Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
LOL No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice. ...... gods gift
edit on 1-6-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

Its funny that people make that claim with no evidence to support it whatsoever.

Its also amusing that we assume its Ok to be prejudiced towards someone if the lifestyle they live is a choice. If someone is born a certain way we protect them from ridicule, but the moment someone chooses a certain lifestyle its perfectly normal to ridicule them.

I'm going to put myself through surgeries to become a black man and then dare anyone to ridicule me for my chosen lifestyle.

It is foolish to believe that our sexuality, like everything else we do, is not controlled by brain functions. I would not be surprised in the least bit to find out that we have no choice in the matter in regards to who we find sexually appealing.

Its pretty common knowledge that all human beings begin life in the womb as females. For nature to takes its course, and for our species to survive, all females have to be programmed to be sexually attracted to men. At some point in the womb, certain hormones can be released that begin the transformation of the female fetus into a male. If the transformation goes through without a hitch, then that male fetus will be hardwired to be attracted to women.

There is already proof that people can suffer from gender identity disorders, where a male is born who believes himself to be female, and a female is born who feels more male. These feelings of being stuck in the wrong body of the wrong sex are psychologically driven. I would not be surprised to find that disorders like the one above are caused by the female-male transformation that takes place in the womb, something goes wrong and the transformation does not complete. Whether it doesn't complete physically (hermaphrodites), or it doesn't complete psychologically depends on hormonal balances in the womb.
edit on 6/2/2011 by dalan. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

So like usual you christians just ignore science...
It is a FACT that people are born gay and studies even show that a gay persons brain is wired differently.
But i guess you will blindly trust your fictional book that was written by humans ages ago.

As children they might even behave more like opposite gender as well, which is long before they even have the concept of what it means to be gay.
How could it be a choice??
edit on 2-6-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Anyways, I have yet to see two women reproducing, or two men reproducing. At the end of the day, you can't just use two sperms to reproduce. That puts homosexuality in the mental illness closet, don't you think?

Mental illness on this is a matter of perception. I see the mental illness that gays suffer as stemming from not being accepted by those around them or the constant ridicule. Having to hide your true personality can also cause a person to mentally fragment.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

GOD make Adam and Eve; not Adam and Steve
GIFT ??? you wrong boy ...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahoosta
But if you grew up in a society where you knew you could be the way you were without fear of ridicule, with unconditional love and acceptance, would you have went through the same thing?
edit on 2-6-2011 by mahoosta because: (no reason given)

It's hard to say, because I can hardly imagine such a society. I'm sure I would have accepted it years ago, but I'm not certain if I would still have resisted it early on. It certainly would've made things easier for me though.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I guess I'm lucky that I live in a pretty liberal state for the most part, but I did for the longest time think I would 'adjust' over time. I even tried dating men...but when I did I knew it wasn't for me. I was lying to them the whole time and I was also lying to myself. Never did feel the chemistry. Not to mention there is no attraction.
I can say that through out my life I haven't felt any more down than say an average person would. It's normal to go through times of depression. I've never been on anti-depressants however...thankfully. And I know many straight people who have.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by noordmo

GOD make Adam and Eve; not Adam and Steve
GIFT ??? you wrong boy ...

Your powers of reasoning have blown away all of my standards.

link   
reply to post by Glass

It's not your inability to deal with being gay. It is your inability to deal with the reactions towards gays from those who refuse to accept that being gay happens.

link   
reply to post by tamusan

Whether mental illness is a matter of perception or not, Homosexuals can be regarded as mentally ill. In that case the argument that they are GOD's gift, is not a good one.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
reply to post by tamusan

Whether mental illness is a matter of perception or not, Homosexuals can be regarded as mentally ill. In that case the argument that they are GOD's gift, is not a good one.

Why, people pretend like kids with down syndrome are gifts from God.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Are you arguing with me as a psychiatrist or as a person without supported opinions? I can regard being christian as a mental illness. It's easy to go down the check list and conclude psychosis for many Christians.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

Are you arguing with me as a psychiatrist or as a person without supported opinions? I can regard being christian as a mental illness. It's easy to go down the check list and conclude psychosis for many Christians.

Without a supported opinion?

No, not at all. It is evident, as proven previously that Homosexuality is a mental illness, you can re-examine the definition of mental illness in the previous page. I have proven that Homosexuality produces a disability, which supports my point, that Homosexuality is a mental illness.

You claim mental illness is based on perception. I say I don't really mind, I let you slide with that claim just to leave some room for the debate, but it doesn't look like you are advancing.

Do you think being mentally ill is a gift from GOD? It doesn't look like the Bill Boards are making a strong enough argument.

Maybe you can help me understand.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Yes it is a sin. No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice.

The Bible is very clear on this matter both in the Old and New Testament.
When Adam and Eve brought sin into the world everyone has urges that is sinful, that is why if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, He can help you overcome your sinful urges.

God loves all sinners and wants to save sinners from themselves but its your choice.

LOL! I can guarantee you, with %100 accuracy, that being gay is not a choice. Also, I'm pretty certain the bible, new or old testament, doesn't say "Being gay is a choice". So blind, you religious folk are. Blinded by the faith you hold so dear.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Why don't you re-examine the source document that I provided on previous pages. Studies have shown that gay folks are no more mentally ill than us straight folks. However, gay folks do have a higher rate of depression than most straight folks, and studies have shown that to be caused from nonacceptance of their ways.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Man, If God would make me bisexual I would find love. But God is punishing me by keeping me less versitle as a hetero. At least every once and a while God sends a gay guy to hit on me and boost my moral.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

LOL No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice.

You're wrong.

No more then you CHOSE to be otherwise.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

Tell that to Ruth and Naomi, and Jonathan and David.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Being gay is Usually not a choice.

There are biological reasons why a person feels more feminine or masculine.

I have noticed a increase in homosexuality, i feel in my opinion it is from a few
different things. One, the media, and 2 a lower testosterone level in males due to
pharmaceuticals, treatments in water, processed food, ect...ect..

There is a genetic reason why certain people are gay. I have met males
that are so feminine naturally, that you would wonder if they were women.
Its just the way they were born. Essentially a female mentality in a males
body.

Often, on the other hand, you have males who have had emotional trauma
in childhood with aggressive, un-caring, emotionless mothers, that left the individual
"hating" females, and only connecting with males.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

They don't choose. I was a nurse for 40 years. Every single gay person I talked to said they did not choose their sexual orientation.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by noordmo

I noticed your avatar is of a samurai. If you study the ancient teaching of samurai's you will
learn it was long accepted for a samurai warrior to have a young boy for sexual pleasures.

Not saying it was right, or wrong, just stating the fact.

FYI.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join