It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why casey anthony?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I live in Florida and Orlando is about 35mins away and I am SICK of this damn circus.

I'm sorry what happened to her daughter but I don't want to see this crap on every damn channel I try to watch just because it's considered "local" and they think everyone cares. I NEVER saw this much coverage on anything important or relevant yet this is even ondemand on cable!! Yes you can order it (free) to watch whenever you want.

People are trampling one another to get a seat in court. Some have even slept outside and today there was an altercation. It's pathetic.

This is only popular because of reality tv. You can't get this crap on reality tv and it be real. This is true drama and it has all the sick twists and BS to go along with it and that is why this is all over the TV...Also Nancy Grace, who annoys me to no end, has also made a huge deal out of this case.

People who watch this stuff and yet don't care about worldly issues like the economy and state of their own country worry me. I question their values and beliefs in what is important and what isn't. When everything went on with Japan nobody really knew about nor did anyone want to discuss it but my god bring this case up and everyone and their brother has an opinion.

It is a complete media circus and people are feeding directly into what Casey wants, some kind of sick stardom. She is a known attention seeker who had some hand in the death of her child. Anyone who thinks she is innocent needs to be evaluated because you are falling for her crap.

I see a news bulletin today via my FB feed where they now tell us that daytime program will be interrupted to show the case. Um WHY! It's on friggin demand, why interrupt programming?! I don't want to watch this! I don't pay cable to watch this!

...to those who will say turn the channel, you come locally and try and find a cable channel (not movie but news type) that doesn't have this on it. Many parts of Florida are on fire and we are getting the smoke clouds here but it's not on the news the damn Casey case is!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well since this is a conspiracy site I thought I would put my hat in the arena.

If and when a HUGE case like this hits the airwaves it is because it was meant to send a message of sorts. The Ones who know pick up on it. Every Murder case we see on the big screen is a Satanic Ritual and that is the only reason some show up while others do not. Notice how everyone is sucked into the TV for each Ritual.

Caylee Anthony
Jon Benot Ramsey
Haleigh Cummings
Natalie Holloway
and on and on.

Just my opinion but many more believe the same.
www.redyankeepress.com...
edit on 17-6-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Why casey anthony?

It's about money. It's always about money. The MSM is about money, rating and selling advertising.

The network have rooms filled with editors, A&R people, PAs, producers, working round the clock trying to figure out what
story will garner the most viewers and thus keep up the ratings to sell the depends, diet food, makeup, auto insurance etc.

Murdered white female children are at the top of the list.
Sex scandals involving politicians, sports figures, movie stars

ask.metafilter.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Simply put, she's a young, hot, middle class white girl and the baby is just the icing on the cake. You know how the media likes to sensationalize everything. If she were poor and living in the projects she would not matter!
edit on 17-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

Ok sorry but at this link I saw this and couldn't stop laughing.

These rituals were carried out on the campus of what is now Daytona State College, located at 1200 West International Speedway Boulevard in Daytona Beach, where according to a college press release, sometime around March 2008 construction was completed on what the college simply refers to as “Building 640 Conference Center” which in design, construction, purpose, and function serves as a Zoroastrian Fire Temple.

I'm sorry I don't believe this at all. I went to that school and yeah I always said it was an evil place but it's college. The people there aren't smart enough to keep anything secret let alone do human sacrifices there. This is a bit much.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
I dont get it...

Whats the big deal with casey anthony?

These kinds of things happen everyday all over the world. Im not saying the news shouldn't cover it, but why so much?

Who decides which mother-daughter homocide is a big deal?

Nancy Grace?

Is it because Casey is good looking so she gets extra prime time?

I dont get what the deal is.

It's because she's a known party girl.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks this girl is innocent needs to listen to the 1st two interviews she had with police. She led them on a wild goose chase from the beginning while her child was God knows where, purposely misleading them and sending them to wrong addresses, giving them phoney phone numbers and telling about a "nanny" who no one, not even her family or closest friends has ever met or even seen. All this from someone who probably would never have even involved police until her parents insisted.

And for the poster who said that there is no way she could have done it alone - no way she could have moved the body by herself - come on! - women cart 3 yr olds around on their hips all day, every day. How do you think your mother carried you around? lol

Another thing I caught while listening to those interviews: She referred to her daughter in past tense when telling the officer where she liked to go and what she liked to do. I find that psychologically very telling because it usually takes time for a person who has suffered the lost of a loved one to talk about them in the past tense. Just sayin'.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The one conspiracy I do find in this case.....and if anyone is following it and I don't mean watching the news....but watching the trial live because you will not get the real case by watching the news coverage. Anyways, anyone watching it knows that the defense sucks. Her lawyer has got to be the worst attorney ever. It is absolutely embarrassing to watch him do his thing. I cannot believe she has not fired him and found other council.

Unless.............he is doing it on purpose and coaching her to claim that her defense was incompetent leading to a mistrial and an appeal.

If not....he may never find work in a court of law - ever again.

I am watching this trial to learn - I need to for my career. But I'm not up to par on the dismissal of a case or the mistrial based on crappy council...something to look into...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I feel you. I live in Sanford and im hearing about this crap every single day. From the TV, and especially from my mom. She wont stop talking about it.

But the only reason this is being talked about is because Casey is white/young/kinda hot and that Caylee is a really young white girl. And nothing else is happening so these channels need something to fill the time slot.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I live in Florida and Orlando is about 35mins away and I am SICK of this damn circus.

I'm sorry what happened to her daughter but I don't want to see this crap on every damn channel I try to watch just because it's considered "local" and they think everyone cares. I NEVER saw this much coverage on anything important or relevant yet this is even ondemand on cable!! Yes you can order it (free) to watch whenever you want.

It is becuase it happened in your area. I tend to have the news/TV on all day for background noise or whatever. I hardly get any coverage of it. I have to find coverage online. It is normal for it to be all over the local stations where you live
It is a major case. When the OJ trial went on....im sure it was the same thing in the LA area.

People are trampling one another to get a seat in court. Some have even slept outside and today there was an altercation. It's pathetic.

It is pathetic. But that is human nature. Look at the riots in Canada over a stoopid Hockey game
Dont need a trial to cause the worst in people to come out

This is only popular because of reality tv. You can't get this crap on reality tv and it be real. This is true drama and it has all the sick twists and BS to go along with it and that is why this is all over the TV...Also Nancy Grace, who annoys me to no end, has also made a huge deal out of this case.

Im not sure why people who hate Nancy Grace even know what she is saying
I have never once even watched her....yet I keep seeing all this trashing of her because people are watching her. Simply, just turn her off.

People who watch this stuff and yet don't care about worldly issues like the economy and state of their own country worry me. I question their values and beliefs in what is important and what isn't. When everything went on with Japan nobody really knew about nor did anyone want to discuss it but my god bring this case up and everyone and their brother has an opinion.

That is quite an unfair opinion (since there is no fact to back it up). Just because people are interested in this very serious case does not mean they are idiots and dont give a crap about the rest of the world. Simply false. The case is much more interesting than most crap that one can find on TV/Cable. It covers the laws, law enforcement, twisted people, real world stuff that we all should care about. Cases change laws and how things are done in this country all the time. Scientific evidence presented and analyzed is a huge part of our life and how crimes are solved and people are either convicted or set free. Everyone should have listened to the DNA part....for DNA now sets many people free from prison....

I see a news bulletin today via my FB feed where they now tell us that daytime program will be interrupted to show the case. Um WHY! It's on friggin demand, why interrupt programming?! I don't want to watch this! I don't pay cable to watch this! ...to those who will say turn the channel, you come locally and try and find a cable channel (not movie but news type) that doesn't have this on it. Many parts of Florida are on fire and we are getting the smoke clouds here but it's not on the news the damn Casey case is!

Curious what stations you mean? Local? Because it is not on every channel. Plus most day time TV is crappy soaps and game shows and other mindless drivel
I watch Fox and they didnt cover it much. Maybe the other big news do....but I have DirectTv and it is barely found anywhere on any channel.

edit on June 17th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
As someone who is an avid watcher of this trial.....that would be me

My wife watches it closely too.

The media is definately promoting this for a reason, and they're not being neutral about it either.

It's like "The Running Man". Tune in tomorrow to see whether Casey lives or dies.

Here in Australia, all we would hear before the trial in a case like this is the basics. But instead, we have people on the TV trying their absolute hardest to manipulate people into hating this woman. Some of the adjectives I've heard describing what happened were completely unnecessary - used with the right tones and pitches to make anyone hate anyone.

At least it will bring a lot of happiness to some people if they kill her...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Well, if you knew the evidence of the case and her psychopath behavior....there is no way one could feel anything but disgust for her. Again, don't watch the news. Watch the trial and get the real scoop

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Another thing about this case: It's LIVE.

Instead of regurgitated media snip-its, or twitter updates, we're getting to see this unfold right before our eyes. This is very interesting and very important,

Important for the Psychology major, the Sociology major, the Criminal Justice Major, or just about anyone who studies human behavior.

We learned so much from the OJ trial, and we'll probably learn much more from this one. In fact, there is even new forensic science being tested (which, BTW I think could be dangerous as it could definitely be used in future appeals).

Heck, just the psychology alone will keep therapists and researchers busy for many years. (Can you imagine how many thesis, peer reviews, and dissertations are being typed right now?)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Well, if you knew the evidence of the case and her psychopath behavior....there is no way one could feel anything but disgust for her. Again, don't watch the news. Watch the trial and get the real scoop

The trial is what she watches, and I admit the evidence does not go in her favour at all.

What I am saying is most people hate her because of the witchcraft the media is using.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Ah! Gotcha! Yeah true. That is why I keep stressing for people to stop watching the media coverage of it and find the live stream (and archives of previous days) and watch that

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I join you in being an avid watcher. I have seen everyday of this trial since it started...I hope she rots in hell!!! Too much evidence against her

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.

I join you in being an avid watcher. I have seen everyday of this trial since it started...I hope she rots in hell!!! Too much evidence against her

What are your thoughts on the defense? Do you think he is truly horrible at his job or do you think he is purposely sabatoging it?

Also, as I watch this and after all my forensic education.....it is amazing how the CSI affect is in full force. I talk to people about the case and they also bring up CSI and some show they saw. Note to the world: CSI the show is not real

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

What are your thoughts on the defense? Do you think he is truly horrible at his job or do you think he is purposely sabatoging it?

Also, as I watch this and after all my forensic education.....it is amazing how the CSI affect is in full force. I talk to people about the case and they also bring up CSI and some show they saw. Note to the world: CSI the show is not real

The idiot baez has a massive ego! Did you hear today, the "bug guy" admitted he was hired on Dec.11th, 2008, the day the babys body was found, but NOT yet identified!! We all knew that, but I want the Jury to remember that!! The defense are trying to throw anything that will stick.I have invested 3 years, since day 31, in this case & I want Justice for Caylee. The Pro's are doing a great job!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

The idiot baez has a massive ego! Did you hear today, the "bug guy" admitted he was hired on Dec.11th, 2008, the day the babys body was found, but NOT yet identified!! We all knew that, but I want the Jury to remember that!! The defense are trying to throw anything that will stick.I have invested 3 years, since day 31, in this case & I want Justice for Caylee. The Pro's are doing a great job!

It sure looks like the defense knew it was Caylee...hmmm. Interesting. I'm beginning to think the defense somehow WANTS the jury to know (or at least think) they knew about the body's location. Why would that be...

Actually, thinking out loud here...

Do you think the Baez team hired Kronk (sp?), the meter guy? Or, maybe someone from the defense team tipped him off?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
oops, double post
edit on 17-6-2011 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join