It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The quiet before the storm. Just so you can't say that you werent warned.

page: 35
45
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by reluctantflux
 


the moment doubt was created ,
the vision of "free will" grew ,
the options were known ,
choice was taken,

a return is needed,




posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
My only response to this is that yes, I believe in free will. We all have the ability to choose. I see it as a gift, and yes a gift from God. What if we didn't have free will?
we would be one with the source
and the source would be one with us


one big party
www.youtube.com...



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
What makes you think this is all true? There's some interesting theory there and I appreciate you trying to help people, but where did this come from?


What have you been on OP ? I mean seriously, it made no sense I set up there and read what you had to say and it made no sense. Either i'm too tired to read this or it's just more fear monger.
:

What the f did I just read ?



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by yets777

Originally posted by Battleline
On and on about something that is nothing more then your beliefs.This is no different then the guy that predicted the end on May21 and changed his mind to Oct 21.You people keep makeing these rash statements and nothing happens.

Does humility ever set in with you doomers,do you ever feel the fool?

Ya !,something will happen someday but no one will ever perdict it.I guess if you keep posting doom you will be bound to hit it someday and then be able to say "I told you so" thats really what its about,isian't it....................................you?
nothing happening ? have u looked around you ? we are not the ones dooming, we are making u see the collective conscienceness steers it. question is where will we take it

I did not say nothing was happening,I said no one could predict it and yes what people belive in will cause things to happen but cramming it down peoples throats with GODS and DEVILS is nothing more then retoric at its best.

Who are you?you are not the original poster.What do you people do post in relays?the OP takes the first 10 pages and someone like you takes the next 10 pages and so on.A regular "doomathon".



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
What makes you think this is all true? There's some interesting theory there and I appreciate you trying to help people, but where did this come from?


What have you been on OP ? I mean seriously, it made no sense I set up there and read what you had to say and it made no sense. Either i'm too tired to read this or it's just more fear monger.
:

What the f did I just read ?
many share your feeling because they have not read the threads in the manner they evolved, would help if u start herewww.abovetopsecret.com...if u have the courage



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Sounds like you need to take the chill pill. Mate, you have got to relax, for centuries people have concluded we were all doomed, and yet we are still here. There is no reason to fear monger people, if the world ends then we got nothing to worry about, if it doesnt end then we got nothing to worry about. Chill, and enjoy the ride.....



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahon
Sounds like you need to take the chill pill. Mate, you have got to relax, for centuries people have concluded we were all doomed, and yet we are still here. There is no reason to fear monger people, if the world ends then we got nothing to worry about, if it doesnt end then we got nothing to worry about. Chill, and enjoy the ride.....
who's ride ? and where is it going? are u driving? may we offer a direction?



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I wonder -- how much free will we actually have?

Your entire post is predicated on the fact that we have a lot of free will, and I don't think that is true.

@1 We can't free ourselves from our personal pain.
@2 We can't change the laws of nature.
@3 We can't select the family we are born to, or the time we live in.
@4 We can't change the nature of our physical body or its limits.
@5 We can't escape life's labor.
@6 We can't escape death.
@7 We can't change the past.
@8 We can't see the future.

What you basically are calling "free will" is a more like a choice of whether to pay our taxes or go to jail, in other words we sometimes have the ability to make obvious judgments about possible consequences. Sometimes we make risky choices, based upon faulty information or thought processes.

I don't think we have very much free will, actually, so there isn't much free will to figuratively "give back to God", is there?

In fact, it sounds like we should be asking God for a bit more free will than we currently have.

At page 35 of this discussion thread, this point may / should have already been made.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline

Originally posted by yets777

Originally posted by Battleline
On and on about something that is nothing more then your beliefs.This is no different then the guy that predicted the end on May21 and changed his mind to Oct 21.You people keep makeing these rash statements and nothing happens.

Does humility ever set in with you doomers,do you ever feel the fool?

Ya !,something will happen someday but no one will ever perdict it.I guess if you keep posting doom you will be bound to hit it someday and then be able to say "I told you so" thats really what its about,isian't it....................................you?
nothing happening ? have u looked around you ? we are not the ones dooming, we are making u see the collective conscienceness steers it. question is where will we take it

I did not say nothing was happening,I said no one could predict it and yes what people belive in will cause things to happen but cramming it down peoples throats with GODS and DEVILS is nothing more then retoric at its best.

Who are you?you are not the original poster.What do you people do post in relays?the OP takes the first 10 pages and someone like you takes the next 10 pages and so on.A regular "doomathon".

i do not know how you interpreted this as doom ,
half actualy were angry bc they did not find the doom.
if u read carefull u will find that we are only placing mirrors ,
and that is actualy what this world is
a mirror to yourself
same as god
until u truely know him
and accept him
we are 9 people atm within these
evolution of threads
who all have the
right to conclude eachother
because we are one anyway
the fight is over
we are not fearmongering
we are learning people
to transform the fear
thus create unity
aint that a beautyfull thing



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Life a forge...and the purest metal comes from the hottest fire...maybe thats what it is all about.....thats my take on the whole thing anyway



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Axial Leader
I wonder -- how much free will we actually have?

Your entire post is predicated on the fact that we have a lot of free will, and I don't think that is true.

@1 We can't free ourselves from our personal pain.
@2 We can't change the laws of nature.
@3 We can't select the family we are born to, or the time we live in.
@4 We can't change the nature of our physical body or its limits.
@5 We can't escape life's labor.
@6 We can't escape death.
@7 We can't change the past.
@8 We can't see the future.

What you basically are calling "free will" is a more like a choice of whether to pay our taxes or go to jail, in other words we sometimes have the ability to make obvious judgments about possible consequences. Sometimes we make risky choices, based upon faulty information or thought processes.

I don't think we have very much free will, actually, so there isn't much free will to figuratively "give back to God", is there?

In fact, it sounds like we should be asking God for a bit more free will than we currently have.

At page 35 of this discussion thread, this point may / should have already been made.


You do not understand the concept of "free will". I suggest you look it up in a dictionary.

Free will is the ability to choose and decide for yourself. So while free will encompasses things like what to wear in the morning, what schooling to take, who to marry, it does not involve things like as you say, changing the nature of your body or the laws of nature.

Why would they? By exerting your so called "free will" to change the nature of things, for example deciding that all people should breathe carbon dioxide to survive rather than oxygen, you changed this for all others. After all, you have "changed the laws of nature". At this same time, you have removed EVERYONE ELSES free will. After all, they did not decide they were on board with these sweeping changes you have enacted.

The laws of nature do not have to bend to your will to be "free". Your mixing things up. While yes, that would be the ultimate freedom, it is not necissary.

You want to act as a god, and if you cannot you have no free will? You dont want free will, you want omnipotence. BIG difference there my friend.

edit on 2-6-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Brianegan
 


i think u need to stop doing methanfedamine.

but i have to ask. what are your ambitions for this thread?

lets say everyone takes you seriously and believes you. You gain fame and notoriety. What would you do with it?

what need are u fulfilling by posting this? theres something...u should try to figure that out



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
reply to post by Brianegan
 


i think u need to stop doing methanfedamine.

but i have to ask. what are your ambitions for this thread?

lets say everyone takes you seriously and believes you. You gain fame and notoriety. What would you do with it?

what need are u fulfilling by posting this? theres something...u should try to figure that out
he would probably sing hes message to the world if he got the chance . www.youtube.com...



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Brianegan
 




In other words do you still believe that your free will is a gift from god.
Now correct me if I'm wrong. But wasn't it the "forbidden fruit" from the "tree of knowledge" which gave us free will? And wasn't it the serpent who tempted us to eat and know the glory of such self-awareness? God knew that free-will would cause corruption within our being, it was outside the perfect, godly sphere of control know as the Garden of Eden. Thus we were banished.


edit on 2-6-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
After reading through the OP & the next 12 pages before I took a break, I can't lie i'm convinced. What I saw whilst on that break sealed the deal. More on that momentarily. I believe in God absolutedly & have known for a long time that it was a matter of succumbing (if that's the right word) to His will. For my own selfish reasons I never had, not completely anyway & that was my Free Will actually working against me. I do Love my fellow earthly inhabitants & understand that we're all in this together but cannot say that I don't sometimes make bad choices where myself & others are concerned. Some might say that's the beauty of Free Will but where's the beauty in anything bad really? Like many I was taught that Free Will was a gift from God. Have even argued the point sometimes but now.... I can see how it could be the cause of all our woes, past & present. It really has been staring us in the face all this time. Thankyou Brian, thankyou with all my heart as you have confirmed something that my soul already knew. I can only hope as you do that others heed your words as they are born of Love, I can see that. You must be of great importance in your world.

With regard to what I saw earlier, I can hardly believe it myself but here goes. After reading through the first 12 pages I went outside for a smoke & also to begin processing what i'd just read. I live in the UK, on a hill & it was maybe 9.30pm. The neighbourhood kids were still out, some adults too & you know, sometimes you get the feeling that somethings happening... something was. I don't want to get too deep into things out of respect for those concerned but I will say the kids are fine & as far as I know, so is the individual concerned. It was undeniable instant synchronicity though, no doubt in my mind. From me leaving my pc to what transpired took around 2 maybe 3 minutes. I was shown the way & i'm eternally grateful for your involvement in that. It also showed me that things on this world of ours are indeed speeding up.

Also, your tone or the way you come across my friend, is EXACTLY what's needed though I know you don't need me to tell you that. You have my support 100% & thankyou again, I now know what I must do.

Much Love & Light to All



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brianegan

Originally posted by john124
As soon as you mentioned god I stopped reading, and I'm guessing most other readers will as well.


Well thats your fault isnt it? Your going to have to face it eventually wether you like it or not....You are responsible for your own choices and there are consequences even if you can stall feeling the ffects of it. Good luck........I mention God often but I am connected with no religion.


I'm glad that the moderators on here are exercising selective censorship. I completely agree with john124, but please show how little free speech means on this forum by censoring me as well. "God forbid" anyone should have an opinion that differs from that of the mods with regard to religion. Countdown to censorship ..10...9...8....7..



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
My, oh my. I read this thread last night, and it has certainly grown wings!

I was letting my mind filter through this and other topics and had a thought. Perhaps, this is why suicide is considered one of the worst sins. Now I understand all sins are equal, yet there seems to be some serious no-nos behind this one. My reasoning is that in death we completely relinquish our free will. Our death is at the determination of God, but by taking our own life, we are exercising our free will over this last vestige of control. The last arena of faith, as it were.
Every other choice in life, there is a much more delicate line to follow between free will and God's will which is not always the easiest thing to see. Yet suicide has a very clear defining line.

Just my little contemplation.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I have walked into the flames a great many times and have pulled out many who were too weak to remove themselves...

Your judgement has enslaved you.....You can set yourself free but it will not be done for you.....Doesnt work that way......Be advised


I have no idea what you're talking about... do you?

-Bob



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Get exposed to enough radiation and you will suffer radiation poisoning. Get exposed to enough religious BS and you will suffer from biased pro-religion views. Religion only matters to you because of where you live and how you were raised. Its all so contradicting and ridiculous. Religions have had to keep updating their beliefs due to the advancements of science. You were all proved wrong a long time ago. Time to move on...
edit on 2/6/11 by blarged because: grammar



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brianegan

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

Originally posted by OldCorp
On the contrary, I speak to God every single day; and through His word (and that tiny little voice inside of me,) He speaks to me.


Of course. He would rather speak to you instead of thousands of dying, starving children all around the world who cry out to him every single minute and get no response.

Makes perfect sense


They are doing just fine where they are


Yes it sure seems like it from behind your screen in your nice comfy home doesn't it?



new topics

top topics



 
45
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

log in

join