It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red line bordering my posts and a couple of others

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Interesting.

I guess my only comment is why is the "Gold" the color bronze? It looks like the wrong hue on my screen.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

My guess would be to make the border/title less obtrusive in favour of the content of the post...it's meant to be subtle me thinks...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Either way, I don't think it's that subtle.

Frankly, if that were the objective, my preference would have been to return to something involving the avatar section. Placing a boarder around a post is pretty bold, imo. I was very, very surprised to see that.... I wonder why that approach was favored over more subtle ones?

In any event, it isn't that big of a deal. With the world is collapsing around us, how this message board is formatted isn't really all that relevant.

Nice chatting with you again, MS. Been a while...
edit on 1-6-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

If I didn't know any better, I'd say there was a conspiracy of ATS choosing the options the members least liked.

If ATS really wants its members to give them a general consensus on these new borders, they should have a poll.
edit on 6/1/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Minor formatting fix

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Silver would have worked better with the new avatar.

Damn you slayer!

(yes i'm blaming you!)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89527e2e9a72.png[/atsimg]

Now that's a nice gesture..

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey that's purdy, thanks!

Just realised my dude looks like your dude....

I'm not stalking you, honest!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm so tempted:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey that's purdy, thanks!

Just realised my dude looks like your dude....

I'm not stalking you, honest!

Hey no problem...

Don't mention it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

lol

Green with envy

This is a Jedi mind

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Just posting this to see if I have a border of any kind.

And to add that I'm not at all fussed if i have or not, but it does add seperation into the community. So on that, I must oppose.

edit, good, no border for me.
edit on 2/6/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Looks pretty pointless. I preferred this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I mean, whatever, its all meaningless to me. Just looks like the in-crowd being the in-crowd.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Oh man you moved the goal posts, it took me ages to get 1000 flags and felt justified having Gold contributor status and now I am nothing . I'm going to need counseling which cost money , any donations gratefully received

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Elitism at its finest. I just hope the fancy outlines don't get into their heads one day...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Interesting.

I guess my only comment is why is the "Gold" the color bronze? It looks like the wrong hue on my screen.

I agree.

Still looks like a curry the day after to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

No you would not get in ever, if you just got one flag a year.... It is for the best posters, you have to be in the top 100...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'm not sure I like the way this is going anymore.

One REALLY good feature that should be included. which currently is not as far as I can see. Is an account deletion button.

Sure you can just stop using it. but everything remains there. How can one go totally off the grid if you leave your fingerprints all over the site here (and SE Searchable!), so it's a black hole. Once your here, you can;t opt to fully close.

On the subject. this will, in my opinion, now spawn a breed of poster who will in their own ego ignore and lambast any differing point of view against theirs as being below them if not gold or silver, and therefore stifle debate. additionally will create ATS "sheep" who will go along with celebrity, unquestioningly. and attack anyone who opposes their golden idol.

This is not an attack, this is just human nature. And from what I see the motives and framework, and the psychology being employed, within the limits of known human reaction, are getting a bit to PTB for me.

Hence the first point

Were is the ATS Account kill switch?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetflock
Looks pretty pointless. I preferred this thread.
I mean, whatever, its all meaningless to me. Just looks like the in-crowd being the in-crowd.

That thread was quickly closed and linked to this one..

Personally I think the majority of posters with this new honor totally deserve it..

But it would be nice if ATS told us what the actual criteria is...

I see NO consistency so IMO it is a lot of ATS admins and mods opinions that contribute to these rankings..

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

This is from SkepticOverlord:

The "WATS Index" is calculated as: ((FLAGS x 5) x STARS)/1000000.

I plugged my numbers into it though and didnt get the WATS I have so.....

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
One REALLY good feature that should be included. which currently is not as far as I can see. Is an account deletion button.

Sure you can just stop using it. but everything remains there. How can one go totally off the grid if you leave your fingerprints all over the site here (and SE Searchable!), so it's a black hole. Once your here, you can;t opt to fully close.

If you read the T&C before you posted (which you should have done) you would know that you give up any rights to the the content that you post.

17) Rights In Posted Materials: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyrights to any materials you Post and furthermore, you grant TAN non-exclusive, non-revocable worldwide, royalty-free rights to copy, distribute, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works, and publicly perform the materials in perpetuity in all forms.

You agreed to that when you joined.

On the subject. this will, in my opinion, now spawn a breed of poster who will in their own ego ignore and lambast any differing point of view against theirs as being below them if not gold or silver, and therefore stifle debate.

Let me get this straight... You think that these people, who are being recognized for their quality postings through the years are suddenly going to completely change their posting styles altogether and start lambasting anyone with a differing point of view? Let me ask you something... Is that what you would do?

What you don't know is that there have been several iterations of these visible "quality content" acknowledgements over the years - and what you say will surely happen - never has... Debate has not been stifled.

Were is the ATS Account kill switch?

Upper Right: "Log Out"

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Let me get this straight... You think that these people, who are being recognized for their quality postings through the years are suddenly going to completely change their posting styles altogether and start lambasting anyone with a differing point of view? Let me ask you something... Is that what you would do?

What you don't know is that there have been several iterations of these visible "quality content" acknowledgements over the years - and what you say will surely happen - never has... Debate has not been stifled.

You think that just because you made quality threads and posts over the years, you are incorruptible? Get real man... This new crap is nothing short of elitist hierarchy. Now there's gonna be classes of members. The "low" class, and the "high" class.

It seems TPTB really are getting into the heads of the people...

P.S.: Look at your last post. It sounds arrogant. But it could just be me...
edit on 2-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join