It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why casey anthony?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

I hate to make comments on Kronk. I like to believe he is innocent, maybe heard through his girlfriend at the time, who worked at the same jail Casey is incarcerated in, from what I understand anyway.. I definately don't think the defense team ever wanted Caylee found...I am tired of Casey trying to blame everyone including her entire family, for Caylee's death. She is such a sociopath & liar, can't believe a word out of her mouth

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The truth will come out. BTW do you really believe Casey is on trail because of her looks or her race like others have suggested? Every trial that hits the airwaves is about a child murder but only certain child murders. What about the Haylee Cumming murder? Her parents were not model material and they were sent to prison before the girl was even found.

Jon Benet was a model and also a huge media event. Said to have died in her own house without anyone knowing. How strange is that. How does anyone continue to accept the BS from MSM.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
Hmm i really find it hard to believe she could get away with killing her kid. I mean she mightve accidently snapped and tried to hide it, but i cant see someone "planning out" the killing of hteir kid, and then partying and staying in town. If you have any amount of a brain youd high-tail it out of town and change your name and everything.

Two words.

Kate McCann.

2nd (or 3rd?)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Another high profile murder.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I started a thread about her psychology and have compared her to another infamous person we should all be familiar with.
Here's my thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope everyone enjoys the very end of the thread, which shows her flipping off the courtroom while pretending to wipe her eye.

To GreeneyedLeo:
I disagree that you closed my thread. Although it is about this trial, I specifically stated at the beginning that it was more about psychology, which is why I chose to put it in the Grey Area. My thread was looking to discuss DID and people such as Ted Bundy who have had the "monster within" photographed in the courtroom, which is rare. Now, my observations about a person's true nature is going to get lost in the shuffle of whether Casey is guilty or not.

Now, if people would like to discuss DID or other killers whose true nature has been caught on camera, their comments will derail this thread.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
While I disagree that there is any sort of conspiracy surrounding this case, I also side with the OP with the "why Casey" approach.

Mothers murder their kids all the time, in many different states across the USA and in many countries around the world, without anything approaching this sort of coverage. While this case has been completely sensationalized and covered with a rabid tenacity for months by Nancy Grace, it certainly isn't that unusual in the big scheme of things.

What about the mother in Texas who drowned her two babies in the car? That case was way worse and was barely a footnote in the 24 hour news cycle.

The details of this case are sad, morbid, and extremely graphic, but unfortunately, in the big scheme of things, not all that unusual. The only unusual thing about this case is the complete media coverage it has gotten from every single angle.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Okay, you closed my thread. Nice.
Your statement is that no one could come away thinking she is innocent.

I think she is innocent. And I am a trained professional. The least you could do is insert my posts into this, "your" thread. Sorry for the intrusion. Whatever.

Your mind is made up. The media clips are total propaganda. You obviously aren't paying attention to the body language and facial expressions of the witnesses, nor the deliberate stone-walling in which George engages.

What sort of father is he, to let his own daughter sit on trial with the death penalty hanging over her head, and NOT take the blame?? He is a liar. He is also a predator.

I am watching this trial from a clinical POV, not a "git 'er!" point of view.

She has NOT been proven guilty. ALL of the prosecution's evidence is circumstantial ONLY. Used to be, that could not condemn a person. I have watched the actual TRIAL on cnn-live on the internet. Free of commercials, free of editorial, sensationalized idiotic inflamation. I think Nancy Grace will burn in hell.

I don't know what happened. I simply wanted a chance to discuss reasonably the possibility that she is being framed.

WT

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the link to my now-dead, thoughtful opening remarks. Have fun crucifying this young woman, y'all.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Okay, you closed my thread. Nice.
Your statement is that no one could come away thinking she is innocent.

I think she is innocent. And I am a trained professional. The least you could do is insert my posts into this, "your" thread. Sorry for the intrusion. Whatever.

Your mind is made up. The media clips are total propaganda. You obviously aren't paying attention to the body language and facial expressions of the witnesses, nor the deliberate stone-walling in which George engages.

What sort of father is he, to let his own daughter sit on trial with the death penalty hanging over her head, and NOT take the blame?? He is a liar. He is also a predator.

I am watching this trial from a clinical POV, not a "git 'er!" point of view.

She has NOT been proven guilty. ALL of the prosecution's evidence is circumstantial ONLY. Used to be, that could not condemn a person. I have watched the actual TRIAL on cnn-live on the internet. Free of commercials, free of editorial, sensationalized idiotic inflamation. I think Nancy Grace will burn in hell.

I don't know what happened. I simply wanted a chance to discuss reasonably the possibility that she is being framed.

WT

This is not my thread. If you have an issue with staff action, use the complaint form. There is no need to have more than one thread on this subject when people can add their thoughts to an existing one. Not a new policy around here.

With that said.......I do NOT watch the media (as I have said already). I watch the trial via an Orlando station online. Period. I'm not even sure why you are attacking me for my opinions
Please do not accuse me of anything - because you simply do not like my opinion.

I am watching this from a criminal and forensic point of view and nothing you accuse me or others of

And you are a professional in what? Criminal Law? Forensics? Law Enforcement? Medical Examiner? Please provide your expert opinion on this criminal trial littered with evidence pointing to Casey and whatever your profession has to do with this trial. We all would love to hear it.

You are more than welcome to voice your opinions here - as there is an ongoing discussion of opinions on this already. Please spell out why you think she is being framed. Who do you think the killer is? Instead of attacking other members as you have done, give your case and let everyone discuss it.

You claim he is a predator. Where is the proof? The defense has ZERO proof. They made this up hoping it would stick. But they failed to realize they threw the made up story into the air and it has no evidence. No facts behind it.

So please...drop the attitude about other's opinions on what they are watching and plead your case so we can discuss
We all want to hear it....

Cant even understand what the heck Nancy Grace has to do with this thread or this topic

edit on June 29th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

This story has all the features necessary to titillate the public:
Sex, Murder, allegations of sexual abuse, allegations of incest, fairly attractive and slutty mom, a rotting corpse, police incompetence and of course evil people in the media like Nancy Grace to fan the flames. Those are just a few.

I do believe that there is a racial element involved, just based on the fact that black journalists, black media types, and black talking heads, have far less influence over what is featured.

The media decides what to spoon feed the public. I cancelled my cable and unplugged my TV months ago, I don't miss it a bit.
edit on 6/29/2011 by Sparky63 because: toned it down a bit

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Thank you!!
A reasonable and open-minded ATS member who is NOT missing the whole point. I agree 100% with you -- they have NOT proven she did this, that it was premeditated, and the computer forensic evidence is ABSOLUTELY inconclusive.

To those of you who claim to be "avid watchers", and also mention Nancy Grace (a demon herself)....and claim "Casey** is guilty and evil"...you have not given any consideration to how YOU would feel if your own family was throwing you to the wolves....you are not being fair.

If, as the defense contends, she is covering this up and her father is a control freak/predator, she HAS been reared to behave like all is well. Who knows what he might have threatened her with?

If YOUR child was on the stand, the defendant, would you allow her to go to her death? I would not. They've already lost their granddaughter. They are willing to lose their daughter as well? HOW SICK IS THAT?!!

The young woman's life is pretty much ruined. At the very least on a completely new and tragical trajectory.
oh well. I thought if anywhere I could bring up this case on ATS to discuss the family dynamics without being flamed for thinking she's innocent.

**EDIT: to clarify that I was referring to Casey being maligned. I DO think Nancy Grace is evil and guilty.

edit on 29-6-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

To GreeneyedLeo:
I disagree that you closed my thread. Although it is about this trial, I specifically stated at the beginning that it was more about psychology, which is why I chose to put it in the Grey Area. My thread was looking to discuss DID and people such as Ted Bundy who have had the "monster within" photographed in the courtroom, which is rare. Now, my observations about a person's true nature is going to get lost in the shuffle of whether Casey is guilty or not.

I agree, Afterthought. Both of our threads were focusing on the psychology. I have linked to it so others can see your thoughts as posted on the one of mine that got killed.

TO GreeneyedLeo:
I did a search for Casey Anthony, and nothing came up.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

TO GreeneyedLeo:
I did a search for Casey Anthony, and nothing came up.

Really? I just typed in Casey Anthony into the search and about 10 pages worth of hits came up.

Anyways.....your aggressive approach to communicating with members is less than desirable.

How about you give us your professional expertise - assuming you are in the Criminal Justice field on this case, rather than throwing around insults to other members.

We have been discussing this case civilly and welcome other opinions. Since you claim to be a professional, I would love to hear your expert opinions on the trial itself and the evidence itself. Always good to have a Criminal Justice expert to help us on these cases around here.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I don't know why. That's why I purposefully titled my thread "The Monster Within" and didn't mention her name at all. Does content of the thread also come up on a keyword search?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

And you are a professional in what? Criminal Law? Forensics? Law Enforcement? Medical Examiner? Please provide your expert opinion on this criminal trial littered with evidence pointing to Casey and whatever your profession has to do with this trial. We all would love to hear it.

I am a retired clinical therapist with an advance degree in Mental Health. A behavioral science professional. A shrink. A brain-doc. Trained to watch people, to listen to what they say and to identify what sort of personality issues, problematic behaviors, subjective or objective mental dysfunction. Trained to diagnose, identify, assess, and TREAT mental issues.

And your profession?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I agree! This thread is mostly about why the public and media are gathering like flies to a turd to this trial. Psychology of the defendent/killer (I'm not saying she's guilty, but I'm also speaking about convicted killers such as Ted Bundy) does not belong in this thread.

Well, now I'd like to apologize for derailing this thread.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I am a retired clinical therapist with an advance degree in Mental Health. A behavioral science professional. A shrink. A brain-doc. Trained to watch people, to listen to what they say and to identify what sort of personality issues, problematic behaviors, subjective or objective mental dysfunction. Trained to diagnose, identify, assess, and TREAT mental issues.

And your profession?

Thank you. My profession does not matter. I did not throw it out there for discussion per say...
But I am following this case for the forensic purposes and the expert testimony and the overall trial - process and case. I have absolutely no emotional tie to this. It is all about science and law and trial process and such for me
I can easily put aside my emotional feelings and look at what is presented - look at the evidence and look at the testimony given by experts and witnesses.

With that said, we all would love to hear your challenges and opinions to the evidence given and so on....we are interested in this case

Sinced the only person on trial is Casey (not her father, not her family)......what do you have to say about the forensic and all other evidence?

Anyways, nice to have a professional of your calibur here....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I don't think either of us derailed anything. I also feel like I've done something I'm supposed to apologize for.
Sorry, everyone.

to greeneyedleo:

I think George has been belligerent, argumentative, hostile, and refusing to answer very simple questions when the defense asks him.
He has denied -- flat out denied -- allegations that he was involved with another woman, although he went to her house by himself and texted her "i need you in my life".
He did not call the police when he smelled the death-scent in her car. He did not behave like a normal person would have behaved under the circumstances.
He is -- even as I type -- sitting on the witness stand attacking Baez and saying "I'm not trying to be belligerent", when he IS being belligerent, and keeps trying to derail the line of questioning.
He was only vaguely and calmly reactive when his wife was hysterical talking to the detectives. And why did he tell Lee to come home? His answers are contradictive. I think he is covering something up, and expects his daughter to cover it up with him. From the opening statements we have heard the defense's theory. We have not been allowed to hear all the witnesses, because the prosecution keeps jumping up and objecting when it gets hairy.

Have you watched the prosecution's body language? While at their desk, or while interrogating? They just this morning were present before the jury came in, while the defense is trying to get the "death penalty" off the table. And Ashton said, in effect, "Okay, well, whatever. We'd still like to kill her."

That said, I feel sorrowful for this family, for all of them. My interest is purely from a mental-health point of view. A family-systems human behavior theory point of view. The forensic evidence was too flimsy to "prove" she did these things.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

I couldnt tell you why but its sad how non emotional she seems from now and then about the whole situation. And internally is where the real beauty lies and I cannot see any in her.

Rip to the child sent early.

Be well
edit on 6/29/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Whew! Good, so...we're cool, right?

Thanks for welcoming me in.
In my previous response I gave some of the reasons/ideas I have regarding this case.

In my opinion (I'm watching it from a purely sociological point of view, as if I were a juror), the prosecution's case is all highly speculative and the defense has effectively shown why the evidence is inconclusive. All of the experts have admitted they could not definitively say that the evidence points to premeditated murder. IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join