It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers broke into Lockheed Martin networks: source

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Dear grey580,

If this is not already being done in aerospace it will come soon enough. In the future your identity will be secure on line because you will need to match up to a biometric profile to log in. The little camera on your computer will match what it sees to your profile and that will determine what you get access to on the internet.

It is already true that the internet has filters based on your ip address and your computer's unique name. Some people are allowed to see some sites that you would not find in a search or even be allowed to view. Investigate the company ICANN, there is a wikipage on it or you can go to their site. Look at their funding sources and you will understand that they are still owned by the intelligence community.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

As long as they donate all their dirt to Wikileaks, I'm cool with it. Lockheed is a nefarious weapons dealer, responsible for perpetuating the freakin' machine that kills countless people every year. They deserve to be brought to their knees and driven out of commerce.

Privatizing war... sacks of crap. I hope they find dirt that incriminates them all the way to Gitmo.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This kind of problem could be greatly reduced with network isolation...

This is a matter of convenience only, material at these security levels
is made available online to save time and effort, something that is
repeatedly biting them in the ass.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I was wondering did they finally get the spaceships they been hiding for so long. Cant wait to see some geek with anti-gravity secret.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I bet china did it.
they should thank the hackers.
they have given them a head start to stop this kind of thing.
But they have Not done any thing to stop hackers.
They should take beter care of there computers.
they are totaly stupid.
or they wont them to get in to the computer info.

The internet hackers are the only ones
who Can make the internet safe.
they know how it works!

biometric profile to log in? HA!
dont be silly.
it is Still data sent over the web.
and ANY date can be copid and fake't.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtripp6
like i said i live nearby, no news no stolen keys no nothing, no military stuff there.

Ok, it is very clear that you don't quite understand the process.

EMC owns RSA, RSA creates encryption technology and algorithms used for public/private cryptography, these crypto-algorithms are used, among other things, for password encryption.

In cryptography, RSA (which stands for Rivest, Shamir and Adleman who first publicly described it) is an algorithm for public-key cryptography.[1] It is the first algorithm known to be suitable for signing as well as encryption, and was one of the first great advances in public key cryptography. RSA is widely used in electronic commerce protocols, and is believed to be sufficiently secure given sufficiently long keys and the use of up-to-date implementations.
RSA Wiki

The technology is usually utilized by the end user (or client of EMC subsidiary RSA) by means of a keyfob like this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df9cce334313.gif[/atsimg]
or this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/165532a78e4e.gif[/atsimg]

When an end user, like employees at Lockheed Martin, log in they will be prompted for a password, they then look at their RSA Keyfob, and type in the 6 digit number displayed, the numbers on the fob change every 60 seconds on a pre-determined algorithm which is stored and matched at RSA's (subsidiary of EMC) computers via a secure portal.

The CEO of RSA had this to say on the matter back in March when they were hacked

Like any large company, EMC experiences and successfully repels multiple cyber attacks on its IT infrastructure every day. Recently, our security systems identified an extremely sophisticated cyber attack in progress being mounted against RSA. We took a variety of aggressive measures against the threat to protect our business and our customers, including further hardening of our IT infrastructure. We also immediately began an extensive investigation of the attack and are working closely with the appropriate authorities.
Open Letter to RSA Customers

Now the hackers responsible for the, now known, hack at RSA would have the algorithm encryption sets for any issued keyfobs to personnel of any of their clients (which is a VERY diverse number of companies, dealing with a whole variety of things), having this info would then allow them to log in via a portal to any one of RSA's numerous clients, in this case Lockheed Martin.

At this point, it doesn't even need to be a sophisticated hack, it is very much akin to knowing your buddy's password to his e-mail account, use the internet to go to the log-in page, enter the RSA portal, and then log in with a username (which you received during the RSA hack in March) and use the 6 digit encryption that was pre-determined for the exact minute in time you are attempting your log in activity.

The "Deny Ignorance" motto for ATS should NOT be extrapolated to "Deny Everything", get a grip.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by edog11

Its not the F-22 information that has me concerned. It is the still classified projects. The F-22 does have weaknesses, and more information is probably being gathered by the enemy via hacking, but no one has the financial resources to match the F-22 in terms of defense.

The hacking could look for a small vulnerability, the Achilles heel of the F-22 system and for future classified projects.

If the enemy knows what USA is working on while it is classified, they will develop a counter well in advance of its release.

Well I do know China has GhostNet, a supposed Military Class hacking infrastructure. Google GhostNet. Thing is, they may already know most to everyone;s secret;s already but this is hypothetically my opinion

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I highly doubt the stuxnet was chinese more like an attack from israel and america against Iran i think most people would agree on that china has good relations with iran.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
If i may, i'd like to offer a possible scenario here as to i believe is happening.

I seem to recall hearing on the news a few years ago that parts of the Gov't and
Big Companies were actually hiring hackers/ex i don't know if they were all that,
but they were offered Big $$$ for their services in keeping everything running
smoothly and totally secured against well, hackers.

Now what if... Insiders/Gov't are paying these hackers to break into these large
Corporations/ Gov';t on purpose in order to bring in Surveillance and a NWO.

I feel this is happening as we speak. They create the problem and then offer a
solution to keep us all cozy warm and safe.. not really no.

But.. There is also another thought i had which is, what if some of these Hackers
are really decent guys that can see through the slime and crap thats going on on
the inside, which no doubt atleast some are privy to., what if some of them are
actually for the People? They would be one of the last hopes in hell if the NWO
were to rear its ugly head full tilt, because they would undoubtedly just love to
screw our slave masters royally by bringing it all down on top of them..

Just a thought..

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hmm, Sounds kind of fishy to me . 2,500 F-35 fighter jets is going to cost U.S. taxpayers 1.3 billion dollars. (Thats not the fishy part though ) Could someone be hacking to see if the costs are really justified; and maybe hack some other DOD contractors in the process to make it look like a hack from some other country. Someone is P.O. thats for sure. Well it could all end up as the F-35 not getting produced any further because someone has the plans because of the hack thus killing the F-35 program. It just sounds fishy with all the noise created this week and last week on the F-35 program and GE leading the way for its new engine for the F-35.

The fact is though that many AG's ( Air Guards ) in the U.S. retired there F-16's already , so we need the F-35's. Some states are now left with no flying AG and are getting new missions other than flying. So now some states have no Air Combat wings now, because they have no aircraft. Many F-16 were pulled from the states before the last November election in some sort of political power play. My local Congressman will be unelected just for that.

I hope the F-35 gets flying soon. It worries me that some states have no combat wings.

The house passed it.

House Passes Defense Bill

Obama Administration Threatens Veto of Defense Bill

edit on 28-5-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by edog11
"Oh noes! They stole it!" sounds a lot better than "Yeah, we gave them secret tech as leverage for our enormous debt, advancing their tech for at least 20 years", don't you think?

Also, if information (Flight envelope, characteristics, capabilities, true RCS detection method etc.) on the F-22 is not secret anymore, the USA is screwed bigtime since the F-22 is the fighter jet that will make sure no air force in the world can invade US airspace without suffering huge losses.

Thank you for this incredibly critical and shocking information, OP. S&F For you!

IT--
edit on 27-5-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

Giving them tech as leverage against our enormous dept? Hmmmm Finally a crazy conspiracy theory I read on ATS that......well......doesn't sound all that crazy! That actually seems somewhat plausible! No way to prove it of of course...at least none that I can think of.....but a very interesting thought to be sure.

As far as China getting our tech though....Honestly I got to disagree with you a bit there.... I don't think it's quite as big of a deal as it sounds. China spent $77.95 billion on its military in 2010....The U.S. spent 685 Billion. Even then we've shut down our F-22 production a long while back....it was too expensive! We are now concentrating on the 'next best thing' the F-35....which is a good plane, even though it pales next to the F-22. Considering WE can't even afford our most advanced plane...I doubt China will be able to either.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Well i don't know about that, apparently China now owns more Gold than any other country India being second.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
to be totaly honest, their servers and security systems are extremly low, they should stop complaining , Lockheed is a good company but seriously they should invest more money in their network security and hire real security engineers

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GringoViejo ...this sounds more like a job application than criminal intent.

Yeah it does.

Perhaps a bet.

Or for bragging rights...

Great thread Mr. The Professional sir.

edit on 28/5/11 by SlackOps because: spelling

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
When I saw the heading I thought maybe someone had snuck into area 51 and cloned the black mailbox! RSA public keys might be used to authenticate emails between Lockheed employees over networks accessible to hackers. Government employees aren't supposed to talk about classified information over public channels but they often do. They either think the channel is more private than it is, or they think their double talk doesn't reveal any secrets.

This wasn't an EMF eavesdropping or someone breaking the shutters on a satellite network so it must be just about RSA authentication and email vulnerability?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Hackers broke into Lockheed Martin networks: source

www.msnbc.msn.com

BOSTON/WASHINGTON — Unknown hackers have broken into the security networks of Lockheed Martin Corp and several other U.S. military contractors, a source with direct knowledge of the attacks told Reuters.

They breached security systems designed to keep out intruders by creating duplicates to "SecurID" electronic keys from EMC Corp's RSA security division, said the person who was not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.

It was not immediately clear what kind of data, if any, was stolen by the hackers. But the networks of Lockheed and other military contractors contain sensitive data on future weapons systems as well as military technology currently used in battles in Iraq and Afghanistan.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27-5-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

This comes after the RSA seed database was compromised.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
When I saw the heading I thought maybe someone had snuck into area 51 and cloned the black mailbox! RSA public keys might be used to authenticate emails between Lockheed employees over networks accessible to hackers. Government employees aren't supposed to talk about classified information over public channels but they often do. They either think the channel is more private than it is, or they think their double talk doesn't reveal any secrets.

This wasn't an EMF eavesdropping or someone breaking the shutters on a satellite network so it must be just about RSA authentication and email vulnerability?

Not really that simple and innocent, I'm afraid.

RSA keys are used as an authentication protocol to verify the user has access to said database or system.

Easy analogy, at the Airport you have areas that are only for "Authorized Personnel" so they have a keycard or employee badge rfid that allows them access, people that don't have them are not able to open the door and go into that area.

RSA key authentication works the same, someone that has these "keys" to Lockheed Martin's systems, are now able to go through that "Authorized Personnel Only" door.

We are left without knowing for sure what system or databases were exactly accessed, so one can only speculate, but given what Lockheed Martin is known for, Black Projects at Area 51 via Skunkworks, would make a "worthy" target but sure it could easily be just e-mail also.

Not likely that innocent though given the previous hack to obtain the RSA keys, that's a thought out operation and would be a massive waste of time, effort, and skill for some possibly "juicy" gossip e-mails.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijaqd

We are left without knowing for sure what system or databases were exactly accessed, so one can only speculate, but given what Lockheed Martin is known for, Black Projects at Area 51 via Skunkworks, would make a "worthy" target but sure it could easily be just e-mail also.

If Lockheed Martin is storing "Black Project" information that is accessible via
internet connection they deserve to be hacked.

Anyone stupid enough to keep vital information accessible via the Internet is
an idiot.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I too, would think it is China. There was a Chinese hack into some Australian Federal depts, may have been defence, last year I believe. Nothing much come of it....We have no Secrets here and are a threat to nobody....but you Americans..Ooi Vay.....BTW we sell all our inventions to the lowest bidder, we dont even wait for the highest bid.

There are 1.3 BILLION Chinese, they make nearly everything the US needs.
They are quite as capable as the US, at making anti gravity interplanetary craft. They were just trolling Lockheed to see if Ben Rich's claims are true........and for some extra ideas.
Dont forget, Chinese students at US, Aust, Canada etc universitys, have been used as spys for years.
Those gullible "Gwy Lo" (white barbarians) never suspect a thing.....

China will have a man on Mars first....and "Claim that planet in the name of....CHINA."
"Oh Yeah...Well I claim that planet in the name of Earth!!!.......This Planet is'nt big enough for the 2 of US".....Karrrrbooom.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Seems like if it was indeed China, we'd know... and it wouldn't be the first time!

www.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join