It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the End of May, and it's 43*F outside~!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
OP, compared to everywhere else we have it great! I'm north of you in Vancouver BC and yes, it has been "below average" if you can call it that but the sun is still out, and it's nice enough to have a window open at night, sleeping with no shirt, so I can't complain.

www.theweathernetwork.com...

we can see in this satellite imagery that the low pressure circulating off northern BC is generating cooler air out of Alaska while cooler air is funneling out of northern BC. most of the warmer continental airs are pushing east, if there was high pressure in SW US then we would have warmer airs being generated towards us.

dont worry though, this will change in about a week, the winds will switch direction, although I believe it will still stay cloudy

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It's snowing up here in Lake Tahoe as we speak. LOL...

Oh well.. ZERO Boats on the Water.

White Caps in May!! Go figure.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

We're returning to glacial maximum and thats a SHTF scenario most haven't planned for. Here's some good information on it. www.iceagenow.com...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
im in the desert in Arizona and we're dying here, the heat makes you want to kill yourself, not even with the AC you feel cool.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Same here it is at least 46 now but the last few nights our heater has been turning on and we keep it at 64. This is not typical May weather for us in Idaho. Usually by now it is easy 80's sometimes even 90's..brrrrrr
I had even packed away all the winter coats and supplies..

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

northern england today, and most of the British Isles

12 best ..8 low degrees C
seriously cold

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I am in the Florida panhandle, we have been having really cool nights.. unusually cool. I have never seen it
this cold at night in May before.

If I am correct, next winter will be even worse than this one was. We are headed into another ice age. It will be interesting to see how long it takes the Global Warming crowd to realize they have been had by Al Gore and the carbon trading scam.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Upthepunx
its been a balmy and foggy may down on block island, rhode island and def not as warm as it should be. we have been in a shroud of fog the hole month and if i dont see the sun soon im gonna blow my brains out

You live on block Island? You lucky son of a ....!
I'm in Rhode island too and most of it was cold and rainy until this week. Now we finally have some warmth and sunshine. Even though New England is notorious for weather changing drastically and quickly, this is most unusual for late May.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
yesterday it was 90 here in vegas, today long pants and jacket.
I swear this has been the windiest year I can remember.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm in southwest TX. Normally the temp is in the upper 80's to low 90's. We have had 102 and 103 for past 10 days. Normally the monsoons have started. Not as of today. However along with the102plus temps the humidity is ranging66% and higher, were baking. Not normal

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
My theory is that HAARP is being repeatedly used to deliberately push the jet stream to the south. This drags cool air down from Canada, lowering the average temperature across the Continental US. Most likely the reasoning is to mediate the effects of Global Warming. The Intellicast website gives a good daily picture of the North American Jet Stream, and you can see big "loops" of the jet stream that show these "pushes". I believe this is exactly what HAARP was built for, and exactly how it is being used. Most of the other silly stuff about HAARP is simply disinformation or hysteria. On Ventura's program about HAARP, Bernard Eastland's son was interviewed and said something like "Dad was real exited that his invention might be able to change the weather by moving the jet stream". Guess what, I'm pretty sure that's exactly how it is being used right now. Extreme weather also results where the warm and cold air masses meet. My best guess is that this is an undesired by-product of pushing cooler air to the south. I'm not about to blame HAARP for the recent tornadoes but I do wonder...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Well I'm in Central Canada north of you and today it was 70 F outside so must be a Oregon thing! The central pacific has been undergoing an El Nino (or was it the opposite?) effect so that could be what's up. We have had one of the wettest springs in recent memory though.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Yes....in Utah here....and it snowed a little last night. I've had it. The climates on the earth change...I have decided to move south. In 16 days I am moving to Florida!!!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Upthepunx

Sry about that man, in Central New York the weather has been really weird for the past half a year. We had a huge falling of snow this year, more than 6ft (cumulative, it didn't stay). It has rained so much the rivers are flooded.

centralny.ynn.com...

Usually in Central New York we see much more grey sky's than blue, but I'm seeing the sun almost every day. And it's really hot for this time of year.

www.syracuse.com...

It's only mid may and we are at mid 85's, come on.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
not sure if related but colorado got a lot of snow lately. they set a record at 19ft

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Yep.. wife comes from Oceanside and agrees that it SHOULD be in the 90s.....I was shocked that Reno wasn't at LEAST in the 80's~!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

cool thx for that info.. I was about to wounder if it was world wide or US related only, hmmm..

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I live not too far north of Oregon. Is is indeed a cold, wet spring. Not normal, but not unprecedented. It's been about 15 years since they seen temps this low this time of year in this part of the West coast. Likely due to a colder-than-normal la nina cycle, which is also contributing to storms in the midwest.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ficargul

agreed and I usually don't but when your mind is thinking .. where' s the sun ? and then realize.. .it's 2 days away from June ~!! I'm at least expecting 55-60's here.. Wife and I keep talking about earlier in the month of May say'n like.. "yep .. spring will be here ..." but then we realized.. Spring was here back in MARCH~!

Spring was in March LOL.. yea.. something is up ..

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldave

deep thanks for the links .. ~!!!! wow.. coldest day in history.......that's a little scary what was the coldest day actually ??

sorry i asked b4 i checked the link ;D

edit on 29-5-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join