It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers broke into Lockheed Martin networks: source

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Hackers broke into Lockheed Martin networks: source

www.msnbc.msn.com

BOSTON/WASHINGTON — Unknown hackers have broken into the security networks of Lockheed Martin Corp and several other U.S. military contractors, a source with direct knowledge of the attacks told Reuters.

They breached security systems designed to keep out intruders by creating duplicates to "SecurID" electronic keys from EMC Corp's RSA security division, said the person who was not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.

It was not immediately clear what kind of data, if any, was stolen by the hackers. But the networks of Lockheed and other military contractors contain sensitive data on future weapons systems as well as military technology currently used in battles in Iraq and Afghanistan.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27-5-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Looks like one of Americas best and most sophisticated defense companies are no match for the wiles of the genius hacker.

This is the same company that made the F-22, F117, SR-71, not to mention numerous other classified projects I am not at liberty to discuss.

If the company can be hacked, then what about its products? This is interesting news because China recently admitted that they have a cyberwarfare division. I am sure the USA has one as well within the ranks of the NSA.

The hackers learned how to copy the security keys with data stolen from RSA during a sophisticated attack that EMC disclosed in March, according to the source.

Very interesting. RSA keys being copied.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hackers are clearly the medias new Bin Laden...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
they are not unknown they were chinese

china is the largest spender and financier of hacking how else do you think they get the technology they do?

stories like this lead me to beleive that the stuxnet virus was the chinese testing out there abilities.

american security is a joke anymore if ever.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
"Oh noes! They stole it!" sounds a lot better than "Yeah, we gave them secret tech as leverage for our enormous debt, advancing their tech for at least 20 years", don't you think?

Also, if information (Flight envelope, characteristics, capabilities, true RCS detection method etc.) on the F-22 is not secret anymore, the USA is screwed bigtime since the F-22 is the fighter jet that will make sure no air force in the world can invade US airspace without suffering huge losses.

Thank you for this incredibly critical and shocking information, OP. S&F For you!

IT--
edit on 27-5-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

Its not the F-22 information that has me concerned. It is the still classified projects. The F-22 does have weaknesses, and more information is probably being gathered by the enemy via hacking, but no one has the financial resources to match the F-22 in terms of defense.

The hacking could look for a small vulnerability, the Achilles heel of the F-22 system and for future classified projects.

If the enemy knows what USA is working on while it is classified, they will develop a counter well in advance of its release.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Allways blame China, But it was Iran that had the details on the presidental chopper on a p2p sharing site. Maybe theres more hackers than just China.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

If it was anyone it was most likely the Israelis, they have known spies such as Pollard and they are no friend to the United States.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
there's nothing "critical" over there at emc. they might have some military applications, but they are low level.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Take a look at this thread I did a while ago about DODtechipedia. Tehran visits the site more than Washington DC.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jtripp6

How do you know what is critical and not important. When I was doing research people would be taking flash drives all over the place and using all sorts of comptuers etc.

The wikileaks-collateral murder video and the pentagon only providing their own USB drives just shows just because a facility may have a secure computer terminal or secure areas does not mean it is used that way always.

Also do you have a list of the "low level" applications that are not of security concern? They are saying this:

contain sensitive data on future weapons systems

How does that seem "low level" to you?

"Given the military targets, and that millions of compromised keys are in circulation, this is not over," he said.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

be my guest! walk right in no security there.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jtripp6

It is not the EMC facility that has the secure information. It is Lockheed martin that has the information. They keys provide access to LMCO.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
you realize we're talking about emc not lockheed. there is no military stuff there, i live not to far from there.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Hacking is big news at the moment because it is a serious issue for the establishment and the average citizen. What we must not forget however is that it also has direct consequences for the wider public with regards to personal freedom (I'm refering both to the likelihood of their personal information being stolen as well as the increased surveillance and possible restriction of the internet and free access to information).

edit on 27-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jtripp6

EMC provides the keys to Lockheed dude. Do you not realize that? Not only that the hackers were able to access Lockheed's networks.

Unknown hackers have broken into the security networks of Lockheed Martin

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

i seriously doubt that!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jtripp6

they didn't do it from emc

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Yep... RSA itself announced that hackers were able to decipher their supposedly unbreakable encryption a couple of months ago...

NetworkWorld Article

Here is the open letter from RSA's CEO:

Source

Many companies that use their technology were having a sh*t fit, especially large financial companies like Goldman, BNP, etc. As far as I am aware, they did not address the root cause yet, and the tools that they gave their customers were really band aids at best...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
HEY WHAT were they also after?

RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of security, risk, and compliance solutions for business acceleration.

The chosen security partner of more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500.

The Horses Mouth

Ahem, Mmmm?

And also

EMC Corp. is also recognized as the customer of RSA which actually is world largest data storage company
Technology Updates

No More Secret's?

Elf

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join