It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tarot - Your Card Of The Day by Woodwytch

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad
reply to post by woodwytch

If you are still offering your services, I would love a card drawn for me...

Thanks

Hey there kalisdad ... I am indeed still offering my services and I'm happy to draw you a card.

The Card Drawn Is - CERNUNNOS (the greenman)

This card often indicates that the requestee (you) has been feeling restricted and blocked but the truth is you are the only one that can release yourself from the ties that bind ... you may have lost your way a little or forgotten your priorities ... perhaps you have lacked discipline or you may have all you need physically but still feel restless and unsatisfied with your lot ... and as I said ... only you can take the necessary steps to change that ... this card brings the call to awaken to your responsibilities and with the right input you will find the potential for abundance and liberation ... but first it is time to accept responsibility for you life and the way you live it.

A challange may have arrived (or is about to arrive) in your life and it could be quite a complex situation ... in fact it could have profound implications for your life and the way you deal with the world ... it could manifest itself as a profound inner-realighnment or the facing of some physical outer predicament ... but whether it's from the spiritual mind or some external source the challenge itself must be seen for what it is ... an opportunity !

I feel I should add that whilst things may have been pretty sluggish recently you should prepare for some accelerated pace ... I feel this challenge could be easier than it might have been because it comes just at the right time ... this is a call for initiative but before you dive in head first you must ask yourself 'is there anything else in my life that I need to act on now'? ... Be wise and take advantage of these ideal conditions this isn't the time to be stubborn or fight against the river ... but a time to trust and have faith and go with the flow ... it will lead you to a positive outcome and future if you let it.

Woody

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hi there, I'm curious as to what card you'd draw for me. If you'd be so kind, thanks!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starcrossd
Hi!

If you are still up for it, I would love a drawing also. This has been an interesting thread! The deck images are just gorgeous. Thanks so much, if not possible that is okay too. Thank you.

Hey there Starcrossd ... still up for it and pleased you've found the thread interesting ... the images of this deck are very expressive ... the colours offer so much information and the symbolism within the pictures eg; rainbow = stormy time is coming to an end (sunshine after the rain etc) ... dog = loyal people around you to offer support etc and so on ... but for many years I worked with a deck called 'Tarot Of The Ages' and of course the traditional 'Rider Waite' deck ... it's all about finding a deck that you can work with and understand and for this thread this deck seemed the most suitable because of the clear pictures that people can respond to themselves.

The Card Drawn Is - 6 of SWORDS

I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised but I am ... I could have used any examples of the symbolism in the cards but I randomly picked 'rainbow' and 'dog' and now that I have drawn your card I see that both examples apply perfectly to your situation

The message of this card is to say that you are moving away from the stormy troubled waters and into the calm shallow ... but before telling you more about the card I feel that you have suffered real pain emotionally and it has left you feeling battle-weary ... the thing is I can't tell whether this is something relatively recent or from your past that you have not been able to let go for whatever reason ... as a result of this event you have been going around in circles feeling unable to break the cycle ... most of this is because of your resistance to change ... now you have to try letting-go and trusting in life again.

Instead of seeing the event that has caused you so much inner turmoil and distress as a negative you should see it now as a catalyst that is encouraging you to move on ... it is a fact that the painful experiences of life are just as valuable as the happy ones obviously we don't see that at the time but such things have a natural way of moving us forward once we learn to let it go ... the place to begin is not to dwell on the past but use your mental strengths to bring your emotions under control and having the faith to 'know' that you will get through it.

This card tells you that the situation and the power it has previously held over you (no matter how long since it happened) is coming to an end ... and it will be replaced with comfort and the promise of renewal ... this is a great time for journeying either literally taking a break / holiday to recharge your batteries or journeying within to allow yourself to let the past pains go ... meditation is a great healing tool. Sometimes it can be a anxious time to finally let something go that you have hung onto but finally harnassing the positive energies will add momentum to the coming changes and you will feel so strong and powerful again ... but most of all you will have regained control of your emotions.

Woody

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

This card often indicates that the requestee (you) has been feeling restricted and blocked but the truth is you are the only one that can release yourself from the ties that bind ... you may have lost your way a little or forgotten your priorities ... perhaps you have lacked discipline or you may have all you need physically but still feel restless and unsatisfied with your lot ... and as I said ... only you can take the necessary steps to change that ... this card brings the call to awaken to your responsibilities and with the right input you will find the potential for abundance and liberation ... but first it is time to accept responsibility for you life and the way you live it.

A challange may have arrived (or is about to arrive) in your life and it could be quite a complex situation ... in fact it could have profound implications for your life and the way you deal with the world ... it could manifest itself as a profound inner-realighnment or the facing of some physical outer predicament ... but whether it's from the spiritual mind or some external source the challenge itself must be seen for what it is ... an opportunity !

I feel I should add that whilst things may have been pretty sluggish recently you should prepare for some accelerated pace ... I feel this challenge could be easier than it might have been because it comes just at the right time ... this is a call for initiative but before you dive in head first you must ask yourself 'is there anything else in my life that I need to act on now'? ... Be wise and take advantage of these ideal conditions this isn't the time to be stubborn or fight against the river ... but a time to trust and have faith and go with the flow ... it will lead you to a positive outcome and future if you let it.

Woody

Thank you for the card...

My life has been quite stagnant the past couple of years... after a life of hard work, I have found myself at home caring for children the past few years. The affect on my well being has been quite difficult to handle, it has caused multiple physical complications, on top of the mental and emotional effects

I'll take heed of your advice and hopefully come out ahead in the end

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Thank you so much, What you said is all quite true! I have been specifically working on letting things go, much has changed but I am still 'here' so to speak. It's been difficult because the past has become so much a part of me, it's almost like I don't know how to live any other way. I am ready for a new life though. I will work more on the meditation aspect and have recently added yoga, which seems to be healping in mysterious ways.
Thank you so much for pulling my card!

..ps..edited to add, just noticed the spelling in 'helping', maybe my subconcious us telling me something.

edit on 8-7-2012 by Starcrossd because: spelling

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hi Woodwytch. I came across this thread awhile ago (before my original account was hacked) and have only now stumbled across it again. I dabble a little in tarot myself, but am still very much an amateur. If you are still offering to read a card I would appreciate it as I am going through a very difficult situation.

Much thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hi, Woodwytch. Would you please pick a card for me?

Thank You.
edit on 9-7-2012 by outinthespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by georgiaboy
I would like for you to draw a card for me.
Thanks.

Hey there georgiaboy ... I would love to draw a card for you so lets crack straight on and see what's waiting for you.

The Card Drawn Is - PRINCESS of PENTACLES

The card itself heralds the potential for new phases in your life but I feel things have been a little flat of late ... I feel there may have been a circumstance that left you with a sense of unmerited success and because of this you feel you lost the element of control in the situation ... but being the person you are I feel you have tried to subdue this and have been using your personality as a mask ... sometimes we need such things to happen in our lives so that they can turn into channels for our soul (ignite our senses good / bad / mundane) ... although the card points to new phases in your life I feel that this is not quite the moment yet so you must be patient and do not rely too strongly on your own willpower or force of personality to control a situation right now ... understand that this is not a failiure of any kind because true power lies in the essential deepening of our experiences and understanding the polarities of yielding and penetration.

At this moment in time you need to look within ... see this as a reminder of the importance in stilling the mind-chatter so that you can reflect and re-evaluate and in turn discover the wisdom and answers that lie within the very soul of your being ... before moving on to the promised 'new phases' you need to conserve your energy and deal with one thing at a time ... during this period someone may step into your life and by sharing his/her own experiences you might receive helpful insights and wisdom into your own.

Pay attentin to the physical realm and be aware of the effects generated by everything you do ... when you are ready you should try meditating on the creative seeds that lie in your past and on your vision for the future to unlock the new productive phases that you could have access to and make the most of them ... this card can also surface to bring happy news about a family member or friend and even good news about money although these are likely to be small sums and gains.

Woody

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crashyy
Could you draw a card for me please? That would mean alot to me!

Hey there Crashyy I certainly can draw you a card ... I think you need one right now but don't forget to listen to the things it tells you.

The Card Drawn Is - 10 of PENTACLES

You might be surprised to hear that this is a card of blessings and prosperity ... a card of 'home' in all it's many forms ... but sometimes life can seem very threatening and we find ourselves clinging onto the few rocks of stability even when we know deep down that it's time to move-on ... there are even times when we feel so ground down by it all that we think it might be easier just to loosen our grip altogether ... whatever has been going on for you it has created stagnation and pessimism ... it may seem as if fear has been ruling your life ... and fatigue and depression are the result ... one of the main reasons you have reached this dismal place is because of your resistance to change ... 'everything' changes ... 'nothing' stays the same and like it or not we are here on this blue dot in the universe to experience the ride ... and very often that ride is a rollercoaster ride that can shake us to our core.

It is my personal belief (as a Pastlife Regression Therapist) that our souls choose the lives we are born into so that they can learn the lessons required for that soul to develop and eventually ascend ... now for this to happen our soul has to experience every kind of emotion and experience imaginable (and a few that we can't imagine) throughout numerous lifetimes ... from the best that will see our souls touch the heights of rapturous bliss ... to the worst that will rip at every fibre of our being ... and every mundane thing inbetween ... and if we decide in this chosen lifetime to skip the lessons we had 'pre-booked' so to speak then that's fine because we have been given the gift of freewill ... just as long as we understand that we will have to come back and do it another time ... the point that most of us miss is that we learn the strongest most amazing lessons from our most traumatic experiences ... and I am qualified to say that because I speak from experience ... so whatever is pulling you down at this point in your life DO NOT give in now because you are over the worst ... and you really don't want to miss what's still to come.

This card is telling you that even difficult circumstances can carry hidden benefits and very soon you will have the chance to count your blessings and discover just how many there are ... this is a card that refers to 'home' but we need to remember that home has many forms ... for some it is the structure that they live in (from mansion to cardboard box) ... for others it is where their family are based ... for some it is the stronghold and sanctury for their life whilst for others it is the opposite.

Whatever your idea of 'home' has been in life I want you to know that you have completed this chapter of your life and whether you feel like it or not you have triumphed and you have gained so much wisdom on this journey and this is the time to acknowledge the truly wonderful soul that you are and accept the vital part that you have to play in the bigger scheme of life ... because in case you hadn't realized ... the family that gives you sanctury in your true 'home' is the universe that surrounds you ... in ancient times many believd that each star was the soul of one person ... they also believed that these 'souls' shined so brightly to guide others through their darkness ... and even on the dullest night when the stars aren't visible ... you know that they are still there shining a guiding light directly into your soul.

Woody

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If you have the time, and it is not infringing on others requests for a card drawn, I would appreciate if you could see what another card shows...

I'm trying to interpret what my previous card said as well as other reading I have done online.
I normally wouldn't bother you, except your reading has more of a personal touch over the generic online readings I have been checking the past week or so...

thanks

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
hello, been meaning to post earlier but needed to double check some of the information. I'm a bit tired of the 'anomaly' , so I'm moving on to an area that i'm still kind of researching on my own. Like I said it's not going to be about me, but about some people in a far away land that's very culturally different and different belief system (the intersection between culture and religion is sometimes a very fuzzy distinction) which is why I think this will be a bigger challenge.

This is about the burmese 'weizzar' more about the two famous ones in Burma who are Bo Bo Aung and Bo Min Gaung. In Burma they are widely known by everybody, but in the west nobody has a clue who they are unless they are academics researching the cultural history of Burma and there isn't a whole lot of information about them.

I want to share a couple of stories about the both of them so you get an idea of why I'm interested in this subject as well as give background info.
img39.imageshack.us...

This is Bo Bo aung, he's a bit of a historical figure in the 1700's. There is a legend where in school he was a school mate of a future king of burma named Bodaw Paya, back then they were friends and made something of a friendship pact. Fast forward a couple of years, Bo Bo aung becomes a full fledge weizzar and is becoming well-known by people and Bodaw Paya is king. The king decides that Bo Bo aung is becoming a little too popular and decides to execute him despite being former friends. As Bo Bo aung is brought before the king he issues a challenge toward him before he is executed, he asks him to wipe out a symbol on the floor he draws called a 'wa' in burmese it is basically an 'O' and in weizzar tradition is a symbolic rune. The king tries to wipe it out, but then finds out there are two more , and as he tries to wipe those other ones out, they keep growing until the whole floor is covered in symbols. At last the king gives up, and Bo Bo aung tells him directly " If you could not erase the symbol I drew, what hope do you have of killing me?"

At that point of course the king feels powerless and extremely sorry for himself, while his former friend who I bet wasn't thrilled at having been the object of an execution basically gives something of a lecture and leaves.

This is Bo min gaung, who is actually I think the most famous weizzar and the most recent one as he lived in the 20th century and during ww2.
img593.imageshack.us...

There a couple of interesting stories about him. When he lived during the British Occupation of Burma he was well known by people, the British administration probably decided he is a threat and 'tried' to put him in Jail. As they put him in, they find him wandering outside, they put him in again, and then they find him outside again, then they put him in again... and well you get the idea and no they weren't successful. Another interesting story is during WW2 when bombs were going off, and gunfire was going off and everyone was ducking for cover he just walked around normally like as if there was nothing, the Japanese soldiers were so impressed that they donated food to him. There are alot of other stories but I think this should suffice, but I'll leave a personal account of one person who met him.
www.ayezay.com...

In summation BoBo Aung is supposedly a master of runes/alchemy. Where as Bo min Gaung more recent, was known as something of a madcap (crazy guy), supposedly they say he did this on purpose to avoid drawing too much attention to the overt use of his powers. They both belong to the same mystical lineage.

So my request for a reading is about one or both of these individuals and whether or not these so called legends actually happened? The choice is up to you to focus on which person or story to which you can get a good bead on or be able to tune into. I'd be curious to what you'd come up with as they are reported not to be 'ordinary' but who knows maybe they are? I delayed writing this because of the length but atleast the anecdotes here may prove to be enertaining, thanks for reading.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Thank you for the reading Lady Woodwytch. Sorry I have taken so long to reply but I was out of town for a week. The reading was very accurate as there have been a lot of things clouding my mind and the week of relaxation was just what I needed.

It is amazing how the readings are so appropriate for each person. Thank you for the services you perform.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hi again!

I'm back for a second time, could you draw me another card? I'm curious about what card i'm going to have this time!!

Thanks
&
Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Woody, would you mind reading your inbox for me?

Hey there VeritasAequitas ... I read the post that you left on my other thread;

What Would You Like To Ask A Pastlife Regression Therapist

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I promise I will get over there to give you a reply (I noticed there have been a couple of other posts that require replies too) ... just bear with me as I need to catch-up on some of these Tarot requests ... there seems to have been a flurry of activity in the last couple of days and they're mounting up.

Simple fact is 'real world' work/clients/life have a nasty habit of interrupting my ATS time
and sometimes I just like to have a break and simply read / post other threads on ATS ... I have to try and balance out my time on here with tending to the thread and having some 'me browsing time' ... that said I will try to get over to the pastlife thread later tonight and offer a response ... because day job or not I do love the subject with a passion and really enjoy getting into discussions about it with anyone who's interested

Woody

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cahlin
Hi Woody, great thread! I was wondering if you'd draw acard for me when you get a chance? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey there Cahlin ... pleased you'r e enjoying the thread and I'm happy to draw and read for you

The Card Drawn Is - QUEEN of SWORDS

This card tells me that you are independent / graceful and analytical by nature but I hasten to add that this may not be how you feel because my 'inner-sense' tells me that you have been through some testing times ... this card tells me that you are a person who has experienced loss / separation / grief in some form or another and you feel like you are trapped in a barrel and the sides are too slippy to get a grip and haul yourself out ... so you keep going round and round in circles and probably feeling more and more lost to your real self ... that said ... some of this is down to your own reluctance to let something go because you know it's the final hold and you almost fear the changes that will be allowed to take place once you break the old cycle ... if you are generally a passive person the changes that await from your ability to finally let-go and trust will see you emerge as a more determined person with a stronger outlook ... a person unafraid to finally speak their mind and standup for themself.

Whatever the state of separation that brought such sorrow may have been this really is the time to break the old bonds and see the new bright path opening up before you as you move beyond this place of darkness and sense of loss ... there is a need to be objective and you will feel yourself begin to blossom.

This card has come out now to encourage your courage / discipline / stability / and persistence to rise up ... yes you may be tired and weary from the struggle but now is not the time to give in. I feel that over time you have been through so much one way or another to get to this point and you may have acquired the scars from battle but you are also wiser and stronger than you initially thought ... this is a time to experiment with different things in your life that will feed your soul and help it grow ... one way to do this is to help others who are going through things you have experienced ... the best therapist (spiritual or clinical) is the therapist that has the firsthand experience rather than the therapist who has lot's of diplomas because they read a lot of books ... your advise to others will come from the soul ... time to pass-on and share the wisdom you have gathered ... shed the cloak of shadow and step back into the light ... you have work to do.

Woody

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot

I do believe that intuition is a long lost art. I myself have been called "psychic" many times, but I really just listen to what I hear from the person - whether they actually speak or not.

I have always been interested in tarot readings, but never wanted to shell out money for some vague approximation of a response.

That said, the card you pulled was fairly accurate. Of course, you may have just browsed through my previous posts in the metaphysics forum to glean this knowledge, but I will take it at face value anyway, because it is good advice...

You are absolutely correct about intuition ... everyone has it and the ability to use it ... but most people have either forgotten how to use it or simply choose to ignore it ... and you do right to be cautious when paying for a reading ... there are so many people out there claiming to be Tarot Readers nowadays just because they own a deck of cards and think it might be a good opportunity for easy money without having the first clue about how you really read the cards and get the fullest information from them.

I'm pleased the card I drew for you meant something ... however ... up to that point you sounded like a relatively intelligent person with a healthy grounded outlook ... and then you suggested I may have been fairly accurate in my reading because I'd browsed through your previous ATS posts to glean said knowledge
I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but that really did make me laugh out loud (and believe it or not you are actually the second person on this thread to make such a suggestion so you're not alone) do you seriously have any idea how time consuming it would be if I had to seek out and read everyones ATS contributions in the hope of sussing them out to make it look like I was an accurate Tarot Reader
The truth is 90% of the people that have requested cards on this thread are members I have never heard of or seen on the boards before they turn up here and that would leave me with an awful lot of checking-up ... I'm sure you realize how implausible it would be when you've thought it through ... but thanks for making me smile

There is one part I don't quite understand, though, you said

"if applicable you should take steps to avoid depression or any kind of destructive behaviour because this card is favourable to the requestee (you) whatever has gone before."

What does that mean? That I should not feel despair because it will all work out in the end? I can read it several different ways. But, yes, I have had much trouble with depression in my life. It is a struggle for me every single day not to fall into that trap.

As you suggested it basically means that things can work out 'if you allow them to' it seems like the ball is pretty much in your court at the moment ... and the part about destructive behaviour relates to the fact that sometimes when we suffer from depression we are often inclined towards drink / drugs or other destructive behaviour because it may initially offer some short-lived relief ... but this should be avoided at all costs because it will inevitably serve to worsen the already existing problem and not help your depression at all.

Thank you for your time, Woodwytch. I am seriously thinking about learning to read the Tarot. Something about it feels "right" to me.

Off to do some research.
edit on 7/8/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

It was my absolute pleasure and I hope you weren't offended by my teasing it was only meant in fun (laughing at ourselves is a big part of progress and very healing ... I learned that lesson a long time ago) ... I hope your research goes well and I would definately encourage you to learn more about the Tarot yourself ... remember if you decide to pursue it then make sure you choose a deck that you feel comfortable with and one that has pictures that 'talk' to you so that you can get the most out of your readings ... if you ever have any questions please feel free to ask I'm always happy to help if I can.

Woody

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'll take a card. Maybe it'll tell me something about myself.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mangojuice
Hi there, I'm curious as to what card you'd draw for me. If you'd be so kind, thanks!

Hey there mangojuice ... let's quell your curiosity and draw your card.

The Card Drawn Is - THE FFERYLLT (wise-woman / alchemist)

This is a card full of real magick that involves turning the base-metal of your being into the gold of your soul ... but before we get to that we need to see why this transmutation is called for ... the first thing I feel here is that you are suffering from tiredness and a touch of apathy maybe and this could be because you feel a degree of disillusionment insomuch as something you had been striving for has either fallen by the wayside or else it is not progressing as quickly as you'd hoped ... for some reason I feel like telling you not to be too focused on aquisitions or even excercise (be careful not to overdo teh latter) ... the first thing you need to do is to look deep within (even the difficult bits) ... there needs to be a period of introspection and a short time of what appears on the surface to be inactivity ... only then can you unearth the 'gold' hidden deep in the self.

You may be coming out of a particularly emotional or mentally taxing experience and now you are needing to heal before you can progress and become the new improved wiser you ... this is the act of alchemy that is already taking place inside you ... this is the part where you take a moment to look at the problem / situation instead of being in it ... this will allow you to see with a clearer perspective and true clarity ... this is the important part of the healing process that will allow you to create stronger healthier foundations that will enable you to take the next step.

You must be balanced and patient in order to continue forward you must be still and calm ... only then will you find yourself in a position to restore harmony among the competing factions and then maintain a feeling of deep peace ... allow a fluency between worlds (conscious / subconscious) so that they can blend and balance with fluidity that will create true magick in your life and the way you live it.

Woody

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

Originally posted by woodwytch

Woody

Thank you for the card...

My life has been quite stagnant the past couple of years... after a life of hard work, I have found myself at home caring for children the past few years. The affect on my well being has been quite difficult to handle, it has caused multiple physical complications, on top of the mental and emotional effects

I'll take heed of your advice and hopefully come out ahead in the end

The psychological and the emotional often manifest themselves in the physical ... the trick is to work through things one little bit at a time rather than try to take on the whole thing ... pleased that you could relate to the card and plan to heed it's advise.

Woody

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starcrossd

Thank you so much, What you said is all quite true! I have been specifically working on letting things go, much has changed but I am still 'here' so to speak. It's been difficult because the past has become so much a part of me, it's almost like I don't know how to live any other way. I am ready for a new life though. I will work more on the meditation aspect and have recently added yoga, which seems to be healping in mysterious ways.
Thank you so much for pulling my card!

..ps..edited to add, just noticed the spelling in 'helping', maybe my subconcious us telling me something.

edit on 8-7-2012 by Starcrossd because: spelling

I completely understand where you're coming from because you're correct the past (even when bad) becomes part of us and it is difficult to let it go because it's familiar and whatever replaces it will be unknown and untested ... see it as exciting not scary and embrace it ... your ps was a very apt little synchronicity

Woody

new topics

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join