It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Kokesh Body Slammed for Dancing at Jefferson Memorial

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

edit on 30-5-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: never mind video already posted

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

Wow.

So you absolutely care nothing about the Constitution.

What a sad time we live in.

:/

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Perhaps not so sad when conservatives and liberals can see the big picture, join forces and not knuckle under to tyranny and slavish worship of authority figures and stupid laws.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Reply to post by brewing

Private property.

Apples and oranges

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Reply to post by whaaa

I agree. It is disheartening, though, that many people don't give a flip about their rights

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by balon0

It is still public property, no matter who claims to be in charge of it.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I know this belongs in official business.

But - - IMO - - posted age should be a requirement.

Posted age? You mean posters should be required to post their age? What does that have to do with this thread at all?

IN MY OPINION, you should mind your own business, and if you have nothing better to say other than wishing you could belittle people for their age, then you probably shouldn't even comment.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Posted age? You mean posters should be required to post their age? What does that have to do with this thread at all?

IN MY OPINION, you should mind your own business, and if you have nothing better to say other than wishing you could belittle people for their age, then you probably shouldn't even comment.

I wasn't actually belittling anyone.

People tend to think differently at different ages. I think it helps in understanding their point of view.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Perhaps not so sad when conservatives and liberals can see the big picture, join forces and not knuckle under to tyranny and slavish worship of authority figures and stupid laws.

So would you like to have it where all monuments are filled with protestors and activists at all times???

Because that is where you can get the most attention...where you know you will have an audience. I personally don't want memorials to be used as the location for every group who wants to make a scene. I would like to see memorials in peace without having to wade through picket sings, chanting, yelling, and pamphlets littering the floor.

I don't see why you think prohibiting protestors in memorials a "stupid law". And this is exactly what these people were doing...they were protesting...it was staged...and they wanted the police to arrest them. These weren't just some poor folks listening to an ipod and bobbing their head that got slammed down by the police...these are people that provoked to the point that they ignored multiple warnings and being politely asked to stop (I noticed you ignored my earlier post where I showed you the police being very patient and polite).

I wonder if you would like to see the Westboro Baptist Church folks in these memorials screaming about how God Hates Fags???? I bet we would see a different reaction from some people if that was the case.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

You first!

Can you guess my age?

"Im a man of wealth and taste
Ive been around for a long, long year
Stole many a mans soul and faith
And I was round when jesus christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my" age?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I wasn't actually belittling anyone.

People tend to think differently at different ages. I think it helps in understanding their point of view.

Why do you need to know the age of someone to understand what they are saying?

Many people would only use it to belittle a younger person for being too young to understand, therefore what they say has no meaning, and younger people would harass the older among us for being "too out of touch" with their younger problems.

There is no point to it, and in my opinion it would result in the belittling of users on ATS. If anyone has anything to say about this incident, then frankly, they feel strongly or passionate enough about the subject to speak out, and this is all that matters. Otherwise, it is just another form of discrimination, "ageism" as they call it, as silly as that may sound to some people.

Next it would be, "poster location", so people could "understand" others and what they stand for based on where they live. More discrimination, and stifling of the mind and someone's voice.
edit on 30-5-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I wonder if you would like to see the Westboro Baptist Church folks in these memorials screaming about how God Hates Fags???? I bet we would see a different reaction from some people if that was the case.

Rest assured, the Westboro Baptist Church is one of the few activist groups who seem to get away with whatever they want. Considering they're either a plant, as part of an agenda for people to undermine their own free speech, or they are just loons being provoked and allowed for the same purpose.

Ever notice how only the most vile, and useless activism is the only activism fully allowed, and televised? They even "protest" at private funerals. It's massively disgusting, but it is their protected right.

People slow-dancing in front of Thomas Jefferson, in the capital of the United States of America, home of the brave, land of the free... on Memorial Day weekend.. no, that is not permitted, and subjected to choke-holds and body slams. Because there is nothing more sacred than upholding the illusion of liberty that is now completely forgot. There is nothing more important than protecting the idols, and statues, and flags of something that is outright nonexistent anymore. Because people would sooner protect the free air around a statue, then support the liberty and justice it was erected for in the first place.
edit on 30-5-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Actually, yes, yes I would.

I think WBBC are evil hateful assholes, but they have a right to say what the want.

1st Amendment.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The police are more criminal than the people they arrest now days. Suppose nothing wil be done about it apart from a few people saying how wrong it is on the internet while sat in our cosy homes lapping up the life we have fed to us by those in control.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Err, it was up to you to make a good analogy, but hey, if you just want to pat yourself on the back and dismiss criticism on the basis that it upsets you... be my guest.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

The WBC get away with what they do because they study the laws and know exactly what they can do and where they can be. They don't push the line...they don't provoke the police. They go up right to the point where it is legal to protest, and they don't break any laws.

Everything you just posted is false...they don't get away with it because they are extreme...they get away with it because they do it within the law. And you can be sure that if it was legal to protest within memorials....they would be there doing it. Along with many other groups who protest within the law.

These people set up a protest in a place where protest is not allowed. You really shouldn't be surprised that you get arrested when you deliberately break the law. The only guy that got body slammed was the guy that kept walking away and yanking his arm away. Again...if you resist arrest...police will use force to restrain you.

There is no evidence in the video that unneccesary force was used. The people that didn't resist were handled very gently with no force at all...thsoe that did resist repeatedly after asking to comply had force used against them.

This isn't rocket science...the police did nothing wrong in this video.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Actually, yes, yes I would.

I think WBBC are evil hateful assholes, but they have a right to say what the want.

1st Amendment.

Well I wouldn't...as well as many others.

I don't idealize the concept of "freedom"...because just like anything else..."freedom" can be abused if not used responsibly. Most people aren't responsible...so I 100% support reasonable restrictions on "freedom". Not allowing protestors in national monuments or memorials is a reasonable restriction in my opinion.

This is the same reason why I believe in restrictions/regulation in the "free market"...people are not responsible and will manipulate or abuse any unrestricted system.

This isn't a popular view...but people as a whole are not responsible enough or moral enough to live in a society where there are no laws. They have to be told that some things you can not do. This incident is just proof of that.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I can see your point.

The reason it isn't a popular view, though, is because it is not inline with the Constitution

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is just friggin' rediculous. What the heck people??? Stand up for your rights. You see those people being arrested and brutalized for dancing and you do nothing??? Take down their badge numbers and names at least!!! The police state in here, don't kid yourselves people.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

reply to post by KEMIK

Wow.

So you absolutely care nothing about the Constitution.

:/

Please elaborate.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join