It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the End of May, and it's 43*F outside~!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Yea.. I know but, I live in the NW Oregon and I"m telling you guys, I've lived in Oregon ALL my life and I've NEVER felt it this cold before near June..........seriously .. a family member just came downstairs shivering so I checked the temp.......

it's 41.2*F~! June will be here in 2 days....JUNE as in SUMMER! I check the temps on Weatherunderground the Temp is low for this day normal is

May 29, 2011 Max Temp Min Temp
Normal (KHIO) 70 °F 49 °F

is anyone else noticing this ?? cuz' to me .........it's seriously not normal~! yes, on rare occasion it got down to 31*F back in 1936.....oh and it was 81*F in Anchorage yesterday

edit on 29-5-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Yeah i know its sad
I'm anxiously waiting for short skirt season too. )

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I live in montana, and I agree, it's been cold here at night, as well as during the day. We also have has a record amount of rain and a lot of flooding. I think it just might be a strange summer for weather.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
It snowed on our parade.
And in my yard...I turned the irrigation system off for a few days.
I am running the heat tonight. It's weird, but not unheard of...
Current temp, 37 degrees F

Reno, NV
BTW

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I have a friend that lives and Reno and he's reported the same thing, However, look at the rest of the US right now. Flooding, record breaking amount of tornadoes. The weather is strange all over right now.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
It snowed on our parade.
And in my yard...I turned the irrigation system off for a few days.
I am running the heat tonight. It's weird, but not unheard of...
Current temp, 37 degrees F

Reno, NV
BTW

yes, not unheard of but wow .. Reno~!!! it barely cracks 50*F here still feels like winter

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
i live in portland my window is opena s we speak and its 4 am and im coooold

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Komodo, I live in Central California and I was just having this conversation with a friend earlier tonight. We usually are seeing 90 degree weather by now, but it's barely been in the 70's and continuously cloudy. It poured down rain today and it's been raining off and on all month. This is very unusual. Also lots of wind this month....very uncharacteristic. It's like we haven't even experienced spring and it's already close to summer. Something is amiss.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Caintic

It's kind of surreal.
We had the obligatory high winds, signaling the system coming through. But the drop was so drastic.
I expect this impulse to cause troubles east of here over the next couple of days.
It's very still now, just cold, quiet, and a little wet. the snow didn't stick on the ground for long.
Looked a little ridiculous to see the Sprinkler heads popped up through the snow though!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Today it's cloudy here and a bit cold (20° C), but then again we had in the past few days temperatures up to 30° (85° F i think) which is more like the temperatures we have in July and August. Everything's fine here

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It was like that here, (Memphis TN area)most of last week. But yesterday it was pretty hot. Not too humid, though, so comfortable to be outside. Past 2 weeks was unusually chilly for this time of the year. This is the latest I've planted tomatoes.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Last night I was half awake and actually shivering in bed. I don't know if I had kicked the quilt and blanket off of myself but I was bloody cold. Looking at the forecasted temps I would say our overnight temp would've been around 6ºC (42 deg i think that works out as), so pretty cool for this time of year.

Theres a saying which I don't know if its universal but it should be .... 'Ne'er cast a clout till May be out'. In other words May can be damned cold so don't put away your winter warmers just yet.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Hello neighbor.
It's been a bit chilly here in Seattle lately also.

We set the coldest April in history last month
www.seattlepi.com...

Here is another site for up to date temps for May here:
www.timeanddate.com...

I have been curious for a while now, mid April, because I was wondering why I had so much moss on my deck.
I went to fire up the grill one day in mid April, & yes, it was cold out, but noticed that the birds that come onto my deck haven't been picking through the moss like they usually do every year.
Then I noticed how MUCH MOSS was growing.
About 2 to 3 times the size.
I found this site that was quite interesting here:
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

I am wondering what June will bring...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Hey guys...it's global warming...no wait, it's Nibiru.....uh, no..the polar shft.

Seriously, I have said it before and I am saying it again. According to a report the Pentagon put out about 12 years ago... we will be entering a period of sustained cooling. So much so, that by 2020... they said you would be able to walk across the English Channel and Chesapeake Bay in winter.

The US Military does studies and reports periodically to see trends and set in motion appropriate goals to respond to them. For instance, weapons developement, transport and vehicle needs, unit size and mobility...all to address needs 20 years down the road.

As such, extreme cooling and weather pattern changes will cause droughts, shortened growing seasons...which leads to starvation, instability in 2nd and 3rd world nations...mass migrations of people....increase in small military and regional conflicts as countries fight for the remaining resources.

If you watched the History Channel...they had a documentary on the Mini Ice Age...also known as the Dark Ages... and it's effects even carried over to the time of Napolean...

That 500year cold snap caused germany to be famous for Beer instead of wine, the Potato Famine of Ireland.... The Lost Colony of the late 1500s could not be resupplied....Leif Ericsson and the Viking outpost of Nova Scotia and even Upper Michigan...ie Vinland, became uninhabitable... mkass migration of Native Americans along the east Coast of US southward...and of course, Napolean was defeated by the Russian Winter as much as by the Russian Army.

The question is...Do we have periods of long term cold broken by relatively short periods of warm...or do we have periods of warm, broken by long periods of cold?

And are we headed that way now?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Pole-shift must be, it's 38 here in Mexico. No, that's 38 Celsius for the mid-afternoon high, about 100 F. We have our hottest weather in Spring here and cools in June when we start getting late-afternoon rains for about 30 minutes each day, normally.

We are having a heatwave here but it's fairly normal otherwise. Interesting weather. Horrible weather for some of you folks up north, tornados and such. All on the same continent though, strange these extremes. It is kind of brisk at the moment, typically kind of cold in the mornings and seems reasonably normal right now. We are up about 6500 feet above sea level.

I am hoping things will get back to normal for us in the next day or so. Best of luck to you all. -Eron

edit on 29-5-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Sounds like you guys are here in Saskatchewan. It went down to 0 here last night and it will be +3 overnight tonight with a high of 16C for today. Pretty close to normal around here. Still...good weather for yard work.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
i dont live there but it was hot last year at this time but its been freezing lately brrrr

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Wow its been in the 90's all week here in NC.

Like to see some cooler weather before summer really hits.

Just checked next weeks temps. high 90's all week. Pump some of that cool air here

edit on 29-5-2011 by Cohort because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Here in Australia we've been having some pretty cold ones since April, unusual for that time of the year as our coldest months usually start mid June until early Sept.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Pole-shift must be, it's 38 here in Mexico. No, that's 38 Celsius for the mid-afternoon high, about 100 F. We have our hottest weather in Spring here and cools in June when we start getting late-afternoon rains for about 30 minutes each day, normally.

We are having a heatwave here but it's fairly normal otherwise.

You made it sound like nothing. That temp would've made me maaadddd!!!!
. It's 54F here in Auckland NZ atm, it's actually warmer than last year...

So I reckon, the 'cooling wave' only affects Northern temperate zones, elsewhere is getting warmer. It's a smaller region by comparison to the combined equatorial and the whole southern hemisphere... Thus, it's a weak argument that the reverse is happening and the world is cooling down.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join