It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers broke into Lockheed Martin networks: source

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtripp6
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

i seriously doubt that!

I repeat, they have infiltrated Lockheeds networks:

Unknown hackers have broken into the security networks of Lockheed Martin

Do you have any evidence that they did not infiltrate their networks?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

The F-22 info, while lower in classification, can deal a bigger blow to the USA since the USA relies on the Raptor for its short-term survival (10-15 years). Other projects are meant for future development and future implementation (20+ years from now) but what future are we talking about if the USA is in direct danger in 2-5 years because its number one fighter-jet is neutralized?

I assume, by reading your initial comment, that you are also aware of at least one of the more long-term project I am referring to.
I don't think China or even Russia can do much with that kind of tech (the top-classified ones). They simply lack the expertise and "unique" recourses that the USA possesses to really be able to achieve much, even if they have the blueprints and formulas.

I hope I'm not talking riddles but you have to be careful talking about something like this

IT--

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Let me say a little something about network security and hackers.

If a hacker wants in, he's going to get in. No matter what sort of fancy security you may have. There will always be some trick that a hacker can try to get in.

Security is there to slow down a hacker and give you enough time to hopefully catch the guy in the act.

Probably an exploit was used to infect a pc on the network with malware and then passwords were stolen as people entered them via keylogger.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Who knew it was so easy for hackers to invade any place they want. I betcha new onlines laws to follow

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
it's data storage over there, nothing important, can you say "data general inc."

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

it's data storage over there, nothing important, can you say "data general inc."

It is the worlds largest data storage company. Not only that, it also has the security keys for Lockheed martin. They used those keys to gain access to Lockheed's classified networks and steal the information.

Do you have any information that leads us to believe that this is not what happen?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Dear The_Professional,

The best stuff is not kept on the network at all. Unless the security procedures have changed, their planning documents are secure.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
like i said i live nearby, no news no stolen keys no nothing, no military stuff there.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Do you have inside information as to Lockheeds networks? Their is always transfer of information going around. We have no idea what was on the networks but sources are saying that there was sensitive data on it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

like i said i live nearby, no news no stolen keys no nothing, no military stuff there.

I know you live nearby. There is no news because they don't want you to know.
There is no military stuff there at EMC because that is where they keep the keys from which they used to get access to Lockheeds networks.

Im trying to tell you that EMC is where they keep the keys, not the information. Those keys enabled the hackers to get into Lockheeds network and steal the data.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

C'mon buddy! I think we both know that the truly high-classified documents/projects/blueprints etc. are not stored in simple 2-Bit language. It will be absolutely impossible to decipher if you don't know the proper format, (X-bit? Q-bit?) let alone the security-system that will be on each and every single file.

Please realize that both in military and civilian technology, the current "High-Tech" that you think is top of the line is actually very old and very outdated (the F-22 Raptor for example). What you see in this case is just the top of the iceberg, with the more advanced stuff never seeing the light of day. These projects are born in secrecy and die in secrecy, never to be heard from.

IT--
edit on 27-5-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
i'll talk to some people that work there about it, but i myself don't think there is any connection there to lockheed.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I know people who worked in the field, dated a Lockheed engineer from Skunk works and no, she never told me any secret stuff. Also had other family in aerospace. Whatever else I may know about their systems security I would never post. If you know anyone who is really knowledgeable about computers, ask them how many steps it takes to completely delete a file on a computer once it has been created. The people in aerospace have lots of security measures.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jtripp6

If you know people at EMC. Be careful! They are taking this very seriously. This is a major US defense contractor and you are advised not to play with fire.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Computers were deemed a threat to highly sensitive information a long time ago.

Also, this sounds more like a job application than criminal intent.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
So,go back to keeping secrets on paper.In vaults.Not hard to do.These big companys forgot what made them big.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
www.defensesolutions.gov...

Anything classified would be on SIPRnet or other secure network. Not on NIPRnet.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

If you know anyone who is really knowledgeable about computers, ask them how many steps it takes to completely delete a file on a computer once it has been created.

LOL, enter me:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes I know the military standards with deleting a file. There may be times in which even I would be able to recover a file deleted off a military network.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

LOL. Yes, it looks like you do know and quite a lot. There are people that work for these companies that also understand and there are procedures in place to prevent such things. I am sure "sensitive" information may have been lost; but, critical information is highly unlikely. As for secrets about highly classified planes and such, they are still using spies.

Here is something to be concerned about. Lancaster-Palmdale in California is where many of the planes are made. It is also where the Chinese are planning to build an electric car plant. Why choose the area, because you can then hire engineers that worked for these companies and got layed off.

Chines technology in the United States

I lived there until very recently and still keep tabs on the place. Be well.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by edog11
reply to post by grey580

C'mon buddy! I think we both know that the truly high-classified documents/projects/blueprints etc. are not stored in simple 2-Bit language. It will be absolutely impossible to decipher if you don't know the proper format, (X-bit? Q-bit?) let alone the security-system that will be on each and every single file.

Please realize that both in military and civilian technology, the current "High-Tech" that you think is top of the line is actually very old and very outdated (the F-22 Raptor for example). What you see in this case is just the top of the iceberg, with the more advanced stuff never seeing the light of day. These projects are born in secrecy and die in secrecy, never to be heard from.

IT--
edit on 27-5-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

I never said it would be easy to crack. However new techniques are always being discovered to bypass security.
Rainbow tables make short work of non complex passwords. Even some complex ones.

I would dare say the hackers broke in via an insecure system. Sniffed packets on the network to get rsa key and password pairs. Or even smart card logins.

We will see what gets leaked online in the coming days. If it's anonymous or some other group like that maybe they will release the data.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join