them go and is bringing them back in the morning...
but I guess it is a holiday and they do deserve to celebrate it

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

They don't always stay until a verdict is reached. They only stay until a certain time. Take for instance the Blagovich trial. The jury delibirated for 19 days.

You don't really think they stayed in that room for 19 days do you?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Thanks.

yea, its the holiday, if i was the judge I would of held it off for the day and resume tomorrow with no breaks. At least he's trying to get it done and over with.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day. Expect a verdict, but one where it will piss off the mob outside... a lot of people will expect murder in the first degree, but it wont pan out that way I think...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The verdict is in!!! We will know in less than 30 minutes...

I think it's gonna be LIFE in the hoosegow!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join