It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KISS Rocker Gene Simmons Slams President Obama's Israel Policy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
hey gene

this was W's and clintons policy as well

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Israel could never become an Apartheid state simply because of it's own diversity among their Jewish population. Do you honestly think they will separate their own Jewish population by colour and culture?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yet the USA is pretty good at invading nations and pilfering it; once it's dry, they move on. And of course.....there's the question of the American 1845 borders

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

and there plenty of Americans to fight these wars too

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OpusMarkII

Yep but who in their right mind would join the US Military now.....

lets hope you don't loose that choice!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
I find it truly sad on that on a site who prides itself on the motto “deny ignorance” some people it would seem are turning to mediocre washed out rockers like Gene Simmons for political analysis. I might just start using Peter Griffin to back up my arguments if this is the level that we have lowered our self’s to. Really, people this is getting pathetic turning to this guy for political analysis is like turning to your pet dog to get advice on how to fix your car.

Gene Simmons is a joke.

First, let me apologize to you, Walking Fox, and any other Native Americans reading this thread. What the US government did to the indigenous population - broken treaties, forced relocations, confinement to reservations - it was ALL horrible. Obviously there is nothing I can do about it now, I just wanted to let you know I think it was wrong.

That being said, I never said I "turn to" ANYONE for political analysis, I just thought it was an interesting video from someone who hasn't really been that political in the past. I will do my own analysis, because I don't trust anyone to do it for me as it seems everyone has an agenda and is willing to look past, and ignore, the truth to suit it.

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Potayto/Potahto.

In order to start from the 1967 borders, you have to return to them.

What he said. Make no mistake about it, Obama means that Israel should return to indefensible borders, period. He is NO friend of Israel.

Originally posted by the owlbear
reply to post by OldCorp

Jew Bashers? I know you're looking my way. FYI, my neighbors and friends are Jewish in faith, my kids and their kids are the best of friends, there is nothing I wouldn't do for ANYONE in need regardless of race religion or creed. To insinuate I hate Jews is...dare I say...a little insulting. I applaud you pointing out someone's opinion on something and I apologize for hijacking your thread, but don't you EVER accuse me of "Jew bashing". Simply put, Israel should have went back to their borders years ago, they didnt, they have encroached on EVEN MORE land. They have weapons of mass destruction, yet the US doesn't invade. They assault their neighbors for trying to defend themselves or just building a reactor. They have more un resolutions against them than nearly any other nation. These are simply facts. Truth hurts. If you got a problem with that tell the mods. I'd rather not be part of a community which suppresses opinion.

Is that right? You don't have a single anti-Semitic bone in your body? Then tell me what Joe Lieberman has to do with this discussion:

Then why doesn't he move back to his God Given country? He can take Smokin' Joe Lieberman on his shoulders.
What country owes It's existence to the UN yet ignores all mandates against it? I just wish someone would illegally bomb some of their nuclear power plants and installations (ie BOMBS!). They think they are above international law. They'll learn soon enough that the world community isn't putting up with it much longer.

First, I'm glad you realize that Israel is the God-given home of the Jews. Now that that is settled, when God gave the land to Abraham it included all of the land from the Nile to the Euphrates, a fact that even the Koran does not dispute. So any Muslim who says the Jews don't belong there is going against the will of God as transmitted to Mohammed through the angel Gabriel.

Second, while you didn't say anything openly hateful, your suggestion that Simmons go back to Israel taking randomly picked Joe Lieberman - who like I said has nothing to do with this - says to to me "He should go back to Israel and take the rest of the Jews with him.

OUCH. Truth does hurt doesn't it?

My comments on the bombing of Israeli nuclear facilities stands and is not ignorant. They have destroyed facilities in Iraq and Syria. The UN even condemned the one back in what was that 1981. Before gas attacks and the like from Hussein fell out of favor with the west. They have nuclear weapons and have destabilized the region in doing so. Yet they feel they are entitled to the weApons which they claim they don't have and no other country in the region may have them to defend themselves against attack or just have a reactor. Maybe if someone else had access to weapons to keep them in check, maybe they would go back to their borders mandated and try to give peace a chance.

On the contrary, Israels nuclear weapons have contributed to the stability to the region, not the other way around. If Israel didn't have the means to glass their enemies in half an hour, they would have been attacked by the 22 surrounding Arab nations and destroyed long ago.

Originally posted by opal13

I think Gene is a very intelligent business man, and being so does not mean he knows nothing of his homeland. He has his opinion, and everyone else has theirs. Heck, I give him credit for having the balls to admit he voted for Obama. But like he said he voted for an ideal not an idealist. I would be more inclined to listen to Gene and some of the drivel other celebrities spew.

I agree wholeheartedly. Gene is an extremely astute business man, and an extremely hard working one at that. He's aways looking for a way to expand the KISS franchise, and by and large has been very successful at it. Where are Boston, Kansas, R.E.O. Speedwagon, or any number of the best rock bands of the '70s? As great as they were, their work is relegated to classic rock radio stations; the KISS franchise on the other hand is one of the most recognized in the world, 30 some odd years since their heyday.

Just an observation, man. People cry foul, unless it's Israel. I personally don't give two sh*ts about all this. Like I said, when the world speaks in a couple of months, Palestine will be a state and with all luck, US resistance notwithstanding, UN peacekeepers will be on the ground to enforce it like they should have done years ago. Rather than Israel building walls and stealing what little water resources the INDIGENOUS people had. I get it your family moved there some time ago and I believe you should have a state with all rights as long as said state realizes it exists neighboring ones with full rights as well. Which Israel has not observed since '69.

Just an observation, but where was the UN when 8,000+ rockets landed in Israel in the 12 months preceding Operation Cast Lead? Where was the UN when bombs were exploding on Israeli buses, pizza parlors, discos, and hospitals? The UN was nowhere to be found, so the Israelis took care of business themselves; and they did a pretty damn good job doing it too.

If you ask me, it's the Palestinians who've been getting a pass.

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by the owlbear

Who lived in my area? Aboriginals of the land whom were also immigrants and we have a treaty with them!

Yeah hi. Member of the Choctaw nation here, from the Pearl River band in Mississippi. I'mquite a student of the history of my people and my cousins through the Americas. And what I can say with certainty is that "we have a treaty" doesn't really mean a damn thing. Especially when the "treaty" is actually terms of unconditional surrender and ethnic cleansing, as was the case with the treaty at Dancing Rabbit Creek foisted upon us by President Andrew Jackson, demanding the relocation of our nation west to Oklahoma (this is why a midwestern state has a Chacta name) We also know that even a strong treaty doesn't count for anything if one side grows more powerful, such as happened with the Lakota. After trouncing the US Cavalry a few times, the United States gave them the Treaty of Fort Laramie, which guaranteed, indefinitely, the rights of a sovereign Lakota nation within borders decided upon by the Lakota themselves. It was breached by the united States within ten years. Where is "Lakota territory" now?

So yeah. "Having a treaty" doesn't actually mean diddle squat, if the treaty is a forced surrender to oppression made at gunpoint. Similarly, "having a treaty" doesn't actually make any guarantees that the treaty will be followed.

So, save the argument that you have a treaty. There are some of us who know all about treaties.

Yeah, treaties. Mohammed was famous for his treaties with his enemies. Actually, he was famous for signing treaties with no intention of honoring them, instead using them to give himself time to rearm and regroup. As soon as he felt able, he attacked those he had signed peace treaties with.

Taquiyya: The Islamic practice of lying to your enemies to advance the cause of Islam. Muslims have no problem lying to infidels, in fact, Mohammed encouraged it. So the next time someone suggests that a peace treaty between Israel and the Palestinians will solve anything - the Hamas charter calls for the absolute destruction of Israel - remember how broken treaties have affected YOUR people. From the last line of the quoted post, you seem to already have a grasp of the concept. Now apply it to the Palestinians in particular, and Muslims in general.

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
I could care less what Gene Simmons or what any other celebrity thinks for that matter as their opinion is meaningless.

To the OP :

Where does your allegiance lie? Are you an American? If you are your total and final allegiance remains with The United States Of America.

My "total and final allegiance" is to GOD, and not to any nation, including the US.

I just wanted to respond to a few of the comments before you all thought I'd fallen off the face of the Earth. While I go back and pick some more quotes to respond to, take a listen to this KISS song: I Love It Loud. The discerning ear can draw a clear parallel between the lyrics and the importance of expressing your political point of view, no matter what it is..

*Dons Terminator mask...

I'll be back.
edit on 5/28/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I'm using the term in a very broad sense. Has Israel undertaken ethnic cleansing in any of its areas? That's the thin edge of the wedge.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedDebater
So it is OK for a has been no talent faux Rock Star to bash Obama and yet when the Dixie Chicks bashed Bush they were boycotted.

Oh I get it.....not really.

Because the Dixie Chicks suck?

No, seriously, the circumstances are totally different. The Dixie Chicks made their comments at a time of national pride, when nearly everyone in the US was looking for a little payback - including me. It didn't take long however for me to see behind the lies of the Bush administration. Once it became obvious that there were no WMDs and that he lied us into war, the scales fell from my eyes. My relevant blog post.

So what they did was to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. The American people were in lockstep with the President in his call for war with Iraq, and they responded to Natalie's statement by burning and crushing their CD's and refusing to buy any tickets to see them perform. Although they were initially hurt by the controversy, it seems the Dixie Chicks are getting the last laugh:

As of 2009, they have won 13 Grammy Awards, with 5 of them earned in 2007 including the coveted Grammy Award for Album of the Year for Taking the Long Way. As of July 2010, with 30.5 million certified albums, and sales of 26,733,000 albums in the U.S., they have become the top selling all-female band in the U.S. during the Nielsen SoundScan era. Dixie Chicks Wiki

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
How about Israel going back to pre 1900 borders ! That would be better for all.

How about 1900 BCE borders? Sounds good to me.

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by OldCorp

Funny, you seem to have no problems pointing out traits of muslims. Of course that isn't considered racism or hate speech.

1. Muslims are not members of a "race." They are members of a religion.
2. Anything I have posted about Muslims has its roots in the Koran. Repeating their own beliefs would hardly qualify as "hate speech," which is why I've never had a single problem with the content of my posts in that arena.

reply to post by liejunkie01

I saw KISS in their earlier days and one of the best concerts I've ever been to

I've seen them twice: Once in Fort Lauderdale, and once in Terre Haute Indiana. Before I die, I want to see them one last time.

Every time I see my cousin, I give him snip because when we were growing up we both loved KISS. Gene Simmons was his favorite, while Peter was mine. The song 100,000 years is still one of my favorites due to the sweet drum solo, which led me into becoming a percussionist myself. Anyway, the reason I give him snip? He still has a tiny discoloration on his chin from where he put lighter fluid in his mouth and tried to emulate Gene.

Way to go numbnuts!!!

Off to get more quotes to answer. BRB.
edit on 5/28/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

The treaty of my country (in the South Pacific) not to be confused with any "treaty" in the Middle East.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Ethnic cleaning of the Palestinians? When? Last time I looked, they were still living in Judea, Sumeria, Gaza, Jordan, Lebanon & Syria!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Gene Simmons was eight years old when he moved to the states now how many eight year olds are experts on state politics? Just because he was born and lived there for a few years doesn't mean he knows the politics of Israel.

I agree, an 8-year-old would not be an expert. Even at his age today, I'm sure even Gene would not consider himself an expert. I just pointed this out because it IS where he was born, which gives him special reason to study more and formulate an informed opinion.

We don't know what Obama believes, because the very first thing he did upon assuming office was to seal all everything he ever wrote under lock and key. How much ya wanna bet that there's a little antisemitism - or worse - hidden away in there somewhere?

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Now we're supposed to put stock into a rock star when it comes to national issues? The guys a multi-millionaire! What does he have in common with the majority of Americans? Absolutely nothing.

As if most of the last dozen presidents had anything in common with the majority of Americans.

The older I get, and the more I see and study, I'm convinced that the Presidents that have been selected for us have NOTHING in common with the ordinary Americans; Truman and Reagan being possible exceptions.

Originally posted by Antiquated1

It has been the policy for at least the last 3 US presidents but the big difference is this time, it is coming from Obama and there is one big difference between the way he said and the way they said it. He said it while being bla...Obama.

Ummm, don't know if you've noticed, but you don't have to be bla... to be a liar. If you look at my blog post above, I called G.W. Bush a LOT worse, and the last time I checked, he wasn't bla...

Seriously people, the race card is old and played out. It's a tool of a weak mind and a weak argument. Get over it.

reply to post by OverMan

This "chosen people" myth was created by the Christians & Catholics, not by the Jews!!!

Actually, it's NOT a myth, nor was it created by Christians. You can read it for yourself in the Bible/Torah.

Genesis 12:2-3
2. And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
3. And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Genesis 17:7-8
7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
8. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Own it brother, and be proud of it.

I recently heard another explanation of why the Jews are God's Chosen People, and it has nothing to do with them being better than everyone else. It was explained to me that God chose Israel as a tool through which to work his will. Being "chosen" obviously has its drawbacks, because as the "chosen people," of Almighty God, He drew a BIG target on their backs for the ungodly to take aim; but in the end, Israel has always triumphed because God is indeed in their corner. The simple fact that they still exist after being conquered and taken away as slaves on THREE occasions - only to be restored to the land each time - points to this simple truth.

reply to post by OpusMarkII

Regardless....I don't know who I dislike the most.....Obama or Palin !

If there absolutely HAS to be an idiot in the Oval Office, I'd much rather it be Sarah Palin. At least she's a hottie.

*More to come: BRB

Oh, WTF does file sharing have to do with Israel and the 1967 borders? Keep it on topic please.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpusMarkII

I have no isues with Israel deffending it self but what you want is a massvie boarder expansion this will cuase massvie blood shead . I`m done we are at an impass, Israel certinly will require young Americans to hellp fight these wars

I'm pretty sure Israel can take care of itself without US boots on the ground. If there ever are US troops in Israel, I can guarantee that it will be as a result of UN intervention ala Libya.

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Well, in all honesty, it doesnt need to be. Israel would already be gone if we and the rest of the west did not enable them, if they behaved this way. If left to their own devices, without the west intervening, (because we want the regions resources) they would already have reached equilibrium there, it just likely would not be the equilibrium western business interests want. We should not have recreated the country in the first place. Honestly. (And it was Britain's big idea, primarily, even though America takes all the heat for it) and once we did, we should have insisted from the start they give back the land they seized in 1967 or lose all support from the west.

Sorry to disagree (actually I'm not
) but since developing their own nukes, Israel doesn't need us any more. If US military sales - not AID, but SALES - to Israel suddenly stopped, they would still have 200+ nuclear weapons, ensuring their mantra of "Never Again" will be in place for all time.

Also, the reestablishing of Israel as a nation might have been carried out by Britain, the US, and the UN, but it was GOD's idea. Search out the "Parable of the Fig Tree" and you will see that this was foretold by Christ more than 2,000 years ago. *Hint, Israel is the Fig Tree.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks for your poignant tale of puberty....not really. But I'm not here to debate music and as they say, there is no accounting for taste. Musically speaking, I've never felt loudness was a substitute for talent. But it is fitting you seem to idolize a a big noisy, fake, untalented band. It is an apt metaphor for the Republican Party. "Love gun" LOL

As far as a blatant lie in your opening epistle:

I hope the rest of President Obama's Democratic supports will also wake up to the fact that he's a liar, a weak and ineffective President, and hasn't done anything he promised he would do.

Here is a rather important one he kept:

Rock on dude. Keep spreading lies and Party every day. LOL

/MD

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks for your poignant tale of puberty....not really. But I'm not here to debate music and as they say, there is no accounting for taste. Musically speaking, I've never felt loudness was a substitute for talent. But it is fitting you seem to idolize a a big noisy, fake, untalented band. It is an apt metaphor for the Republican Party. "Love gun" LOL

As far as a blatant lie in your opening epistle:

I hope the rest of President Obama's Democratic supports will also wake up to the fact that he's a liar, a weak and ineffective President, and hasn't done anything he promised he would do.

Here is a rather important one he kept:

Rock on dude. Keep spreading lies and Party every day. LOL

/MD

You're kidding right? While the country is drowning in $14.3 trillion dollars in debt, gas has doubled, food prices are soaring, we are in yet ANOTHER war, the Gitmo detainees are still in prison, and the Constitution is being shredded every day, THAT is the best you can come up with? The order to kill bin Laden was given by President Bush; Obama just happened to be in office when he was found. Mickey Mouse could have been President and the military/CIA STILL would have killed him.

Then bin Laden is buried at sea, no photos, absolutely NO proof of ANYTHING? Way to go transparency!!!

OMG dude, your argument is as big a fail as the usurper-in-chief. You get 10 minutes of Fail Horn, and that's sayin' somethin':

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

It is well known that despite Bush’s faux bravado and swagger, OBL became less and less a priority the longer Bush was in office. It went from: Wanted Dead or Alive to the infamous sound bite I will spare you proclaiming he didn’t give OBL much thought.

Although Bush talked tough about getting bin Laden “dead or alive,” he consistently failed to follow through. In November 2001, when bin Laden and his top lieutenants were cornered at the Tora Bora mountain range in eastern Afghanistan, Bush ordered the U.S. military to prematurely pivot toward planning the next war with Iraq.

The hunt for bin Laden was soon put on the back burner. As the Washington Post reported on Friday, “A few months after Tora Bora, as part of the preparation for war in Iraq, the Bush administration pulled out many of the Special Operations and CIA forces that had been searching for bin Laden in Afghanistan, according to several U.S officials who served at the time.”

And the most damning:

We now know that Bush’s second term meant a continuation of bin Laden’s relative safety. In 2005, Bush closed down a special CIA unit that had been tracking bin Laden’s whereabouts for almost a decade,

Source of quotes: consortiumnews.com...

Puleeeze don’t attempt to rewrite history. 911 happened on Bush’s watch despite compelling evidence of imminent attack in Presidential Daily Briefings which he and his team largely ignored. President Obama did the job in getting OBL. Period.

History will long remember Obama’s success and Bush’s failure despite the many attempts by you and others to rewrite history. But I digress, back to weak sauce topic:

Funny how the extreme right is quick to smear the left leaning Hollywood elite liberals then dust off a has been like Gene Simmons or Ted Nugent to tow their extremist party line. BTW, what’s with the Sunglasses indoors? Was he on drugs and afraid to show his eyes or does he still think he is a Rock Star? LOL

/MD
edit on 29-5-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

It is well known that despite Bush’s faux bravado and swagger, OBL became less and less a priority the longer Bush was in office. It went from: Wanted Dead or Alive to the infamous sound bite I will spare you proclaiming he didn’t give OBL much thought.

Although Bush talked tough about getting bin Laden “dead or alive,” he consistently failed to follow through. In November 2001, when bin Laden and his top lieutenants were cornered at the Tora Bora mountain range in eastern Afghanistan, Bush ordered the U.S. military to prematurely pivot toward planning the next war with Iraq.

The hunt for bin Laden was soon put on the back burner. As the Washington Post reported on Friday, “A few months after Tora Bora, as part of the preparation for war in Iraq, the Bush administration pulled out many of the Special Operations and CIA forces that had been searching for bin Laden in Afghanistan, according to several U.S officials who served at the time.”

And the most damning:

We now know that Bush’s second term meant a continuation of bin Laden’s relative safety. In 2005, Bush closed down a special CIA unit that had been tracking bin Laden’s whereabouts for almost a decade,

Source of quotes: consortiumnews.com...

Puleeeze don’t attempt to rewrite history. 911 happened on Bush’s watch despite compelling evidence of imminent attack in Presidential Daily Briefings which he and his team largely ignored. President Obama did the job in getting OBL. Period.

History will long remember Obama’s success and Bush’s failure despite the many attempts by you and others to rewrite history. But I digress, back to weak sauce topic:

Funny how the extreme right is quick to smear the left leaning Hollywood elite liberals then dust off a has been like Gene Simmons or Ted Nugent to tow their extremist party line. BTW, what’s with the Sunglasses indoors? Was he on drugs and afraid to show his eyes or does he still think he is a Rock Star? LOL

/MD
edit on 29-5-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

I think you may have the wrong impression of me. I'm no fan of Baby Bush either: Clicky Deh Linky and then tell me what you think.

I can't stand either of them because they are BOTH scumbags that should be tried for treason; Bush for leading us into a totally unnecessary war with his lies, and Obama for accumulating twice as much debt as every single President before him - from Washington to Bush Jr. - COMBINED!

Not to mention the fact that his latest crime, the attempted murder of Anwar al-Awlaki, an American Citizen who has never even been charged with a crime, should bring up criminal charges all by itself. If any of our "representatives" in D.C. had any balls, they'd call him on it and bring - at the very least - charges of violating the man's civil and Constitutional rights.

I'd like for you to give me YOUR opinion. Should an American citizen be assassinated by Executive Order BEFORE he is tried and convicted of a crime?
edit on 5/29/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

So tell me, when is your beloved Israel going to come out and tell the world their true aim as far as borders go ??

Will we see the Israel idea of a map anytime soon or will they just continue the lies and war until they get all they want??

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
and Obama for accumulating twice as much debt as every single President before him - from Washington to Bush Jr. - COMBINED!

That is a bald face lie:

SOURCE:
maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com...

As far a your 2nd question, here is my honest opinion, right or wrong.If the government has irrefutable proof that said person was a terrorist with DIRECT connections to 911 I am OK with it.

But back to YOUR thread topic that YOU continue to evade:

Touting Gene Simmons opinion of the recent effort of POTUS to normalize the Israel border boundaries as a credible, unbiased source is patently absurd. It simply illustrates opinion bias by someone with a very bad case of former Rock Star idol worship. But don't feel bad. Many people still adore Elvis. LOL

/MD
edit on 30-5-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Yeah, treaties. Mohammed was famous for his treaties with his enemies. Actually, he was famous for signing treaties with no intention of honoring them, instead using them to give himself time to rearm and regroup. As soon as he felt able, he attacked those he had signed peace treaties with.

Care to name one such entity, OldCorp? See, here's the thing. I can name nation after nation of my people, and name man after man from the US (and Canada as well, if I wanted to) who defrauded and lied to them. I have historical examples all over the place, and I'm willing to put my money on the fact that you've only got vague generalities drawn from Daniel Pipes.

Taquiyya: The Islamic practice of lying to your enemies to advance the cause of Islam. Muslims have no problem lying to infidels, in fact, Mohammed encouraged it. So the next time someone suggests that a peace treaty between Israel and the Palestinians will solve anything - the Hamas charter calls for the absolute destruction of Israel - remember how broken treaties have affected YOUR people. From the last line of the quoted post, you seem to already have a grasp of the concept. Now apply it to the Palestinians in particular, and Muslims in general.

Heh, speak about "lying to your enemies." You're aware that this argument is specious and false, put forth by the Israeli leaders as an excuse for why they keep breaking the cease-fires they sign, right? It's no different than how your own ancestors would reason that "well, the Indians are going to break this treaty anyway, we might as well save time and do it for 'em"

Which is the thing. Israel's the one out there breaking treaties and cease-fires, then feeding dupes like you this canned response of how it's okay to do it because the people getting screwed are Muslim, and therefor "deserve it" because the assumption is because they were Muslim they were going to break it anyway... even though they didn't.

That said, Israel hasn't broken all its treaties - it still has equitable trade agreements with Turkey, and the Israel-Egypt peace treaty and the Israel-Jordan peace treaty are still doing okay. Outside Israel, neither the Egyptians or Jordanians are making any real fuss about these agreements, while the Egyptians are even maintaining agreements made back in the 1800's. Israel could have a peace treaty signed and sent tomorrow with Syria, if it left Golan, and Syria would consider the whole thing settled and good. That is to say, even the worst offender in the region has a vetter track record and more political integrity than yours does.

Think about how broken treaties have affected my people? Friend, you'd be better off thinking about that yourself. We're not the ones who have ended up being ethically stunted moral midgets at this point in history, after all.
edit on 30/5/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

reply to post by kevinunknown

Wrong.....

As a small wee boy Gene Simmons used to live up the street from our family in Haifa, Israel so yes Gene Simmons has far more knowledge than you on Middle Eastern affairs by a long shot because he IS Israeli born and bred!

edit on 27-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

Firstly he lives in a different world than Israelis for a long time now, unless Israel is affluent with millionaires. Its like saying Sinatra is an authority about sicily.

Secondly having Israeli/Jewish roots his opinion will be more biased torwards Israeli interests in the debate, rather than a realistic solution or approach that might work for both sides. Of course the Palestinians have the same approach to the issue and there you have your ongoing quagmire.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join