It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Kokesh Body Slammed for Dancing at Jefferson Memorial

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Amerika is screwed move the hell out while you can

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger
So, why do you believe that a "higher class" of citizen, police officers, should not be subject to the same set of laws as the rest of us?

Higher Class of Citizen?

Ridiculous.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'd like to point out to everyone that www.freetalklive.com... has very extensive coverage of the event on the top of their home page, including an inverview of Adam Kokesh and a lot of random people's thoughts. I found it to be an interesting show.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

So, why do you believe that a "higher class" of citizen, police officers, should not be subject to the same set of laws as the rest of us?

Higher Class of Citizen?

Ridiculous.

Hmmmmmm, strangely, tyranny can seemingly make people who don't share any of the same personal views band together, because while I don't share any of Annee's personal views, I respect her right to state them as she sees fit and under the boot of government oppression would be happy to stand next to her shoulder to shoulder to protect our right to disagree.

God speed to you Annee!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Higher Class of Citizen?

Ridiculous.

Yes, it is ridiculous. Police should not be considered higher class of citizen. They should have to follow the same laws as the rest of us. Therefore, if they body slam someone for dancing, they should be subject to the same penalty as if you body slammed someone who you didn't want dancing.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Some of you are just flat missing the point. Yes, this was done on purpose to disturb law enforcement. I will concede that. However, it was not done for sophomoric laughs between drunk college kids. This was demonstrated to SHOW you how absolutely insane US law has become and moreover how it is enforced.

Wake up people, If you can't celebrate freedom at the shrine of somebody who championed that freedom by expressing free speech then get used to a cold muddy boot on the side of your face and do it quickly.

Shame on any of you who claim they should have just done what they were told, this close to memorial day too, shame, shame on you.

Uh huh - - - someone finds out or knows it is illegal to dance at this memorial - - - - because of something that happened before - - - where in those in authority felt it necessary to make it illegal.

So some attention seeking guy decides to create a Flash Mob - - - to dance at this site where it is illegal.

Then law enforcement ask them to disperse - - - which they refuse to do - - - so said attention seeker - - has camera crew ready - - refuses to obey law - - and resists arrest.

Yeah - - - Shame for shame - - - on anyone who supports the cops for doing their job.

edit on 29-5-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Yes, it is ridiculous. Police should not be considered higher class of citizen. They should have to follow the same laws as the rest of us. Therefore, if they body slam someone for dancing, they should be subject to the same penalty as if you body slammed someone who you didn't want dancing.

What is ridiculous is you referring to police as "higher class citizens".

They have a job to do. They did it.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

They did it in a criminal fashion. And now its time for them to suffer the consequences.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Full throttle, all out, in the most extreme ways possible.

Police, and law enforcers also have the ability to use discretion, and choose to use a proportionate level of force based on the situation, and a simple threat assessment.

Too often they choose to use the most extreme amount of force possible.

Tis a kind of bad karma they will wish they have never created one day.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Is one of their jobs to follow the US constitution?
edit on 29-5-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Police, and law enforcers also have the ability to use discretion, and choose to use a proportionate level of force based on the situation, and a simple threat assessment.

You are assuming they didn't.

From a video designed to make you think that way.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The facebook page already has over 700 people attending next saturdays dance party. Should be interesting.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Untill the masses wake up this is going to keep happening, We are in the age of communication and the time is now. We need to stand up and fight these injustices.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You are assuming they didn't.

From a video designed to make you think that way.

I assume nothing.

Video evidence is always indisputable, except when it shows police brutality, and especially when that video is made by anyone outside of law enforcement.

They didn't fake it, they didn't deny doing this intentionality, they wanted to instigate a confrontation, they wanted to capture brutality... and it was all too easy for them, predictably so.

Take a camera with you anywhere, initiate a confrontation with law enforcement in a non-violent way and you too can make a video just like this.

Law enforcers will overreact the majority of the time, and use extreme force whenever possible.

They make it too easy for this to happen.

edit on 30-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have a very hard time even hearing such blatant misunderstanding of law, not withstanding we live in a world with millions of civil ordinances, and noise violations and complaints. However, there is only legally common law, or real law. Corporate law and its undending inordinancesm is fascism and also treason, its not legal.

Real or common law, has only 3 tenants, with certain categories relating to each.

1. you can't harm others, such as murder or rape.
2. stealing or property damage.
3. money laundering, I'm sure extortion falls in this as well.

Arresting people for not obeying things that are a violation of their soverinity. Dancing, smiling, conducting a business from their own home, using natural herbs of the earth, utlizing and deciding what foods they wish, driving a car without the extortion of liscensing, without a middle man. There are so many laws, that are navy law, and that is treason.

It doesnt matter if someone's feelings are offended by the sight of a dancing person. No one owns another person and can dictate this.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

My point is that it doesn't matter if you are a law enforcement officer or not because everyone should be subject to the same laws and restrictions. True or false?

Yes - - definitely it makes a difference if you are law enforcement or not.

So, why do you believe that a "higher class" of citizen, police officers, should not be subject to the same set of laws as the rest of us? Do you believe in the principles of equal rights? I think I've made important points, the most significant of which is that you believe law enforcers should be considered above the law.

Also, I don't remember body-slamming dancers to be part of a job of police officers. But go ahead and show me the job description of a Washington DC police officer... you can prove me wrong.

They are, if someone brings a suit against them. If they shoot someone and kill them, they have to go to court just like the rest of us. But they do have the advantage of the whole police dept backing them up in court.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I don't think it matters much if the cop shot the person without just cause.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KEMIK
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I don't think it matters much if the cop shot the person without just cause.

What I am saying is they still have to go to court. Some people here are asserting that cops do not function under the law equally as the rest of us, that they are above the law. Perhaps the murkiness comes in where cops have the right to exercise authority and we do not.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

reply to post by TheDevilOfLies

Pathetic indeed... But should you be blaming the law enforcers in this case, or those who make the law??

Bad cops are the rogues who make themselves the law maker, and law enforcer, and in many cases, judge, jury and executioner.

Were these cops bad, or simply doing their jobs?

It's a tough call... Were the Nazi soldiers guilty of crimes against humanity, or simply doing their jobs?

What happened here was a stupid law was written prohibiting dancing, and these people went there with the intent to break that law, and instigate a confrontation, cameras ready!

If they were really out to fight against these stupid laws and the system that creates them then they have failed.

But, it makes for great utoob videos, and incendiary conversation here.

To the point. But unfortunatley nobody will care about the law until somebody demonstrates and shows them what the law is directly. We're all to blame for this, not just those cops.

It's like the war. Don't blame soldiers. Blame leadership. More importantly, blame us for letting leadership get this far. Back in 2007-08 70% of the country wanted our troops home according to polls, but congress was still passing laws to fund the war. And Cheney famously shrugged the polls off. Polls are polls, congress is congress. Our government does not represent us.

We're represented by highly educated, weathy individuals. They're not like us. Most people I know, pretty much everyone, is NOTHING like them at all!! It's not representative by any stretch.
edit on 29-5-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join