It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Like To Ask A Pastlife Regression Therapist ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Hey there gemineye as I said in the OP I get a lot of private messages asking about Pastlife Regression so I thought making a thread was the way to go

Ok, answers to your questions ... great selection by the way

#1 Have I ever regressed anyone who was his/her own relative ?
>>>Not to my knowledge but of course not all of my clients get back to me with their research result ... and some don't even bother to research their recall (as a naturally nosy person I would have to check it out
) However, there are those who believe that these memories are not from a personal pastlife but a genetic or ancestral memory. Of course without tracing your family tree (on your mother's and father's side) there is no way of knowing. It is an interesting idea and whilst I don't believe this is always the case I do see how it could be possible in some cases.

#2 Do people carry physical characteristics through from a pastlife ?
Yes ... quite often in fact and it is discovering the source of something problematic in your current life buried in a pastlife that helps to resolve the problem by realizing it no longer needs to be part of your present. Other characteristics that can manifest often relate the the cause of death in a pastlife ... particularly if it was quick and unexpected for example ... if someone had their oxygen supply cut-off in their pastlife (strangulation / suffocation / hanging / drowning) then the trauma of that death may manifest in their current lifetime as asthma or some other respiratory condition. Pastlife deaths can also be the result of present life phobia ... as in a pastlife death occurring via drowning resulting in a present life phobia of water. All very logical when you think about it !

#3 How long between lifetimes ?
Variable ... there really is no pattern to this one at all ... the quickest return that I have dealt with was someone dying in a pastlife and being reborn the same year into their present lifetime.

#4 How to regress yourself ?
Tips and techniques coming tomorrow.

#5 Can a pastlife gender be held onto in your present life and be responsible for someone being Gay ?
It's possible I suppose ... however, we have to remember that we have all had lifetimes as both genders so whilst it is not necessarily the case it is possible. The one case-history that came to my mind when I read this question was a German client who came to me and recalled the lifetime he'd lived as a Viking ... he had been ostracised by his tribe because he was homosexual ... and spent a very sad and lonely existence on the edge of the settlement. He was also Gay in his present lifetime and miserably so. Discovering the details of his Viking lifetime helped him to understand why he was constantly fighting against the fact that he was Gay and where the self-hatred came from. He realized that it was ok to be who he was and move into a happy relationship that he'd shyed away from for so many years.

On a different note ... is there any chance of you sharing the potential pastlife glimpses you have experienced ?

Woody

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
My question is similar to the one above about the differences between memories and fantasies. I remember reading a book on past lives where one of the 'experiencers' described a regression scene where he or she was in a large room that was described as Egyptian. The emotions he or she felt upon gazing out on the scene were those of haughtiness and superiority. The person was trying to figure out just what this all meant when he or she suddenly realized he or she was a cat. The experiencer came out of this regression session saying, "In my past life I was a cat."

I remember saying, "Wait a minute!" as I thought this was an erroneous and unjustified conclusion. Let's just say for the sake of argument that this regression experience was as real as it gets and there was no attempt at deception at all. This person may actually have gotten into the mind of a cat, but it does not follow that he or she WAS a cat in a previous life. I don't know that cats actually think in haughty and superior terms, myself, but let's just let that part go this time. In the same manner, how can you be certain that "real memories" (as opposed to fantasies) experienced by people in regression sessions have anything at all to do with themselves? Could I not potentially pick up on your past life?

My problem here is that I fear we may be putting more into these experiences than is justified by the evidence. I'm not saying that the oast life theory is erroneous, but our conclusions about who lived what lives may be.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Where did I leave my car keys in another life? Just kidding, where did I leave my horse drawn carriage in another life? Okay seriously though, was I Alexander the Great in a previous life, or just Julius Ceasar? I need to know, if not now, then in at least 3-5 lifetimes from now.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

My question is, how does a person find a regression therapist? How do you know who to trust? In a field such as this, it seems like a person could easily be manipulated or tricked or fall prey to someone who does not know what they are doing.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

This is going to sound absurd to most, but I'm serious. Laugh at me, if you want, but I have just a simple request. Was I a woman in a past life? Not even someone important. Just your average, everyday person.

Seems dumb and simple, I know. It's just the one thing I'm curious about. Especially since we can't all be rich and powerful in our past lives. There would have been no commoners.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

In all honesty I am aprehensive about people who claim to have been animals in a pastlife ... obviously that's not to say that it's impossible.

Long before I became a Pastlife Regression Therapist I had a friend who seriously believed she'd had a lifetime as a dog ... but never having experienced something of that nature firsthand I reserve judgment.

What I would be inclined to think in such cases is that during the session and under hypnosis a simple question may have been worded in such a way that made the woman think of cats and their behaviour. Most of us at some time or another have jokingly humanized our pets and tried to guess what they might be thinking in human comparrison ... this is a similar senario in reverse where the woman felt that she was the cat (one of the many pitfalls of using hypnosis).

Another reason that I hold back on such beliefs is because it is impossible to clarify or prove in any logical way ... because however much we humanize our pets and second guess what they might be thinking ... the reality is we have no idea what goes through an animals mind.

Unlike human memories that more often than not can be proven to exist if only in some small way.

Woody

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Where did I leave my car keys in another life? Just kidding, where did I leave my horse drawn carriage in another life? Okay seriously though, was I Alexander the Great in a previous life, or just Julius Ceasar? I need to know, if not now, then in at least 3-5 lifetimes from now.

If only I had a pound for every wise-crack I'd heard like this ... you are way from the first and I'm pretty confident you won't be the last

As to what you were in a pastlife ... if this is a sample of you in your present life and there is a thread that runs throughout multiple lifetimes ... I'd have to guess and say you were probably a court jester who got himself sent to the stocks and the villagers threw rotten fruit at you ... and then you probably came back as a terrible vauderville *sp act who got booed off stage every night ... of course I can only go on what I've seen so far

Now if I can hold your attention for a couple seconds ... oops no it's gone again.

Please feel free to come back with a real question ... I won't hold a poor start against you

Woody

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by idunno12

My question is, how does a person find a regression therapist? How do you know who to trust? In a field such as this, it seems like a person could easily be manipulated or tricked or fall prey to someone who does not know what they are doing.

This is a point I feel very strongly about and had planned to cover. I became a Pastlife Regression Therapist long before it became so popular ... my clients used to be people trying to resolve life issues ... nowadays I have as many clients who come for nothing more than curiosity ... and that's fine ... but it has left the door open for the more unscupulous in the field to jump on the bandwagon.

My best tips for picking a Regression Therapist is by 'word of mouth' either someone who is recommended by a satisfied client ... or find a therapist and try to speak to people who have used this therapist.

Another guide to a good therapist is their fee. Never, ever, ever pay a ridiculous amount of money for Regression Therapy (or any other therapy for that matter). I work from home so I have no overheads and can therefore keep my fee low ( I charge £35 for a session that can last from one and a half to two hours) ... if someone is working from a business premises then obviously their overheads need to be taken into consideration of their fee either way I would recommend that no ethical therapist should charge more than £50 (or the dollar equivalent) ... because an ethical therapist should be more concerned about the client than the money ... if they are not then they should be avoided like the plague.

A final thing that a good trustworthy therapist should do is be flexible with their fee ... whilst we all need to make a living ... our service should be available to anyone who needs it and personal finance (or lack of) should not dictate whether or not someone can make use of the therapy being offered.

Trust me I am never going to be rich but at least I know I am offering the best service possible and with the right motives (plus it helps that I love my job)

Woody

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by aletheia

This is going to sound absurd to most, but I'm serious. Laugh at me, if you want, but I have just a simple request. Was I a woman in a past life? Not even someone important. Just your average, everyday person.

Seems dumb and simple, I know. It's just the one thing I'm curious about. Especially since we can't all be rich and powerful in our past lives. There would have been no commoners.

Hey there aletheia,

It's not a silly question at all (no question is silly if we don't know the answer).

Unfortunately I cannot tell you wether you were male or female (chances are you have been both at some time or another). There are some therapist (of the New-Age variety) who will 'tell' you who you were in a pastlife ... sadly this serves no useful purpose at all (and when I here these kind of tales it p!$$e$ me off no end)

The whole purpose of recalling your pastlives is so that you can learn more about you soul-self ... what makes you the person you are etc. It is the act of recalling your memories that helps you to put them in their rightful place and understand that past traumas should not be aloud to effect your present ... but they can provide you with a deeper understanding of life.

If someone else 'tells' you who you were (a) it is likely to be nothing more than a fairytale (b) it has no validity whatsoever.

Stick around for my tips and techniques tomorrow ... you may be able to discover the answers you seek for yourself.

Woody

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Thank you! Excellent answers! And yes, I'd imagine that someone with many incarnations probably would have been through lives being each gender, several times over. I always wondered if maybe someone's most recent past life could have left more of an impression... but these are the things I think about, lol! The things that go through my head! ha ha!

On a different note ... is there any chance of you sharing the potential pastlife glimpses you have experienced ?

Of course! The glimpses I've had have mostly been very brief and fleeting, but thrilling, nonetheless.

This is one that I forgot for a long time, but it just came back to me not too long ago. It was something I remember remembering (lol) when I was a child. I remember having flashes of what I assume was one of the World Wars... I don't know if it was the first or second... I always thought second, but I really don't know why I thought that. I don't remember death, fighting, planes or anything like that... it was mostly glimpses of abandoned tanks and such. I don't even remember seeing people. It all seemed very desolate. There was a lot of mud and land that had been cleared out and I remember seeing the tracks from the tanks. There was an empty house connected to this also, but I can't remember much about it. I was probably around 4 years old when I used to think about this stuff.

Another happened just a few years ago. I *think* I was meditating at the time, but honestly, I'm not 100% sure now. I remember seeing a lady dressed in 1800's clothing... she was middle-aged and had her hair pulled back and she was standing in the yard of a house... I got the feeling it was on a farm although I didn't see anything other than a fence behind her.

The one about my son... well, I assumed it was my son because it looked just like him. He was walking with a friend (I assume it was a friend) beside of an outdoor wall and I remember he had his hands in his pockets and seemed to be happy and carefree... like he is now, lol. He was was built smaller than now, but I distinctly remember him having a very long red beard and red hair and for whatever reason, I knew he was in Ireland. What fascinates me is that my son is 15 and does have red hair... well, auburn really, and is OBSESSED with growing a long beard (which drives me insane, ha ha!
)and can fake an Irish accent that would convince an Irish person that he was straight out of Ireland. LOL. Even though he's 15, he listens to and sings Irish music. He's fascinated with it. His mp3 player is loaded with old Irish songs. He flat out refuses to listen to anything modern. So when I was meditating and "saw" this, I just knew it had to be him. I don't remember anything about the friend that was with him.

There's one more where I had a split second "flash" of being a young girl (although I didn't actually see myself) somewhere in the northern part of the world. I'm not even sure how I knew it was the northern part of the world... I just knew. All I remember seeing was a clearing in front of a forest of very tall trees... very tall and straight trees. I knew I was wearing clothing made of skins, although I didn't see them.

I find it fascinating that even though there are details you don't actually see in these glimpses, you still pick up on them and just KNOW.

I would love to remember names and years and such... I really want to figure all this out. I know that I'm tied to the american Civil War in some way or another. I'd really like to figure that one out too.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by Rob37n

Did you ever research the details of the other memories ?

Woody

Daft as this might seem, I didn't do much further research. I was too frightened of finding out the answers.

I would have been freaked beyond the bounds of reason if the memories proved to be true, and if the memories proved false I would have been heartbroken. The truth is that I don't care really if the memories were true or false, all that matters is the progress I made as a result of letting those memories and feelings surface and how doing that helped me deal with the issues I had at the time.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
hey woody just picrat here . glade to see your beginning to open this subject to the everyone else.
i love your comments-[ mere fantasy, overactive imaginations and delusional mindset] hahaha . i have found the books by a clinical psychoanalyst on this subject for anyone who is interested.
his name is Dr. Brian wiess -his book is called -many lives and many masters.
he accidentally stumbled upon this thing we call regression one day when he had a patient under hypnosis, this patient had so manly things wrong with her that he did not know where to begin . this patient took him on many journeys throughout time that she began to heal herself with his help,a lot of her phantom pain disappeared along with most of her other problems over time .it is an interesting read for anyone who would like to know about this subject.
but she has given the world a very dire warning as to our future-we are doomed unless we stop and change everything that we now do .

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

i agree with woody`s answer but here is a bit more for you ,i too can do pastlife regression for people and have been doing it for 15 years for others .some of those whom we have taken back have given us names dates times in history ,even city names of places that no longer exist on maps or of human recollection and yet they can describe it in full detail even to the major cities that we know of from the past . lets say for instance ancient Jerusalem as the major city of that period in time 30 miles away there may be a hamlet from that era buried under 40 feet of sand and yet they can tell you almost to the foot how far it was from the major city and in what direction and yet it is not on any map known to us .

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Is it normal for lucid or "shamanic" dreams to offer glimpses of past lives?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

In all honesty,I would have to ask this...
You do realize that you're wasting your time,don't you?
I don't believe in past lives.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I could listen to peoples account all day (well I actually do most days
)

The story of your son is fascinating ... I would love to regress him ... although chances are he'd probably recall bein a Las Vegas Showgirl in the 60's instead of a redheaded Irishman

I call those momentary flashes 'snapshot memories' ... I have one that has been with me for years were I see myself as a Mongolian Warlord sitting astride a piebald horse leading a group of other men at speed across a desolate plain ... no idea where we were heading but we definately had a sense of purpose and determination.

Woody

edit on 3-3-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by Rob37n

Did you ever research the details of the other memories ?

Woody

Daft as this might seem, I didn't do much further research. I was too frightened of finding out the answers.

I would have been freaked beyond the bounds of reason if the memories proved to be true, and if the memories proved false I would have been heartbroken. The truth is that I don't care really if the memories were true or false, all that matters is the progress I made as a result of letting those memories and feelings surface and how doing that helped me deal with the issues I had at the time.

This made me smile ... I can tell you though that when you find some substantiating evidence or stand in a place you know you have stood before in a different lifetime it is the most amazing feeling in the world.

Woody

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by picrat
hey woody just picrat here . glade to see your beginning to open this subject to the everyone else.
i love your comments-[ mere fantasy, overactive imaginations and delusional mindset] hahaha . i have found the books by a clinical psychoanalyst on this subject for anyone who is interested.
his name is Dr. Brian wiess -his book is called -many lives and many masters.
he accidentally stumbled upon this thing we call regression one day when he had a patient under hypnosis, this patient had so manly things wrong with her that he did not know where to begin . this patient took him on many journeys throughout time that she began to heal herself with his help,a lot of her phantom pain disappeared along with most of her other problems over time .it is an interesting read for anyone who would like to know about this subject.
but she has given the world a very dire warning as to our future-we are doomed unless we stop and change everything that we now do .

Hey there picrat thanks for stopping by,

I've read Dr Weiss' books and I have a lot of time for him and his techniques

Woody

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

there is no need to get upset with those kind of people woody as it takes all kinds to make this world go around . so to those who area interested in your past lives you yourself will give to the regressionist -your name that you used back then the people around you the town city or where ever you hail from.even personnal information such as your sex back then ,family members and so on sometimes you will need only a little prompting but a true therapist will not say where you need to go or anything else .

the books on the journey`s of johnathon livingstone seagull is a great example for others to begin to understand the journey.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X

Is it normal for lucid or "shamanic" dreams to offer glimpses of past lives?

I believe so yes ... it's all part of the journeying.

Woody

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join