It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Like To Ask A Pastlife Regression Therapist ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
I think the question is...So how many lives do you think you get? Do you think you're like descended from a dinosaur. Or is there some kind of point that this all began?

Hope it's okay to offer an answer for his question while Woody rests...

Many thousands of lives are had here with a few incarnations in every Culture because as time goes by more Experiences are on offer.

It began when this world was ready to offer Experience in any form.. well before the human form was manufactured.

And, some choose incarnations on other worlds of experience in-between being Here.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
i would ask for my money back.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
What Would You Like To Ask A Pastlife Regression Therapist?

When did you decide to become a charlatan & self appointed witch doctor?
Have you no shame?

Anyone who understands the constraints and effectiveness of of hypnotherapy combined with human tendencies to fabricate information under hypnotism cannot take these people, or their 'findings' seriously.

IRM

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Have you no shame?

Anyone who understands the constraints and effectiveness of of hypnotherapy combined with human tendencies to fabricate information under hypnotism cannot take these people, or their 'findings' seriously.

IRM

I'm glad you could share your personal opinion IRM, and I respect that.

What you may not understand is that some of us were born with wider perception and awareness, which led us into the spiritual side of life to explore and experience so that we may share what we learned.

Many others jumped on the new-age bandwagon for their own purposes.. and they are practitioners you may correctly refer to as "a charlatan & self appointed witch doctor"

Those who were born this way you may refer to as an equal human being, if you would.

I do not doubt the issues with hypnotism, hence why I refrain from Suggestive talk with people I work with in this way.. I simply get them relaxed, create a small "visual" doorway to their own past and simply allow them to explore it themselves. What I learned in my 50 years so far is that the Soul knows what we need to Remember and so it directs the show.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Im not sure, how I feel about regression, as a natural skeptic I have my doubts, but its still an interesting area and I remember watching a couple of UK TV presenters getting regressed which I thought was interesting.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
My wife went to a Pastlife Regression Therapist. She was told she used to live on the continent of Atlantis. She was told she was royalty.
She sure isn't royalty in this life.
The therapist told her in my past life I was a gladiator and was eaten by a lion in the coliseum. Maybe that's why I don't like cats.

Hey there WeRpeons,

When I read or hear things like this it makes me so angry (not with you I hasten to add but the people who practice this way
)
... I have already touched on the subject in an earlier reply about the New-Age charlatans who believe they can 'tell' a client who they were and what they did in a pastlife ... people like that make my blood boil because they are turning something that is a valuable theraputic procedure into something akin to a fairground sideshow

They might just as well tell the client sitting in front of them a bedtime story for all the good it does ... and they have the nerve to sit with their hand out ... waiting to be paid for the pleasure of tellying you a load of BS.

I can pretty much guarantee that such people will always lead you to believe you were someone grand in your pastlife (Atlantean Princess / Roman Gladiator ... no peasants or murderers in their world) if it wasn't so tragic it would be laughable.

It is people like this who put the whole subject in jepardy ... because the naysayers (who tend to have very small-minds because they dismiss everything they don't understand without consideration ... whereas a sceptic may not believe but is open to debate and consideration) jump on this with relish ... and rightly so ... unfortunately they usually don't have the intellectual integrity to determine the difference between the charlatan and the genuine ... and sadly consider them all one and the same

Because Pastlife Regression is unfamiliar terratory to most people it is extremely important that the validity of the practice doesn't get tainted and choked by the fakers who have no concern for the damage they might cause a client ... or the damage they might cause to the reputation of genuine practitioners.

The whole object of Regression Therapy (whether that be past or present life regression) is for the client to recall the memories for themselves in order to reap the theraputic value and deeper understanding of 'self' on a psychological level.

Phew !

Many apologies for getting on my soapbox ... and please understand that it was not you that I was blasting

Woody

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by woodwytch

I just ordered the book called "Same soul many bodies" and it is supposed to have referenced some future life regressions, have you ever run into this?

>>>Reply to Idyserenity & UnderWater

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Hi Woody!

Thanks for starting this thread! I have read through it and don't have any questions as of yet. I'm sure as we get more input here I will have questions. (I am also on my way out in a bit, so I don't really have time to get into this too much at the moment) I will check back tonight and see if you have given us any of the techniques you offered yesterday. Like I said in my u2u I am a big fan of Edgar Cayce, whom by the way did believe in future incarnates and in one of his trances was able to give an account of it. He was the real deal in my mind, very convincing and like you did not do it just for the money, it was well before the time of the "new-agers" anyway. I am considering seeing a Past Life Regressionist, but like others I wouldn't know where to start looking. To be honest, I don't know if I have it in me to recess that deeply into my unconcious memory but I am willing to give it a go under the right circumstances. If you know anyone in my area (Albany, NY) by all means I'll take a referal!
Anyways, gotstogo, I will check back tonight. Thanks again!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
hi,

being one on the fence about possibility, is there any repercussions which could arise from having such a strong belief of past life experience in view of psychological assessment or diagnosis to such state of being.

for a practitioner of psychology, is past life regression therapy and outcome of mental awareness in belief seen as an accepted condition to behavior of mind, or do these psychologists in general terms view those who seek help and believe such as past life is possible, to having some other kind of underlying problem in opinion of cause or relevent fact as to diagnosis, belonging more to the practitioners field of study than the one overseeing this type of awareness as brought out in regressional view of therapy.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I think that there is one burning question in the back of my mind.
Why are our memories, knowledge and experience of former lived repressed? Surely, would it not be beneficial to compound your experinces based on formal lives?
edit on 4/3/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I've read the thread, and find it, at the very least, interesting.

I apologize if this has been mentioned in previous posts, but why doesn't someone, or I guess I should really ask does someone, that recalls living a past life in say Egypt, France, etc. recall the language that they would have obviously spoken or written during that time?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Does Past Life regression prove that reincarnation is true?

Were some people Grey Aliens or Reptilians in past lives?

thanks
edit on 4-3-2011 by sphinx551 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

That's true. I just thought it was interesting because I also remember reading the thread about the furture also affecting the present. The quantum theory. Well here, I will link the thread.The future affects the present
So, in theory our future lives may affect our present lives.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
I think the question is...So how many lives do you think you get? Do you think you're like descended from a dinosaur. Or is there some kind of point that this all began?

Hey there Tephra ... both you and UnderWater asked ... 'How many lives does an average person have' ?

We must note the subtlety of this question because the person (average or otherwise) only has one lifetime ... it is the soul that journeys through multiple lifetimes ... and I personally believe there is no set number of lifetimes that a soul must experience.

I do however believe that the soul 'chooses' the life that it is to experience because of the lessons that lifetime will provide. Taking that theory to the next level I believe that once the soul has experienced all lessons via different senarios that the chosen lifetimes have provided it then has the choice to make.

I see the choices to be (i) the soul chooses to become a 'spirit-guide' and help other souls develop though their life journeys (ii) the soul ascends to a higher dimension (iii) it might also be the case that a soul can choose to go around the 'life-cycle' again to relearn certain lessons.

Opinions of course may differ and I can only tell you what I believe ... everyone must make-up their own minds on all subjects dependant on the information available to them. So please (everyone) remember that the answers I am providing are my own personal opinions that I have formed via experience and learning.

Woody

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Thats an interesting possibility.

I have to admit that I dont have it all written in stone in my mind. This is one of those topics that I just have to remain open minded about because I just dont have enough evidence one way or the other to form a really firm opinion. I do always love to read posts like yours. I think you made a really good case for your viewpoint.

Plato is my favorite mind, and he famously DID believe in reincarnation, so that also keeps me very open to the possibility. The man just wasnt wrong about anything much, although he sometimes hid things in plain sight.

Hey there Illusionsaregrander and thank-you,

You have a good outlook ... it always makes me smile when you come across someone who has such a closed mind that they may as well have a padlock hanging from their forehead ... it's such a shame that they miss so much with that kind of mindset ... but likewise it is just as bad when you encounter those who believe everything they are told however absurd.

But I suppose it takes all kinds
and you seem to have it just right

Woody

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Just pausing in my reading of this thread to commend you for recommending the Christos Technique/Method

For those interested, the book which describes the technique of non-hypnotic regression experiences is: ' Windows of the Mind - Exploring the Christos Technique of Mind Travel ' by G. M. Glaskin ISBN:
0 907061 81 8

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Have you no shame?

IRM

A competent and ethical hypnotist would ask the subject for the source of the information. Under hypnosis, the subject would respond honestly, were the source a book or movie or tv show or fantasy

For example, a young woman was convinced she'd lived a past life in rural Olde England. Under hypnosis, she very convincingly described her (past) life in a rural village in England, complete with (actual) harvest festivals and songs of the correct period, sung in an extinct dialect. But when the hypnotist asked her for the original source of the songs and her alleged past-life, the girl (still hypnotised) replied that whilst at the library, she'd seen an Olde English song (in ancient dialect) while standing next to an older library patron. The older woman had been flicking through the pages of a book. Standing next to her, the girl had seen the Olde World song as the pages had flown by. The girl could not possibly have have had time to absorb the contents of that page. But her subconscious had seen and absorbed them. Such is the power of the subconscious. Later, her subconscious had expanded the contents of that page to encompass an entire past-life existence which had convinced not only the girl but also numerous psychologists who'd examined her. Under the hypnotist's questioning however, the girl freely acknowledged that she'd absorbed the information while standing next to the older woman in the library

Most reputable hypnotists are aware now of the phenomenal creative abililities of the subconscious mind and no matter how convincing an alleged past-life may be on the surface, they will ask the subject to describe the original source of the alleged past-life

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
Also, and this is a bit dark but just curious, do people remember all of their past life or just small bits? Do people remember dying or what happened after death?

Hey there Under Water & GunzCoty - you both have similar questions - 'do we (why don't we) remember all of our lifetimes' ?

Well I could write a whole thread about this point alone but I'll try to keep it simple and not bog you down with technicalities

The best way to answer your question is to ask you a question ...

'Can you imagine remembering every single thing that you have done / seen / smelt / touched / tasted in the last day' ?

Now try to imagine all that but in the last week / then month / then year / then decade / then from the day you were born into this lifetime (let alone all the other lifetimes you may have experienced).

It is literally impossible ... you would overload in an instant ... and in the unlikely chance that you managed to live through that you would be a gibbering wreck.

This is why the mind is divided into 3 separate compartments (i) Conscious Mind - acts as the sentry guard on constant duty ... it filters the things we need to be aware and mindful of in an effort to keep us safe and active (eg; where we live / facial recognition / chores that need to be done etc) (ii) Subconscious Mind - is where we store the information that we don't need all the time but can be easily accessed when prompted (eg; what you ate for dinner last night / what you did on your birthday last year or where you went on your last vacation/holiday etc) (iii) Unconscious Mind - is where the least accessed memories are stored (pastlife memories / early childhood memories / sometimes we bury traumatic memories here too)

When I regress someone I need to distract the conscious mind by lulling it into a false sense of security or boring it so that it drops it's guard ... then my initial general questions work their way throught the subconscious mind ... and finally I am able to help the client access and draw on their unconscious memories. Obviously the different stages have to be crossed seamlessly so as not to alert the conscious mind. This comes with practice and experience and is why 'self-regression' rarely brings the same detailed results that you would obtain from being regressed by an experienced therapist.

>>>Under Water

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What we need to keep in mind is that we're all connected. We may not like it, but it's a fact. And it is probably true that we're not only connected to everyone else, but also to everyone who's ever lived -- and possibly those who have yet to be born

We can't separate telepathy, ESP and related phenomena from past-lives. Certainly, compartmentalization is necessary much of the time and practical. But the mind is bound by no such restraints

Therefore, connected as we are, our mind is continally in touch with those who lived, who have lived and very probably from those yet to live

They talk of ' race memory', also - inherited memory

And then there are our ever-creative subconscious minds. Or superconscious minds, as I prefer to regard them

So who knows where this material originates. Perhaps we're linked via our DNA to long-dead ancestors, or to those known to our long-dead ancestors and lacking satisfactory explanation, we regard these memories as 'past lives'

Hauntings ? Who's to say ? It's a massive soup out there and our minds are swimming in it

Or perhaps some long-dead souls find in some of us a receptivity - a sympathy, an empathy -- a sympathetic ear, in other words. So they re-live their lives via minds which are receptive or in-tune with their own. And we - lacking any real explanation -- regard these 'memories' as our own - our own past lives

We're not 'separate'. Our egos want to believe we are. But we're one - one organism. Those memories, those experiences are out there, floating in the ether. Like radios, we hear and see what we're tuned to see and hear. Because we live in the belief we're 'individuals', we believe that what we see and hear pertains just to us. And we call these our own 'past lives'. When all we really are is receivers, radios. Whilst some of us are 'broadcasters' .. we send rather than receive. Others of us do both - broadcast and receive.

But here's the question: if we lived before as our alleged 'past-lives' claim -- and if we're alive now in our later lives -- then how do mediums contact 'us' ?

Example: We believe ourselves now to be John Doe, alive and posting on ATS in March 2011.

We also believe we lived before as John Smithe, in 1734 and now, in March 2011, we post on ATS the details of our previous-life as John Smithe of 1734

At the same time, spiritualists and mediums in a darkened room, claim to be communicating with the spirit of John Smithe from 1734 - and he's responding to their questions

Who is the real John Smithe ? How can he be a spirit who's in communication with mediums when at the same time, he's posting in ATS oblivious to the spirit-communication ?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I don't want you to think that I don't believe reincarnation is possible or that we may even retain latent memory of previous lives. There's no scientific method to test the theory either way. It can neither be proved nor disproved. As I have alluded, I do question the hypnotic regression method as a valid one for retrieving reliable accounts. There's certainly some cases that stump me that don't involve regressions and those are the ones I find compelling.

I myself have childhood 'memories' of things that did not happen according to my mother including one strong memory in a period setting (perhaps 16-1800's), yet these memories reside alongside my normal everyday memories. They may be false, they may have been lucid dreams that embedded themselves into my brain during a high developmental period of childhood. I cannot say for certain. They may even be true.

Unfortunately, there has been a parasitical industry borne of peoples desire/belief in the eternal spirit. If that's what people want when they go to see a regression therapist, that's exactly what they will walk back out the door with. It is the weight of this expectation/belief from the individual, the subconscious desire to please the practitioner combined with questionable methodology from the practitioner that leaves me somewhat skeptical.

IRM

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join