It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Like To Ask A Pastlife Regression Therapist ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hey there to all who take the time to stop by,

The reason I have decided to make this new thread is because I get a lot of u2u's asking me questions about Pastlife Regression ... so I thought rather than answering each one individually (as most questions asked tend to cover the same ground) I would give a synopsis about my own experiences with 'spontaneous' Pastlife Recall / how I came to be a Pastlife Regression Therapist / and the unique 'non-hypnotic' Regression Technique I developed etc. to lay some groundwork and then open-up the thread for you to ask specific questions ... I will also add some links to a thread I made about the subject when I first joined ATS and my website at the end of the OP, where you will be able to read more about my ebooks on the subject and some of my client case-histories.

Many of you will already know that in the real-world I am many things including;
Solitary Witch (practicing 22+yrs) ... Student (20yrs ago - Applied Psychology & Hypnology dip.) ... Pastlife Regression Therapist (17yrs) ... Mature Student (11yrs ago - studied BSc. Natural Earth Sciences) ... Writer of 2 Ebooks (10+yrs - 'The Cornish Burning' & 'The Atlantean Analysis') ... Registered Stress Consultant (7yrs) ... Meditation Tutor (7yrs) ... Website Administrator (2yrs - PastlivesParanormal&Pagans + The Atlantean Analysis) ... Founder of W.I.S.P.S (2yrs - Woodwytch Investigations of Supernatural & Paranormal Source - private paranormal investigation group).

The reason I wanted to state these credentials at the beginning of the thread is to let you see that there is more to me that just the 'weird and wonderful' in spite of the subjects I'm interested in and the fields that I work in I am a very down to earth person who will always look for a logical explanation before accepting the paranormal option ... I think it's important to be clear about that when we're dealing with a subject that some would classify as mere fantasy ... over-active imagination ... or the result of a delusional mind

So here we go this is me (I even look relatively 'normal')
;

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a9ffde5b96a.jpg[/atsimg]
>>>Present Day1st Pastlife Memories>>3rd Pastlife Memories

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
How do I get rid of the anger and find out what and where in past lives, it came from?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I'm not sure if I can really pose this as a question but....

At various points in my life I've experienced what some would call recollections of past lives. I can give 2 different examples of this. When I was young I spent a lot of time with my grandparents, my grandfather being a somewhat father figure with a distinguished military background. At around 5 or 6, I can't recall exactly but I was around 5 or 6, I started asking my grandfather questions about war. I only know this because he told me about this conversation in later years.

Apparently I asked him about the Nazis, described a German uniform, and told him about dreams I had giving details no 5 year old would really have about WW2. I've always passed this off as one of those I must have picked it up from a movie or something events.

In later years sometimes i would catch glimpses, like waking dreams, of somewhere I'd consider to be in the middle east, sand, stone buildings, i could feel my hand dragging along the surface of the corridor I was walking, I could feel the ground under my wooden sandels. This one stuck with me for years. the only way I can describe it would be after losing a close friend or family member, how your mind can start to wander back to memories about events you barely remember, but have little control over, your mind just takes you there. It's similar to that.

I can't remember names, places, events, just feelings. Feelings of hopelessness. almost grief, but I could never pin point it.

I guess my question would be, as someone who doesn't really believe in ghosts, the afterlife, or hypnosis, what would you suggest? Am I a candidate for regression? Are these just tidbits of information I picked up over my life?
As years have gone by, being a history buff, I read a lot of books and watch a ton of documentaries. On various occasions I felt I had seen or been to places being shown before but I have never had the chance in this life.

I really don't want to go to much more into it with the type of crowd that comes here but there is more but it's rather personal.

P.S. i'm a debunker skeptic, go figure.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hi Woody,

I'm only interested in the process you developed and use. Over the years I've used the christos method (poorly named) as it is effective for most people to get into their own other lives.. and as a practitioner I get to 'sit on their shoulder", so to speak, to observe them while they are "re-living".

What I found was once I had experienced this method I was able to explore my own other lives whenever I wanted to.. that's a boon to Remembering what we are and why we are here.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hey woody, nice thread!

I've been thinking about getting myself regressed for a while now to be honest. It's something I've always wanted to try out at least once, you know, just to see how It goes or just to see what I come out with.

Anyway, one question I've been curious about was, could basically anyone regress anyone else? Without any experience in dong it I mean? I only ask because 1.) I assume others would be thinking this and 2.) My girlfriend wants to regress me and It would make more sense to try that instead of maybe going to someone whom I'd have to pay etc.

What would you recommend?

Also, and again out of curiosity, what would be the perfect conditions for past life regression to occur. This coming from someone whom has never experienced it remember. For example, any specific music which works well? Or Is there any preferable position for the person who is being regressed etc. (laying on there back, sitting upright and so on)?

Thanks and once again, nice idea for a thread! I can imagine a ton of people will have more questions for you for something like this.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I've got a question. Without wishing to appear rude why can't these so called past life memories just be fantasy's created by our subconscious minds? To me I think they are just conjured up images created by our minds just like those who are regressed and believe they have been kidnapped by aliens...
Also why are memories of someone else living a long time ago evidence that you were that person reborn in modern times? Maybe there's just so much consciousness around and that when you die your consciousness and memories are then used by someone else about to be born!
There's so many other more realistic theories concerning past lives than to just buy into the idea that you have been reborn...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
No questions really, but past life regression was one of the most positive experiences of my life.

I recommend it anyone, but find a therapist with whom you are very comfortable.

There were disturbing moments for me during my therapy, one past life late 18th century France was very traumatic, but so very real, I had to go back for an emergency session to help me cope.

The most disturbing episode I ever had in my hypnotherapy was when I had a vision of Princess Diana lying dead in what to me looked like a bus crash with lots of onlookers doing nothing to help. I had gone into a trance but instead of the usual session I drifted off elsewhere and the scenario popped into my mind. This happened about 6 weeks before the actual incident in Paris.

Afterwards my therapist asked if I wanted to talk about what I'd seen and what transpired subsequently. I was too freaked to examine what had happened too closely and declined.

Was it just freak chance given Diana's endless media coverage, or had I had some kind of vision along the lines of Project Stargate? I honestly don't know, but put the information out there for discussion, and if anyone wants to know more please ask.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by yesIAM
How do I get rid of the anger and find out what and where in past lives, it came from?

Hey there yesIAM,

A quick and simple question deserves a quick and simple answer;

Get regressed and you will discover what causes it and where it came from !

Of course you have to consider that your anger may be the result of something (or a collection of somethings) that have happened in your present life.

It's always worth looking at the present life options before we blame things on previous lifetime ... alternatively it may be a combination of something that you have repeated through several lifetimes and have continued to carry through to your 'now'.

First off you need to examine what it is that you feel angry about or what triggers your anger ... if you can think of nothing that could be responsible in this lifetime then the only way is to find the source through regression therapy.

I will be covering some techniques when I answer other posts.

Woody

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Wonderful post.

I've been interested in my past lives for some time but haven't made the effort to find a person to assist me yet.

I have some strong associations with certain things and I wonder why.

I'm off to check out your web site.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Hey there phishyblankwaters,

You might be surprised to know that most children up to the age of 5-6yrs old have some residual pastlife memories. For example, if you were to ask a young child (who is old enough to speak) whilst they were busily playing quietly with toys in a peaceful surround ...

'What was your name before you were >>>childs present name

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Hi Woody,

I'm only interested in the process you developed and use. Over the years I've used the christos method (poorly named) as it is effective for most people to get into their own other lives.. and as a practitioner I get to 'sit on their shoulder", so to speak, to observe them while they are "re-living".

What I found was once I had experienced this method I was able to explore my own other lives whenever I wanted to.. that's a boon to Remembering what we are and why we are here.

Hey there Tayesin ... long time no type

The method I developed is really very simple yet extremely effective and is based on a 3 part relaxation technique ... it is very close to hypnosis but for the fact that the client is aware of what is going on throughout.

I use the 3 part relaxation in order to stun the conscious mind so to speak ... the reason my clients can recall everything is because the conscious mind is still able to observe ... but not interfere.

All the client has to do is give the first response to any question asked before the conscious mind tries to edit it in order to make it fit in with the events in their current lifetime

I can relate to your comment about 'sitting on the shoulder' ... I always say I get to travel the world without leaving the comfort of my office.

Woody

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Hey there Rising Against ... pleased you like the thread

To answer your question 'can anyone do regression' (?)

I would have to say no !

However, if you knew the key-points for regression and had a script written by someone who knew what they were doing ... you could record it for replay.

You or whoever recorded the script would have to use a bland monotone voice in order to obtain the right effect (bore the conscious mind).

I would also recommend that anyone trying to regress themselves should have a companion with them throughout ... someone they trust completely. This person would be there to prompt you to take-on the 'observer position' should you start to recall something traumatic or disturbing ... this doesn't happen with everyone but it is very common (I have had grown men cry like babies on my couch on numerous occasions).

A little further into the thread I will post some suggestions and example questions for those who might want to give it a try.

Woody

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I read this thread yesterday. www.abovetopsecret.com...

it has me thinking non stop about regression just this morning I told my wife about it and she said she wants to do it. not much info online steps to prepare for regression and lessons of any kind would be much appreciated!

I knew there was alot more to woodywitch from that pic thread!

many thanks for sharing your knowledge.
edit on 3/3/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
I've got a question. Without wishing to appear rude why can't these so called past life memories just be fantasy's created by our subconscious minds? To me I think they are just conjured up images created by our minds just like those who are regressed and believe they have been kidnapped by aliens...
Also why are memories of someone else living a long time ago evidence that you were that person reborn in modern times? Maybe there's just so much consciousness around and that when you die your consciousness and memories are then used by someone else about to be born!
There's so many other more realistic theories concerning past lives than to just buy into the idea that you have been reborn...

Hey there CholmondleyWarner

This is a great question and one that I'm pleased has been brought-up early in the thread.

The short answer is that in some cases it may well be down to fantasy ... but speaking from the practitioner's perspective I can say that the initial few questions that I ask are very general because they are designed with that in mind ... especially as I am not using hypnosis and the conscious mind is keeping a very watchful eye on proceedings.

However, there is a very subtle difference between 'imagination' and 'memory' and although it differs from one client to the next there is always what I call the 'cross-over point'. And I can tell in an instant when a client stops generalizing or recalling things they may have seen in a film or read in a book ... and they start recalling actual memories ... because their whole persona changes.

From my point of view this never ceases to amaze me every time it happens.

The analogy I use in The Cornish Burning to explain the difference between 'imagination' and 'memory' is the Orange Analogy;

>>> If you had never eaten an orange before you could only 'imagine' what it tasted like by the description you were given.

And if half a dozen people described that taste to you the descriptions would vary enormously depending on whether the describer liked oranges or not.

But if you had eaten an orange before and someone started to describe the sharp, citrus taste ... and the fleshy, moist texture of the fruit as you bit into it ... and the sensation of the juice spurting down your throat ... then your mouth would begin to water at the 'memory' of eating an orange.

Another thing that intrigues me is when a client comes with a pre-conceived idea of where they may have had a previous lifetime (please see the link in the OP to 'Pastlife Casefiles' on my website there is a perfect example included there) ... in reality they rarely recall such an incarnation because they will be directed to the time that offers the most help and understanding to their current lifetime.

One such client was convinced he'd been a Celtic Warrior in a pastlife because he loved Celtic history ... in reality he recalled a lifetime as a Beaver Trapper in North America something that had never interested him in this lifetime ... and yet he was able to tell me how he made his traps and the best places to set them along the river etc. Instead of being pleased that he'd recalled such graphic details during his session he was bitterly disappointed because he hadn't been a Celtic Warrior
bless him.

And of course there is the research that might be carried-out in connection with the memories ... in The Cornish Burning the last 4 chapters cover the research that I carried-out after my recollection ... and yes I'm well aware that the jaded sceptic might say that I must have done the research before I wrote the book ... obviously I cannot prove that was not the case ... but on a personal level the things that I uncovered left 'me' in no doubt that the things I had recalled were memory and not imagination.

This has been the case with many of my clients ... some of which liked the idea of pastlife recall but deep down thought it might be nothing more than imagination ... I love it when I receive their phonecalls and emails excitedly telling me that they have researched some of the things that they recalled and yet had no previous knowledge of ... only to have them confirmed after a little digging.

The truth is a sceptic will never believe unless they experience for themselves ... and that's not necessarily a bad thing !

Woody

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Hey there Rob37n,

You make a good point about the fact that sometimes the most disturbing memories can be the most helpful. I totally agree and have seen the resulting benefits on many occasions.

Very interesting snippet about the Diana vision ... particularly as your pastlife memories were in France too.

Do you know if both took place in the same region at all ?

Woody

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Wonderful post.

I've been interested in my past lives for some time but haven't made the effort to find a person to assist me yet.

I have some strong associations with certain things and I wonder why.

I'm off to check out your web site.

Feel free to share some info on what the strong associations are if you feel like it. And I hope you enjoy the website

Woody

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

I read this thread yesterday. www.abovetopsecret.com...

it has me thinking non stop about regression just this morning I told my wife about it and she said she wants to do it. not much info online steps to prepare for regression and lessons of any kind would be much appreciated!

I knew there was alot more to woodywitch from that pic thread!

many thanks for sharing your knowledge.
edit on 3/3/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

I saw that thread too ... very detailed and well worth the read

I will probably add some more information about techniques you can try yourselves tomorrow (don't want to rush at it). I believe knowledge is for sharing.

And you are so correct there is so much more to this witch than meets the eye
(more layers than an onion) !

Woody

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The visions I had of France where very different to the vision of the death of Diana.

Firstly the experience I had of France was of a young man (mid 20's) who was a farmer and married with three daughters. He loved his family very much, but was compelled by feelings of duty to serve his country in fighting the English (which felt odd as I am English). My memory was of him, or me it's such an odd sensation, riding straight into a group of enemy cavalry and been killed. The strong memories where of fear, of loss, of leaving his family, the terror of impending death. The emotions where so intense that I took them home with me, I was left in tears, and was mourning the loss of his/my family. I had to return to my therapist and have the intensity of the feelings taken away. Even today, and we're talking 15 years later I can still see him and his family, and feel the loss and other emotions. It was so intense at the time.

Secondly, the vision of the death of Diana wasn't set in France, I could see the accident being at a crossroads in Kingston upon Hull, where I live, specifically at the junction of Beverley Road, Sculcoates Lane, and Queens Road. Why there I don't know, but it was what I was seeing in my hypnotic state. The bus was the kind you see in the US, those large yellow buses, but the bus was pretty much empty apart from a handful of indistinct bodies, but my therapist said I kept mentioning that the Princess was in the bus and had died.

Again it was such an intense feeling, like a real-time 3D movie but with emotional content. I never saw from the eyes of the person but as if I was perched on their shoulder, or sometimes as a moving camera.

I don't know if the experiences are genuine memories of past events as per the first recollection, or are how my mind presents information for me to draw something from to aid with healing. I don't really care which, because I took so much from the experience.

I never had anyone famous, usually met a nasty and young end, but it was fascinating. Once I had visions of being an eagle, the therapist stopped talking and left me to enjoy the feeling of being a bird of prey, it was very intense, I could sense the changes needed to keep aloft, could see prey, and could feel the blood lust rising in the bird prior to an catching a rabbit.

My other experiences where of being a victim of the holocaust, a boy who died very young falling from playground equipment in New York in the 1950s, a Roman legionary who was a senior officer on the campaign into what is now Romania, and of being a serving girl is a part of Spain in the 15th Century. The Roman experience and descriptions where backed up by doing some reading and a documentary I saw. The period, the campaign, and the results tied in exactly with what I recalled to my therapist.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Fascinating ... I love the intensity that people 'feel' it is this that helps the person become more whole and have a much deeper understanding of themself and what makes them tick.

No matter how long I work in this field it will never get old because every case is different

Did you ever research the details of the other memories ?

Woody

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Aaawe, thank you for this thread!!!
I've been secretly hoping for you to do such a thing, lol!

Working with the people you have, have you ever regressed someone who was one of his/her own relatives in a past life? If so, is it common?

Do people tend to carry over any physical characteristics from one life to the next?

How much time does the typical person spend between lives?

And I haven't read through yet and I'm sure someone else has already asked by now, but I'll ask again, what would you suggest for someone to regress him/her self? If you already have any of it written in one of your book or on your website, feel free to direct me there.

I have been interested in past life regression for a very long time and always felt there was something that I really needed to recall, but wasn't able to. Through meditation, I was finally able to remember very brief parts of what I think were my past lives, and once, even a past life of my son.

One more question and I really hesitate to ask it, but I figure since it's your profession, you've probably thought of damn near everything , lol. Before I ask, I'd like to say that I mean no disrespect at all to ANYONE... it's something that I'm genuinely curious about. Do you think it's possible that some people are gay because they were a different gender in a past life and still holding on to their preferences from that life? I'm straight, but I have many gay friends who are very dear to me and while I've always wondered this, I really didn't want to offend anyone by asking.

Thanks for this! S&F from me! I'm glad you decided to do this and will be checking out the other threads you linked ASAP!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join