It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Kokesh Body Slammed for Dancing at Jefferson Memorial

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by KEMIK

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by KEMIK
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I don't think it matters much if the cop shot the person without just cause.

What I am saying is they still have to go to court. Some people here are asserting that cops do not function under the law equally as the rest of us, that they are above the law. Perhaps the murkiness comes in where cops have the right to exercise authority and we do not.

I disagree with the murkiness portion. We have every right to protect ourselves, family, and fellow citizens. So authority doesn't come in to the picture.

Oh yes, I believe we have the fundamental right to protect our selves and our family. People do not have the right to come into our homes uninvited. I meant, more or less, that the police have the authority given to them by the State to enforce ordinances.

True, but that's their duty. It's a function that must be carried out in order for us to live peacefully. Sometimes it works correctly, and sometimes it doesn't. No one is perfect.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
These park policemen probably acted because they were afraid of their boss if they didn't stop the dancing and make an example of the dancers. And their boss has another boss who he is afraid of, and so on up the chain. Somewhere there is a guy who isn't afraid of the guy above him, and that's the guy who is responsible for this civil liberties outrage.

If dancing is outlawed only outlaws will dance.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by brewing
It's funny how ATS mods remove posts and most of you folks could give a toss about that freedom.

Hey I'm off to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers in the morning....gonna do a dance just to see if I get my head kicked in and get famous. Who's in?

I'll bring my video camera. But I want a cut of the lawsuit money.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I'll bring my video camera. But I want a cut of the lawsuit money.

Okie doak. But you can only just man the camera...don't be all butting in trying to get your head kicked in too. This is my moment of glory.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
no they don't charge you, what's the crime, dancing. they get rid of you, show who's boss and then release you.

most people don't have the money to sue the federal government. but with this video, you don't need a lawyer.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I know this belongs in official business.

But - - IMO - - posted age should be a requirement.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
wow what about all those flash mobs there were popular back then? Would they body slam and choke each and every person?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Oh my, I just searched for the facebook page and the owner of the page posted the following:

Adam Kokesh and the Codepink defied the LAW at the Jefferson Memorial The U.S. Park Services monuments are owned and operated by the Park Serv. We need permission and permits from them in order to protest any topic. They have to okay it. Codepink had got NO permission from the Park Service. Park Service = under Dept. of Interior. We need permission to do ANYTHING on their property. The DOI has their property and we have ours. Their property includes the National Parks, the Park Service etc. My dad worked for the DOI and we have to follow their rules just as you have to follow and respect My rules on MY property. Hence why in April 2008: A group of less than 20 young people came to the memorial as part of a flash mob where they would dance to music played through their headphones. U.S. Park Police then told the dancers to leave, and eventually arrested one woman on misdemeanor charges, Mary Oberwetter. Oberwetter fought the charges in court, arguing that dancing was protected free speech, and noting that groups of noisy school children are routine at the memorial. She lost that case, with the courts agreeing that the U.S. Park service has a duty to maintain decorum at the nation's monuments, and no demonstrations are allowed inside the monuments or on their property!!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by TheTrickerHouse
ITricking is basically dancing mixed with ninjas.

If I see you on my Australian early morning news show in a viral youtube that they play every 45 minutes with their canned smiles and cheesy comments, I'll bloomin ninja you !!!!!!11

Does anyone else feel that fury that you get when you see cops abuse the public this way, getting shorter and shorter as that numb oh-this-happening-again? feeling sets in?

Like the brick wall in front of you is getting taller and taller...

yes I do & I think I just realized something, its nigh impossible to change the entire system a society runs on in a non destructive manner in just one lifetime, but what is possible is to make the negative elements work for you.

I think we need a new breed of honest news media in the likes of - "cop watch," "CEO watch" and "Politician Watch" shows that would research and report inhumane & criminal acts committed by these unique classes of citizen.

The mass/corporate media is controlled to prevent such things & fills the gap with "pretty things and people" to focus on when instead we should be using our eyes to scrutinize the actions of authoritative figures & those in positions of power.

-Bob
edit on 30/5/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by brewing

brewing, did you go "do a little dance?"

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The very first guest on Adam VS the Man comments on this like only he can

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
From veiwing that video i have really have no desire to visit the USA in this life time or any other.
I feel sorry for you guys i really do.

Why dont all you folks who give a # get out while you can. America is on its way down and will never be the same again. It can only get worse. The best protest in America would be to leave for good.
Sorry guys but i feel for you all trapped in a police state that just getting out of control.

What do those cops tell there wife's and children when they get home - Hey Hun i just busted someone for smooching and showing love for our country lol.
Retards tbh

edit on 30/5/11 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I've seen this sort of set up before where the cameras were at a place waiting for a planned event by someone who knows what isn't allowed and they do it anyway.

It's true preventin dancing is silly, but the camera was there waiting. Don't be stupid people, this sor of journalism happens every day.

"Camera's don't just record. They change what they record simply by being there" (General Hammond SG1)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Maan, take your country back guys, these Nazi's need stopping, FFS!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This guy does this regular at Trafalgar square in London.

Dancing Man 1

Dancing Man 2

More Dancing man

As you can see not even 1 police officer stops this dude from dancing.

I cant believe that you cant do that in the USA.

Even if it is a staged event just to get attention they are still showing you how stupid that law is. should you all just accept that rule or fight it? and if so how would you protest it?

edit on 30/5/11 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
reply to post by eXia7

To be shown on Russia Tv, I wonder what the russians think about america

Probably the same as the rest of us when we see this kind of crap, we think you have sunk into fascism lite in transition to fascism proper when the economic collapse kicks in, your pigs are pigs!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
What is the law in an nation where the rule of law is dead?

Laws made and enforced in a land of corruption and tyranny are not Laws at all.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Welcome to the obamaland liberal utopia....if you push the limits,the weight comes down....you do only what the obama/pelosi faction tells you to do....do not step outside the boundries

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Tonosama

No...I couldn't find my hockey helmey.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join