It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So The Top 50 All-Time Contributors List is Up! I am Shocked!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is accessible from the TOPICS menu at the bottom.

I just noticed this and am flabbergasted to even be on it, much less at number 7.

Why am I shocked? Because I don't believe I should be anywhere near that list, much less that high on the list! NO WAY! Not in the face of people like, well... I am not gonna say to avoid potential problems. But seriously, I just can't believe it. But thanks, I guess, surely was not expected.

It is very difficult to express any further feelings on this matter without stepping on some toes. So I won't.

But I do have a question: I noticed that my latest two threads are not under my name, and so is this list not auto-updating? Or are updates reviewed and manually entered? Just curious.

And I must extend a sincere congratulations to all that made it on the list, and especially the top 3. Wow. That is some seriously hard work! Thanks ATS.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Congrats for making it in the top 10 for ATS's all time contributors!!!!

Must be quite an honour and don't be shocked!... Everyone who made the list, made it for a very good reason.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Well thanks, but some of those who did not make the list at all is where the inequity lies. I suppose the only way I could truly understand is if SO divulged the formula by which this list is prepared. And you will easier pull all your own teeth than have access to that.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
the formula by which this list is prepared.

It's a rather simple function of the flags your threads received combined with the stars members have given you.

No more voodoo or magic than that... sorry it's not mysterious.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Yeah, but you still have not divulged the actual formula. So until you do there is still plenty of mystery there.

Like what determines the WATS index number? And applauses mean nothing relative to the WATS index number, or are not included?

edit on Wed Sep 8th 2010 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The "WATS Index" is calculated as: ((FLAGS x 5) x STARS)/1000000.

Flags definitely have more weight, but someone with lots of stars but solid flags can get into the list.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
nothing - my bad.

Congrats to the contributors!

edit on 8-9-2010 by v01i0 because: Editing my history

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Grats to everyone who made the list

Most of the names up there truely are not a shock to me, others I expected to be on there are... mysteriously.. not on it.

but again, much grats to who did make it

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Well if that's all this is, then I can see why some older members are not on that list- because it was before flags and stars came about. If this went by applauses though, that board would look entirely different, and I would be nowhere on it. It seems applauses should have some bearing, so certain people are not left out in the cold.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
And if applause factored into it, there would be those who complained the mods were purposefully padding the list with their favorites.

As always, stuff like this is 100% based on member "votes" in the form of flags and threads.

Also... since our daily activity was much less than it is now before the flags/stars started, don't be so sure about what history would show.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
wow Phage really gets THAT many stars?

Verily?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Now I forsee more useless threads, in the future. Just to make the List... Congrats to those who made it.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I think it takes a little bit more work than "useless thread making" to make it anywhere near the list.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
Now I forsee more useless threads, in the future. Just to make the List...

I think I will begin to write about my UFO encounters, astral-travelling, enlightenment experiences and the demons I summon every night. Oh by the way, I met darth vader, in a timeline change

Seriously tho, let's hope that will not be the case.

-v

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Congrats to all who made the Top 50 All-Time Contributors List...if you want to make the list get posting up top quality threads.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
And if applause factored into it, there would be those who complained the mods were purposefully padding the list with their favorites.

Hmm. Well considering that mods carry a "star-wand" which allows them to award multiple stars at a time, to a certain extent they already wield more influence in this than the members. By a little though, not really a lot.

But I can't see how anyone could bitch about applauses being a SOME PART of the equation. That just makes sense to me on all fronts.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Actually, no. When staff stars a post, only two stars are added, rather than one. We still can't star posts more than once.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

OIC. Ok.

Well then why the heck aren't YOU on that list, SO?

You have:

Flags: 10749
Stars: 8279

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Pleased, honored, touched, and surprised to be on the list. However its calculated, I appreciate it! Thanks!

And thanks as always to all the staff and members who continue to keep this board the best on the Net, despite increasingly choppy waters. Things are getting "interesting" in the world and on the Net, and its good to see ATS at the forefront as always.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I've negated Admin from the list.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join