It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why casey anthony?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
To me it is because of the sheer amount of disassociation she shows.

She's GOT to be a monster- and now, she doesn't look like one- she is an attractive fit young woman- and the whole family is just weird.

The lies, oh the lies. She acts like she believes them herself.

I think it is so popular because I think that Casey Anthony has got to be the strangest monster to ever walk.
I keep thinking she's possessed or MPD. She is flat Ms. Manipulative but she doesn't even seem smart enough to pull it off.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I still shake my head in amazement when I think about the fact that she actually TOOK the investigators to Universal Studios after telling them that she worked there, and having to tell them when they got there that, well, no, she didn't work at Universal Studios.
There is something wrong in her head, and she should be sterilized, and put on an island to fend for herself..

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Back to the original question of why this case?

Well, first because all the publicity this case got. And CNN gave it life because it attracted the demographic their advertisers wanted. They are upper middle class and upper middle class people want to hear about people like them.

Second, she is a politically correct person to hate. If she was a minority people would scream racism. It's perfectly OK in our society to demonized attractive women, for some reason people feel it even things out. Even more so that she acted sexy - people hate that.

As for whether I think she did it - probably. But someone doesn't become so messed-up without have some major issues in their background. There is one thing no one ever talked about, the father. She covered the father up for a reason. At one time I thought maybe the father could be Casey's dad or brother. Who knows what will come out at trial.

edit on June 16th 2011 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I offer no expertise on the subject of trials, forensic science, or murder, and I only humbly offer my opinion about the possibility that it could have been different that what the prosecution lays out. The prosecutions opening statements were full of complete speculation about how the last moments were played out. I suggest that with so much scientific evidence to support their case, speculating about events would be something to avoid, but they speculated anyway.

Because I don't offer any expertise at all, and it is just my opinion, I am watching strictly out of curiosity and ultimately to see the fate of a person who is accused of this murder.

As a Social Science major, I find the criminal system in our country a good study topic for statistical research, and it really is just pure curiosity that I leave the possibility of her innocence open. Not because I think that she is innocent, but because I think the trial for her innocence is interesting.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
To me it is because of the sheer amount of disassociation she shows.

She's GOT to be a monster- and now, she doesn't look like one- she is an attractive fit young woman- and the whole family is just weird.

The lies, oh the lies. She acts like she believes them herself.

I think it is so popular because I think that Casey Anthony has got to be the strangest monster to ever walk.
I keep thinking she's possessed or MPD. She is flat Ms. Manipulative but she doesn't even seem smart enough to pull it off.

If she was just a plain sociopath, the crime would have probably been covered up and planned out. She does seem like someone with a very, very long history of lying. Makes you wonder what she started lying about.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The Casey Anthony trial is a perfect storm of twistedness. Yes, parents do kill their kids every day. Usually, though, when they do it doesn't resemble every crime drama ever devised by the minds of Law and Order writers. Usually, it's much more simple and sad. This case is complicated, twisted, and horrifying.

Casey Anthony is a remorseless, lying, narcissistic psycho. She's the kind of human being that crime novelists and writers have made insane efforts to portray convincingly, but she's real. That's the big whoop about her, I think. It's like she walked off the pages of a particularly gruesome book. She's a complete villain, a monster in the flesh, and is as such a fairly remarkable (though horrid) rarity.

And, sadly, the American people like a media circus, particularly if it involves the murder of a young, pretty white girl.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

She is more than likely a psychopath rather than a sociopath - which are different.

Psychopath usually has a more charming personality - they are likable and believable. Yet highly manipulative even with people they are close to....they tend to plan out and perfect their crime...they do not feel empathy... all of these (plus more that fit this profile) are traits of Casey.....

Sociopaths do not tend to have appealing personalities and tend to be more reclusive....their crimes tend to be more spur of the moment and not planned out. She does not seem to have any traits of a sociopath...
edit on June 16th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Reply to post by nithaiah

I was going to say the same thing. It is because it involves a pretty, white girl. They (the media) seem to do the same thing when it comes to a missing white child. My mom loves watching that show "48 Hour Mystery" (I think that's the name) and come to think of it, all of the episodes I have ever seen were about the murder of a white person. I have seen a lot of episodes too. I just read about a [black] women who was convicted of the murder of her infant child. She put her infant in a microwave and basically cooked her to death. Where was the national coverage of this trial?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Come on now, try not to turn this in a race issue. The incident you speak of they KNEW who killed the kid, they KNEW how the kid died, the KNEW where that kid was.. I live about an hour from Casey Anthony. The father is innocent, the brother is innocent, the mother is innocent, i do not believe Casey killed Caylee, i do think Caylee died in some sort of accident and Casey flipped. It happens..If you could see where the people live, it is a very cozy neighborhood, they have a very nice big home. Casey lived there for free, car was free, food and elec was free, other than the arguing with her mom ( like EVERY kid that still lives at home ) i think they were an everyday loving family, they were not in a position of need, you know what i mean? Their grandchild went missing, you didn't know till 30 days later, 60 days later you still can not find the grandchild, can you imagine the feelings these grandparents were going thru not knowing if or when Caylee would ever return? We can not think in our normal peace sense of mind. These people are out of their element at this moment, they are in a great state of an awaken shock... I think it was an accident and casey had a friend help. there is no way she loaded the trunk, took the body out , load it, unload it and put the tape on, then double bag the body etc etc etc... She had to have someone help her move that body, there is no question about it. It wasn't George or Lee.. What if the Meter Reader Roy Kronk was reading caseys meter that day and entered the back yard to read the meter and casey was there with caylee after she drowned? Casey is a MAJOR flirt, maybe she promised him something in exchange for , maybe, private services if he took and disposed of the body..? Roy put the tape on the mouth and casey all upset, placed the sticker on the lips. Maybe Kronk felt bad and TRIED to tell the cops where he threw the bag after no one had found the body after a few months.. I think they put the body there intentionally so someone would find it, when no one did, Kronk called the cops again. Come on! Its plausible isn't it??

Yesterday it was 3 years since Caylee Anthony had passed away.

Bud316

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Just a question since you are actively following the case....is there a site I can go to that will cover it in its entirety from the beginning up to now? We don't get that much in-depth info on this case here in Canada and I'm quite interested since reading this thread. Thanx.

Sorry....disregard this. It actually pays to read the ENTIRE thread...lol

edit on 17-6-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: DUHHHHHH

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
I dont get it...

Whats the big deal with casey anthony? ..

What's really strange is that I saw on the news this morning people getting into fights outside the courthouse for supposedly cutting in line to get a seat inside the courtroom. The whole debacle is now starting to look staged. For what I have no idea.

I mean there were people camping out to get a seat in the courtroom like people camping out to see a new Star Wars movie. It's weirdsville.

Peace

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well, having been through a trial and winning my own freedom, I honestly have a severe distaste in my mouth for the justice system. So I really have zero interest in watching other people's trials on TV. I don't understand how it is legal to report on criminal cases before the trial to be honest. It taints the jury pool, depending on how the media portrays the suspects.
edit on Fri, 17 Jun 2011 09:08:09 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Besides the links provided by GEL, this is also a great site for MEGA timelines, case reviews, photos, and just about everything Casey/Caylee Anthony:

www.websleuths.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
why such a long trial? If she's guilty why are they wasting so much time? The idea of a speedy trial has really been corroded and I wouldn't be surprised if this was intentional.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Well, having been through a trial and winning my own freedom, I honestly have a severe distaste in my mouth for the justice system. So I really have zero interest in watching other people's trials on TV. I don't understand how it is legal to report on criminal cases before the trial to be honest. It taints the jury pool, depending on how the media portrays the suspects.
edit on Fri, 17 Jun 2011 09:08:09 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

It seems to not matter. Her trial is just a show and as you can clearly see from all the other posts, that she was condemed and found guilty long before the jury was even selected.

You bring up an interesting point about tainting the jury pool, and because it is not good news to report that she might be innocent, or even guilty of a lesser charge, the media reports all the stuff that makes for good headlines and sells papers.

The trial is far from over and look at how many people have already convicted her on this thread...am I to believe she might actually have a shot at a fair trial here? No way...it's a nice media circus and she is in the spot light just like she is supposed to be...Americans love a good monster story.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I do not watch the media to follow this case and I do not suggest anyone else do either...the only thing I use the media for is the live feed.
My opinion is based on the evidence and testimony. If something comes out that is different....my opinion shall change. Believe it or not...people can actually fall this trial and form and change opinions along the way. I do not see anyone who is not watching the trial crucifying this woman. Most opinions of her guilt are based on the facts and evidence. Period.

The jury does not watch the media and are thoroughly vetted before being allowed to sit on the trial. Do you have any evidence that the jury is tainted?? Or are they, who are not even on trial, being tried and accused based on opinion?

Do you have some facts and evidence that show that Casey could not be the murderer and that it was someone else? Perhaps something that has not been presented in court - even by her attorneys? Evidence and facts that discount all the other evidence that has been examined and presented?

Just curious....I would love to see someone here present something that the defense has so far not been able to show....

Remember her only defense is: Caylee drowned, her father disposed of the body in the shed with her help. Is there evidence of this?

And how is her trial just a show? It is filled with science.....the kind of lessons many never get in a class room or by watching faux CSI.....

edit on June 17th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Do you have any evidence that the jury is tainted?? Or are they, who are not even on trial, being tried and accused based on opinion?

Of course I don't have any evidence of the jury being tainted, and if I sounded like I did then I am misunderstood. I do not think the jury is tainted, but rather the general publics opinion of Casey before this trial even started is tainted, and the pool for a jury was swayed because of the media coverage. Nothing new there, it has happened before and will happen again as long as the media is given credence over the justice system.

Do you have some facts and evidence that show that Casey could not be the murderer and that it was someone else? Perhaps something that has not been presented in court - even by her attorneys? Evidence and facts that discount all the other evidence that has been examined and presented?

The simple answer is no. I do not have any evidence, and I have not tried to collect any that suggests either way. I am simply an observer, and as I said before, I do not offer anything from a professional stand point. I am simply listening (to the medias version) to the trial like most of America is, and offering my opinion only. Please don't misunderstand that I am saying she is innocent, because that would be an error, I am saying it is possible for her to be guilty of a lesser crime, if guilty at all. I am not prepared to offer judgment until I hear ALL the testimony. I believe that is still how the jury weighs the evidence also in our justice system, otherwise we could just shut the trial down now and go ahead and execute her.

And how is her trial just a show?

Again I am being misunderstood and need to explain further I guess. Her trial as it is carried out from a legal aspect is being done very professionally and with dignity, so to suggest the trial is just a show is not correct. Rather the medias coverage of the trial is a show. The way the media is handing this to the general public makes it is a circus. People waiting in line to get a eye on the proceedings, fighting over places in line to be next at a glimpse of it all. This does not sound like trial coverage, it sounds like people watching. How out of control are the people over this...I don't care either way what the people think or do, I am concerned with the goings on inside the courtroom....what are the judge, jury, and attorneys doing? What evidence is being presented, after all we are in the defense phase of this proceeding, should we not pay attention? Or is her defense all going to be garbage that is unimportant?
edit on 17-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

I couldn't agree more her new hair makes her look weird.

And you're right it does her no justice!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I really don't think they need a trial to prove she's guilty. A mother waiting 30 days before she reports her daughter missing, NOT. Now she's blaming her father and saying it's because he sexually abused her?

I feel bad for her parents. There's got to be a lot of conflicting emotions between loving their daughter and hating her for killing their granddaughter, and accusing sexual abuse and blaming her father for not reporting the death of her daughter.

I can't believe her story when her daughter was found bound with duct tape. Not to mention her body was found in an area like a bag of trash. That sure doesn't sound like an accidental pool drowning.

My decision has already been reached. GUILTY.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join