It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KISS Rocker Gene Simmons Slams President Obama's Israel Policy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

How was it a bad example? Gene Simmons is against theft when it is done against him, but supports theft when it is favorable to him or his people.

If anything, file-sharing is a good example to use because of how controversial it is as a whole. Some people believe the government is clamping down too hard on file-sharing, while other people (notably corporations and wealthy musicians) don't think the government is intruding enough. In some regards the issue with Israel is the same in how some people want the US government to intervene more in helping Israel claim and maintain land, while other people think that Israel has gone too far.

So I'm not really seeing your point or Gene Simmon's here. Obama actually had a decent proposal, something of a compromise. But of course, Israel will not recognize any type of compromise, and similarly, I doubt most Palestinians would either.
edit on 28-5-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

Gene Simmons is an Israeli born Jew.....of course he is going to go against the 1967 borders; even I'm against reverting back to those borders and I'm a NZ born Australian with roots from the same suburb as him. It's nothing personal but I would ultimately like to see Israel return back to it's biblical borders.

I don't have an answer for the Palestinian Arabs but Jordan is what I have in mind for them. I would much prefer an Arab Christian state alongside Israel.....but no one, do date, has given them a single mention.
edit on 28-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I was mostly just showing how Gene was biased in favor of Israel and that he was also something of a hypocrite because his opinion is favorable to himself and to his people. It would be like someone who is pro-Palestinian or anti-Israel who has a similar opinion to Gene. I just don't think that much seriousness should be placed into opinions like that because of the given bias and hypocrisy.

To me, it's a matter of why Israel thinks it deserves that land over the Palestinians, and why should Israel ignore some type of compromise? Because to me it seems like Israel extended the bounds of its territory beyond the 1967 borders... which I'm assuming would be illegal to do so.
edit on 28-5-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I use to be such a huge KISS fan back in the 70s before they put out that disco album "Dynasty" and fired Peter Criss. Even though I was a big fan, I really don't think his political views are that important.

His family immigrated to the United States in 1957 when he was 8 years old. Do those eight years really make him an expert on the current situation in Israel? His opinion is nothing more than an opinion.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Yes but we all have an opinion regardless of whether we have a stake in Israel or not. I'm quite happy to have a civil debate on the matter but when people get nasty then I have to ask what their true agenda is because lets be real frank with eachother......all the pro-Palestinian cry babies really don't give a sh*t about the Palestinians unless they are one themselves. Come on.....do you hear these pro-Palestinians cry about the lose of innocent life in Iraq, Afghanistan or Libya??? Hardly.

So come on people.....get real; remember, we are all sitting on our chairs typing on a keyboard. My bet is not one single person here who is pro-Palestinian has any intentions of visiting the West Bank or Gaza, has never given charity to the Gazans, has no Palestinian friends, has no emotional link to the Palestinians.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Simmons shouldn't worry his little head over this becuase that Christain Zionist Sarah Palin will be the leader of the Conservative party and Israel will get to expnad it's boarders , ya know breathing space

www.youtube.com...

After the prime misters vissit to the congress , perhaps he should run for pres

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I like Gene Simmons. He's a very straight shooter and has a sense of humour about things in general and about himself.

Having said that, I don't think it is fair to upbraid President Obama too much for this latest idea on how to approach the situation in Israel. The United States should have input. They are, after all, footing a lot of the bills.

If you get rid of Obama and the Democrats, who do you get to replace them? The same people who backed Israel to the hilt and put the United States's ass in a sling economically.

I think there should be a state of Israel. I wish the "holy land" were in Arizona, but it is where it is, so let's make it work.

Here's a question for Gene. How do you make Israel work without endorsing an apartheidt state?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

His bias is showing.

He wants a border drawn that gives Israel a military advantage. If he were Palestinian, he would be arguing the other way.

I think he is an intelligent guy but................he is biased towards Israel. Justice demands a return to 1967 borders, whether or not they give Israel a military advantage. He doesnt want justice. He wants whats best for Israel. Whether he was born there or not is irrelevant. He is obviously biased towards Israel and against the Muslim Arab nations.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OpusMarkII

Regardless....I don't know who I dislike the most.....Obama or Palin !

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

Gene Simmons is an Israeli born Jew.....of course he is going to go against the 1967 borders; even I'm against reverting back to those borders and I'm a NZ born Australian with roots from the same suburb as him. It's nothing personal but I would ultimately like to see Israel return back to it's biblical borders.

I don't have an answer for the Palestinian Arabs but Jordan is what I have in mind for them. I would much prefer an Arab Christian state alongside Israel.....but no one, do date, has given them a single mention.

Well looks to your getting what you want. I guess your one of these who wants all the land between the Nile and Euphrates under the star of david . And will Israelis bear the brunt of the fighting in this great border expansion, after 20 years in Iraq I guess not .
edit on 28-5-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

How can Israel be deemed an Apartheid state when they themselves have Jews from every corner of the world including Ethiopia and Yemen plus they have a good sized population of Israeli Arabs including the Druze & Greeks???

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I have always been open, upfront, and consistant on my views.

It's not a matter of getting what I want. Everyone knows full well Israel is NOT going to revert back to the 1967 borders as much tas that leaves a bitter taste on the tongues of some. However, it's not your country to worry about and it's quite easy to sit in the comfort of your own home and rant on against it.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

and who shell do the fighting this will require constant war for decades ! man I`m glad nt all Jews think as you do I`m not expecting Israel to go back to its 1967 baorders . I'd like to know who's goning to do all the fighting ?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Is that a matter for you to worry about? No one asked you to join the IDF or the Palestinian liberators......not that you'd join either because I'm assuming you have never fought for your own country.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I agree. Gene is a member of the Jewish diaspora and a strong backer of Israel, as virtually all of those people are.

The fact is, though, that within Israel there are divergent opinions among Jews, who live in Israel, on the "front line" about the best way forward for all concerned. The most important debates on this subject are in Israel, among Israelis.

The history of this area, for thousands of years, is one of conflict. We are told that the land of Israel was originally taken by conquest, from the people who lived there, who were driven out, by the Jews.

Everyone in the region has to decide; is that going to be the continuing history of the region, or are we going to find compromises and move out of the circle of violence?

Virtually all Israelis, with some notable exceptions, who have said that they would like to exterminate the Arabs Nazi-style, are in favor of peaceful co-existence with their neighbors. Unfortunately their neighbors regard them as thieves.

How does one move past that sort of impasse?

Benjamin Netanyahu and his supporters have opted for the solution by brute force. Is it working? Will it work? Will it create another Albania, or North Korea style armed fortress nation? Is that a desireable thing? Is there any necessity to reach accord with one's neighbors?

Some people feud in perpetuity.

There is a toxic place in Africa, where a natural atomic fission reaction is going on in the earth. It just so happens that geological processes dished up enough uranium in sufficiently pure quality to start a spontaneous nuclear reaction that has been going on for thousands of years and will continue for thousands more. It's a kind of "holy land" of toxicity.

Naturally.

edit on 28-5-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I have no isues with Israel deffending it self but what you want is a massvie boarder expansion this will cuase massvie blood shead . I`m done we are at an impass, Israel certinly will require young Americans to hellp fight these wars

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I will at least, THANK, GS for giving us a GLIMPSE of what the REAL PROBLEM IS

The REAL problem is ignorent people like him end up running things, he and Obama are birds of a feather SH*@#%*T**g on the WORLD TOGETHER

GS is a IDIOT who BELIEVES HIS PRESS, he believes that people think he is SMART, and it is true there a LOT of idiots in this world soo to THEM he is smart -- HE HAS NO CLUE.

Now here is the TRUTH of the matter. Obama is MOST LIKELY playing GOOD COP/BAD COP with Israel, THIS IS A NEGOTIATION THAT IS ON GOING, he wants this success in his LITTLE CAP. He has shown openly that he copies past presidents, Nixon and Henry Kissinger played Good Cop/Bad Cop in Vietnam, THIS is very well known and documented.

Notice, how Obama, KILLS Osama THEN HE GOES ON A SWEEPING WORLD TOUR, he soo gracious, visits Israel, makes outlandish demands, visits the Royal family in England, he has GOT those connections, ISRAEL BETTER LISTEN TO HIM.

This is an attempt at subtle intimidation to get Israel to negotiate, Hillary will return to Israel now, SHE IS THE GOOD COP, she will now make offers that make more sense, but she will also say, "If our negotiations fail, OBAMA will be visiting you !!!"

Oh, NO, he is the BAAAAD COP, NO pleEEEeaAAAAase NOT OBAMA !!!!!!

It is such an OLD and OBVIOUS tactic though, it is NOT likely to be effective.

These days the way things get done is with BRIBES, ISRAEL WANTS MONEY, that is what will changes things for Israel, lots and lots of MONEY, THEY ALREADY GET TONS OF AMERICAN MONEY, THE GREADY ALWAYS WANT MORE

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'm not saying Israel is an apartheidt state, but there are movements tending in that direction. It is difficult to see how Israel can sustain itelf as a Jewish state without becoming an apartheidt state.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Who said it would cause massive blood shed? It's going to happen at some point in the future but you know what.....something might happen in times to come and it could be there for the taking with hardly a drop of blood.

In saying that, each time the Arab nations take Israel in to a war, justice is best served by taking a chunk of Arab land....and never giving it back.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

The fact is, though, that within Israel there are divergent opinions among Jews, who live in Israel, on the "front line" about the best way forward for all concerned. The most important debates on this subject are in Israel, among Israelis.

I agree. A very good friend of mine, born in Israel, is much more concerned about justice for Palestine, and critical of Israeli policies than many American born Jews are.

The history of this area, for thousands of years, is one of conflict. We are told that the land of Israel was originally taken by conquest, from the people who lived there, who were driven out, by the Jews.

Technically, thats the story of many nations, including the US.

Everyone in the region has to decide; is that going to be the continuing history of the region, or are we going to find compromises and move out of the circle of violence?

Which to me is the real point. We dont (supposedly) allow people to conquer and take land from foreign nations any more, which is why Israel is out of compliance.

How does one move past that sort of impasse?

Make them give back what they took illegally.

It just so happens that geological process dished up enough uranium in sufficiently pure quality to start a spontaneous nuclear reaction that has been going on for thousands of yeaqrs and will continue for thousands more. It's a kind of "holy land" of toxicity.

Well, in all honesty, it doesnt need to be. Israel would already be gone if we and the rest of the west did not enable them, if they behaved this way. If left to their own devices, without the west intervening, (because we want the regions resources) they would already have reached equilibrium there, it just likely would not be the equilibrium western business interests want. We should not have recreated the country in the first place. Honestly. (And it was Britain's big idea, primarily, even though America takes all the heat for it) and once we did, we should have insisted from the start they give back the land they seized in 1967 or lose all support from the west.

The real problem is that western business interests are profiting from the unrest, they are causing a lot of it, and Israel is only a small part of the problem. Israel is just useful in America to stir up our majority Christian population against the "A-rabs" who are sitting on most of the regions oil. When that started wearing thin, they threw in "terrorists" to keep the more secular on board, and when that started wearing thin too, "humanitarian" reasons are coming to the fore.

The whole problem with that regions is no one in power really wants real justice for the people of the region, and peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join