It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looting breaks out as riots intensify in Vancouver

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

yeah thank's for invalidating my edit. : / (sorry sports fans)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well there is another city crossed off my list of where to move to.

Cheers guys!

This list is getting kinda small now

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

If this was anywhere else in the world, my people would be shot for this. The government knows better than to mess with us.

You do realize that this so called "revolution" you dream of would be quickly crushed by the government or police because the same brainwashed morons rioting in the street probably support strict gun laws right? Canada is a complete joke when it comes to being able to defend ones self with a firearm, liberal gun laws have seen to it that if the need did ever arise for a revolution to take place the majority of Canadians would be completely unable to defend themselves, even in a wilderness guerilla warfare type of situation. People in the U.S. would have a fighting chance, but we sure as hell don't. The same brainwashed liberals who used to cry for strict gun laws would be eating their words on the streets of Vancouver once the poop really hit the fan and the police bullets started flying.

Also let me get this straight as right now I actually read some of your posts on this forum. Do you actually defend the blatant destruction of personal property and the beating and stabbing of people that took place last night over something so silly as a hockey game? If so, welcome to the list of people that I just scan over and pay no attention to when reading this forum, at least now I know your true colours.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Those looters are stupid, you want to know why?
Because the video clearly shows them looting a Sears store! Everyone knows the quality of the craftsman tool line has decreased over the years and the addition of lands end clothing has not attracted the upscale or youthful demographic they were targeting.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
silly Canadians, American were always better then you Hockey.. Sure we let you all beat us once or twice.. But sometimes big brother has to make lil brother feel good.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLogicalist

out of 19 bruins regular players, 14 of them are Canadian.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by youwouldknow

Might wanna do some research and learn that there are more Canadian's on Boston's team vs. Vancouver...just an FYI

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
some footage i found, sorry if its been posted.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

edit on 16-6-2011 by Skanda because: deleted attempt at embedding

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Best picture from these riots:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The best part is that there are now 3 different Facebook pages devoted to identifying all the cretins that were photographed. Plus a few other non-fb sites for those who don't have accounts.

Many many people are coming forward with names and many a Facebook status has been captured by people boasting of their "accomplishments".

So far, a lot of those identified are recent high school grads and students of universities. A lot were from out of town too..

People of Vancouver aren't going to stand for this behaviour anymore and we're going to seriously be helping the cops with this one. Long live social media!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLogicalist

last I checked Kesler was the best American player at the Olympics.... where was this superiority in the finals? ...aside from king Thomas that is

Regardless This shameful incident is just stupid all around.. Boo all those brain cell deficient rioters what did they think they were achieving ?

More laws.......More police.......less freedom......less trust

what a crock of turds

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Your "assessment" of "liberals" not owning guns or being capable to defend themselves from the Canadian government is a complete load. I'm British Columbian, I grew up in a small forest town where most people have guns for hunting and self-defense while at the same time despise both the government and politics (especially the police).

I've been all over BC, met thousands of my people, and the only people who support gun laws and government are usually upper-class or very well off who feel that they need the police to keep us grubby huligans away from their property. In other words, most conservatives around here are not common citizens.

In fact, if you want to even get political about it, the Conservative Party of BC hasn't been in the top two on the ranking list for a long time in terms of public opinion.

juniperberry-
So far, a lot of those identified are recent high school grads and students of universities. A lot were from out of town too..

Youth? You mean the current brain power of the modern Canadian generation? And most of them weren't from Vancouver (not many people in Vancouver really are from there, by the way)?

These were BC citizens. This was BC culture.

-----

I find it funny that some of the people who were arguing with me earlier in this thread actually didn't even know what the Canucks were, yet they still felt it necessary to form the popular opinion without even understanding the situation.

Hockey is religion for a lot of Canadians (as another poster mentioned), and the truth is that there was going to be a riot regardless if the Canucks won or not.

Mdv2-

www.vancouversun.com...

Turns out the photo is extremely popular and has symbolized the riot to some extent. Damn good PR for the people!

PS Even RT has covered this (but I doubt most people on ATS will accept it as real because RT is biased and all
), here's some more great footage:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-6-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I usually don't endorse the 'police state' but the Vancouver protesters are totally out of line. Destroying their city because they lost a hockey game? I don't feel bad for a single protester that got their heads bashed in by batons or shot in the nuts with tear gas.

You don't destroy your god damn city because you lose a hockey match. I don't care how much onion dip you made for the party.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Heck I do that too, hand down there and kissing no worries about what goes on around us.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Bunch of drunk morons destroying other people's property in a temper tantrum over a g-d hockey game.
I hope they arrest ALL of them and MAKE THEM PAY for their damaqes
Mindless idiotic morons

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Boy I bet Neil Young is in shock!!

He better hurry up and write a song (like "Ohio" he wrote)

He might be Canadas only hope to make that there riot

worth something.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skanda
some footage i found, sorry if its been posted.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

edit on 16-6-2011 by Skanda because: deleted attempt at embedding

OH, the kicking of the car ritual, interesting.
edit on 083030p://bFriday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There are some things worth general strikes or big public movements. Hockey games are not one of them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Spoke To A Homeless Man Yesterday: Could We Change Things From The Bottom Up?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I really do not feel I need to know what a Canuck is to understand stupid drunken riots. All I needed to know was it was about a foolish sports game that idiots got worked up over.

I was actually about to side with the rioters until I found out it was over sports. The article swayed my view because they were drunken idiots who destroyed others property over a sports game. Yay for stupid drunks, eeh?

Anyone who is proud of these actions or were involved in these actions should seriously look closer at their priorities and moral judgment. Anyone who supports this sort of behavior has a much skewed outlook on life. Not much else to say except that they were drunken idiots who I have no use for. You just do not go around destroying the property of others.

Even if some big corps were damaged in this, who do you think is going to pay for it in the end? The tax payers and the consumers. So even if they might not have affected you or most others straight on, they screwed you in the backside without you looking.

BTW hockey is a sport not a religion, no matter how badly some want it to be.

Raist

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLogicalist
silly Canadians, American were always better then you Hockey.. Sure we let you all beat us once or twice.. But sometimes big brother has to make lil brother feel good.

You do realize that Boston has more actual Canadian players than Vancouver, right? The problem isn't the nationality, it's the cash, hence why I stopped watching hockey altogether long ago. Unfortunately in Canada there is not much of a hockey void so it's hard to go anywhere without hearing about it..

It was obvious that Boston was going to win, these rioters are pissed for actual reasons, but none that are justified to the moment of this event. Vancouver's 2 best players weren't even in the game... it's becoming a mysterious trend among Canadian teams to end up "conveniently" short their best players in an important playoff game (only for oh, say the past 40 years).

Anyways, what I'm pissed off about here is the repairs, which are being made with... not expendable profits from the stadium, which was in the millions.... not direct taxations on the attendants of the event... but with tax dollars! I'm so happy for Canada, apparently they realize that I have nothing better to do with my money than blow it on sporting events that I haven't subscribed to since I was pre-teen

Source
edit on 17-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join