It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudasIscariot
reply to post by smartbuddy

If being gay is a sin, then why didn't Jesus spread that message? Jesus says to love one another and said nothing about homosexuality... Or did I miss that bit?

Well you missed the bit that "love one another" was not meant to be taken THAT literally... I mean, taking quotes completely out of context really gives it another twist.

I love my parents... that doesnt really make me want to have any kind of sexual relationship with them. Love is used in the broad sense of making good things for others. Jesus didnt say "Men of earth, you can now hump every woman you see in any street for I said for you to LOVE one another"... come on... really, does anyone have a serious opinion besides using old catch-phrases and out of context quotes from the bible?

And by the way.. you know EXACTLY what Jesus really meant by "love one another", and you know it was not "please oh man, go ahead and stick your tongue in another man's mouth". You know that, I know that... lets just drop the act and dont pretend you dont really know the meaning of "love one another".

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Things that will appear within the next few years in the bible: if you fart you're a sinner, you don't put any money in the basket on Sundays at church YOURE A SINNER lol how many people will start throwing their hard earned money at some plays where you pray when you can just do it at home without having to shake other sinners hands and possible listen to a pedophile tell you the ways of the force lmao

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

Fair enough. What about those with anger problems?
They are always getting angry at people. They never do violence to them, but in their heart, they are filled with anger.

When Christ enters into them, truthfully, they have that longing to stop. They are filled with love, not anger or hate.

It's not a crime to get angry, but that's the flaw in OP's argument. Gays continue to live in Sin and try to justify it.

I don't hate Gays. I don't hate anyone. I LOVE everyone, although I hate what they do.

Can you love someone who spits in your face?

Jesus can, and the Bible teaches to do just that.

Last Hope of Humanity.. Christianity.

See, I can do it too.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
LOL No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice. ...... gods gift

Gayness can be a choice...
...it can also be due to childhood imprinting by association or seduction...
...or reversion if interferred with sexually...
...it can also be inborn.

Some species of animal can produce offspring with same sex orientation...
...because of social pressures and nutrient deficiencies...
...which seem to produces changes in Aromatase...
...a hormone that convert Androgens to Estrogen compounds.

Inborn changes in these individuals does not appear to be reversible...
...although modifying the mothers social/nutritional circumstances...
...can result in her producing normal offspring.

So don't be too hard on gays...they could indeed be 'born that way'.

edit on 1/6/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

/sigh, another gay thread............ Well, being gay is a sexual preference........ /yawn. Nobody deserves any special attention because of what they choose to do in the bedroom, sorry.

Don't want to be treated differently in public society? Here is the answer... STOP going out of your way to act different. Do what you do and exercise your right to have sexual preference and do it behind closed doors like all other other people who enjoy out of the ordinary sexual exploits and problem solved.

There is no gay revolution, there are a bunch of vocal sexual deviants who are pushing some kind of pointless agenda.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Lets hope not lol from what I've seen and read on books, Christians have killed plenty for not believing in the same things they did.....

Last thing....the bible is just as confused as a 11 year old gay boy who doesn't know why he doesn't like girls lmao
edit on 1-6-2011 by ^anubis^ because: adding more lol

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ^anubis^

Christians have killed plenty for not believing in the same things they did....

Were Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, Pol Pot, Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great and Roman Emperors Christian?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Aren't I a sinner if I didn't love everyone like Jesus did? If I only love the believers, followers and not sinners, what good is that? If I don't forgive men for their transgressions, then my father in heaven will not forgive me.

Can you be so kind and tell me what Jesus thought about homosexuality?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Originally posted by ^anubis^

Christians have killed plenty for not believing in the same things they did....

Were Stalin, Hitler Mussolini, Pol Pot, Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great and Roman Emporers Christian?

lol... the whole reason that rome turned to christianity was because of an emperor... hope you do know your history.

Mussolini altho claiming he was not religious, turned to religion in his later days. Altho hating the church and often saying that islam was a lot more "adequate" than christianity.

Hitler is a complicated man... he was not religious, altho he belived in the "creator", at the same time he wrote that the aryan race was sent by that "creator". Altho he also said that he wouldnt ever ally with anyone who "aimed to destroy christianity".

As for the others... well... they're pretty much self explanatory if you know your history. Including Alexandre and Khan made me laugh tho... thanks for that

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So the question is... apparently, if being gay is a gift? If you are gifted how do you use your gift? What purpose does ones sexual preference serve? Is gay just another agenda? When did a persons nature, private decisions or beliefs, become a public debate? If gifted then there should be some contribution to humanity, unless selfishness is the rule. If you are gay and consider it a gift, how does your gift benefit humanity?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
"Being Gay is a Gift from God" Sorry. That's incorrect. It should read : "Being Alive is a Gift from God". Having the free-will to choice to be gay is something that cannot be helped but nonetheless tolerated.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Aren't I a sinner if I didn't love everyone like Jesus did? If I only love the believers, followers and not sinners, what good is that? If I don't forgive men for their transgressions, then my father in heaven will not forgive me.

I have no idea what jesus thought about homosexuality... I didnt even knew him. He did love everyone, but he also did love someone a bit MORE than he loved the others. Like Magdalene... oh and she was a woman, not a hunky roman centurion...

But I can tell you why a catholic church cant be "pro" homosexuality... basically it has to deny the bible.

Leviticus. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Leviticus. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

Corinthians. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Romans. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

edit on 1-6-2011 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have thought about something similar before...

Assuming that the word "God" refers to "everything" or "the universe", our ability to connect to other consciousness demonstrates our inherent relationship with God. Not only that, but utilizing the decision-making process by using all possible choices Creates parallel universes, thus expanding the God-consciousness.

In conclusion, being gay is just another way for God to show itself that there are various choices for exploring IAM. I would imagine this to be an EXTRAORDINARY gift, not just with homosexuality but with any conceivable variable. To know that there are infinite ways in which to experience your Self, and to know that you have the power to use these choices when Creating Reality... but I think someone who is bisexual would be "closer" to being a "gift from God", using this logic.

But who knows? Let's just leave God alone and enjoy our time here, kay?

Oh, and quoting Bible scriptures proves NOTHING. It just proves that the Christian perspective of God is limited.
I find the outrageous hypocrisy funny.
edit on 1-6-2011 by prepared4truth because: just to be funny

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

I have no idea what jesus thought about homosexuality... I didnt even knew him. He did love everyone, but he also did love someone a bit MORE than he loved the others. Like Magdalene... oh and she was a woman, not a hunky roman centurion...

But I can tell you why a catholic church cant be "pro" homosexuality... basically it has to deny the bible.

Leviticus. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Leviticus. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

Corinthians. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Romans. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

edit on 1-6-2011 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

You didn't know Jesus...you shouldn't have taken me THAT literally.

I'm well aware what the bible says, I'm just wondering why Jesus didn't spread the word.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I disgaree wit it being a choice. i think its something yuor born with. ive chatted with bi guys, who at age 13, just as peuberty kicked in, found other guys sexually attractive...and did have encounters..nothing hardcore. they didnt choose to do it, its something in them, that felt more natural too be that way.
both testaments do say being gay is a sin ..hence forth adam and eve, not adam and steve* other wise thier wouldnt be procreation*
look at sodom and ghemmorah* god destroyed the citys, not only beucase they were full of sinners and haters, but because of orgys and same sex stuff as well..mostly lesbian stuff.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The other hard part i have trouble understanding inthis, being gay is a gift from god..is HIV/AIDS> why would god allow that, give that too gays if he loved them? that was or is still how AIDS is spread..gay men* the rest, women to women, ect..is usually limited to STD stuff.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I remember being in a bookstore (Barnes and Noble I think.)awhile back and seeing a book called," When I knew." It was about when people realized they were gay. Some of the stories seemed like it just dawned on them, not like they actually chose the lifestyle. I only glanced through it, but that's pretty much what it's about.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

The bible was written by man, not God, and is based on their interpretation. The bible also says we are made in his image, so if thats true then God must be straight and gay and transgendered.

What was NOT put into the bibile? We dont know since its under lock and key or has been forgotten by time, or changed from translations over the years.

What gets me is "God" allows free will. Why allow that knowing his "people" might make choices "he" disagrees with?

If God wants perfect people, then he should have removed free will. Anything less than that, he has set people up for failure (to those who chose to beleive the bible is 100% accurate).

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
reply to post by virraszto

Yes it is a sin. No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice.

The Bible is very clear on this matter both in the Old and New Testament.
When Adam and Eve brought sin into the world everyone has urges that is sinful, that is why if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, He can help you overcome your sinful urges.

God loves all sinners and wants to save sinners from themselves but its your choice.

Wow you dont live up to your name.... what is god going to do with all the gay rabbits and dogs are they going to some kind of gay hell too?
erm and I am not gay I dont want a relationship with Jesus Christ....

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I believe that those that think that the Bible doesn't speak about what is being considered to "be a choice" are sorely misguided.

1st Timothy 1:10
New Living Translation (©2007)
The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practice homosexuality, or are slave traders, liars, promise breakers, or who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching

American King James Version
For fornicators, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for enslavers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Darby Bible Translation
fornicators, sodomites, kidnappers, liars, perjurers; and if any other thing is opposed to sound teaching,

Weymouth New Testament
fornicators, sodomites, slave-dealers, liars and false witnesses; and for whatever else is opposed to wholesome teaching

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 *9* Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders *10* nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Kings 14:24 There were even male shrine prostitutes in the land; the people engaged in all the detestable practices of the nations the LORD had driven out before the Israelites.

Leviticus 18:22

New International Version (©1984)
"'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

New Living Translation (©2007)
"Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin.

English Standard Version (©2001)
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Never have sexual intercourse with a man as with a woman. It is disgusting.

King James Bible
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

American King James Version
You shall not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

American Standard Version
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Bible in Basic English
You may not have sex relations with men, as you do with women: it is a disgusting thing.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind, because it is an abomination.

Darby Bible Translation
And thou shalt not lie with mankind as one lieth with a woman: it is an abomination.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
"'You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman. That is detestable.

Young's Literal Translation
And with a male thou dost not lie as one lieth with a woman; abomination it is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join