It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The quiet before the storm. Just so you can't say that you werent warned.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by andyr1112
reply to post by Brianegan

Imagine theirs no heaven....
Its easy if you try,
No Hell below us
Above us only sky..
Imagine all the people,
Living for today.

Imagine theirs no countries..it isnt hard to do.. Nothing to kill or die for... and no religion too.
If we could only Imagine

Imagine this: Chaotic creation and mass suicide no matter how much the loved ones pleeded to stop the betrayal.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthCharmer
Interesting thread, and I feel much resonance with the message you're trying to share.

The issue of free will and individual will and the Will of God is one that is confusing for many. What does free will mean? I'm free to make any choices that I may desire? Even if the outcome leads to myself or others getting hurt? If I get hurt through making a mistake or wrong decision, can the will that exercised that choice really be considered to be free? Does free will mean that we're free to make mistakes and learn from them in this world of cause and effect? If so, where does that leave the idea of divine punishment? Can it really be free will when not only do we suffer the consequences of our will, but in addition we are also punished by our Creator for exercising this "free" will.

There's a contradiction here, and I hope any serious seeker - and anyone who believes in the idea that God must somehow be vengeful - will take a look at it. Free will means we're free. Forever. It's that simple. We're free to create whatever we want in this world. God will not punish us for it. Why would He? Seriously, why would He? Why would a God of Love ever have need for vengeance of any kind?

We're simply free to experiment with our individual wills. This world of cause and effect allows us to learn through experiencing the effects of our choices, and because we often create so much suffering for ourselves, it's really only a matter of time before each soul begins to tire of the game. When that happens, we become ready to lay down our individual free will, and ask for the Will of God to be returned to our minds.

The Foundation for the Holy Spirit

We are all the child of God. That is who we are. Our awareness is not focused on this fact, because our awareness is focused on the world. The world is quite literally a distraction from God. It is a place where we choose to experience individual will instead of the one Will of God.

We are loved and we are free. The expression of our freedom within the world is not a sin. It is also not our joy. Joy is freedom as it is expressed in Heaven.

At some point, each one of us seeks to return to inner peace and the true joy of Heaven. When we do, the Holy Spirit guides us from within in a way that is most helpful.

The Foundation for the Holy Spirit is here to help you as you awaken to the quiet voice within. It is this Voice that will lead you back to the awareness of God.

The book in the website above is called the Holy Spirit's Interpretation of the New Testament, otherwise known as NTI. The Book of Acts is offered for free download, and this book focuses on teaching us how to learn to listen to the voice of guidance within us. I want to quote two parts of this book, because coincidentally this is precisely what I have been learning and applying over the last two weeks. It's kind of cool that I've found this thread today, as it gives me that chance to try and teach the very things I'm learning.

NTI Acts - PDF download

From Chapter four:

You believe you have stolen yourself from God. That is to say, you believe you have made yourself separate from God’s Will. You believe it is your choice to follow God’s Will or your own, and you feel guilty for this choice, because you believe it is a sin to have made a will that is separate from God’s.

Your guilt, born of the choice to have a separate will, leaves you feeling unworthy of God’s Will. And so, out of your guilt and sense of unworthiness, you deny God’s Will by not hearing it, or by hearing it, but by not believing you are deserving to follow it.

And then from Chapter five:

An obstacle to hearing the Holy Spirit is your own sense of guilt and unworthiness. It is this we must look at . . . for it is this guilt that seems to bring on your death.

We will talk about this guilt slowly and carefully, that you may look at this belief deeply and with right-reason, so you may choose to release a belief that you do not need to keep.

First, we must discuss what God is. I have told you that God is Life, and that Life is eternal. Since you accept that God is eternal and God gives life, this may not be difficult for you to accept. So let’s take this thought another step.

God is Life,
and you live,
so Life must be within you.
This means that God is within you also.

At this point, you may feel a temptation to pull away from My logic, but please do not pull away just yet. Let’s examine why you want to pull away and look at that closely.

God is within you. This is a thought that you are tempted to reject. The reason you want to reject this thought is because you believe that God is good, but you are guilty. Therefore, you determine that God cannot be in you, and you must be separate from God. If God is Life, which you have accepted, and you are separate from God, then it must be that you are separate from Life. And that is death. That is why death seems to rule your world. It is because you believe that your guilt keeps you separate from God.

But can you not see that this is another loop of reasoning that does not make sense?

For right now, you do live. Right now, as you sit reading this, you live. So right now, you cannot be separate from God. Right now, God is in you and you are in God. There is no separation. Right now, your oneness with God is complete, and there is nothing that is hidden or not in accordance with your oneness. Right now, everything is perfect, because everything is God.

What is it that you must do? You must release your guilt. There is no reason to hide it, for there is no judge to hide it from. God is Life, and He has given His gift to you. And you are living it. No crime has been committed, because you live. It is only the belief that you have committed a crime that must be healed. This belief is healed by bringing your guilt into the Light and finding that you are not judged. Released into the Light, there is no guilt, for God has witnessed no crime.

Im happy that you are evaluating the concept but please do hurry up and choose and stand by it......Just because one hasnt made up their mind will not save them any longer.....It is seen as a trick .

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brianegan
Imagine this: Chaotic creation and mass suicide no matter how much the loved ones pleeded to stop the betrayal.

And imagine even this: a world where people don't insist there are gods and that they alone have important information about this god, and this information is scary and requires people to do what they say.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
bollocks i aint none of those types i dont believe in god heaven hell the devil demons not one single word that comes from a book thats been rewritten so many times to fit someones agenda and its usually no scratch that its always for greed and personal gain the book has always been and always will be full of # yeah im a heathen im an infidel what ever you wanna call me im really not arsed mate the way i see the world is as a realist you get this one life one chance at making it as comfortable and as enjoyable and happpy as you can there is no (a bold statement without proof but wheres your proof) higher being no higher enlightenment theres only this one life you have and by the sounds of your thread your wasting it get laid go to your girlfriend wife (boyfriend or husband if your that way inclined) hold them tell them you love them and that you appreciate everything they do for you and get on with it for tomorrow you could be hit by a bus the one rule in my life is dont regret (unless your peado or rapist or murderer) otherwise you regret living take that holiday you always wanted or that car you really want because if the world is gonna end in a ball of flames stop preaching about it no one can stop it not even your god and start living until your dyin breath im so sick and tired of doom and gloomers its those kind of ppl who dont deserve the gift of life (its a gift from 2 consenting adults not your god) wasting there time telling others we all gonna die so what we all gonna die one day just make every day count until that day

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
reply to post by djzombie

Damn man, I hope you didn't misinterpret the message, or realise that the idea of a rapture is a modern Christian fundamentalist idea.

I hope you are in good favour with the flying spaghetti monster. FSM may have something to say about this whole 'rapture' situation.

Plus, FSM worship involves beer volcanoes and strippers. What more do you need?

edit on 2-6-2011 by seenitall because: (no reason given)

Why do you want a flying spagetti monster so badly........That is just childish....Joking around shows light heartedness yes but it also show a possible two face characteristic in behavior...A joker can easily assimilate on both sides......seem like you choose inncorrectly and u choose incorrectly....no neutral.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison

The quiet before the storm. (Its about to get a whole hell of a lot worse if every person doesn’t take a minute and listen to me right now.)

well i guess its going to get a whole lot worse then because when you said

I don't give a # about myself.

I stopped believing you. Try being in a near fatal situation and tell me that again with a straight face. Sometimes you need to stare death in the eye to realize the strength of your own survival instinct.

If it meant that it would save everyone I wouldnt hesitate and you can that to the bank but Im hoping it wont come to that. (for obvious reasons) lol....But I still would and so here is why I say that.

you can't even finish the paragraph without doubting your resolve..
then I glance down and see christian flavoured preaching...
Sorry but this isn't my cup of tea, not that I drink the stuff

Peace,
-Bob
edit on 2/6/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

I have walked into the flames a great many times and have pulled out many who were too weak to remove themselves...

Your judgement has enslaved you.....You can set yourself free but it will not be done for you.....Doesnt work that way......Be advised

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
See... this is the thing. Your whole premise starts with a belief in God. That this one omnipresence created everything we see around us. Imperfections and all. I will let the videos tell the rest of the story.

There is no point in debating the issue, we all know how that turns out

First of all your definition is your own and it is not a belief at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ms1762
To the OP,

I too believe in an underlying energy beyond what we deem the physical universe, however, I make no claims that I can SAVE people, and that my way is the only way. I think it absolutely absurd, claiming that you have the one true word. Like many before you, you answer questions with nothing more than ambiguity 'spreading the word' in a very manipulative way, offering nothing in the way of proof other than the fact you know that it's true, for reasons I cannot be sure of. The next Harold Camping perhaps, but probably something less sinister. I read your post because it looked interesting but am replying to it because of the way you feel you have the right to speak to people who don't share your beliefs, and dare to disagree with you. I really am struggling with your concept here, are you a prophet? I await your ambiguous reply.

I stopped at the word however.....

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses

Dear Brian,

You are clearly excited about something - so much so that your opening piece has come across as, frankly, incoherent. You ramble and thus your post is l o n g. I could not follow your train of thought. It's a garbled sort of stream of conciousness writing which you should have double checked especially since you, and I'm guessing here, are fighting for our souls? It is FULL of errors of many kinds (as are your follow up posts)
The old adage is the 'CALM' before the storm, and, sorry... but what storm are you referring to and what exactly are you warning us about?

I find it hard to give credence to a poster who is not clear in what they are trying to say (especially when they post such a dramatic thread title...) and who does not review their words when it appears they are predicting or prophesying.

Collect your thoughts in a cohesive, coherent way and then maybe more of us will be ble to see where you're coming from and what you are trying to say.

edit on 2-6-2011 by 5senses because: add

Not my opening post......Far from it....You can not understand it and that is your fault alone.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijaqd

Originally posted by john124
As soon as you mentioned god I stopped reading, and I'm guessing most other readers will as well.

You sir are correct, and no offense to any other posters after this one from john124 no matter how enlightened they may be, but I am now also done reading this thread as well.

No real use for pages and pages of yeah God and no there's not God, if you need affirmation go to church or whatever chosen place of worship. You'll like it, they'll agree with you there instead of frustrating you with no win arguments.

In church they are sure of themselves...Out here you at least admit to possibly being worng......Read this or not it has your warning....You knew it was in here and wont be forgiven simply because you didnt want to read it like it would go away.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by light_circle

Thx for sharing, OP. I don't know if I understand really what the core of your message is. But here's my two cents anyway...

The question was asked, "If we could give our freewill back to God, would we do it?"

I don't know, maybe? I view everything has One source, and is One, and freewill is just part of this 'game' we play as entities. If we give up our freewill, then I think everything goes back to the state of Oneness, thus concepts of
'right' and wrong', 'winners' and losers', and all other dualities just disappear, because everything is One.

I would argue, where's the fun in that? Now.. what would be cool, I think, is if we can still reunite with that state of Oneness w/o having to surrender freewill. If we can learn (or perhaps even, forget?) how to live rightfully, we may find our way back into Oneness.

Then there's the matter of Choice. Like.. if I arrive at a crossroads, and there is a choice between right or left. If I choose to go right (or left) is that a freewill choice or not? If I flip a coin to decide which way to turn, is that a freewill choice or is it not? Ultimately, does it matter which way I choose? Well, to a man going to a dinner party o a women going to a business meeting, it probably would matter quite a bit (at least, it appears that way to them at that moment in time.) Though, what is the Big Picture? I think we are occluded to that, to the design of the plan, and our Freewill choices many of the times are merely guesses as to what would the "right" thing to do in this or that situation be.
So. The general idea I am trying to convey is that ultimately, freewill is an illusion, and we all as individualized portions of the Godhead (or whatever deity/deities you acknowledge) have willingly forgotten our true potentials. We have essentially blinded ourselves so that we may play a game.
Just my thoughts..

Your are an innocent but im hapy you are here.......Its not completely correct but close enough......Going back to the one ness doesnt create zombies or lack of personality or individuality....It aligns everyone together.....Too much time has passed without enough people learning this fact and deciding to choose wisely.......

Please stick around and if you have any questions i will be happy to answer yours with civility.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigdaddy7ftr

I enjoyed the read...Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It was certainly a refreshing viewpoint, yet when I look at what is at the heart of the same teachings I have followed, they are remarkably similar.

I also do not consider myself to be a part of major religions...but I do follow a blend of Eastern teachings, including Christianity (yes that was originally Eastern as well).

I have followed the teachings of Self Realization Fellowship now for some time (Paramahansa Yogananda), as it gave me the best path (personally) to experience GOD here on Earth...What can I say, the meditation and yogic techniques worked for me...and while I am in no way "Enlightened" or "Awakened" etc.., I have certainly experienced GOD first-hand because of them.

I just wanted to say that as far as I can tell, your beliefs are actually at the very core of the same beliefs I hold and the same teachings I follow. So yes, I think you are definitely onto something with your message. Of course, others will disagree, and that is their "free will" to do so...As long as your beliefs satisfy you that is all that ultimately matters.

Agreed except for the final sentence.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by berilium

some interesting theory ...

It's basically the same as saying you are god. My opinion is that we simply can't describe what we use the word "God" for. In other words, you can't put a word on it because that would limit it.

Free will is the key, you see thought creates reality because reality is thought; a single waveform encompassing all points at all times, a hologram if you will.

Ill end here for the time being and ill return very shortly to continue the work........Keep them coming because no one is posing any sort of challenge for me yet.........

So far my goal is being reached 100%

Il leave on this good note from this poster......who believes that thought can create.......

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
the only goal your achieving is looking like an ignorant fool and im sure most would agree im sure you'll reply with this is your warning or some sort of religious mumbo jumbo i think maybe scratch what i said last time its not a shag you need its a #in straight jacket mate not to mention your a boring # too lol

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Ill end here for the time being and ill return very shortly to continue the work........Keep them coming because no one is posing any sort of challenge for me yet.........

And nobody will because your megalomania will prevent you from recognizing any challenge.

Here's a challenge you're sure to ignore: prove that the things you claim are true instead of just asserting it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Brian....

We (Souls or Angels...whatever you wanna call us.....in the image of God) decided to come to Earth and in order to do so we had to be in Physical form. Now mind you there are other Solar Systems to which a soul can visit. This little visit we have made on Earth is made by OUR CHOICE to evolve spiritually in a way that God can better experience himself. Once it is all said and done we go back to God..and take note...There are certain roads we may follow in order to get to our destination in regards to Soul Growth.

Quotes from Edgar Cayce

About the Cosmos and Souls

In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth. How? The Mind of God moved, and matter, form, came into being.

Spirit is life. Mind is the builder, and the physical is the result.

In each atom, in each corpuscle, is life. Life is that you worship as God.

For the Earth is only an atom in the universe of worlds.

All souls in the beginning were one with the Father. The separation or turning away brought evil.

For man may separate himself from God - the Spirit - but the spirit does not separate from man.

All souls were created in the beginning and are finding their way back to whence they came.

Each soul is destined to become a portion again of the First Cause, or back to its Maker.

The Father has not willed that any soul should perish, and is thus mindful that each soul has again, and yet again, the opportunity for making its paths straight.

Life is, in all its manifestations in every animate force, Creative Force in action; and is the love of expression - or expressing that life; truth becoming a result of life's love expressed. For, these are but names - unless experienced in the consciousness of each soul.

All power, all force, is a manifestation of that which is termed the God-consciousness.

The coming into the Earth has been and is, for the evolution or evolving of the soul unto its awareness.

Birth in the physical is death in the spiritual. Death in the physical is the birth in the spiritual.

Each soul enters with a mission. We all have a mission to perform.

The conquering of self is truly greater than were one to conquer many worlds.

He who understands nature walks close with God.

What is truth? Law. What is Law? Love. What is love? God. What is God? Law and love. These are as the cycle of truth itself.

You grow to heaven. You don't go to heaven.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
why does religioun always sound like a riddle no concrete evidence to back it up? everytime you get into a debate with some religious folk they answer your question with a question never a straight answer! its because they dont have the evidence and proof to back up there grand claims so surely that should be classed as ignorance? to believe whole heartedly in somethin without question to take the word of god as the be all and end all

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by aka_angrygoose
why does religioun always sound like a riddle no concrete evidence to back it up? everytime you get into a debate with some religious folk they answer your question with a question never a straight answer! its because they dont have the evidence and proof to back up there grand claims so surely that should be classed as ignorance? to believe whole heartedly in somethin without question to take the word of god as the be all and end all

It has to do with faith. You see by faith, not by sight. I suppose it could sound like a riddle, especially for those that don't understand the concept of faith. It's something you believe in, not something that can be proven. We all are on a journey in this life and in different stages. You do have free will to choose what you believe in, as do others. Doesn't make it right or wrong; just makes it different.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba
[m

to be honest i think most ppl understand the concept of faith its not hard to grasp i have faith in my family and my friends there are only 2 kinds of faith i believe, faith and blind faith

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by aka_angrygoose

Interesting, blind faith. What does that mean to me? Having faith without free will I think. Haven't heard that term in a while but it sort of has a negative connotation, doesn't it? I do believe you are right and there is a difference between the two.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join