It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the End of May, and it's 43*F outside~!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I live in Vegas and while it is warm here it is still cool for this time of year

currently we are having fierce winds

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cahlmac
Weather has gone a bit mad here in Ireland too! We has a great spell of weather through April and now it's just blowing a gale almost every day with rain one minute, blue skies and sun the next and even hailstones last week.

I know we aren't renowned for our good weather at the best of times, but it's just taking the p!ss at the moment!!

Love your country!! My family and I took a vacation there for ten days ... 4 years ago. The weather was beautiful every day and no rain the whole time we were there!!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The normal high here in South Carolina is supposed to be around 80 degrees I heard last week. Temperatures have been in the mid to upper 90's almost breaking all time record highs. I saw on the Weather Channel these extreme high heat temperatures are starting to spread across much of the eastern half of the US.

Much of what I've seen happening reminds me of something I posted back a couple of years ago if the gulf stream shut down. Temperatures would clash across North America and severe storms with very high winds would likely result since temperatures are not getting equalized via the ocean currents. Now if this is not happening in Europe or Asia, then this is just a random event I believe. Are there any severe storms in Europe and Asia? All of the severe tornadoes fits into the pattern I believe. It makes me wonder if the gulf stream flow is shut down for the most part. Maybe it's still flowing and the jet stream is just causing a random event. I sure could use some of that cool air some people are experiencing.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I dunno, I mean, I've been sweating like crazy here in Kentucky, and in Ohio this past week.

Can you post historical data for this day in history for the past 50+ years?

Here is some quick data I pulled up for Portland

Daily mean temperatures for Portland OR on May 29th.
49 °F

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Living in SD, we are used to cold weather. We have had, however, one of the worst winters in a long time. This compounds the flooding we are also used to in the spring. Right now, the national guard have been deployed to our state capital to build levees (sound familiar) to combat the flooding of the Missouri expected after yet another rash of storms this weekend. This flooding is expected to filter through Iowa, and to feed the Mississippi through Missouri. While this may be a 'normal' weather cycle. It does seem there is a large number of things occurring all at once. Including outbreaks of measles and bubonic plague. I am not the 'fear-mongering' type, but it seems to me something is going on in our world our of the normal. I am not saying we must 'head for the hills' so to speak but being prepared does not hurt either. To prepare myself and my family, we have put together survival bags in case of the worst. I do hope we will not have to utilize them. In these kits are non-perishable food items, hunting and camping gear, and soon (ordered and on the way) gas masks. We have drinking water stocked up, as well as a 'go-to' plan if the proverbial fecal matter impacts the oscillator. It does not hurt to be ready for any eventuality my friends. Though we may agree nothing will probably happen, if it does I am prepared to the best of my ability.
I would much rather be ready for nothing, then not be ready for anything.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I live in Minnesota and its still cold here also..I was out planting flowers in my winter coat 2 weeks ago we have had a few days were its been warm but im still running heat at night its like summer forgot to come plus were getting alot of rain..I rember in years past being in my pool by now but not this summer i wish it would warm up our summers are short enough without this ..

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I live in Houston, it's going to be 95 today and humid. I spent 18 months in Oregon, usually ran the heater in the car in the morning. No offense intended, I'm a Gulf Coast person. If you have cool weather then just enjoy it or send it down here. It's hot here.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I follow Dutchsinse's YouTube channel. He showed a mid-US area of a line of strong storms, and says, 24 hours earlier, he predicted "A HAARP ring forecast" right there, and I indeed saw that, yesterday, as he says. Well, he was warning this morning at 6am, a forming tornado which might be headed -my!- way! I was still sound asleep at that time. About an hour and ahalf ago, I sat through near-horizontal rain, the wind was bending the trees. Then it calmed down, but right now, it's really restless out..............

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It was - 10 degrees Celcius here in Labrador a few days ago. I 'm not sure what that is in Fahrenheit. But we still have snow which is unusual for this time of year.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

it has been colder than usual, biut i dont mind because the summer is awful and HOT! were i live

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Thanks for the post, F&S.
I'm over in northern IL, and we're about 30 degrees below the historical average
daytime high temperature for our region. Just for a contrast, my wedding on the
last day of May '80 was blessed by a 93 in the afternoon. Think it was an omen..
oh well.
There was a weather forecast 5 days out for Memorial Day Sunday to be almost
90. Right now we're geting liquified again, and it feels like the end of March out there.
Anybody believe it NOW that the weather's getting manipulated, or is it normal for the
daytime temps to go through more mood swings than a roommate with a Paxil hangover??

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
Yea.. I know but, I live in the NW Oregon and I"m telling you guys, I've lived in Oregon ALL my life and I've NEVER felt it this cold before near June..........seriously .. a family member just came downstairs shivering so I checked the temp.......

it's 41.2*F~! June will be here in 2 days....JUNE as in SUMMER! I check the temps on Weatherunderground the Temp is low for this day normal is

May 29, 2011 Max Temp Min Temp
Normal (KHIO) 70 °F 49 °F

is anyone else noticing this ?? cuz' to me .........it's seriously not normal~! yes, on rare occasion it got down to 31*F back in 1936.....oh and it was 81*F in Anchorage yesterday

edit on 29-5-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2011 by Komodo
because: (no reason given)

It's about the same in Salt Lake City. It's been raining for weeks and cold. Still 180 inches of snow at Snowbird. Snowing there today and will be open'til July 4th...! 760 + inches this year. :0

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I live in Southern California and today we were planning on having some family over today to go swimming since, after all, it's Southern California and everyday is hot here.

Well, we had to cancel today's plans because it started raining.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I'm in oregon too and truly cant remember ever experiencing a weather year like this. This is early march weather, not late May.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ellieN

Originally posted by cahlmac
Weather has gone a bit mad here in Ireland too! We has a great spell of weather through April and now it's just blowing a gale almost every day with rain one minute, blue skies and sun the next and even hailstones last week.

I know we aren't renowned for our good weather at the best of times, but it's just taking the p!ss at the moment!!

Love your country!! My family and I took a vacation there for ten days ... 4 years ago. The weather was beautiful every day and no rain the whole time we were there!!

Nice one
Not too often visitors to our little island can say they had 10 days of glorious weather.
Wish we were getting more of the same now. Ah well, just have to wait it out. Summer is going to be here soon. I think it was on a Saturday last year

Hope you get a chance to visit Ireland again soon.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
And its well hot here in europe, good swap

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Ola fellow Oregonian! I too felt it was a little chilly recently, and just yesterday it hailed, 3 times! I did not think it was super unusual though, and I guess it actually is not according to this info, Oregon temp avrg from 71-2000:

Portland / Willamette Valley Temperature and Precipitation Averages
- 1971-2000
Oregon Climate Service

Temperatures are daily averages; precipitation and snowfall are monthly average inches

Jan Feb Mar April May June July Aug Sept Oct Nov De
Eugene

High Temp 46.5 50.7 55.9 60.6 66.8 73.3 81.5 81.9 76.6 64.6 52.1 45.7
Low Temp 33.0 34.9 36.7 38.9 42.7 47.0 50.8 50.8 46.7 40.5 37.2 33.3
Precip 7.65 6.35 5.80 3.66 2.66 1.53 .64 .99 1.54 3.35 8.44 8.29
Portland
High Temp

45.5 50.1 55.5 60.8 67.0 72.6 78.9 79.1 74.2 63.0 51.4 45.5
Low Temp 36.7 38.5 40.7 43.5 48.5 53.2 57.3 57.9 54.6 48.1 41.8 37.3
Precip 6.24 5.07 4.51 3.10 2.49 1.60 .76 .99 1.87 3.39 6.39 6.75
Salem
High Temp 47.0 51.2 56.3 61.1 67.5 74.0 81.5 81.9 76.6 64.5 52.4 46.4
Low Temp 33.5 34.7 36.6 38.8 43.6 48.4 52.0 52.1 47.7 41.3 37.9 33.9
Precip 5.84 5.09 4.17 2.76 2.13 1.45 .57 .68 1.43 3.03 6.39 6.46

web.oregon.com...
It's crazy talking to my folks down south where it is 94, and still 40 something here!
Now, overall do I think the earth is changing at record speeds/events? Yes, I do think so....

Peace,
spec

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I just moved from the oregon/cali border to central Oregon and I have been so miserable.. I thought maybe this was normal for central/northern Oregon but everyone at work is talking about how much the recent temperature sucks, so I guess not.

It really makes me want to move back to the place I lived way before Oregon where the temp matches the season and it doesn't drop 20 degrees at night when the sun goes down. On the border we had 300 days of sun a year.. now I get 300 days of rain/clouds a year..

I'm so looking forward to the two "mostly cloudy" and "partly cloudy" days predicted to interrupt 3 weeks of cold rain.
edit on 5/29/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Been in the 90+ here in N.C. for May...We never get this heat till usually late July or August.... We only have around 8 hrs of darkness here now also. Get dark here around 9:15 p.m. and daylight around 5:45 a.m. The earth till is screwed up now and is really getting ready to do a even harder dive in September.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If you're cold come to Texas, I just melted into my couch like that girl on that anti-weed commercial.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join