It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The quiet before the storm. Just so you can't say that you werent warned.

page: 36
45
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Axial Leader
I wonder -- how much free will we actually have?

Your entire post is predicated on the fact that we have a lot of free will, and I don't think that is true.

@1 We can't free ourselves from our personal pain.
@2 We can't change the laws of nature.
@3 We can't select the family we are born to, or the time we live in.
@4 We can't change the nature of our physical body or its limits.
@5 We can't escape life's labor.
@6 We can't escape death.
@7 We can't change the past.
@8 We can't see the future.

What you basically are calling "free will" is a more like a choice of whether to pay our taxes or go to jail, in other words we sometimes have the ability to make obvious judgments about possible consequences. Sometimes we make risky choices, based upon faulty information or thought processes.

I don't think we have very much free will, actually, so there isn't much free will to figuratively "give back to God", is there?

In fact, it sounds like we should be asking God for a bit more free will than we currently have.

At page 35 of this discussion thread, this point may / should have already been made.


yes...I made that point..a few times..not quite in your words..but none the less the same point.

Thank you for making it again




posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well, it's really simple to deduce:

Thinking good thoughts and doing good things for people (other than yourself,) is admirable, especially when a person does so unconditionally, without regard to themselves.

Thinking bad thoughts and doing bad things to people (including yourself,) is not admirable, especially when a person does so with conditions, with regard for themselves (usually involving greed, distrust, and envy.)

One road creates a highly empathic person who can place themselves in the shoes of another, while the converse is self-absorbed, shallow, vain, and self-serving through their own agenda without any care of other people. The latter is called in the worst extreme, a sociopath.

Divide the truth rightly, with basic common-sense, and it doesn't take rocket science to easily figure-out the answer to any question ever asked.

Let me ask you this: "If life were honestly so convoluted and complicated to require a lifetime to realize right from wrong, then we must put this notion aside and start-over; but surely if this is so, then we are all on the wrong path which seems like an insane maze of futile efforts."

1 Corinthians 13

King James Version (KJV)

1 Corinthians 13

1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
@Fatgoblin:

That avatar is depicting child sacrifice. And an investigation needs to be done!


Man seriously. Were you dropped on your head when you were little? What next? An investigation into why Cinderella was treated poorly by her step sisters?


And everyone has just glossed on over it. Its not something you ignore, its something an IP needs pulling and an investigation done on. And this is very common, its over. We're ending that obscenity on this planet now and every single child is going to be SAFE!
edit on 2-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)


Oh really? Well instead of taking offense to someone's avatar (which is very obviously not real) why not hop over to Africa or better yet come over here to India. I'll show you atrocities on a daily basis that will make your head spin and you won't be able to do a damn thing about it. Book a flight to Mumbai, visit any of the local slums and tell them you plan on 'saving' the children there. You'll be lucky to crawl out with your scalp still intact.

That's the trouble with many of you people from the West. You can't see the forest for the trees. All you people do is yadda yadda all day long about god and christ and love this and love that and all sorts of BS that you're completely detached from reality.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Brianegan
 


WOW! I read tyour entire OP.You go off in to many directions to make this thread cohherent.God/ No God?
I will tell you this. Enjoy the life that God has placed before you and thank him.



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fatgoblin
 


I'm really hoping Unity_99 was joking cause I fail to see how your avatar is promoting child sacrifice.

2nd line



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
so very "deep" yet completely oblivious to the fact that the word GOD is of judeo xtian origin and thus insinuates a religion i.e monotheism...

these people will try anything...ANYTHING to get their own flock of sheeple...and I ran, I ran so far away...

What if I am Diety and this is all a test to see if they can make me forget and believe that I am but a man dreaming I am a butterfly?



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Brianegan
 
Did it really require that much text to convey your message? Duh! Yes, it is our free will that has put our world in the state it's in. Anyone with an ounce of logic can figure that one out.

The situation we all face has nothing to do with "God" and everything to do with human greed. The existence of God can neither be proven or dis proven and anyone one claiming to have it all figured out is delusional. God is beyond human comprehension.

Lets get real deep for a sec. If God exists, it is more likely that it would have created us primarily to have something to appreciate the wonder and beauty in all that it created, rather than make us solely to feed his massive ego through worship and self sacrifice.

I ask you....What do you think I should do with my free will? I choose to be a good person that treats people with respect. I take care of my family and feel joy in making others happy. I see beauty in the simplest things and appreciate it. Living,.. existing.. is so amazing! I am so thankful for everything I've ever experienced in life. The good times,... the bad times and everything in between.

I ask the OP. What is motivating you to try and string people along?



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

edit on 2-6-2011 by siren8 because: cause



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by Fatgoblin
 


I'm really hoping Unity_99 was joking cause I fail to see how your avatar is promoting child sacrifice.

2nd line


He wasn't referring to mine.

Although the more I look at mine it's starting to make sense. Must be the weed



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by yets777
 


This didn't address anything I said.

Earnestly giving the OP a chance to validate his claims to me, which may result in him convincing others. If he's not interested in that, then why even post it in the first place?



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask
 

Couldn't agree with you more! Thats exactly what i believe. If only the rest of the world could share these views... sigh..



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
reply to post by Brianegan
 
Did it really require that much text to convey your message? Duh! Yes, it is our free will that has put our world in the state it's in. Anyone with an ounce of logic can figure that one out.

The situation we all face has nothing to do with "God" and everything to do with human greed. The existence of God can neither be proven or dis proven and anyone one claiming to have it all figured out is delusional. God is beyond human comprehension.

Lets get real deep for a sec. If God exists, it is more likely that it would have created us primarily to have something to appreciate the wonder and beauty in all that it created, rather than make us solely to feed his massive ego through worship and self sacrifice.

I ask you....What do you think I should do with my free will? I choose to be a good person that treats people with respect. I take care of my family and feel joy in making others happy. I see beauty in the simplest things and appreciate it. Living,.. existing.. is so amazing! I am so thankful for everything I've ever experienced in life. The good times,... the bad times and everything in between.

I ask the OP. What is motivating you to try and string people along?



then we continue in a world of greed and see where it takes us ,
if that is what people wish to believe ,
there are some that believe there is an immortal soul to these bodies,
and there are people who dont,
i think from the moment u accept that u have immortality,
other idea's come up
everyone is free to discuss it in the manner they wish
and noone is forced to read it
god is beyond human comprehension u say
but my souls knows the path home
continiue to believe that we die and vanish after
if that is what makes u feel most comfortable
i took another road
i seeked and i found what i was looking for ,
call me delusional
im happy
and not frustrated with anything others say



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
If you read the OP it is all explained
Not a word is redundant
...
This is not about blah blah blah
Not about theoretical issues
Not about concepts and vague ideas
...
This IS reality!!!
...
Better listen
If you don´t want to listen to the OP
or all those trying here to reach
out of love to YOU
Then you might at least listen
to YOURSELF
Your HEART already KNOWS
...
Speak from there
Cut to all the things you think you know
All the mindcontrol
The illusion
The mist
Cut trough and be HERE
with your HEART
NOW
...



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by yets777
 


You replied..."you create your reality as you believe it to be ". My point. YOU believe it. Fine.Yet anytime anyone starts to tell us that this is THE most whatever...its your opinion. People dont always appreciate being told that someone suspiciously has THE most important whatever, and we tend to shy away from prophets, intellectuals, politicians, seers that say they have the MOST important anything...and that makes us supicious, maybe not right...but it does.

Id be more susceptable to listen or read a thread if you said you have found somethig important...that you think it may be beneficial to everyone...or that your think everyone may find it helpful to entertain a revolutionary ideoogy...or idea.

There are many more important things the world feels are WAY more-important, to be warned about...but to read that anyone's got the MOST IMPORTANT whatever it is...they alone have the secret....well...its hard not to shake our heads. And thats free will. And God gave me mine to lean the other way when someone states or implies theyve got the answers, and their issue is THE MOST IMPORTANT one Ill ever hear about, and then you tell me Ive been warned.

Stand up in the Senate or the Church or Assembly or a grocery store and start out with that line. They will drag you away....Fair? No. Right? No. But there are other ways to spread ideas other than starting out the way you did. And actually...many would like to hear what you have to say....yet Im sure...some turned away..using their free will...against listening to another poster saying they have ..."the MOST IMPORTANT THING..."

Love, family, country, religion, freedom...those are the most important things to most people. Not someone on a conspiarcy website telling us they have "the message"...

Peace



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger
 


All the other threads of Brianegan are like that: LINK
Sharing in a loving way for those genuine interested
Go see for yourself.

This was created to reach all, because it affects all
When something are really that important and that urgent,
would you not tell?



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
reply to post by yets777
 


You replied..."you create your reality as you believe it to be ". My point. YOU believe it. Fine.Yet anytime anyone starts to tell us that this is THE most whatever...its your opinion. People dont always appreciate being told that someone suspiciously has THE most important whatever, and we tend to shy away from prophets, intellectuals, politicians, seers that say they have the MOST important anything...and that makes us supicious, maybe not right...but it does.

Id be more susceptable to listen or read a thread if you said you have found somethig important...that you think it may be beneficial to everyone...or that your think everyone may find it helpful to entertain a revolutionary ideoogy...or idea.

There are many more important things the world feels are WAY more-important, to be warned about...but to read that anyone's got the MOST IMPORTANT whatever it is...they alone have the secret....well...its hard not to shake our heads. And thats free will. And God gave me mine to lean the other way when someone states or implies theyve got the answers, and their issue is THE MOST IMPORTANT one Ill ever hear about, and then you tell me Ive been warned.

Stand up in the Senate or the Church or Assembly or a grocery store and start out with that line. They will drag you away....Fair? No. Right? No. But there are other ways to spread ideas other than starting out the way you did. And actually...many would like to hear what you have to say....yet Im sure...some turned away..using their free will...against listening to another poster saying they have ..."the MOST IMPORTANT THING..."

Love, family, country, religion, freedom...those are the most important things to most people. Not someone on a conspiarcy website telling us they have "the message"...

Peace
i agree with you , really i do but we are trying to explain those other things u claim to focus on can be influenced by our beliefs, our collective steers us , if we would join hands we are able to alter alot,
we cannot do anything by ourselfs , and history has proven that
history has allso proven there is an answer to all of your questions,
and it is to be found within your centre
when u connect back to the allwww.youtube.com...



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr
 





I just wanted to say that as far as I can tell, your beliefs are actually at the very core of the same beliefs I hold and the same teachings I follow. So yes, I think you are definitely onto something with your message. Of course, others will disagree, and that is their "free will" to do so...As long as your beliefs satisfy you that is all that ultimately matters.


I understand choosing love..I understand forgiveness..I do not understand giving your free will back to god,as the op stated? How does that fit in to your religious beliefs?





Fair question...In my beliefs, it's not quite that simple.

What I was referring to was that in the belief system I follow, we constantly spiritually evolve in and out of different lives and incarnations...First in the physical realm (here on Earth), then in the astral realm (energy), then in the causal realm (thought), and finally into complete union back with the creator.

So, in the end, we are completely dissolved back into the one anyway....This union of mind, body, soul back to our origins ultimately reunites not only our free will, but our entire existence as we know it in which we are separate from GOD.

We strive to become more like GOD every day...We will never totally surrender our free will to GOD in the physical realm, but much later down the line...many incarnations later after we have satisfied our external desires and removed all karma which keeps us separate.

That was a very brief summary, but I hope I explained it sufficiently.

Those are just my beliefs by the way...I'm only explaining them because you asked. I am not trying to convince anyone else to follow my path. I fully respect the choice of others to find and follow whatever satisfies them.



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Brothers and Sisters; All Im saying is you lose a lot of readers when standing on a soapbox waving your arms around yelling "This is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU WILL EVER..." you get it. People just turn away from that approach. And thats a shame.
We should be open to things...just not when one begins with "THIS IS IT! THE MOST..." ah well...Ive stated my opinion...and its just that. Not THE most important thing ever....just an opinion by only one person...and thats how I put it.



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by laffoe
reply to post by mysterioustranger
 


All the other threads of Brianegan are like that: LINK
Sharing in a loving way for those genuine interested
Go see for yourself.

This was created to reach all, because it affects all
When something are really that important and that urgent,
would you not tell?


It is 3:15 am where I live, at this moment and at any moment for me. You and Brianegan sound like you're smoking something, must be good to talk this crazy. Anybody in their right mind knows that post didn't make an ounce of common sense.

Believe what you want, I'm going to troll some other board here. Peace.



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
would u accept this man as a profet www.youtube.com...



new topics

top topics



 
45
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

log in

join