It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the End of May, and it's 43*F outside~!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
Yeah i know its sad
I'm anxiously waiting for short skirt season too. )

Need pics.

Here in scenic NJ we finally had a 'Kodak moment' day yesterday. Otherwise its been miserable weather up to now, more overcast and rain than jolly old England. But we have to count our blessings --- look at the catastrophes that are taking place here and abroad. 2011 is proving to be a scary year IMHO.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I am here in Southern Ontario we have had a very cold very very wet May. We haven't had a sunny day in weeks! We are at least 4-6 degrees C below normal during the day but a a couple degrees above average at night. That I can't understand.
We are at or past record rain fall for May.
The pattern seems to be partly sunny on Saturday then rain and complete cloud cover for the other six days.
Something is very wrong this spring.
It is the end of May and I haven't even jumped in the pool yet!!!!
I would take some global warming right now! I know my tomato and pepper plants would like it!

Also if this weather doesn't crack soon there will be problems, everyone is grumpy police are reporting to more calls it seems everyone is ready to snap!
edit on 29-5-2011 by PLUMBER1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Its been a cold wet May for sure here in Nova Scotia, the worst I have seen in years, we have had it pretty good for the past 10 years or so in May with fairly warm weather.

But I remember back in the 70s when Mays were this cool etc, heck we would get snow in June sometimes lol , we have been spoiled with this warm weather over the past 10 to 15 years. Maybe we are switching back to 60s and 70s weather patterns again. Just need to re adapt I guess....P

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It's been cold and raining here in NW Oh. It's rained so much my whole yard is flooded. No garden for me this year. Normally, we have to add water to our pool after winterizing, but this year, the rainwater has filled the pool up to the brim.
The weather is going from cold ( 40's) to the high 80's-90's all next week.

The mosquito's are TERRIBLE. My yard is flooded calf deep in some places, but this is what most of it looks like and has looked like for over a month now. It has rained so much the past couple months, we've only been able to cut the grass 2 times, and it's growing pretty high.

edit on 29-5-2011 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It's been so hot here in Texas that it feels like July or August. Worried about NM too. As much as it's going to hurt, we desperately need a tropical storm.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

You mentioned England and rain, well I'm in the South East of England and we have had about 5% of our expected rainfall for spring. Normally in April it rains most of the time but this year we had a bit of a heatwave. We have had quite a bit of rain futher North in the country but I can't remember it being this dry down here. There are cracks in the ground due to the dryness.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by triplemmm

im in edin Scotland. although we usually get spots of rain in april/may here its been pretty hectic weather wise, one day we had hurricane weather ( 130mph winds i believe it was) the next day it was calm and serene and hot, then it rained for 4 days straight with gale force winds. the weather is so up and down even for Scotland (and hey we r used to having the 4 seasons in one day here) the weather has been more like autumn weather rather than late spring summer. we even had snow one day last week

weather everywhere has been hectic and increased, nothing much for it but to ride it out i guess
edit on 29/5/11 by ronishia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Weather has gone a bit mad here in Ireland too! We has a great spell of weather through April and now it's just blowing a gale almost every day with rain one minute, blue skies and sun the next and even hailstones last week.

I know we aren't renowned for our good weather at the best of times, but it's just taking the p!ss at the moment!!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yeah, here in central Texas, we would gladly take some of that cold air. It was 103 yesterday... and not even summer. I am NOT looking forward to July heat.
Edit- The winds have been unusually strong though.
edit on 29-5-2011 by toolstarr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
According to that Map or Drought Monitor, I am in the thick of it!

We have "Officially" passed our record for the number of days without rain. I have not seen a drop since October! Southwest New Mexico.

I am seriously looking into a "rain dance"; I wonder if being naked is required?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
im in chicago and it went from60%F to 2 days later 90% F to 2 days later 40 % F its been cold and rainy for 2 weeks straight p.s its gonna be %90 degrees tomorrow..

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
its been a balmy and foggy may down on block island, rhode island and def not as warm as it should be. we have been in a shroud of fog the hole month and if i dont see the sun soon im gonna blow my brains out

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
im in chicago and it went from60%F to 2 days later 90% F to 2 days later 40 % F its been cold and rainy for 2 weeks straight p.s its gonna be %90 degrees tomorrow..

I live about a hundred (and change) miles West from there. This morning Sunday, I'm sitting here, and it keeps getting darker and darker. Now I'm hearing rumbling thunder. I hope I don't get attacked by the large hail again. Uh oh here come the rain.......

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cohort
Wow its been in the 90's all week here in NC.

Like to see some cooler weather before summer really hits.

Just checked next weeks temps. high 90's all week. Pump some of that cool air here

edit on 29-5-2011 by Cohort because: (no reason given)

Iwas just about to mention its in the 90's here in NC, I got the AC cranking and its still hot

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So, I just now turned my Weather Channel on. There's a red crawl, bottom. Severe thunderstorm. Capable of producing golf ball size hail and 60 mi an hr winds. Moving East -from- Iowa areas at 60 miles-pr-hr.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm in the Texas Gulf Coast area and it is H-O-T!!! We are in the middle of a drought. When I mowed my yard 5 days ago it looked like a dust storm had hit my property and it took 2 baths to scrub all the dust off! We are used to it being in the 90s at this time of year but the dryness is disturbing. In recent history when it has been so dry this time of year within a few months we were hit by major hurricanes. We rode out Rita and Ike and I am not looking forward to another hurricane, but so far the weather services are predicting a rough season this year.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm on the north-east coast and we have been having big swings in temperature. The low earier this month in may was 41F, now the highs are around 90F, almost a 50F swing. That is not normal for this area. We also had rain every day this month except 8 days with alot of severe thunderstorms. Now it is very clammy and humid since the temperature raised.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
All month long I've been saying to my wife and others. This is far from the normal weather we have in May.
Usually May is the beginning of humidity and heat here in Apple Valley Ca. and all of So.Cal. It's like winter hasn't left yet and Spring ? Well, the birds are glad we have bird houses in the front yard. But it has been freezing at night. Later on I'll go out and see if the chicks in both familys are still alive. Windy and cold again today. Cumalus clouds linger.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
New York city here, and we have been stuck in a constant heatwave now for the last two weeks. ALmost 90F which is not normal for this month. Normally we would be around 70F. Weather has been strange indeed... ( of course that did not stop me from hitting up the beach)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cohort
Wow its been in the 90's all week here in NC.

Like to see some cooler weather before summer really hits.

Just checked next weeks temps. high 90's all week. Pump some of that cool air here

edit on 29-5-2011 by Cohort because: (no reason given)

Yeap...it sure has been hot here! One day this past week it was 99degrees F. Whew!! Long hot summer to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join