It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red line bordering my posts and a couple of others

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by backinblack

IT"s about the star,flag,posts, and aplause avarage. That's why some with a gazillion stars outrank members with way more flags.

Nope..
The order is definitely done by the "W" count..

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I still prefer the old system better (hence why I put the silver logo in my background, since I meet those requirements). This giant silver or gold square outlining posts is a big "look at this poster, his input is more important to others" sign as far as I am concerned. If people are in the Top 50/100, it should say so on the profile section of their post on the left.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

If you were serious, you'd find that yak.

I did!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

If you were serious, you'd find that yak.

I did!

Yeah but the chinese left some in the desert near you..
None here in vic...

Unless I sneak into the zoo..

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
interesting, so now those posters that post just to say "i can't wait until x or y come to debunk this thread"
they will just say:

"can't wait for the precious metals to arrive"

if we peasants get those eventually is there anyway we can kindly decline?

while i enjoy the flattering, it does bestow much more responsability to the posters awarded that status, its true they already know the ropes, but since they are the exception and not the rule, not only their posts will be looked at through a microscope but they have a shorter leash for screwing up and or not setting a good example.

but hey congratulations to the newly crowned elites of ATS, now just don't degenerate and start inbreeding like all the other so called elites

edit on 1/6/11 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
I'd still like to know how the top 100 is decided..

I see no real pattern..

You have to do things.... unspeakable things.

:shk:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
This giant silver or gold square outlining posts is a big "look at this poster, his input is more important to others" sign as far as I am concerned.

Unfortunately, ATS has a fixation with giving people a status or a medal.... It's been like this for a while now and is actually detrimental to the site, not beneficial.

But hey... I can't be arsed to complain about stuff any more.... what's the point.

It's almost like government, you can protest and you can voice your concern and they tell your they're listening, but they're not and they're gonna do what they're gonna do... regardless or your opinion.

Hopefully we'll have a like button soon

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The last time we did this I was bronze. I got a raise this go-round. Finally, a little respect around here.

I bet SO eventually brings back bronze. I've noticed he sometimes does things in increments.

Now, where's my godlike wisdom?

edit on 6/1/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: mamabeth, you will always be gold to me.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

God's a touchy subject right now after the whole rapture thing...

New options being considered are...

Allah-like wisdom

This one is Atheist

A fine Buddhist

Simply stunning Scientologist

And my favourite

This is a Jedi mind

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Lol. I love it. I'm up for the jedi-like mind. The force was once strong with me, and it can be again!
edit on 6/1/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Glad to be in the top 50, but I miss my "God Like Wisdom" badge!

It's nice to see the top 50 and see members I'm very familiar with, many of them I've posted with for several years now.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The Force is strong with this one!

reply to post by Chadwickus

reply to post by ladyinwaiting

That would be cool....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Also my name is being cut off again.... Are you guys still working on this?

Looking around, most people's names seem to be intact now.

Hmmmm

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

It's a slight bug in the formatting of the top border...being worked on and usually returns after a refresh or if someone posts after you...

That said...I am with the people who say that the quality of the post is what matters. There are many here who contribute excellent analysis and opinion who should be responded to as if they did have a border. This site is the best in my opinion because we get lost in the discussion and are empassioned by getting the details as opposed to social posturing.

C'est La Vie...I may drop out of the top fifty considering the excellent amount of posters around here...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

C'est La Vie...I may drop out of the top fifty considering the excellent amount of posters around here...

Or... Contribute... defend your status.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

Or... Contribute... defend your status.

While I am mildly proud of the status and implicit accolades I really think that I may not need it to have quality discussion...

That said...it has been awhile since I have researched a thread and I kind of miss it. Time to bring back the MK topics and research in my opinion...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Not so much about the lines but this new bright blue color that just popped up this afternoon is a bit too much. It's late afternoon here now, so not too bad, but when I get on in the mornings (usually between 3:00 and 5:00) I think it's going to be way too bright. Is there anyway to tone it down a little? It's pretty but just a little too bright
Design tip: Sometimes less is more
Thanks.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
During the upgrade, some of the code migration between our web server cluster may have caused some unexpected results.

Your posts now have a subtle but noticeable indicator for those who have achieve a high-level of member-recognition on ATS.

Those 50 members who have achieved the "Way Above Top Secret" status are now indicated as "GOLD CONTRIBUTORS" in their posts (which will soon also show for non-logged-in guests).

Members in the top-100 rankings, just below the "Way Above Top Secret" group, have a "SILVER CONTRIBUTOR" indication.

Thank you very much, I like these new bells and whistles indeed! The only possible downside is that I'm going to feel a little silly seeing whatever late-night garbage I might or might not happen to have spewed on below-top-secret framed with such a tasteful and subtle border...

Thanks again!
edit on 6/1/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
. There are many here who contribute excellent analysis and opinion who should be responded to as if they did have a border. This site is the best in my opinion because we get lost in the discussion and are empassioned by getting the details as opposed to social posturing.

I completely agree with that.... which then begs the question....

Why?

What is the need or purpose for the "border" and "medal" ?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Silver would have worked better with the new avatar.

Damn you slayer!

(yes i'm blaming you!)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join