It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looting breaks out as riots intensify in Vancouver

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

this was set up, cant you people tell the hockey organization is corrupt! the vancouver canucks got thru with there power play the referee's were there to call no penatilies no way for a win situation the economy got the boost of money they wanted but they had to pay because there was no doubt in this riot happening what so ever, you cant expect 100 000 people drunk to not riot if we had gave them pot it would of been a good day regardless the outcome

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
As a BC Resident and former resident of Vancouver the only thing that makes me more mad then the rioters themselves are the people who watch the video's then complain of police brutality. Police are repeatedly telling you to leave and you are challenging them, taunting them, setting fire to things, looting, then you want to complain the police were being to rough???? The scene from fight club where bob gets shot after they wreck the starbucks and edward norton says something a long the lines of "you idiots what did you think was going to happen" comes to mind. Maybe some people that got hurt weren't looters or rioters but if they had left they would have been fine. Instead thousands stuck around and made it impossible for police to get hold of the smaller groups who were causing all the problems. I'm sickened by the smashing of businesses and even more so by the destruction of police cars, I guarantee if the majority of those people came home to find their home or their car destroyed like they did to businesses and cars last night the "pigs" are the first ones they would go crying to.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BasedGod

I hope this is a joke cause Vancouver had something like 17 power plays this series and scored once. They just got out played. No conspiracy. And yes I am a (dissapointed) Vancouver fan.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

This is why I love my province

So it pleases you that people would take to the streets and destroy everything in their path over a damn hockey game but not over something of real importance?

Wow... how proud you must be.

Said quite well.

It is sad that people find joy in the destruction of the property of others over foolish garbage.

Raist

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

This is what happens in Vancouver when we lose at hockey: 100,000 drunks ripping up the streets.

Just wait until the revolution comes here!

PS: watch the video in the link for some awesome video. It looks like a zombie film with all of the fire/crowded streets/riot police/looting/etc.

www.ctvbc.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

they will be to drunken to realize theres a revolution..

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
reply to post by tom goose

So let me guess this straight. The cops moved AWAY from the crowds as they approached? WTF? Im going to assume that the Vancouver Police Service does not train their officers in crowd control or that their training is heavily outdated. Real cops once practiced the hands off approach with a riot from the 1960s - early 1990s and it led to the LA Riots of 1992 - the worst riot in American history all because the crowds were emboldened by the lack of action from the LAPD who quite literally ran away. Police 101 says never show cowardice in front of a mob, it will only make them even more violent and cause even more property damage and looting.

Funny thing is, here in the UK we have riot cops moving FORWARD to keep protesters from destroying the environment around them or hurting innocents that may get caught up in it and yet the media is full of idiots who talk to news networks about how brutal the police are and how the brainless idiots protesting and rioting over something they completely misunderstood and got their facts wrongs about are the innocents.

Now in Vancouver, the police move BACKWARDS away from them and again......

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

So it pleases you that people would take to the streets and destroy everything in their path over a damn hockey game but not over something of real importance?

Said quite well.

It is sad that people find joy in the destruction of the property of others over foolish garbage.

Raist

I saw a few posts saying that but honestly, when I first read the OP I took that comment as nothing more than sarcasm and dry humour.

2nd

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeykillingmonkey

Your post should be repeated constantly whenever there's a protest or a riot going on in the world. Well said, if they tell you to back away or leave, do it. It's like provoking a psychopath into hurting you then complaining about it being an unprovoked assault.

Star for you

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yup, I'm very proud.

If this was anywhere else in the world, my people would be shot for this. The government knows better than to mess with us.

Unity_99-
You love our province because 100 000 drunken spectators blow their lid over circus's and games while billions starve and there are REAL issues in this world?

Its insanity! I'd like to know who set them up, how this kind of thing takes grip on people, M'Kultra, Agents planted inciting it?

First of all, average Canadians know dick all about issues in the rest of the world. They aren't concerned with politics and they leave that up to our government because obviously they seem to know better than us with their sham elections and all

Secondly, what the hell does Canada have to do with billions of starving people around the world? We're imperialists. We fight to protect the market price of our oil, to obtain reconstruction contracts in destabilized regions, and to maintain good standing with the US empire.

Why spend millions on food aid when we can spend billions on fighter jets and precision guided bombs?

[/sarcasm]

Now that you mentioned the "what else could have caused this" idea, I do have something important to say.

Obviously this was solely about the Canucks game. HOWEVER, the RCMP has been trying to sway the public into believing that this is some political riot with elements such as the Black Block. Black Block itself has already proven to be heavily infiltrated by the police for the purpose of provoking riots (just like at G20).

However, Black Block is an organization of anarchists (an oxymoron). Rioters covering their faces and wearing dark clothing ARE NOT ORGANIZED POLITICAL REBELS as these pigs are claiming. It's just too bad that all the goody-goods around Canada are too swept up in watching the government version of events to realize that they are being spoonfed BS like usual.

There's no room for protests or riots under neo-conservative agendas.

The Great Day-
Many wish there was more riot police to lay down some beatings, others wanted to go down and do it themselves.

I've already heard some older people who think that the military should've went in and beat them down.

Do you have any idea what that would've provoked on a nationwide level? You think 100,000 drunk people in the streets of Vancouver compare to millions of pissed off Canadian youth and various activist movements?

The RCMP played it well by keeping riot police in defensive positions. They more than likely had undercover operatives trying to direct the crowds in such ways as to avoid being filmed.

Oh, and the picture of the two making love on the street in the middle of a riot is intense. It captures the essence well, "the fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth". I guess some people just can't see the beauty in something that they are told to think is ugly.

ChrisF231-
Real cops once practiced the hands off approach with a riot from the 1960s - early 1990s and it led to the LA Riots of 1992

Well this isn't the USA, now is it?

Tasty Canadian-
The people of Vancouver and indeed across our great country are appalled, disgusted and saddened after seeing the riots last night...but mostly we are angry. Let's get one thing straight. These punks and followers of punks are NOT Canadian hockey fans. Period.

Right. Obviously this has nothing to do with hockey. I mean, it's not like Canucks losing the Stanley Cup in game seven of the finals isn't a big deal in BC. It's no big deal, Vancouver has never won it before but it's the effort that counts and all that, right?

BasedGod-
you cant expect 100 000 people drunk to not riot if we had gave them pot it would of been a good day regardless the outcome

Finally, someone speaks some sense here

curious7-
I saw a few posts saying that but honestly, when I first read the OP I took that comment as nothing more than sarcasm and dry humour.

Not at all.

The pot needs to be stirred from time to time if you don't want your soup to turn lanky and stale.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread here as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Guess you read it wrong. According to the OPs post below yours he is proud of drunken rioting over foolish games.

All I have to say is that if they remain concerned about garbage like this and drunken it is no wonder our world is majorly screwed, forget the real events taking place worldwide.

Drunken idiots are just that and do not help society overall.

Raist

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Wow, if these Canadians could ever focus that rage for the right reasons and the right cause... Imagine what they could do with it.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

The game is why 100,000 people were crowded in the streets of Vancouver. The game is why they were not sober.

I'm sure the game had nothing to do with anything after the rioting started. Then it just became a riot. Riots themselves have no real purpose other than to give individuals a chance to express their freedoms as being more than pawns under a flag, if not just for a day.

People need to get it through their heads: society and laws are illusions. They used to benefit us before our representative governments (in general) got hijacked by private interests that only wish to squeeze us through a mould so we can be exploited for our work capacity and brain power.

When a riot starts, the rioters are sending a message that we are so much more than numbers on a piece of paper that serve an establishment that will ultimately be overcome by some other force like all other establishments before it. I don't know about you guys, but I only live once and I have no hesitation in sticking it to the man if it was for the sake of my liberty and humanity.

Boo hoo, a few corporate business got trashed and police cars got torched. As far as I've seen, nobody was killed. Yes, there were some idiots who targeted small family businesses which isn't cool but that's just how it went. Screw the rest. The damage done was nothing in comparison to the damage done to our conscience every single day under subversive repression.

Sometimes when you spend all your days away working, you need to take some time to freak out or you go crazy. The very same is true on a social level. This was society leveling itself out.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm not ashamed to admit I had no idea what 'Canucks' was...all this over a hockey game?

Sport can be enjoyable to play and to spectate and it can bring people together and offer a sense of belonging yada yada..

But all sport is a waste of time. Think about that before you go crazy. Even victory only lasts until the season/cup starts again, so what's so bad about losing.

This is why I get annoyed at sports people being honored with OBEs etc...it's just a waste of time.

What's it all aboot hey?

Nobody's less competetive than me! (smiley face)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

To me it is still drunken idiots acting out and nothing more. If being a drunken idiot and destroying property is cool I guess I will go the other way.

I have no need for drunken stupidity.

Raist

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Beyond Creation

I am with you on knowing what was being talked about until I read a sports team. I was sure it was some sort of fish or something. However, that did not make sense, I mean it would be silly for people to riot over a fish. Then again it is stupid to riot over sports as well.

In the end I think the majority of people on this planet are clinically insane. This just justifies that thought.

Raist

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
No more hockey for you! (This coming from a 10-year veteran hockey mom).

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Shame and embarrassment is what those people should feel this morning when they woke up. As a fellow Canadian I felt both of those feelings as I watched this transpire on the news last night. This was nothing more than a bunch of drunken immature idiots using the hockey game as a reason to act like....the idiots they are. How proud they must make their parents. Get a grip on reality and put your energy into something meaningful and productive

Michelle

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

edit on 16-6-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus

EDIT:Gary Bettman has removed this post...
edit on 16-6-2011 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join